• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Are you OK? You can PM me if you want someone to talk.
I appreciate the support and will try to contact you through PMs if this all gets worse somehow.

Right now I'm gonna go tell my mother to just go back home already.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've been using KissAnime with uBlock Origin and Adblock Plus, and it's served me well, but I'm not really upset about it being gone. I already know a handful of other places to watch anime.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That was one of the worst nights I ever had in my entire life and also one of the worst dreams ever.

Good lord.
I'm always happily willing to lend an ear dude. You've got the group chat as well to all lend ears.

But isn’t it said in the Discord message that all copyright owners have claimed the anime? I think this mean that a couple big names found out about this site and started making it take its stuff down, then a ton of other copyright owners saw this and did the same, and Kissanime just decided to shut down entirely since the only anime they had left were really old or really irrelevant.
Unfortunately it also risks them sniffing out and taking down others as well so open season for them. How I got into anime was watching Hyperdimension Neptunia with my friends at lunch on that site so that's why I'm a bit sad.

I've been using KissAnime with uBlock Origin and Adblock Plus, and it's served me well, but I'm not really upset about it being gone. I already know a handful of other places to watch anime.
Still I'm hoping for the Sony buying Crunchyroll and merging with Funimation thing since the former is up for sale apparently.

Regardless of your position it's a sad day for the Internet and us anime fans.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've finally found a way to start making my own videos. Introducing you guys to the fourth season of Lost Tapes!

How much do you make use of Middle East/Slavic legends?

I find East Europe and West Asia myths woefully underepresented in fantasy genre.
As a mythology buff, I do actually have a few premises for creatures of those myths. Ghoul, Roc, and Troll being among those.

I think the problem was I came up with well over 100 of these ideal premises hence why I'm suddenly all fresh out for the time being. You could find them on my DeviantArt account by the name of MikeSpikester11.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same tbh. Like I'll miss it but by default I don't watch much anime(which I'm trying to fix if me asking for reccomendations yesterday wasn't an indication) so I'm only mildly affected.

Although I'm pretty sure VG's first season sub is lost now with the closing of Kissanime, although the JP channel has been uploading the raw footage and I can understand well enough so it's not a big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same tbh. Like I'll miss it but by default I don't watch much anime(which I'm trying to fix if me asking for reccomendations yesterday wasn't an indication) so I'm only mildly affected.

Although I'm pretty sure VG's first season sub is lost now with the closing of Kissanime, although the JP channel has been uploading the raw footage and I can understand well enough so it's not a big deal.
Who needs Kissanime when you have Animedao
Unfortunately it also risks them sniffing out and taking down others as well so open season for the
They better not, I need to simp over Haru and Daisuke in Balance Unlimited and Ill be pissed if I cant finish the anime
0q1N2f8F.jpg

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Who needs Kissanime when you have Animedao

They better not, I need to simp over Haru and Daisuke in Balance Unlimited and Ill be pissed if I cant finish the anime
View attachment 282331
Ah, I used to use Masteranime until that got the takedown. Now I use gogoanime instead (block element with Ublock Origin is really useful here). Still worrying though. I'd dig through what's going on but eh.

Need to get my butt onto it and watch Land of the Lustrous and Spice and Wolf.

How's everyone doing this fine morning?(or night depending on your timezone)
Mid afternoon. Just bought a few things (Mentos, Lucozade and a fudge brownie) so gonna go play Hitman 2 and Sakura Wars for a while.
So I'm good, nothing to look forward to for a few days.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of anime, I think I might try to finally finish up Laid-Back Camp and Konosuba.
Yeah, I don't have time today to watch anything but now I have some stuff to watch thanks to me asking yesterday.

Now that I think about it though I remember how theres supposed to be a new Battle Spirits anime.. wonder how that's going.

D

Deleted member

I was on the main page, which shows how many people are looking at the site,

View attachment 282336
why are there over 500 people without accounts looking at the site? They have to be mostly bots, but why would you make bots to look at Smashboards.com?
I dunno, but it can't be good. If even like 100 of those are bots owned by 1 person and they perform a coordinated attack... well... it wouldn't be pretty that's for sure. It's likely not something we lowly users have to worry about though.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I dunno, but it can't be good. If even like 100 of those are bots owned by 1 person and they perform a coordinated attack... well... it wouldn't be pretty that's for sure. It's likely not something we lowly users have to worry about though.
Still wouldn’t be good.
Can they really do anything without accounts though?

D

Deleted member

Still wouldn’t be good.
Can they really do anything without accounts though?
Haven't caught up with Cybersecurity in awhile but really the big thing is that they can just make accounts en masse and it wouldn't be an issue; the mods wouldn't be able to ban them fast enough, let alone 100-200+ being made at once would likely put a decent strain on the server.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Welp, guess I can't watch anime anymore with Kissanime dead.

I refuse to give money to western streaming services.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Haven't caught up with Cybersecurity in awhile but really the big thing is that they can just make accounts en masse and it wouldn't be an issue; the mods wouldn't be able to ban them fast enough, let alone 100-200+ being made at once would likely put a decent strain on the server.
I see. So the issue would be a ton of lag?
I was thinking they might start spamming in the threads too, but neither would be good.

D

Deleted member

Just came back home.

Hopefully now that I am in a place where I can't get allergic I am able to sleep better and not have nightmares like the ones from last night derived from my cold.

May PM osby and others later when I am more calm.

Dutch Raikuna

And it's a great pfp, my guy.

Rin was definitely my favorite character from the four or five episodes that I've seen.
Probably one of my favourite characters ever. Her personality is pretty relatable.

Just came back home.

Hopefully now that I am in a place where I can't get allergic I am able to sleep better and not have nightmares like the ones from last night derived from my cold.

May PM osby and others later when I am more calm.
I won't be going anywhere amigo. Just to the PS4 and back tonight.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
It's generally accepted that there are much more lurkers than there are actual users (in pretty much any social platform). 5:1 seems a bit high, but there can be innocent bots in there; I'm not sure why you would want to web scrape this site but there might be a niche use case I can't think of.

But regardless 500 users isn't nearly enough for a DDoS, and if that's what they were doing you wouldn't see them before they made the account.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
There's this artist who came up to me today and asked if I wanted to voice one of his character's for a small video. His stuff is real good, so I said yeah.

I love how every screaming line is just listed as "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"in the script.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Keep getting this stupid pop up ad about updating that is obviously a scam.

Can't even report it without getting it.

When all I want to do is continue complaining why I dislike Perfect Dark Zero.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just found out that Magcargo has a BST of 430. For reference, Dartrix, a stage 1 pokemon in a three stage line, has a BST that's only ten points lower.

this thing really needs an evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom