• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Not a new demon per se but worth sharing all the same.
Basically, Amabie here is a yokai that Japanese people thought of when COVID started. It's meant to ward off disease. It's been bit of a meme in Japan so Doi's getting in on the action too. Wikipedia page in case you're curious. I don't think they'll be in SMTV, at least not at launch.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Not a new demon per se but worth sharing all the same.
Basically, Amabie here is a yokai that Japanese people thought of when COVID started. It's meant to ward off disease. It's been bit of a meme in Japan so Doi's getting in on the action too. Wikipedia page in case you're curious. I don't think they'll be in SMTV, at least not at launch.
That's aweome!!! I had seen some memes about that yokai from Japanese art accounts I follow, but never got the context... I would love to see them make it into the game, even if it was post-launch in the style of Pokemon Mystery Gifts...

Speaking of meme demons, I know Medjed got a name-drop in P5 as the name of the internet hacking group, but I would love to see an actual Medjed demon in SMTV...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
First of all we have a bunch of new screenshots. Well, not all of them, but I'm pretty sure there's a new one at least, the one with a new demon, the werewolf creature.

The link provides high quality renders for some new demons recently confirmed for the game:

Daily Demon #73

Daily Demon #74

Daily Demon #75

I like Bugs' animation for the attacks. Next is Agathion... Which isn't the most exciting demon to showcase with these videos IMO haha

Hoping for more new demons for the next showcases.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, it's cool to see more SMTIVA's demons are making the jump to 3D! I like those designs quite a bit... It does make the daily demons sticking largely with ones we just saw in P5(R) a bit anticlimactic, but, hey, gotta built to the new stuff as we approach November.

Them choosing to highlight both Inanna and Ishtar is interesting to me. Mesopotamian mythology is very much not my strong suit, but I am aware that they are basically the same being. Obviously SMT's no stranger to cross-cultural stuff, but highlighting them both at the same time makes me wonder if they'll have some connection in the actual narrative...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well, it's cool to see more SMTIVA's demons are making the jump to 3D! I like those designs quite a bit... It does make the daily demons sticking largely with ones we just saw in P5(R) a bit anticlimactic, but, hey, gotta built to the new stuff as we approach November.

Them choosing to highlight both Inanna and Ishtar is interesting to me. Mesopotamian mythology is very much not my strong suit, but I am aware that they are basically the same being. Obviously SMT's no stranger to cross-cultural stuff, but highlighting them both at the same time makes me wonder if they'll have some connection in the actual narrative...
Considering
Danu coming back I wouldn't be surprised if we get Dagda as well.

In any case it still feels like we're going to get more Apocalypse demons and I'm personally very cool with that. So far we have, IIRC, Mermaid, Chironnupu, Danu, Inanna, Sukona-Hikona and Odin, if we include his redesign.
Apocalypse has more cool demons or redesigns I'd like to see in 3D.

My biggest want right now is still Susano-o, though he feels unlikely. Returning demons so far have been, if I'm not mistaken, from
  • Persona 5
  • Doi's new demons for Strange Journey, IV and IV Apocalypse
  • The Raidou games

This patern has been right so far, I think.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
At least I have confirmation that a lot of my favorites are in.

It's just been a long, looooong wait to see them get their Daily Demon is all.
Which ones? I'm curious.

I guess it would be a nice idea to extend that question to everyone else, so... what are your favorite demons in the series, and which ones would you like to see come back for SMTV?

Shroob

Sup?
Which ones? I'm curious.

I guess it would be a nice idea to extend that question to everyone else, so... what are your favorite demons in the series, and which ones would you like to see come back for SMTV?
The ones I had Noipoi draw me for my commission.

Still waiting for Titania, Cerberus(Unless I missed him?), Moh Shuvuu and Abaddon(I think he hasn't shown up as a Daily Demon yet).

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The ones I had Noipoi draw me for my commission.

Still waiting for Titania, Cerberus(Unless I missed him?), Moh Shuvuu and Abaddon(I think he hasn't shown up as a Daily Demon yet).
Yeah none of these have appeared in the daily showcases. But we know all of them are in the game.
Cool demons, I like these 4. Cerberus not so much but he's a staple demon.

Also, Daily Demon #76

Next is Ananta, I think this is the first confirmation for his presence in SMTV.

amageish

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

SEGA/ATLUS confirmed for TGS, but, like Level-5, they haven't confirmed what they're doing or when...

Hard to say if we'll be getting anything major for SMTV there anyway though, as they have so many announcements happening all the time anyway... It doesn't really need another showcase at this point, ya feel me?

I could maybe see whatever Shinjiro Takada's up to being announced there, but who knows if that's a Devil Survivor game or something all-new.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

SEGA/ATLUS confirmed for TGS, but, like Level-5, they haven't confirmed what they're doing or when...

Hard to say if we'll be getting anything major for SMTV there anyway though, as they have so many announcements happening all the time anyway... It doesn't really need another showcase at this point, ya feel me?

I could maybe see whatever Shinjiro Takada's up to being announced there, but who knows if that's a Devil Survivor game or something all-new.
TGS the past few years has been kinda... weak, in terms of meaningful snnouncements. I wouldn't expect anything big. At best some new footage for SMTV but a lot of times they just reuse past trailers for the TGS.

I was thinking they might announce there the new Etrian Odyssey game they have teased a few times but I doubt it, and I guess they would rather give that game it's own spotlight once SMTV is released.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I expect nothing...
because we're gonna get SMTV gameplay in the Nintendo Direct this month. :cool:

That said, Atlus has been pretty consistent about the monthly trailer followed by an in-depth news report a week after, so it's only a matter of time when we get even more SMTV news.

amageish

Smash Master
TGS the past few years has been kinda... weak, in terms of meaningful snnouncements. I wouldn't expect anything big. At best some new footage for SMTV but a lot of times they just reuse past trailers for the TGS.

I was thinking they might announce there the new Etrian Odyssey game they have teased a few times but I doubt it, and I guess they would rather give that game it's own spotlight once SMTV is released.
Yeah, I think the next EO is probably hiding until after SMTV is out as well... I wouldn't be surprised to see it in an early 2022 Nintendo Direct, if I'm allowed to speculate about a 2022 Direct when we're seemingly getting a Direct in the coming weeks (and probably next week)...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

This has to be one of Doi's best designs ngl.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, her design is amazing. Kinda of a hot take but I don't really miss Kaneko. I mean, he's great and I love most of his works, but I also think Doi is a fantastic artist. All of his SMTV demon designs have been great IMO.

While we are at it, Daily Demon #77

And #78

Next is Thunderbird, which I wasn't expecting to return from Persona 5 to be honest

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
There's some samples of one of the CDs included in the Fall of Man edition! Seems to be string arrangements of varied SMT songs.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Daily Demon #79

I really like his sounds and how he looks here.

Daily Demon #80

And Seth is looking good here. He's quite imposing in the overworld. He's smaller when he's in your party, but we already knew that.

Next is Raphael.

There's some samples of one of the CDs included in the Fall of Man edition! Seems to be string arrangements of varied SMT songs.
They also shared a few pics of the book compendium that will come with the collectors edition.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord

Actual SMTV soundtrack samples!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Daily Demon #81

Daily Demon #82

Loup-garou looks great. I kinda expected him to be a lower lvl demon. His animations are cool.

The video also confirms Yo****sune, which appears to be in the Wargod race this time around.

Next is Attis.

Actual SMTV soundtrack samples!
Those previews sound glorious. I'm still in love with the regular battle theme. Also: the theme is titled : Battle: Da'at. Maybe I'm overthinking this but maybe part of the adventure will take place in the regular Tokyo.

amageish

Smash Master

Abdiel has an English-language commentary now! They're really going all-out with the Paradise Lost references, huh?

Doi also mentions more detailed facial animations on demons, which is exciting! Probably going to be more character-driven moments with the demons themselves then...

Edit:

Also we're getting a trailer tomorrow at 7AM.

Funny that people expected a Direct tomorrow and we're getting a standalone SMT trailer instead... unless it is also going to be part of a Mini Direct.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Feels like this is going to be the trailer where they reveal the english dub.

The official japanese account hasn't posted anything about this, so that's why I think this is going to feature the dub.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. That would make a lot of sense. I was wondering why it at 7AM when all the other trailers have been in the evenings for us in the west...

alternatively, it is at 7AM as we are getting a Mini Direct tomorrow and this is just being uploaded separately at the same time

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. That would make a lot of sense. I was wondering why it at 7AM when all the other trailers have been in the evenings for us in the west...

alternatively, it is at 7AM as we are getting a Mini Direct tomorrow and this is just being uploaded separately at the same time
Yeah that as well, this trailer is premiering at a very differenth our from previous trailers.

amageish

Smash Master
And it turns out, the reason the trailer was coming out at 7AM and announced by ATLUS West was... it is a trailer that came out at 7AM and was announced by ATLUS West; nothing deeper about it.

The game still looks good! The dynamic between the protagonist and Aogami seems relatively healthy by this franchise's standard for interactions between humans and the demons that grant them power? Wonder if that'll change at some point...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Trailer wasn't crazy. Most of the footage was from previous trailers but it's always good to have some direct promotion for the western market.

Btw, Daily Demon #83

I know her design is kinda divisive but I personally love it. Next is Atropos.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Daily Demon #85

I was expecting a very creepy voice after hearing Lachesis' voice like 20 or 30 showcases ago, but Atropos sounds actually cute lol

Danu is looking very cool here.
She's level 93, so far the highest level demon we've seen.

Next is Surt. It's going to be kinda funny to see him being reduced in size as an ally, when in the trailers he was super ****ing massive.

amageish

Smash Master

Danu is looking very cool here.
She's level 93, so far the highest level demon we've seen.

Next is Surt. It's going to be kinda funny to see him being reduced in size as an ally, when in the trailers he was super ****ing massive.
Woah, the animation on Love of the Ancient Mother (a move which I kind of hope will get a pithier name in the localization) looks AWESOME. I am really liking all the character-exclusive moves we've seen...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Woah, the animation on Love of the Ancient Mother (a move which I kind of hope will get a pithier name in the localization) looks AWESOME. I am really liking all the character-exclusive moves we've seen...
Yeah, the unique animations are a blast to see. So far it seems only Doi designed demons have these extra cool animations. Well, and Alice's Die For Me.

Danu's is quite amazing, specially considering it's a healing skill. Demeter's unique skill also had an unique animation and that one was incredible as well.

I see a lot of people being disappointed by the Nahobino trailer because it didn't show anything new, but hearing that first song was more than enough for me. Any song with deep piano chords is a treat.
Yeah, I ****ing loved that track. It seemingly was featured in the livestream countdown for the SMTV News from last month. I found someone who basically uploaded it on Youtube:

Not in the best quality but hey, it's what we got for the moment.

Also, as someone said in the comment section of the video, the voice is kinda humming the melody of the Kiccigiorgi Forest theme from SMTIV:

Top Bottom