• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hmm, curious, an additional Daily Demon done earlier than usual:
It would appear that 2 AM PST and 8 PM PST are the new times for the daily demons, so now we have 2 demons a day.
I suppose this makes them twice-daily demons... doesn't roll off the tongue as well I must say lol.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hmm, curious, an additional Daily Demon done earlier than usual:
It would appear that 2 AM PST and 8 PM PST are the new times for the daily demons, so now we have 2 demons a day.
I suppose this makes them twice-daily demons... doesn't roll off the tongue as well I must say lol.
Yeah. Looks like we're getting two each day. Which makes sense if they want to show all the demons until the game's release, because otherwise we didn't have enough days for the 214 demons the game is supposed to have.

Btw I'm gonna post demon #87 because no one did yet

Some cool cutscenes here. We don't even get to see him in our party.

After Jikokuten, which is #88, it's time for Nekomata.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
First, it's double daily demons for the last 60 days.

Then, it's four demons a day for the last month.

8 demons a day for the last fortnight.

16 demons a day for the last week.

Then it doubles every day. 32. 64. 128.

The day prior to release, demons begin appearing in real life.

When game actually comes out... May god have mercy on us all.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
First, it's double daily demons for the last 60 days.

Then, it's four demons a day for the last month.

8 demons a day for the last fortnight.

16 demons a day for the last week.

Then it doubles every day. 32. 64. 128.

The day prior to release, demons begin appearing in real life.

When game actually comes out... May god have mercy on us all.
Dang it, nobody told me the apocalypse was coming...

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
The advertising for this game is about to kick into overdrive, so it makes sense that the one demon reveal a day becomes two at about that time.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
pretty sure nvidia already responded with the list being speculative but I thought it was worth sharing
I could buy SMTV being a timed exclusive similar to stuff like Octopath or BD2 (although I don't remember if those games were announced as Switch exclusives during their reveal or not, unlike SMT), but I honestly wouldn't understand why Atlus/SEGA would do that while keeping P5 a PS exclusive after all these years when Sony has no involvement in the funding or developing of the games and Golden already proved to be a big commercial success on PC.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
New Doi commentary, this time for Loup-Garou.
Ay thanks for posting that, I completely forgot to post it earlier.

Anyway, considering you're posting SMTV news here, is it safe to assume you're a supporter for an SMT protagonist in Smash? Welcome to the boards by the way.

Last edited:

Discoball Fever

Smash Rookie
Ay thanks for posting that, I completely forgot to post it earlier.

Anyway, considering you're posting SMTV news here, is it safe to assume you're a supporter for an SMT protagonist in Smash? Welcome to the boards by the way.
I suppose I'm a supporter, yeah.
Flynn is my most wanted character alongside The Prince from Katamari.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
For a moment I wasn't sure if I was actually in the support lista. Just checked it and I'm in it lol

Anyway, I'm posting the last demon showcases

Next is Avatar Makami, which is a cool one IMO. He kinda carried me for a while in Strange Journey Redux lol

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

So, in something that may be entirely irrelevant to this thread in the end, SEGA/ATLUS have finally detailed their TGS showcase and it'll be on September 30th/October 1st. They have also confirmed it will feature a reveal of a new JRPG, which could be... really anything, honestly - maybe it i the Devil Survivor producer project teased earlier this year, maybe it is a Persona game, maybe it is a Yakuza game, maybe it is a Sakura Wars game, maybe it is a Phantasy Star game, maybe it is a new IP. SEGA is a big company...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

So, in something that may be entirely irrelevant to this thread in the end, SEGA/ATLUS have finally detailed their TGS showcase and it'll be on September 30th/October 1st. They have also confirmed it will feature a reveal of a new JRPG, which could be... really anything, honestly - maybe it i the Devil Survivor producer project teased earlier this year, maybe it is a Persona game, maybe it is a Yakuza game, maybe it is a Sakura Wars game, maybe it is a Phantasy Star game, maybe it is a new IP. SEGA is a big company...
Perhaps we'll finally know what that project RE:Fantasy is about.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Perhaps we'll finally know what that project RE:Fantasy is about.
Ooooh, true! I believe Hashino said it was hitting "the pinnacle" of its development or something like that during the New Years' discussions...

Though I don't know if I'd count that as a "new" announcement personally when it has had collabs with Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Catherine Full Body haha. Can you really be unannounced if you have multiple crossovers?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Just checking the thread and I'm surprised none of us posted this:

Shin Megami Tensei V Part 1

We will be bringing you the latest info on “Shin Megami Tensei V”, which is set to release on 11/11, with SMT fanatic, Mafia Kajita, and Chiaki Matsuzawa.
Part 1 includes unreleased footage that shows off this game’s allure.
  • MC: Chiaki Matsuzawa (Freelance Announcer)
  • Guest: Mafia Kajita (Freelance Writer)
  • Date: October 2, 2021
  • Time:
    • 5:40 AM – 6:00 AM PDT
    • 8:40 AM – 9:00 AM EDT
    • 21:40 – 22:00 JST
    • Other Time Zones
Shin Megami Tensei V Part 2

We will be bringing you the latest info on “Shin Megami Tensei V”, which is set to release on 11/11, with SMT fanatic, Mafia Kajita, and Chiaki Matsuzawa.
Part 2 will feature live gameplay for the first time!
  • Time:
    • 6:00 AM – 6:20 AM PDT
    • 9:00 AM – 9:20 AM EDT
    • 22:00 – 22:20 JST
    • Other Time Zones

Also, more demon showcases.

Siegfried is a demon I've always loved, and he looks really good. In the video he uses animations he already had in P5 but those are already very nice so I'm good. I hope he isn't a fusion accident demon though, if that mechanic is brought back to begin with.

Chernobog has a very good design. I like how in one of the attacks the camera zooms in and shows his scream, which looks well animated.

Dionysus standing out as always. Another design I really enjoy.

Next is Zouchouten, with him we only have 1 Heavenly King left to appear in these showcases.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Just checking the thread and I'm surprised none of us posted this:

Shin Megami Tensei V Part 1

• Time:
    • 5:40 AM – 6:00 AM PDT
    • 8:40 AM – 9:00 AM EDT
    • 21:40 – 22:00 JST
    • Other Time Zones
Shin Megami Tensei V Part 2

• Time:
    • 6:00 AM – 6:20 AM PDT
    • 9:00 AM – 9:20 AM EDT
    • 22:00 – 22:20 JST
    • Other Time Zones

Also, more demon showcases.

Siegfried is a demon I've always loved, and he looks really good. In the video he uses animations he already had in P5 but those are already very nice so I'm good. I hope he isn't a fusion accident demon though, if that mechanic is brought back to begin with.

Chernobog has a very good design. I like how in one of the attacks the camera zooms in and shows his scream, which looks well animated.

Dionysus standing out as always. Another design I really enjoy.

Next is Zouchouten, with him we only have 1 Heavenly King left to appear in these showcases.
And we still have the trailer this week.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
So hypothetically, we know a character can be 2 months away from their release upon their reveal ala Terry where we didn't even see gameplay footage. In two months SMT V release and we're due for getting our fourth gameplay trailer soon. Potentially to be seen in a Direct, hmm...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
So hypothetically, we know a character can be 2 months away from their release upon their reveal ala Terry where we didn't even see gameplay footage. In two months SMT V release and we're due for getting our fourth gameplay trailer soon. Potentially to be seen in a Direct, hmm...
Well, you're right with Terry, but I honestly don't think that's the same situation as Nahobino's.

First because with Pass 2 the gap between the character reveal and the actual release of the fighter has been very small, I don't remember the exact times but I don't think we had to wait more than a week and a half for the character's release. So I doubt that's going to change for CP11.

I mean if he was CP11 at that point it doesn't really matter if he releases in November or this week, assuming we'll get a Direct. Well, him releasing close to SMTV's release would be even better for the game for obvious reasons, but beyond that, the reception would be practically the same. If he's actually the last character he's just going to be announced soon and will release a week after the Sakurai Presents or something like that.

Which would technically mean he first debuted in Smash as a videogame character. That would be funny lol

SNEKeater

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Specific demon conversations are confirmed to be in SMTV!
Yeah I saw this before. Thanks for posting it, I wanted to do it but I also didn't want to doublepost so frequently lol

In fact I think we've already seen some glimpses of special conversations, or maybe they were just screenshots? I remember seeing one with Setanta and Scathach, and another one with Mermaid and Kelphie. Also, it seems that you won't need to manually talk to the enemy with the demon needed to trigger the convo, as long as you have the correct demon in your entire stock they will appear for the special convo. That's a nice QoL change.

Also, a few more demon showcases. Very cool ones IMO

I like his animations for spells and charges.

Lakshmi looks very good here. A design I really like.

Next is Baal, another favorite of mine.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Since the direct is tomorrow and the next trailer has to happen this week, I think it is safe to assume the trailer will be in the direct and that almost certainly means we will hear the dub tomorrow too.
Yeah, SMTV in the Direct is a lock.

Probably with the english dub as you said. Then we'll get the SMTV News Vol. 3 next week, unless the TGS livestream they announced for the game is going to be the replacement for that.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, SMTV in the Direct is a lock.

Probably with the english dub as you said. Then we'll get the SMTV News Vol. 3 next week, unless the TGS livestream they announced for the game is going to be the replacement for that.
They said the news will happen at the end of the month and Atlus’ part in TGS is in the beginning of October.

The TGS stuff probably will just be more music and more gameplay.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
They said the news will happen at the end of the month and Atlus’ part in TGS is in the beginning of October.

The TGS stuff probably will just be more music and more gameplay.
True. I could totally see the SMTV News section happening like, next Wednesday, and then the TGS stuff for the weekend. I'm completely cool with that as long as we get more footage of the game.

I haven't read the Speculation thread yet, but I assume you're still confident on CP11 being Nahobino? Just curious.

More demon showcases while we're at it

Baal is so cool.

Seeing those 3 Ose running towards Nahobino in the field is truly something.

Next is Macabre, who I was expecting to return from Persona 5 Royal. He had a cool model and animations in Royal.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
True. I could totally see the SMTV News section happening like, next Wednesday, and then the TGS stuff for the weekend. I'm completely cool with that as long as we get more footage of the game.

I haven't read the Speculation thread yet, but I assume you're still confident on CP11 being Nahobino? Just curious.

More demon showcases while we're at it

Baal is so cool.

Seeing those 3 Ose running towards Nahobino in the field is truly something.

Next is Macabre, who I was expecting to return from Persona 5 Royal. He had a cool model and animations in Royal.
It pretty much has to happen that way because the last news video said that there would be another one at the end of September(which is why there has to be a story trailer this week).

As for Nahobino in Smash, I am very confident.

I am even starting to re-convince some people who were backing off their initial predictions.

Nintendo did not mention that they are including Smash in the direct, and I believe that they have said that Smash would be featured beforehand in almost every direct that has included Smash content. If we don’t get a character in this direct then that means it will be October before we even know when a reveal will happen and by mid October the snowballing of SMT V advertising will be at maximum momentum ripe for a Nahobino Smash reveal to cap it all off.

Even tomorrow would not be a bad time for Nahobino to be revealed for Smash because the dub and the major story beats in the 4th story trailer(like probably Tao being a Nahobino also)are some of the only real obstacles to revealing him now, and the fact that digital preorders are probably going to start up in the west tomorrow is another good reason to really hammer the advertising home now.

People seem to think Pokémon will take over the Nintendo advertising after Dread, but I think Atlus is going to hand over the reins to Nintendo for SMT V instead, especially now that an official story trailer will be shown in a Nintendo direct(the E3 trailer was not a story trailer) and not an Atlus presentation for the first time. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is just a remake after all, and although I do think they will heavily push Arceus, I think that will be Nintendo’s main marketing focus after SMT V and the Gen 4 remake are already out and Christmas season is winding down.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm not too worried about not seeing SMTV in the Direct in some form. It'd be nice to hear the dub for the first time, though honestly ATLUS dubs rarely disappoint so I am not deeply anticipatory or worried about it.

Maybe we'll find out a bit more about characters too... I'm curious if they'll show off the non-protagonist Nahobinos before the game launches, assuming that some of his friends do take the deal as well and turn themselves into Nahobinos.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not too worried about not seeing SMTV in the Direct in some form. It'd be nice to hear the dub for the first time, though honestly ATLUS dubs rarely disappoint so I am not deeply anticipatory or worried about it.

Maybe we'll find out a bit more about characters too... I'm curious if they'll show off the non-protagonist Nahobinos before the game launches, assuming that some of his friends do take the deal as well and turn themselves into Nahobinos.
Wait there are non-protag ones? Where was this shown?

Top Bottom