• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
x'D Ok, just now, twice I have gotten pretty funny US product commercials/ads on TV. One was about a hose, and the other one about an automatized litter-box. They said stuff almost at the end like:

"Compared to the SilverBullet, the old hose is a pain in the....grass."

"...And gets a completely clean litter for every time you cat needs to shi-*Gets a plush thrown at her and then catches a cat*"
In all honesty I am a bit nervous to post it here.
Nah it’s not creepy or anything. Just a bit nervous of being ridiculed. I’ll PM it to you later. I would PM it to Andrea too but I can’t due to the privacy settings.
Hm, let me send you a PM myself. Before a certain incident, I didn't had the privacy settings as extreme as of now, but, I think you sent me a PM before so you could use that one, if you want.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
x'D Ok, just now, twice I have gotten pretty funny US product commercials/ads on TV. One was about a hose, and the other one about an automatized litter-box. They said stuff almost at the end like:

"...And gets a completely clean litter for every time you cat needs to shi-*Gets a plush thrown at her and then catches a cat*"

Hm, let me send you a PM myself. Before a certain incident, I didn't had the privacy settings as extreme as of now, but, I think you sent me a PM before so you could use that one, if you want.
Just checked, and I did. I’ll PM you the info there then.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Probably a bad thing since the thief wasn't interested in the Xbox stuff lmao!
I get we're in crazy times and all, but it's quite a shock at how the person wasn't that desperate to get some games
Boring games on Xbox, or potentially censored games on Playstation. Truly the toughest choice.
Nintendo...only solution

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I found out that Xenoblade 1 reached the top of the charts week 1 in the UK.

Xenoblade UK Sales

I know, I know it only just released but **** yes!

"Oh its not gonna sell well, only FF and Pokemon get in the charts" Anti JRPG fans would say.

Well you are wrong!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Xenoblade UK Sales

"Oh its not gonna sell well, only FF and Pokemon get in the charts" Anti JRPG fans would say.

Well you are wrong!
well thanks to the powers of Nintendo, this was mo surprise

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Xenoblade UK Sales

Well you are wrong!
All because they put "Jenna Coleman's the best character" on the back of the box

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Seriously think that Microsoft and Nintendo entering a joint agreement to have each others games and architecture used across their systems would be incredibly mutually beneficial. Damn would it be pro consumer as well.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looking at the news, I’m just saying the government should ha e used Nord VPN and this could have been avoided

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Looking at the news, I’m just saying the government should ha e used Nord VPN and this could have been avoided
and maybe played Raid Shadow Legends which is an immersive online experience with everything you'd expect from a brand new RPG title. It's got an amazing storyline, awesome 3D graphics, giant boss fights, PVP battles, and hundreds of never before seen champions to colle-

ok fine ill stop

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I’m interested to see what the MCU will do with their regained properties. Even the worst marvel movies are still enjoyable to watch. I’m just interested in the angle they take.

I really thought they were gonna go with the altering history angle in endgame, even if it was an accident. Because that way they could write off mutants existing now as just something that happened when they changed history.
I'm interested to see where they will take the Fantastic Four since Marvel Studios had regained the rights to them and hopefully it will be miles better than what Josh Trank's version had produced.

D

Deleted member

I'm interested to see where they will take the Fantastic Four since Marvel Studios had regained the rights to them and hopefully it will be miles better than what Josh Trank's version had produced.
I keep hoping they cast Emily Blunt and John Krasinski as the Invisible Woman and Mr.Fantastic respectively.

And after finally watching Scott Pilgrimm vs The World I seriously want Michael Cera as the Human Torch just so this scene becomes even more relevant:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay, so I've already wrapped up my day in Animal Crossing. There really wasn't much to do today because the residents area is closed.

BUT the good news is that my very first art piece has been donated at the museum. So now that's a thing.

Edit: I MIGHT time skip. Because I'm not really done. But question; if you time skip, then set your time back after your done, does it affect anything in game other than progressing to the next day?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bonus points if it has nothing to do with Smash and is just Sakurai talking about how much he loves his wife and cat.
I would unironically love to see Sakurai recordings a tour of his house.

Hopefully with him showing the cat too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Xenoblade UK Sales

Well you are wrong!
Well yeah, idk what people expected when that's like the only big game to come out in like 2 months lol.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
But nothing not even Dark Phoenix compares to the likes of Cats, an example of an movie you don't need to see to know its bad.
A film that me and my sister regret watching last year and wished that we switched to different film.

I keep hoping they cast Emily Blunt and John Krasinski as the Invisible Woman and Mr.Fantastic respectively.

And after finally watching Scott Pilgrimm vs The World I seriously want Michael Cera as the Human Torch just so this scene becomes even more relevant:

Emily Blunt and John Krasinski have appeared on many fans choice to be Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic which I don't mind personally.

Either ways, I do hope we get to learn more Phase 4 information hopefully within the Comic-con at Home event (that is if Marvel Studios is planning to have an online panel there.)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Made some grilled cheese with tomato sauce on the side. After I'm done, I gotta do some household chores.

I'm... starting to wake up from all of the exhaustion that I've been through. I think if I move around more, I'll wake my body up more.

D

Deleted member

It’s funny because no-no word.

You should laugh because this advertisement is very funny and very clever and not in anyway unfunny.

AndreaAC

It’s funny because no-no word.

You should laugh because this advertisement is very funny and very clever and not in anyway unfunny.
xD I know it's because of that, but it's the first time I have seen something like that in the US. I just got right the moment they said that, that is why they caught me off guard.

I mean, I watch streams done by a British guy that doesn't hold any of the swearing he says and I find it even funnier. And Mexican swearing is also hilarious when used right.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hell's Kitchen Season 6 was some real heat anime. All the plot twists. All the ankle brakes.

Future Dave-Han.png
THE ONE ARMED BANDIT!

D

Deleted member

xD I know it's because of that, but it's the first time I have seen something like that in the US. I just got right the moment they said that, that is why they caught me off guard.

I mean, I watch streams done by a British guy that doesn't hold any of the swearing he says and I find it even funnier. And Mexican swearing is also hilarious when used right.
To be honest, I don’t exactly get why it’s humorous. lol If it’s in an ad of all things it makes you look unprofessional y’know?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

To be honest, I don’t exactly get why it’s humorous. lol If it’s in an ad of all things it makes you look unprofessional y’know?
xD Oh, for those sort of ads? Yeah, I get what you mean. I was not expecting that sort of stuff in a US commercial of all things. Specially not for a hose and a litter-box, but there's a first time for everything.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bonus points if it has nothing to do with Smash and is just Sakurai talking about how much he loves his wife and cat.
Sakurai does a house tour and his door bell rings:

Sakurai Answers:

Sakurai: “Holy crap Michiko it’s Master Chief!”
*sitcom clapping track plays

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was looking up Switch Pro Controller skins on Google images and this Etsy item was in the sponsored section along with other skins:

1590958406039.png

*insert switchblade joke here*

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hell's Kitchen Season 6 was some real heat anime. All the plot twists. All the ankle brakes.

View attachment 273356 THE ONE ARMED BANDIT!
Ah I see someone who enjoys rantings of Gordon Ramsay.
I'll admit its way too "made for TV" but that ain't the point.

If I remember correctly, the UK's a typically Sony oriented region so Nintendo doing well is noteworthy
Pretty much. Its a sales chart dominated usually by COD, Fifa and GTA, so its a bit refreshing to see regardless.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai does a house tour and his door bell rings:

Sakurai Answers:

Sakurai: “Holy crap Michiko it’s Master Chief!”
*sitcom clapping track plays
Holy frick, imagine if there was a Super Smash Brothers Super Show and the live-action segmenta were starred by Sakurai with other popular developers as guests.

Sakurai: "Hey Kamiya! Nice to see you passing by! What are ya doin'?"

Kamiya: "I was getting myself prepared to block you IRL"

*Sitcom laugh*

Sakurai: "....oh"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom