• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

🍆“And zap! You’re an eggplant now” Eggplant Wizard for Smash!!!🍆

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Eggplant Wizard curses the competition!
3AF2A581-0925-448D-AF06-2E3ACC6277F4.jpeg

🍆 Eggplant Wizard, eh?! 🍆

Yes, that’s right! A very popular enemy from the Kid Icarus series, who’s infamously known for turning the playable character (Pit) into an Eggplant (yes, that’s right) by launching eggplant projectiles at him, making Pit unable to attack and defend himself.
1597843624279.gif

He has appeared in all the Kid Icarus entries, and is arguably the most iconic enemy from the series, along with the Grim Reaper.

84569867-24B8-4100-92E3-2D35D504DF51.png

He was also a recurring villain in the Saturday morning Cartoon series Captain N. A show that was basically made to promote/advertise the NES.
3777BDBD-04A6-478E-9B59-E10E7AE94B7E.jpeg

In the series, he and King Hippo are henchmen of Mother Brain, and their objective was to execute Captain N and his friends (which included questionable adaptations of Pit, Megaman and Simon Belmont) in order to get their master, Mother Brain, to be the ruler of Videoland (the friendly world of video games where Captain N and his friends lived).

CF38ABEF-3646-47BE-93C7-B38F7980DA10.jpeg

🍆 So he can turn people into an eggplant... and??

Well you kinda got me there. Although I‘m sure Sakurai can come up with a lot of creative liberties for this character. Maybe he could spawn some vegetable minions (the Eggplant men from Wrecking Crew, for example), or just simply throw all kind off vegetables at the opponents.
Also, I do believe there are some things Sakurai could adapt from the Captain N version of Eggplant Wizard.
08C30910-4A12-45F0-A17B-4D5052B584BE.jpeg

For example, I remember every time the Wizard got comically hurt, random fruit and vegetables would pop right out of him. Maybe that could occasionally happen to him when he gets seriously damaged, and the fruit/vegetables would heal whoever gets them.

How would the process of turning someone into an 🍆 even work in Smash???

First off, I’m sure something like that would be most fitting as his Final Smash.
Secondly, there’s as Assist Trophy (Vince from Art Academy) who gets the opponents covered by random objects which he paints, thus making them slowly taking damage. Well, my idea was to base around that concept for the Wizard’s FS, and make them covered by an image of an eggplant, but unlike Vince, instead of having them getting slowly damaged, they’d be unable to attack (just like in the Kid Icarus games), thus being only restricted to running away from your attacks. I believe this effect should take around 10-15 seconds.

But wouldn’t Medusa make more sense as a playable villain from the Kid Icarus series??🍆

Well that’s true, however I’m sure Eggplant Wizard‘s inclusion would be more than just serving the role of being a villain from its respective series, he could also be seen as an peculiar/retro character like Mr Game & Watch and R.O.B. were. Besides seeing as how Sakurai has a passionate love for the Kid Icarus series and how common enemies are now allowed in Smash, thanks to:ultpiranha:, I definitely think the Eggplant Wizard is a plausible candidate. If not for Ultimate, maybe for the next entry in the Smash Brothers series.
F725DA73-B74D-4CA3-BE86-8120F4A2D0E1.jpeg

🍆Supporters: 🍆
Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I've considered making this topic myself at times.

Put me down as a supporter.

It's also worth noting that Sakurai and Miyamoto have both mentioned that the character is one of the key factors in the popularity of Kid Icarus.

As for how his Eggplant Move would work...

I picture him as having a short ranged magic attack that works similar to how Yoshi traps people in eggs as well as a longer range attack when he just shoots eggplants at people.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I don't think he makes it as a full playable character, but as an Assist Trophy, or as a costume if they add a Mii Mage? Absolutely.
I'd be fine with an assist trophy or a Mii costume.

Doesn't mean I don't want him to be playable, but at least it's something.

(Also, Frankly, I'd prefer the Captain N design over the actual one, but I'll take what i can get.)

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
1612925086909.jpeg

Wonder why they chose Dark Pit to represent the Wizard for his spirit battle, anyway. I’d say someone like King Dedede would’ve been far more fitting for the role.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
So today I found out that someone took their time to make a custom Eggplant Wizard amiibo, which I thought was really neat for what it is.
1616850678323.jpeg

Shame there’s no 🍆 attached to the top of “his” staff

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Beware the Mighty Eggplant Wizard!

View attachment 310180
Honestly this makes me want Eggplant Wizard to be some sort of homage to vegetables in Nintendo games, as farfetched as that may sound.
Like maybe have him occasionally dropping veggetables from the Ice Climbers and Kirby’s tomato when he gets randomly damaged, have the vegetables from Super Mario Bros 2 as projectiles (but used in a slightly different way than Peach’s/Daisy’s down B) and have him summon the Eggplant men from Wrecking Crew to aid him in battle for one of his specials (as I mentioned in the thread’s op).

Top Bottom