• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(黒の魔女 シア) Black Witch, Cia! The Warriors' Foe!

Who would "Shia" most likley be a last-minute semi-clone of, if Sakurai decided to add her this way?

• Total voters

andimidna

Smash Master
The Mysterious Cia... a possibility?

Cia is the main antagonist of the next Zelda game, the spinoff of Dynasty Warriors, Hyrule Warriors.

[collapse=Hyrule Warriors]
"The delicate balance of the Triforce has been disrupted, and Hyrule Kingdom is once again being torn apart by a dark power, this time lead by Sorceress Cia. Now it’s up to the legendary hero Link to face hordes of enemies and find the missing Princess Zelda. Advance the story to unlock new playable characters with unique moves and weapon types. Collect Rupees and other useful items to upgrade weapons and craft badges, which you can use to bolster each warrior’s abilities. Then unleash the full power of your attacks with intense combos to clear wave after wave of Bokoblin hordes. You’ll have to get your gloves dirty to save Hyrule this time."[/collapse]

"Cia, The Black Witch; An evil witch, who had her good soul chased out of her by dark forces. She has a strong sense of self, clearly states her desires, and a provocative and aggressive personality. She wants to make the whole world hers, but especially she wants to make Link hers."

"In this universe, the Tri-Force was protected by the Witch Cia. However, the peace granted by its powers ended when Cia fell in love with Link and became jealous of Princess Zelda. Scorned by their honest intimacy for one another, Cia could no longer tolerate her seething rage and unleashed the ancient evils which were sealed away. Link's quest is to rescue Zelda and Hyrule from Cia's seemingly endless army."
A moveset will be made once we have information on Cia regarding how she fights, but for now, we have nothing except pictures. But in those pictures, we see she has some sort of magic staff/scepter with a top that looks to be made of purple crystals.

IS SHE LIKELY?
I'll be honest. Not at all. Cia will likely be considered a Nintendo character just as Vaati was, but the difference now is that she's the villain of a spinoff. Even if she will be considered 100% Nintendo and Legend of Zelda, Hyrule Warriors will be releasing around the release of Smash Bros 3ds, and it won't be as major as other Zelda games happening later and those that have just happened in 2013-2011. There are too many other Zelda characters to pull from, and she won't have significant popularity until after this game releases, unlike a remake, where it's characters are already known. She was probably revealed too late to become a playable character, but it isn't impossible that she could get a role some other way. If Roy could be a playable character in Melee, Cia could be an Assist Trophy in Smash Bros for Wii U. And I'd honestly call a Shia trophy very likely.

[collapse=moveset concept by Spoon300]​
Intro: Cia steps from a Portal of Darkness

Notable Palette Swaps: Her Gaurdian of Time Outfit, Without her Mask, Without both her Mask and Hat

Basic Attacks: one part Krystal (Her rod), one part Chun-Li (Kicking)

Smash Moves:
Forward+A: She uses her Rod like a Baseball Bat
Up+A: Dark Storm
Down+A: Her Whip Rod

Noteworthy Grabs:
Down+Throw: Spin Kick of Darkness
Up+Throw: Zelda, with a Darkness effect

Special Moves:

B : Shadow Barrier - Four Magic Circles shoot lasers at the enemy in front of Cia
B + Forwards : A Shadow Link appears in a Dash attack
B + Up : She uses the Dark Whip of her Rod to Clutch Herself to Safety
B + Down : Dark Pillars - Self Explainatory

Final Smash: Dark Slash - She sends Four Dark Links to Slash any nearby Smashers, Cia Finishes it off with Erupting Dark Pillars, and Plenty of 'Em

Icon: The Triforce

Kirby Hat: Cia's Mask
[/collapse]

Show some love for the game and the witch below!

k these needs to get gud but I'll try​

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Show some love for the game and the witch below!​
The game isn't even out yet.

As far as we know it makes Batman: Dark Tomorrow, Superman 64, E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial, Pac-Man (Atari 2600), and Big Riggs Racing look like a masterpiece.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, Shia does look cool. At the very least, Nintendo isn't afraid of sexualization of characters.

But yeah, she'll probably be a sticker at best.

andimidna

Smash Master
The game isn't even out yet.

As far as we know it makes Batman: Dark Tomorrow, Superman 64, E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial, Pac-Man 2, and Big Riggs Racing look like a masterpiece.
So I guess we should all stop talking about Smash 4, it's not out yet.
Saying "it looks cool" is showing love for the game. And even though Smash 4 isn't out yet, I'm still excited to play as the newcomers added so far, and call them good additions, even though I haven't played as them yet. It's really no different, and there's no point of you fixating on that one sentence, when it was outside of the main part of the post.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All I can say to this thread is "why?"
Because she's the new Ghirahim :troll:

Her full appearance is here @ andimidna andimidna . She does seem pretty cool (even better than most Zelda villains by far), but I don't see why should she have superiority over characters like Impa or Tingle who are far more important? If anything, she's the new Zant/Ghirahim that is waiting to be hijacked by Ganon in her own game.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
So I guess we should all stop talking about Smash 4, it's not out yet.
Saying "it looks cool" is showing love for the game. And even though Smash 4 isn't out yet, I'm still excited to play as the newcomers added so far, and call them good additions, even though I haven't played as them yet. It's really no different, and there's no point of you fixating on that one sentence, when it was outside of the main part of the post.
No, but supporting a character from a game that isn't out yet is pretty crazy.

brb kingdom hearts 3 support thread

andimidna

Smash Master
Because she's the new Ghirahim :troll:

Her full appearance is here @ andimidna andimidna . She does seem pretty cool (even better than most Zelda villains by far), but I don't see why should she have superiority over characters like Impa or Tingle who are far more important? If anything, she's the new Zant/Ghirahim that is waiting to be hijacked by Ganon in her own game.
Thank you!
This is the type of post I've been looking for. Information is coming fast, and it's hard to find sometimes.
This was very helpful :)

And of course she won't take priority, this is just for fun. I honestly think she'll be getting a trophy though.

And it's looking like Ganon might be behind her, but I'm not 100% on that. Still trying to find the text in this picture translated.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Last minute Medusa clone, OBVIOUSLY.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are boobs the main reason for this thread?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's obvious diversity isn't the purpose of this thread if the poll asks who she'd be the semi-clone of if she got in.
Mostly due to the fact that she's a relatively TOO NEW new character that might be cloned like Roy in order to join the roster IF there is no DLC. The closest character I see her being a clone of is Zelda anyway.

andimidna

Smash Master
Looks like Zeldapedia has some info I hadn't seen before.
"Shia, the Black Witch, is the primary antagonist of Hyrule Warriors."
I'll be changing the title from Dark Witch to Black Witch.

"In this universe, the Tri-Force was protected by the Witch Shia. However, the peace granted by its powers ended when Shia fell in love with Link and became jealous of Princess Zelda. Scorned by their honest intimacy for one another, Shia could no longer tolerate her seething rage and unleashed the ancient evils which were sealed away. Link's quest is to rescue Zelda and Hyrule from Shia's seemingly endless army."

Not a huge fan of this "love plot"... but it could be good if done right.

We also get full pictures and names of her minions and their titles.
Wizuro- The Magician of Darkness-

Varugo- The Scorching Berserker-

It's obvious diversity isn't the purpose of this thread if the poll asks who she'd be the semi-clone of if she got in.
I said:
if Sakurai decided to add her this way?
It's a "what if" question.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"In this universe, the Tri-Force was protected by the Witch Shia. However, the peace granted by its powers ended when Shia fell in love with Link and became jealous of Princess Zelda. Scorned by their honest intimacy for one another, Shia could no longer tolerate her seething rage and unleashed the ancient evils which were sealed away. Link's quest is to rescue Zelda and Hyrule from Shia's seemingly endless army."

We also get full pictures and names of her minions and their titles.
Wizuro- The Magician of Darkness-

Varugo- The Scorching Berserker-

It's a "what if" question.
Shiia x Link is my new OTP thanks to the plot's translations. <3

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Nintendo...

Tread lightly...

This could be either REALLY good or REALLY bad...

andimidna

Smash Master
"Link, I'm pregnant

And Ganondorf's the father."
I sure wouldn't mind a plot twist.
The story so far is full of cliches...
(the villain once was good, but got jealous when the guy she's in love with falls in love with falls in love with either someone far above or below them, and turns evil, and with all her power becomes easily corrupted, and the princess gets captured/kidnapped...)

But I doubt we have the main portion of the full story yet. I'm still hopeful, I think it will be a great game, but not every decision so far has been perfect

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Guys, really? I know she looks cool, but you don't even know if you like her yet. I fail to understand how you could want a character that:

A) You don't know what it does.

B) You don't know if you will like in her own game.

C) Fails to even come close to being as important or otherwise noteworthy as many other Zelda characters that have been neglected until now.

I will say, however, that this news MIGHT actually impact Smash Bros., just not for Shia. It probably boosts Impa's chances.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys, really? I know she looks cool, but you don't even know if you like her yet. I fail to understand how you could want a character that:

C) Fails to even come close to being as important or otherwise noteworthy as many other Zelda characters that have been neglected until now.
She's jealous of preggers Zelda.

That's more character development than Link got.

#CutLink #SorryNotSorry

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As I alluded to earlier.... not my favorite pair of staff wielding, dark magic using bewbs, but I can dig it.

andimidna

Smash Master

I will say, however, that this news MIGHT actually impact Smash Bros., just not for Shia. It probably boosts Impa's chances.
Yea, of course I'm not attached to Shia at all, I just wanted info about her in one place. It was originally going to be made to move Hyrule Warriors discussion away from an E3 thread, but there was already a thread for general discussion of the game, regardless, I decided I still wanted to make the character thread, I think she looks like an interesting character, that despite being impossible. I'll support in the future, and edit in all the info I can find as it comes out. And not wait till later when either somebody else could have made a thread, or I'd have forgotten information or wouldn't be able to find certain pictures. At this point I'm just waiting to hear more about her. And when I do, I'll update.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
It's as if Team Ninja worked on the game! Hahaha!

Haha...

Oh...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I find it hilarious that these fools think that Nintendo is "family unfriendly" just because of the inclusion of breasts in Hyrule Warriors. It's been done PLENTY of times in many Nintendo IP's already (Mario, Jam With The Band, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, ect.).

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I find it hilarious that these fools think that Nintendo is "family unfriendly" just because of the inclusion of breasts in Hyrule Warriors.
I would find it more hilarious if that boobage was realistic, and if she had a wardrobe malfunction.

After all, there is no way that type of clothing won't lead to a wardrobe malfunction.

IronFish

Smash Ace

I find it hilarious that these fools think that Nintendo is "family unfriendly" just because of the inclusion of breasts in Hyrule Warriors. It's been done PLENTY of times in many Nintendo IP's already (Mario, Jam With The Band, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, ect.).
you are forgetting the biggest one: Fire Emblem

Also her design look familiar to anyone?

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace

& thousands of Hylian knights are gonna die for this cause. Apparently no one told Shia she could just join the harem.

Top Bottom