• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Doing Day 1 DLC is certainly lame... but I'm not going to be able to not buy the Demi-fiend DLC lol. Same for Cleopatra, Mephisto and Artemis.

Demi-fiend's model looks great. I hope they don't get too crazy with the next DLC for the game in the future, but it would be cool if they also included SMT 1 Protagonist, Aleph, Flynn, Nanashi or Strange Journey Protag as boss battles or something. Would be cool to have 3D models of them.

Well, since this thread'll be closed before tomorrow's first daily demon showcase, all I can say about tomorrow's is

We're really going through Raidou demons

amageish

Smash Master
I'm not a fan of Day One DLC, but at least the game went gold a month and a bit ago, so it seems possible-ish that this is a few fights made after the game itself finished and not made alongside the base game... I guess we'll find out if it is on-disk DLC or not!

I'll pick up the Demi-Fiend and Artemis fights, I think... depends on their localized price.

More crossover DLC would be neat if it happened. ATLUS tweeting the "Featuring the Demi-Fiend from SMT III Nocturne" meme unironically made me think Dante was going to be in it for a moment as my brain didn't process the words on the graphic lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm not a fan of Day One DLC, but at least the game went gold a month and a bit ago, so it seems possible-ish that this is a few fights made after the game itself finished and not made alongside the base game... I guess we'll find out if it is on-disk DLC or not!

I'll pick up the Demi-Fiend and Artemis fights, I think... depends on their localized price.

More crossover DLC would be neat if it happened. ATLUS tweeting the "Featuring the Demi-Fiend from SMT III Nocturne" meme unironically made me think Dante was going to be in it for a moment as my brain didn't process the words on the graphic lol.
The prices are listed below:
1634839258108.png
21 for the non-grinding DLC
30 for all the DLC
60+25 for a discounted price if you purchase the digital deluxe.

amageish

Smash Master
The prices are listed below:
View attachment 335187
21 for the non-grinding DLC
30 for all the DLC
60+25 for a discounted price if you purchase the digital deluxe.
Shucks, the 2 DLC packs I wanted are more expensive then all the others lol. I may just go for A Goddess in Training then? Idk. We'll see how much content Return of the True Demon brings with it, as 10 USD is going to be, like, ~13-14 Canadian Dollars as the eShop usually does a weirdly harsh conversion rate...

Discoball Fever

Smash Rookie
Would also like to mention that Gameinformer has a few more screenshots on their exclusive coverage of the DLC: https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/10/21/shin-megami-tensei-vs-launch-day-dlc-detailed
One of the screenshots referrers to the protagonist as "Kei".
While I don't think this means anything as the other screenshots call him numerous different things, It makes me wonder if they're actually going to give him a canon name aside from just Nahobino.

I've already had my mind set on calling him Yuito during my first playthrough, after a fake smash leak I saw last year that mentioned him by that name although if the game already has one pre-set I'll likely use that instead.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Nowadays DLC are at least planned to some degree while developing the base game.

What I mean is... while I do think the prizes could be cheaper, and that doing DLC day one is no matter what, a bad thing... we wouldn't get this at all if this content wasn't part of the base game. The first Fighter Pass of Ultimate was planned during the base game, and wouldn't be in the base game in any scenario if they decided to not sell a full Pass. Same here, Demi-fiend, all the Fiends, Cleopatra, Artemis, Mephisto, etc. would probably not be in the base game to begin with. It's either paid DLC or not.

Not trying to defend this practice, just clarifying this is how day 1/early DLC usually works. DLC content usually has a separate and dedicated budget and resources.

Last edited:
Top Bottom