• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's not a bad idea per say, but Epic has pretty much been forcing(mainly, there are a few exceptions)smaller indie devs to sign exclusivity deals for extra mula, so that the Epic Store is bigger, when in actuality all that's happened is the store is just a bloated mess.
So the short version would be "Epic is scummy"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But it looks so bad.
Perish. I'd post a gif of godlike suits from modern Kaiju but the site won't let me
Ok, can someone explain to my why having a video game on the Epic Games Store is a bad idea?
People generally have a problem with the exclusivity deals alongside having less benefits for the customer or my personal issue, spyware

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Just wanna ask you guys something.
With Godzilla V.S Kong coming next year (2020), which Toho kaiju do you want to see on the big screen?
(We already have Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah.)
I want Mothra to get a solo movie.

For new re-imaginings of kaiju:
  1. Gigan
  2. Mechagodzilla
  3. Biollante
  4. Hedorah
  5. Orga

I want to see rubber suits with suit actors inside to return, really miss those
There's a certain charm to it, that's for sure. Hopefully TOHO picks that up again

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*a hand suddenly shoots out of a grave, just as lightning strikes*

I’m not dead, y’all. Just been doing some other stuff irl, but I’m gonna be sticking around here a bit more now.

Anyways, any plans for Halloween? Costumes or parties or anything? I’m not really doing anything, I’ve got a Web Design class at 6:30pm so I’m not gonna be dressing up. Plus, the last 2 years we had barely anyone come by our house, so I’m not gonna even bother passing out candy this year.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is a pretty neat video. Thanks, YouTube algorithm.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyways, any plans for Halloween? Costumes or parties or anything? I’m not really doing anything, I’ve got a Web Design class at 6:30pm so I’m not gonna be dressing up. Plus, the last 2 years we had barely anyone come by our house, so I’m not gonna even bother passing out candy this year.
Seeing off some family as they head to Mexico for Day of the Dead this weekend. Unfortunately can't go with them due to work (even on my birthday next week).

Other than that, I'll probably be doing Luigi's Mansion 3 co-op with my sister as we wait for trick-or-treaters. Just pre-purchased it now.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Perish. I'd post a gif of godlike suits from modern Kaiju but the site won't let me

People generally have a problem with the exclusivity deals alongside having less benefits for the customer or my personal issue, spyware
If you’re concerned about spyware, Steam really isn’t any better in that regard. To an extent, it’s unavoidable unfortunately.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nope? Dad already said No to handing out candy which I am super happy about but who cares about handing out candy anymore

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I've heard tell that the Epic games store lacks some basic functionality (such as a shopping cart) so that's another reason people don't like Epic exclusives.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is pure GOLD, Rosalina being a masterful troll.​

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just wanna ask you guys something.
With Godzilla V.S Kong coming next year (2020), which Toho kaiju do you want to see on the big screen?
(We already have Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah.)
Biollante, Gigan and Destroyah would all be cool. That said, I would also like to see Hedorah come back. Sure, his origin story of a monster created by pollution is cheesy and all, but considering how much the media's view on radiation, fallouts and nuclear disasters has changed and whatnot, I think Hedorah could actually be made alot more interesting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kinda sad to hear some honestly worrisome things about Luigi's Mansion 3. Like there are some great things from what I've seen, but man...apparently the game is so easy to the point of tedium.

D

Deleted member

Since we’re getting close to the 1st anniversary of the 11/1 direct I was thinking of looking back at it and tell you what I thought of it on that day. How dose that sound?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Since we’re getting close to the 1st anniversary of the 11/1 direct I was thinking of looking back at it and tell you what I thought of it on that day. How dose that sound?
I thought that the 11/1 Direct was a whole bunch of filler if you exclude Kencineroar and WoL. That, and I was hella salty that they made a Mii costume of Rex and turned Shantae into a Spirit.

The assist trophy segment was pretty painful to sit through, too. I honestly thought that Isaac fans were finally going to get their moment, so I was disappointed for them when he got the AT treatment. Pretty lackluster Direct when you compare it to the bombshell that we got in August.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey. I’m curious. Including sub-areas, which franchises are and are not represented on the World of Light map?
Represented:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultkirby::ultfalcon::ultpit::ultpacman::ultryu::ultinkling::ultsimon:

Arguable:
:ultyoshi:: By virtue of Mario being represented.
:ultsamus:/:ultfox:: Non-explicit Space area could be a catch-all.
:ultpikachu:: Might just be me, but the beach area reminds me a LOT of Hau'oli City.
:ulticeclimbers:: Has an icy mountain, but nothing as far as Ice Climber-specific iconography.
:ultwario:: The city area may be a stand-in for Diamond City, but I doubt it.
:ultrob:: Console City may have been a stand-in due to presence of Nintendo hardware.
:ultsnake:: The Base has a ton of Metal Gear elements to the extent of being a lawyer-friendly cameo.
:ultvillager:: A small town can be visited via Kapp'n's bus that has Isabelle's fight. Debatable.
:ultwiifittrainer:: I think the Console City has a Wii Balance Board.
:ultlittlemac:: The city has a sporting arena and Doc's gym though it may be a generic stand-in.
:ultmiifighters:: Can feasibly be anywhere.

Absent:
:ultness::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Represented:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultkirby::ultfalcon::ultpit::ultpacman::ultryu::ultinkling::ultsimon:

Arguable:
:ultpikachu:: Might just be me, but the beach area reminds me a LOT of Hau'oli City.
:ulticeclimbers:: Has an icy mountain, but nothing as far as Ice Climber-specific iconography.
:ultrob:: Console City may have been a stand-in due to presence of Nintendo hardware.
:ultsnake:: The Base has a ton of Metal Gear elements to the extent of being a lawyer-friendly cameo.
:ultvillager:: A small town can be visited via Kapp'n's bus that has Isabelle's fight. Debatable.
:ultlittlemac:: The city has a sporting arena and Doc's gym though it may be a generic stand-in.

Absent:
:ultness::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:
Isn’t there a pink magic cloud area? I always thought that was magicant.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Represented:

Arguable:

Absent:
There’s an area with checkered grass, thought it was a reference to green hill. Maybe not though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
*a hand suddenly shoots out of a grave, just as lightning strikes*

I’m not dead, y’all. Just been doing some other stuff irl, but I’m gonna be sticking around here a bit more now.

I’m gonna watch some spooky ass movies while I wait for my Luigi’s Mansion 3 copy to arrive, then I’m gonna play it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm assuming it was a double post, since I was quoted again? :p
Yeah. There’s this dumb glitch on mobile where if you close the app as it’s posting it adds your post but doesn’t update the page to reflect it. So when you go back in the text is still in the reply box and you can’t see your in the thread. So you logically assume it didn’t go through and then boom, two copies of the exact same post. No matter how many times it happens to me I always fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom