• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don’t like that sentiment. Spoiler because this is a pretty dark example but I feel it proves my point
”She chose to submit to me instead of fight back, therefore it was her choice and absolutely was consensual.”
You see what I mean? Just because you’re put into circumstances in where you can’t really do anything doesn’t mean it was your choice to do whatever you did.
...I'm fairly certain that's not the kind of journey Oak is talking about, snow.

D

Deleted member

sucks that it only ever appears during the dark hour
Do you mean as in story, or difficultly? because iirc you would be just off the high tails of your failure to protect Azteca and on the way to confront Morganthe in Khrysalis at the very earliest time you can start the quest line.

Last edited by a moderator:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
...I'm fairly certain that's not the kind of journey Oak is talking about, snow.
I wasn’t referring to what Oak said in that comparison. I was referring to what you said.
Do you mean as in story, or difficultly? because iirc you would be just off the high tails of your failure to protect Azteca and on the way to confront Morganthe in Khrysalis at the very earliest time you can start the quest line.
I’m sorry, I was, uh
I was making a Persona joke.
I don’t know anything about Wizard101.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
It's not the kind of journey I was talking about either, snow.

Go talk that talk to the serious discussion forum. Not with me.
You weren’t talking about a journey. You said a choice is a choice no matter the circumstances. To prove how idiotic that statement is, I gave an example which 100% falls under what you said.
Also, there’s a serious discussion forum?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Clearly what I said was misread and this topic just needs to end. Fair enough.
Okay, I’m fine with ending the discussion, but...
A choice is a choice regardless of the circumstances.
Misread? Really?

I guess I just skipped over the mention of a journey.

But whatever. How’s everybody’s day?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I guess I just skipped over the mention of a journey.
Okay, I'm just gonna reiterate what I was saying so that this is put down without confusion.

My quote there was specifically regarding Oak's quote. Not ****, or other real world horrors. When it comes to Oak's quote, I believe that its not suppose to be read in that wide of a general area.

I didn't believe that I needed to be more specific, but hey, that's why I flunked English, lmao

Edit: Slowly but surely realizing that I need to just stop talking.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Okay, I'm just gonna reiterate what I was saying so that this is put down without confusion.

My quote there was specifically regarding Oak's quote. Not ****, or other real world horrors. When it comes to Oak's quote, I believe that its not suppose to be read in that wide of a general area.

I didn't believe that I needed to be more specific, but hey, that's why I flunked English, lmao
I never thought that it was specifically regarding ****. I thought it was regarding everything, because it was said without even a single mention of video games, or any form of media.
That’s why I saw it as a general belief. Especially because you didn’t even mention any form of media until right about now. You could’ve said in your first reply that I misunderstood.
Edit: Slowly but surely realizing that I need to just stop talking.
K 👍

D

Deleted member

Phantom Blaster Overlord... man needing to have the OG Phantom Blaster in soul sucks but at least the support is looking like it's amending that problem by straight up riding OG from deck.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

full schedule for DC Fandome next week

gonna be some excellent **** from DC

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I really hate hot weather. Well hot by someone living in the UK. It's only 20C/70F.

Worst thing is playing the PS4 and the room gets hot and sticky. Even worse when you can't ventilate your room well.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
US: Paper Mario: The Origami King sets new launch month record for franchise, beats Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Dang, I knew it'd do well, but not this well.

I'm fine with it. They're improving with this new direction with each game, and it's pretty much a different series now, so there isn't much point in comparing it to the old days. This pretty much makes it clear to me that TTYD is pretty much gonna be forever gone, and I'm fine with that. Games like Bug Fables will carry that torch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

US: Paper Mario: The Origami King sets new launch month record for franchise, beats Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Dang, I knew it'd do well, but not this well.

I'm fine with it. They're improving with this new direction with each game, and it's pretty much a different series now, so there isn't much point in comparing it to the old days. This pretty much makes it clear to me that TTYD is pretty much gonna be forever gone, and I'm fine with that. Game's like Bug Fables will carry that torch.
Hot take, but I kinda like the direction they're going in. Don't get me wrong TTYD and 64 are really good but the wacky and downright weird stuff they're doing with the newer games is more my style than the overarching, sometimes dark stories of 64 and TTYD. Of course there is still tons of improvements they can make(I'm fine with non-traditional battle systems as long as you have an actual reason to do them) but as Origami King has shown they're going in the right direction... just slowly.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hot take, but I kinda like the direction they're going in. Don't get me wrong TTYD and 64 are really good but the wacky and downright weird stuff they're doing with the newer games is more my style than the overarching, sometimes dark stories of 64 and TTYD. Of course there is still tons of improvements they can make(I'm fine with non-traditional battle systems as long as you have an actual reason to do them) but as Origami King has shown they're going in the right direction... just slowly.
TTYD will always be the best in my heart, but yeah, what tiny little bit I've played of OK is rad. I'm gonna start it back up today and play through it fully.

Only gripe I have is the weird mandates on character designs. If they mixed in the 'ol SPM weirdness with what we have now? I'd say the series would be right back to where it needs to be. I've always been a firm believer that the problem was never that the new direction isn't an RPG, it's that it lacked the same creativity the original 3 had. OK is so, so close to reclaiming that long lost glory, I have pretty high hopes for the future.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Thousand Year Door had the best battle system.

Super Paper Mario will always be my favorite on every other aspect, except for partner characters since Pixls didn't talk very often (every partner from the previous two PM games should've gotten a cameo appearance and dialogue in SPM, let's be real).

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well, my fanfic that touches upon mental health and depression is now on AO3. It's posted.

I'm hoping I portrayed mental health appropriately and well. I'm really scared that it could lead someone astray. The goal is to encourage others, knowing that there is hope, while also analyzing the various symptoms of depression.

It's an important topic to discuss, but it's so hard. It's very serious and I'm nervous about it.

Edit: Ok I'll post the link if anybody wants to read it

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
IMO, TTYD had the best battles, Super has the best story, Origami Ling has the best exploration, and Color Splash is by far the funniest (maybe a little too much because at some times they didn't know when to stop). 64 was a mixture of all that, in a way, it's the "jack of all trades but master of none" game in the series.

And Sticker Star is a thing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't really mind the RPG battle system being gone (even if they insist on doing a variation of an RPG-style battle system despite not being an RPG anymore), though it does suck it'll probably never come back, especially if Nintendo just lets M&L stay dead in the water. I just wish they would stop with their big-time paranoia and hypocrisy telling the PM devs to not use age/gender (so no individuals among a character species anymore, just different outfits and dialogue, though at least Bobby was done well), and to not make any unique characters be able to appear in future games. It's ridiculous and doesn't even make sense with the "consistency/protect the brand" reason since they break it themselves.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Were people really expecting Origami King to do bad? When
1. It's a quarantine game that's good at killing time
2. It's the first good Paper Mario game we had in nearly a decade (Color Splash was alright) and
3. It's a Switch game that came out during a drought of Switch games
This is cheating. Why was this the game that had everything external going for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom