• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
I super wouldn't mind an SMT rep, whether somehow from Persona or from SMT.
Aleph and Flynn are ones I super wouldn't mind, 'cause I'm a fan of their designs and SMT 4 was the first SMT game I played all the way through. Plus an SMT protag could use a sword for some attacks but be a magic user too, kinda like robin but different.

Also for dumb joke stuff, if Flynn got in, I'd want him to have a taunt easter egg like Little Mac when he taunts a couple times, Doc Louis shouts from offscreen. But having Flynn taunt a couple times, you'd hear Walter, Jonathan or Isabeau shouting stuff from offscreen, like "My demons are a bit different!" "BEHOLD! MY DEMONS!"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Woof, I came back to a lot more comments than I thought. Anyway, welcome aboard yall.

What are your thoughts on a SMT hero announcement trailer?

I'm of two minds on it: part of me wants it to be a Pokemon versus demon themed trailer with the SMT hero saving the trainer from the demons that are directly attacking them (or, if its Persona, Pokemon Trainer facing off against his shadow self), but part of me wants it to be a Fire Emblem x SMT trailer, prehaps including the TMS cast getting knocked aside, ending with Itsuki lying on the floor commenting how he'll get his chance another day.
Yeah, I had that Pokemon Trainer idea rattling in my head, but it seemed kinda cheesy, but then again, which trailer isn't?

Things are happening soon.
Flynn Smirking.png

Also, I increased the font size and used a darker tone of grey, so that should help with the pained eyes thing.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm still wondering what happened to SMTV.

I know it takes long, but...not this long.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
SMT/Persona are one of thos gigantic series that i always have in teh sights, but never actually tried in deep.. only have played the first levels of strange journey , a little of persona 1 Persona 4 Battle arena, and Catherine if that counts... (Plus persona V anime) but i'm intrigued by the new SMTV, probably will give it a try (as long as it actually happens)...

That being said SMT gameplay is a mixed bag for me... not particular fan of the "First person japanese dungeon crawler" genre, nor too much into the random encounter stuff either, but i love the bantering with demons, combining them and in general the mechanics that pokemon popularized.

Obviously SMT character isn't happening on smash right now (although would be a HUGE surprise factor)... but if SMTV is actually a hit and we got DLC... who knows?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm still wondering what happened to SMTV.

I know it takes long, but...not this long.
Dude, seriously, It's taking WAY too long.
The last dev update we've gotten was that they got characters to move. After that it's been non-stop "In development."
Hopefully TGS has something to show off, man.

SMT/Persona are one of thos gigantic series that i always have in teh sights, but never actually tried in deep.. only have played the first levels of strange journey , a little of persona 1 Persona 4 Battle arena, and Catherine if that counts... (Plus persona V anime) but i'm intrigued by the new SMTV, probably will give it a try (as long as it actually happens)...

That being said SMT gameplay is a mixed bag for me... not particular fan of the "First person japanese dungeon crawler" genre, nor too much into the random encounter stuff either, but i love the bantering with demons, combining them and in general the mechanics that pokemon popularized.

Obviously SMT character isn't happening on smash right now (although would be a HUGE surprise factor)... but if SMTV is actually a hit and we got DLC... who knows?
Actually the first person battles and dungeon crawling aspects are only things that've been in old Megaten games or handheld ones. Console games like SMT3, DDS1 and 2, and the Persona series after 3 have all had more normal 3rd person battles.

As an "iconic old-school 3rd party rep" I think an SMT protagonist has a pretty decent shot for base roster though, especially after TMS#FE and the upcoming SMTV.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Only the older games are first-person dungeon crawlers, which actually seem to be the ones you played. Nocturne switched to third-person and IV added overworld enemies à la Earthbound so the encounters are no longer random. IV actually is probably the most newcomer friendly game in the series so far. The battles are in first-person but that's due to hardware reasons and because of that the animations are lightning fast, so I think it's a worthwhile trade-off. I prefer it to the slow third-person battles of some RPGs, including ones under the Megami Tensei banner.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Quick question...

In the direct SMTs medly appeared in the "other" category which was defined by Sakurai if I remember correctly as "a section for series without a character"

Do you believe this means that was there to fool or something? Just curious. I think an SMT rep would be interesting though

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Quick question...

In the direct SMTs medly appeared in the "other" category which was defined by Sakurai if I remember correctly as "a section for series without a character"

Do you believe this means that was there to fool or something? Just curious. I think an SMT rep would be interesting though
What? SMT medley appeared in the "other" category?
This is honestly the first I've heard of that.

As for the fooling bit, I honestly have no clue. Sakurai is not the type of person to remain exactly consistent on his decisions.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
What? SMT medley appeared in the "other" category?
This is honestly the first I've heard of that.

As for the fooling bit, I honestly have no clue. Sakurai is not the type of person to remain exactly consistent on his decisions.
It was like the first thing I noticed rewatching that section. I'm fairly certain it was SMT.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Quick question...

That was Shin Onigashima, not SMT.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Ah that's my mistake. Apologies. That's sad considering I was hoping we'd get Ayumi or Donbe/Hikari. But good to know. Thanks for clearing that up.
For what it's worth, all that we've seen so far is the NES remix and music. (Since it's ordered by the series and it's date of release.)

SMT Music could appear in the game in the SNES category. (Since it technically started in the SNES era.)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You got the wrong devil Kazuya character. The Tekken one should be in Smash.
Heeeey, was waiting for someone to make that joke.

If we do get a Tekken rep, boy I'd love for to be Kazuya over Heihachi or Jin. I think he's got more potential with turning into his Devil form, and represents how everyone in the Mishima family is more or less completely evil.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Heeeey, was waiting for someone to make that joke.

If we do get a Tekken rep, boy I'd love for to be Kazuya over Heihachi or Jin. I think he's got more potential with turning into his Devil form, and represents how everyone in the Mishima family is more or less completely evil.
Totally agree. And he’s just cooler

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Dude, props to you, this is a phenomonal job.
I hope this gets at least some more people aware of the SMT franchise.

You mind if I put this in the thread?
Go right ahead! I made this to get the word out about SMT and the possibility of there even being a fighter from SMT.

There's also more coming soon.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I believe a Shin Megami Tensei character is very realistic I'm just unfortunately not sure if a protagonist will make it unless V is insanely popular and the main character gets a large fanbase. With that recent sidescroller Jack Frost has got some hee-hotential though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Unrelated, but after the Devil May Cry V leaks, I think we can safely rule this out as ever becoming a possibility, lmao.

DMCV Cover.jpg

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/09/03/ds-flynn-smt/

Updated moveset is now up on SourceGaming! Now with stats and images! Speaking of, do I have some images to share, a few of them I drew myself. Surprisingly I have never drawn any fanart for SMT before the last month despite it being one of my favorite series. I think I made up for that.

amageish

Smash Master
I believe a Shin Megami Tensei character is very realistic I'm just unfortunately not sure if a protagonist will make it unless V is insanely popular and the main character gets a large fanbase. With that recent sidescroller Jack Frost has got some hee-hotential though.
That's fair... As I've said elsewhere (and earlier in this thread, probably), I think it's kinda a waste to treat SMT like Pokemon when the point of the game is not one-on-one Demon battles and the summoner can fight too; however, I definitely get the logic that it'd be the more popular choice. Good point about Synchronicity Prologue as well, especially as the "Prologue" part kinda points towards it getting a sequel in the future.

Unrelated, but after the Devil May Cry V leaks, I think we can safely rule this out as ever becoming a possibility, lmao.
RIP. Maybe if they give it three enhanced ports, one of them will include Demifiend!

Updated moveset is now up on SourceGaming! Now with stats and images! Speaking of, do I have some images to share, a few of them I drew myself. Surprisingly I have never drawn any fanart for SMT before the last month despite it being one of my favorite series. I think I made up for that.
Fantastic art and moveset! I like the Jack Bros throwback with the specials, and Kirby smirking is the most adorable thing ever. Great job~!

D

Deleted member

You can add me to list of supporters. I would be beyond overjoyed to see SMT get a character in Smash.

So, does anyone here have any ideas for a Demi-Fiend moveset?

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Welp, as an unfortunate side effect of Warchamp fixing the messed up thread, all colors from the spoilers have been removed.

As a bonus, we can now go back to adding more members, so if you're not on the member list, feel free to inform me.
You can add me to list of supporters. I would be beyond overjoyed to see SMT get a character in Smash.

So, does anyone here have any ideas for a Demi-Fiend moveset?
Quite a few ideas in my head, but nothing solid.

FSmash-Freikugel eye lasers aimed at the floor before going up like ROB
DSmash-Javelin Rain with light missiles exploding out his back before raining down in an area round him
USmash-Gaea Rage exploding light from the ground upwards. Like Palutena except inside him.

B-Divine Shot blast of light from the hand. Like Megaman's FSmash
DownB-Focus, doubles the damage and knockback from the next Smash.
UpB-Xeros Beat multi-kick attack that launches purple explosions and drags Demi-fiend up. Like Mii Fighter Up B
SideB- Deadly Fury creates a purple light blade from his side and swings it forward advancing him rapdily forward and going through weak projectiles. Like Ike Side B

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I decided to attempt to make moveset for Aleph. Keyword being "attempt", as this is first time doing something like this. :)

Aleph: The hero of Shin Megami Tensei II. Unlike Kazuya, I'd have Aleph focus on gun skills rather than physical skills.
Normals:
3-hit Jab: Aleph slashes his opponents horizontally two times before blasting them with a pistol
Dash Attack: Tackle. A skill in SMT II, Aleph charges ate the opponent shoulder first.

Tilt Attacks:
Forward Tilt: Focused Fire. Aleph fires his pistol at his opponent. Take from Naoto's Snipe move from the Arena games.
Up Tilt: Autofire. Aleph fires upwards with one of his rifles from SMT II.
Down Tilt: Roundhouse Kick. Also a skill in SMT II, Aleph will roundhouse kick the opponent in front of him.

Aerials:
Neutral Aerial: Spin Slash. Another SMT II skill, Aleph spins around in the air sword drawn. Think of something similar to Link's Up B.
Forward Aerial: Needle Rush. Once again an SMT II skill, Aleph will throw needles at his opponent.
Back Aerial: Agidyne Stone. A common item found throughout the series, Aleph will throw an Agidyne stone behind him at his foes.
Up Aerial: Zandyne Stone. Another reoccurring common item, Aleph will throw a Zandyne stone upwards.
Down Aerial: Expel Arrow. An item in SMT II, Aleph will launch an highly effective arrow attack downwards. This is also his meteor attack.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Gigasmasher Blast. Aleph blasts his opponent with Gigasmasher rifle.
Up Smash: Myrrad Arrows. Aleph fires a volley of gunfire upwards.
Down Smash: Riot Gun. Aleph fires the Riot Gun skill against his opponent.

Specials:
B Special: Loki-Mabufula. Aleph summons the demon Loki for a Mabufula attack. Can be charaged
Side B Special: Cu Chulainn-Javalin Charge. Aleph summons Cu Chulainn to charge at the opponent spear-first.
Up B Special: Angel-Zanma Flight. Aleph summons Angel for a recovery move as the Angel carries him to saftey in a Zanma powered aerial charge.
Down B Special: Metatron-Holy Wrath. Aleph summons Metatron to use the Almighty spell Holy Wrath.

Final Smash: Megido Ark. In a possible spoiler to one of the endings of SMT II, Aleph summons the Megido Ark to annihilate all his opponents. (And possibly, you know, the whole world as well.)

Idle Animation: Menu Check. Aleph checks his comp for data. Similar to what Idon Idon purposed for Kazuya.
Taunt #1: "Dancing Furiously!" Aleph breaks out into a dance. A referance to an event, and meme, from SMT II.
Tanut #2: Aleph simply spins one of his pistols around in his hand.
Tanun #3: Intimidate. Aleph summons one of his summon-able demons to intimidate the enemy.
Next time I'll do one for the Demi-Fiend! :)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I decided to attempt to make moveset for Aleph. Keyword being "attempt", as this is first time doing something like this. :)

Aleph: The hero of Shin Megami Tensei II. Unlike Kazuya, I'd have Aleph focus on gun skills rather than physical skills.
Normals:
3-hit Jab: Aleph slashes his opponents horizontally two times before blasting them with a pistol
Dash Attack: Tackle. A skill in SMT II, Aleph charges ate the opponent shoulder first.

Tilt Attacks:
Forward Tilt: Focused Fire. Aleph fires his pistol at his opponent. Take from Naoto's Snipe move from the Arena games.
Up Tilt: Autofire. Aleph fires upwards with one of his rifles from SMT II.
Down Tilt: Roundhouse Kick. Also a skill in SMT II, Aleph will roundhouse kick the opponent in front of him.

Aerials:
Neutral Aerial: Spin Slash. Another SMT II skill, Aleph spins around in the air sword drawn. Think of something similar to Link's Up B.
Forward Aerial: Needle Rush. Once again an SMT II skill, Aleph will throw needles at his opponent.
Back Aerial: Agidyne Stone. A common item found throughout the series, Aleph will throw an Agidyne stone behind him at his foes.
Up Aerial: Zandyne Stone. Another reoccurring common item, Aleph will throw a Zandyne stone upwards.
Down Aerial: Expel Arrow. An item in SMT II, Aleph will launch an highly effective arrow attack downwards. This is also his meteor attack.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Gigasmasher Blast. Aleph blasts his opponent with Gigasmasher rifle.
Up Smash: Myrrad Arrows. Aleph fires a volley of gunfire upwards.
Down Smash: Riot Gun. Aleph fires the Riot Gun skill against his opponent.

Specials:
B Special: Loki-Mabufula. Aleph summons the demon Loki for a Mabufula attack. Can be charaged
Side B Special: Cu Chulainn-Javalin Charge. Aleph summons Cu Chulainn to charge at the opponent spear-first.
Up B Special: Angel-Zanma Flight. Aleph summons Angel for a recovery move as the Angel carries him to saftey in a Zanma powered aerial charge.
Down B Special: Metatron-Holy Wrath. Aleph summons Metatron to use the Almighty spell Holy Wrath.

Final Smash: Megido Ark. In a possible spoiler to one of the endings of SMT II, Aleph summons the Megido Ark to annihilate all his opponents. (And possibly, you know, the whole world as well.)

Idle Animation: Menu Check. Aleph checks his comp for data. Similar to what Idon Idon purposed for Kazuya.
Taunt #1: "Dancing Furiously!" Aleph breaks out into a dance. A referance to an event, and meme, from SMT II.
Tanut #2: Aleph simply spins one of his pistols around in his hand.
Tanun #3: Intimidate. Aleph summons one of his summon-able demons to intimidate the enemy.
Next time I'll do one for the Demi-Fiend! :)
Veeeeery nice. I'm surprised you actually read the moveset, lol. It's pretty long.

D

Deleted member

Veeeeery nice. I'm surprised you actually read the moveset, lol. It's pretty long.
Haha. Thanks man. I tried my best to give Aleph a moveset that stood out from Kazuya's. So I based Aleph's moveset around gun skills rather than physical skills, like in the IV Apocalypse DLC. Hope it turned out alright!

D

Deleted member

Alright! Here's the Demi-Fiend moveset

Demi-Fiend: The hero Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. In addition to summoning demons, the Demi-Fiend's skillset focus more on skills exclusive to him in Nocturne.

Attacks:
3-hit jab: Demi-Fiend would punch his enemy two times, and his final blow would be his regular attack animation from Nocturne.
Dash attack: Lunge. Demi-Fiend would charge at his opponent with the starting physical attack Lunge players receive in the beginning Nocturne.

Tilt Attacks:
Forward Tilt: Iron Claw. Demi-Fiend would uitlize the claw skill Iron Claw against his foe.
Up Tilt: Demi-Fiend swings his energy-blade from Nocturne in an overhead angle. Think of something similar to Link's Up Tilt.
Down Tilt: Fire Breath. Demi-Fiend breaths fire at his opponents. This attack can be continued up to five times if the player taps A repeatedly.

Aeiral Attacks:
Neutral Aerials: Bolt-Storm. Demi-Fiend creates a field of lighting around him, shocking any opponents near him.
Forward Aerial: Evil Gaze. Demi-Fiend uses the skill Evil Gaze as his forward aerial against opponents. Very useful when trying to sends opponents off the stage.
Back Aerial: Megido Blast. Demi-Fiend fires a Megido spell backwards at his opponents.
Up Aerial: Wind Cutter. Demi-Fiend uitilizes the Zan spell Wind Cutter as up aerial against his opponents.
Down Aerial: Javelin Rain. Demi-Fiend fires several Javelin Rain blasts downwards towards his enemies.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Deadly Fury. The Deadly Fury skill is a multi-hit forward Smash attacks meant to pummel foes into oblivion.
Up Smash: Xeros Beat. Demi-Fiend fires the skill Xeros Beat upwards at opponents above.
Down Smash: Chaos Blade. Demi-Field brandishes his beam-sword for the devastating Chaos Blade, which engulfs opponents in flames like Simon's Holy Water move.

Speicals:
Standard B Special: Pixie-Dia. Demi-Fiend summons Pixie to use the Dia spell, which heals 10% of damage done to him.
Side B Special: Mothman-Stun Claw. Demi-Fiend summons Mothman for the skill Stun Claw, which stuns opponents when hit, like Zero Suit Samus's Standard B.
Up B Special: Liftoma. Demi-Fiend uses the Liftoma assist skill from Nocturne to fly upwards to saftey.
Down B Special: Gaia Rage. Demi-Fiend uses the Gaia Rage skill as a chargable AOE attack.

Final Smash: Freikugel. Demi-Fiend's strongest attack. This move covers the entirety of a floating stage like Battlefield, and anyone unfortunate to be caught in it's path will be instantly killed.

Grabs:
Pummel: Demi-Fiend punches the opponent in the face. Just like he did to God.
Forward Throw: Demi-Fiend electrocutes his opponent, then kicks them forward.
Back Throw: Demi-Fiend uses the skill Mana-Drain, and then throw the opponent behind him.
Up Throw: Demi-Fiend throws the opponent sky high, and blasts them with a Megido.
Down Throw: Demi-Fiend claspes his hands together, and hits his foe so hard, they bounce off the ground. So basically Ike's up air, but instead downwards.

Idle Animation: Demi-Fiend will crack his knuckles in anticipation for a fight.
Taunt #1: Provoke. Demi-Fiend will provoke the opponent, beckoning for a fight.
Taunt #2: Show of Power. Demi-Fiend channels his power through his body, similar to Mewtwo's taunt.
Taunt #3: Beckon Call. Demi-Fiend summons Pixie with a snap of his fingers.

amageish

Smash Master
So, anyone have thoughts or opinions on stages for SMT representation?

I'm a big fan of transforming stages and love to see a general ATLUS/MegaTen stage that moves between various famous MegaTen areas. Some ideas include:

SMT Cathedral of Shadows flat angle.png

Cathedral of Shadows: One of the main reoccurring SMT areas, the Cathedral of Shadows is the place (or sometimes App) where demons are summoned and fused for use by the protaginist in SMTI, II, III, IV, IVA, SJ, Devil Survivor, and even the original Megami Tensei. It's consistently-shifting appearances could make it a transforming stage on of itself, but I imagine they could combine elements of its various incarnations to make one recognizable stage.

River_Styx_Shin_Megami_Tensei_II.jpg

The River Styx: The boundary between Earth and the Underworld in Greek Mythology, the River Styx is frequently used as the Game Over screen in SMT games. Charon, the ferryman of the river, usually appears ferrying the protagonist across the river, and can often be bribed with a hefty sum of mecca (or occasionally PlayCoins) to bring the protaginist back from the dead. In Smash, I could see the Styx be a boat stage a la the Pirate Ship, with Charon ferrying the fighters down the river towards the underworld - maybe changing directions halfway through to reflect how it is not yet the heroes time to die.

Tokyo-covered_rock_of_the_ceiling.jpg

Tokyo: Like the Cathedral of Shadows, Tokyo appears in a tonne of MegaTen games in various forms and could get an entire transforming stage in of itself. That said, a stage taking place on the streets of Tokyo with demons as fightable stage hazards would reflect it's frequent use as a main demon-infested hub.

P5-TokyoDestinyland.jpg

Tokyo Destinyland: This theme park is the area your alignment gets formally locked into in the original Shin Megami Tensei and has been referenced in many titles since - most recently appearing as a date location in Persona 5. Something about demons fighting in a post-apocalyptic Disneyland-knockoff is inherently hilarious to me. This would be especially funny stage choice if Sora somehow got into the game.

Naraku_Entrance_SMTIV.jpg

Naraku: Personally, I think that Naraku from Shin Megami Tensei IV is the most memorable of the mainline SMT dungeons - even when it's objectively just another tower named after a name given to the afterlife, a motif MegaTen has tread before. It'd make a good arena with a lot of demons to fight. I'd suggest Medusa could appear as a boss, but Dracula's Castle already has that, so, uh... Yeah...

81bXSgHMI5L._SL1500_.jpg

Idolasphere: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is a game. While the game went through one of the weirdest changes in direction imaginable, the final product is a fantastic JRPG with an addictive combat system, assuming you can stomach a lot of J-Pop and fanservice. The visuals of the game reek with charm and I especially love the battle area, which is designed to look like a theatre in the round. If we are getting a boss rush mode, then I think having the TMS#FE version of Gangrel appear would be a great way to give FE a giant bossfight (or at least better then spoiling the ending of a FE game to include a non-human-with-singular-weapon bossfight).

SaeCasino.png

The Casino of Envy: Lastly, we have the obligatory Persona stage choice. While I'd usually go with either the Velvet Room or Tartarus, the Cathedral of Shadows and Naraku make those options feel mildly redundant. Plus, it's hard to argue that Persona 5 isn't the star of the series now, with it having unprecedented success both in Japan and internationally. So, if we get a Persona 5 area, the obvious choice to me is the Casino of Envy. It's the focal point of the story and is the location of the game's opening.

D

Deleted member

So what are your guys top 5 Shin Megami Tensei games?

Here's mine:
#1: Shin Megami Tensei IV
#2: Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
#3: Both of the Digital Devil Saga games
#4: Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
#5: Shin Megami Tensei II

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
An Atlus rep would be amazing as a whole. I love SMT and would be beyond happy if the series got a character in Smash.

Add me to the supporter list.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Small update:

Some splash pages for yall.
I apologize for the shabby nature of it all, but I don't exactly have photoshop, so this'll have to do.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I also posted this in the Joker thread, but I might as well raise it for discussion here as well.

The PlayStation Classic will include Revelations: Persona in it's roster of 20 PlayStation "classics," which I find... to be a decision. I don't know how many people care about that weird localization of a mediocre title... Sadly, no ATLUS games have been included on Nintendo's mini-consoles.

I would be more interested had they included a localization of the PlayStation version of Shin Megami Tensei If... to be honest, as that's a part of the Persona franchise's roots I would be very interested in exploring in English... This choice is just kind of weird.

That said, I'm hoping they make a PS2 Classic featuring Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, Persona 3, and Persona 4. ATLUS has made a lot of good games for that console haha.

Anyway, anyone else have any thoughts?

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Huh, well even though I support SMT content in Smash, I hadn't joined a support thread.

Well better late than never. Put me down as a supporter!

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Revelations: Persona is a bit of a baffling choice especially considering how much of a laughing stock the localization is. I would have liked Persona 2 more but Eternal Punishment, the only one we got in English, is miles better if you play Innocent Sin first and the English localization of that is stuck on the PSP. Personally I'm waiting for the fan translation of Eternal Punishment PSP to replay it, as I hear they actually improved a lot of things in that version, and it has art by current Shin Megami Tensei artist Masayuki Doi and I'm always 100% down for that. The fan translation has been apparently making good progress recently.

Speaking of which! The fan translation for Shin Megami Tensei if... came out recently, which is really cool. I can finally play that game!

Top Bottom