• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Didn't mention it given I've brought it up a few times and trying to not repeat myself but okay.

I'm thinking Doom Slayer. I could be wrong and probably am but the timing couldn't be any perfect. Terry releases in November which is when DLC fighter 5 will be as well and Doom Eternal comes out on that month. Along with the Doom games being ported onto the Switch and the company being involved in the Switch's development.

Only thing is would they have two western IP's in the pass?
I doubt nationality is a factor when it comes to deciding fighters. Being a western IP isn’t holding Doom Slayer back.

D

Deleted member

Here’s a question. You need a 100% joke character in Smash. Who are they, and how do they play? No game characters for this one.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I doubt nationality is a factor when it comes to deciding fighters. Being a western IP isn’t holding Doom Slayer back.
I don't think it being a Western IP holds Doom Slayer back... I think Doom never quite being popular in Japan is more likely to hold it back. There's still plenty of reason to include Doom in Smash, but that's always been one of the standing issues with Doom Slayer I think.

Despite that, there's just been so much focus on Doom on Switch that it's hard to not seriously consider Doom Slayer as a good contender given Nintendo may be inclined to keep that particular train rolling. Even if he isn't Fighter's Pass #5, I think he still has a good shot to show up later in the DLC.

Personally, I'm expecting Ryu Hayabusa for the fifth at this point (I'm also kind of hoping for him lol). Koei Tecmo is just too big and important to Nintendo (especially in recent years) to not have a playable rep in the game IMO and Ninja Gaiden is the perfect way to do that.

D

Deleted member

Only two more days until spooky month starts. Get your skeletons ready.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Also, are the AMA's no longer pinned to the general discussion forum or are they not there because they're in transition? I know Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku mentioned mine would be going up shortly, but I was interested in seeing the most recent one too haha.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here’s a question. You need a 100% joke character in Smash. Who are they, and how do they play? No game characters for this one.
a pet rock

It can't attack, it can't be defeated, and it can't even move.

if it's anything like pet rocks in real life, the thing'll sell millions as DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every so often I feel like just going outside and just, idk. You ever thought "I could get hit by a car if I do this" and then start to actually think about doing it for real.
That doesn't sound healthy at all. Maybe try to find someone you can confide in, like a therapist? Also I might be pretty new in this place, but you can shoot me a PM whenever you need someone to talk to in private. You really worry me, ya know?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Every so often I feel like just going outside and just, idk. You ever thought "I could get hit by a car if I do this" and then start to actually think about doing it for real. On some days, I wouldnt mind getting hit by a car or killed. There are times when I ride to a friend house on my bike to take care of their dogs that I secretly hope a car just rams into me[/QUOTE]

:( I really hope you don't get hit by a car. If you need to talk you can always message me.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It does? I didnt even notice tbh

Every so often I feel like just going outside and just, idk. You ever thought "I could get hit by a car if I do this" and then start to actually think about doing it for real. On some days, I wouldnt mind getting hit by a car or killed. There are times when I ride to a friend house on my bike to take care of their dogs that I secretly hope a car just rams into me
Do you need someone to talk to?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It does? I didnt even notice tbh

Every so often I feel like just going outside and just, idk. You ever thought "I could get hit by a car if I do this" and then start to actually think about doing it for real. On some days, I wouldnt mind getting hit by a car or killed. There are times when I ride to a friend house on my bike to take care of their dogs that I secretly hope a car just rams into me
It does when enemies score a critical hit, when the heros do, it plays the DQ11 sound effect.

Either that, or I'm hearing it wrong.

Edit: I'm hearing it wrong. False alarm.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Not gonna lie, the fact the new anime seems to be Go based does worry me a bit when looking at the bigger picture. Pokemon Transporter is being replaced by Home (a mobile app), Duel (a gacha mobile game) was replaced by Masters (another gacha mobile game), various other F2P games for 3ds and mobile (like Rumble, Trozei and Magikarp Jump, for example) and even this year's main game is being worked on by GF's b-team, with the main focus being on Little Town Hero.

Feels like TPC is caring less and less about quality in the chase for that sweet mobile cash and the newest anime being based on such a mobil game is the cherry on top for me.
Little Town Hero is not being worked on by their A-Team, it was never stated to be a large project from them and even Toby Fox has said that the team is a small, but passionate group:

It's just another Drill Dozer or Tembo the Badass Elephant, a side project meant to build up their new blood while the larger team keeps working on Pokémon. It's not meant to be their focus and the only reason it's been stated to be as such is people looking for a scapegoat for their frustrations with SwSh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't think it being a Western IP holds Doom Slayer back... I think Doom never quite being popular in Japan is more likely to hold it back. There's still plenty of reason to include Doom in Smash, but that's always been one of the standing issues with Doom Slayer I think.
How popular is Dovahkiin in Japan? Sakurai's already surprised us with picks like:ultjoker:and Terry. Not too out of the question.

Another reason to possibility even expect Chosen Undead as the Namco rep.

D

Deleted member

Its fine, I mostly think it better to kep this stuff to myself most of the time. I think stuff like this all the time.
Well, bottling up emotions, especially ones like this, isn't very healthy, but it's your choice. Just know that a lot of people here are there for you if you need someone, all willing to lend an ear.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Also, are the AMA's no longer pinned to the general discussion forum or are they not there because they're in transition? I know Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku mentioned mine would be going up shortly, but I was interested in seeing the most recent one too haha.
Iirc, they are unpinned after a week, and assuming it's been a while since the last AMA there's nothing really to pin there.

That being said, I decided to round up all the previous AMAs and put em in a little list right here, so you can view em to you heart's content.

anyways, your AMA is pretty much good to go, I'm just waiting for feedback from a mod in terms of pinning it and such. So just hang in there

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ll catch an episode or two of the new anime, don’t know if I like the idea of it being based off the mobile game though.
I mean technically it’s only based on go due to the whole world traveling concept. Which is sort of what go wants people to do, go outside, explore your neighborhood, catch Pokémon, and if you can travel outside of your are able to. If not the. It’s wants you to communicate and send gifts with others worldwide.

With the worldwide aspect being traveling each region in this anime and seeing all the sights they have. I don’t think it’s a bad premise, could be pretty fun

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh. AMAs. Don't think I could ever do a single one of those with the caveat of being completely truthful for many reasons.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've updated my Smash Ultimate Roster depth chart and here's what it looks like:

1569779933993.png
Red is main
Blue is alternate mains
Yellow is counterpicks
Green is "for funsies"

Have 12 characters I thoroughly enjoy playing.

Noipoi

Howdy!
“It has N64 graphics!”

Me, not really caring either way but: “...where?”
People on the internet tend to exaggerate things they dislike.

They can’t just not like it, suddenly it’s the most outrageously offensively detestable piece of media ever to be **** out from Satan’s prolapsed centipede anus.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
If we got a dlc pack of five assist trophy upgrades who would you guys want?
Isaac
Badge Bunny
Ashley
Midna
Spring Man

Ernie the Giant Chicken, so we can get this epic song in Smash.

He'd fight with lots of punches and pecks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
People on the internet tend to exaggerate things they dislike.

They can’t just not like it, suddenly it’s the most outrageously offensively detestable piece of media ever to be **** out from Satan’s prolapsed centipede anus.
Sounds like some Smash fans and Steve :shades::ohwell:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom