• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah, I remember the day I turned 18.

I forgot I turned 18 at all, honestly.
Same. I forget mine. I do remember 21 though surprisingly. It consisted of a sushi restaurant with family and a several close friends and lots of sake.

I’m quite amazing that this year, I never received a birthday present or congrats. I kind of engineered that on my own though.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey all. How are you all doing this morning, eh? Haven't been as active as of late due to being busy in life but next few days expect to see me here more often given the crummy weather.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Before class we were kidding around with the professor because so many people there had birthdays and I said that with that many people we had to sing the song.

And then the professor said to my face, “your probably gonna day how much you hate it and don’t know why people like it, or how much you love it and everyone else hates it”.

This professor has had me for multiple different classes. She says she likes having me there because I “bring up different viewpoints in discussion”.

This was real life. She said that to my face and laughed like it was a joke.

Like, I’m simultaneously mad and upset at both her and myself. This wasn’t online. This was real life. And THAT is her perception of me.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Was watching a scene from King of the Monsters on Youtube where Godzilla is picked up by Ghidorah and is strangled, also carried VERY HIGH above the thunderstorms and becomes a ball of fire after being dropped, upon hitting the ground causing a shock wave just scares me... Imagine that same thing happening to you. (You are the same size as Godzilla himself.)
"You get picked up by the Golden Demon, Ghidorah as he goes higher and higher with his middle head strangling your neck tighter and harder as you try to get free with one last dying breath becoming unconscious from Ghidorah's strangulation. Ghidorah who is VERY. VERY HIGH above the thundering skies drops your lifeless body as you become a giant ball of fire falling from a great height, said body of yours hits the ground SO. HARD. That it creates a large shock wave as your parents, siblings, pets, cousins, grandparents and friends witness and watch in horror and despair....."
This would be terrifying to me.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Was watching a scene from King of the Monsters where Godzilla is picked up by Ghidorah and is strangled, also carried VERY HIGH above the thunderstorms and becomes a ball of fire after being dropped, upon hitting the ground causing a shock wave just scares me... Imagine that same thing happening to you. (You are the same size as Godzilla himself.)
"You get picked up by the Golden Demon, Ghidorah as he goes higher and higher with his middle head strangling your neck tighter and harder as you try to get free with you becoming unconscious from Ghidorah's strangulation. Ghidorah who is above the thundering skies drops your lifeless body as you become a ball of fire falling from a great height, said body of yours hits the ground SO. HARD. That it creates a large shock wave as your parents, siblings, pets, cousins, grandparents and friends witness and watch in horror and despair....."
This would be terrifying to me.
Aw yeah. Someone else that's watched the movie.

Any chance you've seen the other two and gonna go see Godzilla vs. Kong? Are you also a kaiju fan?

D

Deleted member

Before class we were kidding around with the professor because so many people there had birthdays and I said that with that many people we had to sing the song.

And then the professor said to my face, “your probably gonna day how much you hate it and don’t know why people like it, or how much you love it and everyone else hates it”.

This professor has had me for multiple different classes. She says she likes having me there because I “bring up different viewpoints in discussion”.

This was real life. She said that to my face and laughed like it was a joke.

Like, I’m simultaneously mad and upset at both her and myself. This wasn’t online. This was real life. And THAT is her perception of me.
Some would take that as a compliment. If you bring up different viewpoints, you encourage discussion and analysis.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Aw yeah. Someone else that's watched the movie.

Any chance you've seen the other two and gonna go see Godzilla vs. Kong? Are you also a kaiju fan?
Yup! (Anguirus is my favourite with Big G himself!) Alreadly seen Godzilla 2014, haven't seen KOTM but might watch Godzilla V.S Kong when it comes out next year. (Hope my boy Anguirus is in. the creator said that his skeleton hinted his future appearance in God VS Kong.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yup! (Anguirus is my favourite with Big G himself!) Alreadly seen Godzilla 2014, haven't seen KOTM but might watch Godzilla V.S Kong when it comes out next year. (Hope my boy Anguirus is in. the creator said that his skeleton hinted his future appearance in God VS Kong.)
Anyone that's a Godzilla and kaiju fan is a friend of mine. ^_^

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No, I haven't. Not sure I will, as King Of Monsters kinda fell flat for me. I may though.
If I had to be honest. I'd really only recommend Godzilla: King of the Monsters for hardcore fans of the kaiju genre and Godzilla otherwise you really won't get much from the story and characters. Bias being a Godzilla fanboy myself plays a part in why I love this movie so much especially given the monster action.

It even made me appreciate Godzilla (2014) more. As what Alien (1979) is to that film is what Aliens (1986) is to this one.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thanks! ^_^
Here's a fan art of Clover and Rhedosaurus:

I swear Clover looks freaking adorable and so floofy.
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. Classic film. Seen Cloverfield really solid film and one of the better found-footage films alongside The Tunnel, Exists (2014), As Above, So Below and Trollhunter

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Seen the other two films?

If so out of the three which do you like best?
I know you didn't ask me, but I'm popping in to answer anyway haha.

I loved all 3 movies first of all. I would say Kong: Skull Island was the best film; as in plot, writing, characters, balanve between action and dialogue, but I had the most fun watching King of the Monsters.

I'm certainly excited for Godzilla vs King Kong.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys wanna hear my ted talk to why spirits may have a chance for dlc?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some would take that as a compliment. If you bring up different viewpoints, you encourage discussion and analysis.
That’s what my mom said too. I don’t know.

I just don’t want people to dislike me or think I’m annoying.

Sure.

I agree with you btw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it going to be that since they were selected with the Fighter Pass in mind, after the Fighter Pass everything is fair game? I kinda doubt it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Godzilla (2014): Disaster
Kong: Skull Island (2017): Adventure
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019): Sci-Fi
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020): Fantasy

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's weird that despite being based on Pokémon Go, the professor from the new anime series isn't based on Professor Willow.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
oh and by the way, Im thinking about getting my account deleted sometime soon or in the future. There is no reason for me to be here at all and constantly being ignored here hurts so Im thinking I might as well leave

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's weird that despite being based on Pokémon Go, the professor from the new anime series isn't based on Professor Willow.
I think they’re trying hard to appeal to a new audience by

1. Basing it off Pokemon Go (one of the most successful Pokémon related things in recent history)
2. Having it take place in every region
3. Introducing a **** ton of new characters

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
oh and by the way, Im thinking about getting my account deleted sometime soon or in the future. There is no reason for me to be here at all and constantly being ignored here hurts so Im thinking I might as well leave
I've always enjoyed your presence, but I don't blame you if you want to delete.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Sorry you feel this way. If I ignore you it's never on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom