• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, but we got The Immortal, so it balances out.
This is valid as well.

I just would like a way to play SMT1 in English that doesn't require having it installed on an old cell phone or iPod... Is this too much to ask? Apparently.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
The phone version is the GBA port, so they'd have to port over the translation to the SFC version to release that on NSO and given how small and overworked Atlus West is localizing all of SEGA's niche titles, in addition to their own, I don't know if they'd have the resources or time to do that, let alone the financial incentive to.

Last edited:

CornOnTheCob

Smash Rookie
Well, considering my current avatar I'd be remiss if I didn't post here.

I'd be very happy for more Megaten representation. I was excited for Joker, and having some (modern) Persona-centric focus (except for the lack of P3P-exclusive content, I cry) but have to admit, a bit disappointed that the mascot Jack Frost wasn't there.

I like Demi-fiend, Flynn I'm partial to. He has the most chance and seems to be decently popular compared to the newer guy, haven't played the pre-PS2 games or anything after SMT4 so can't judge the other three. Japanese Doomguy is missing.

It's a big pipe dream, and I'd already be overjoyed if Megaten and Persona content was in Smash, but I'd be over the moon if Persona 1 & 2 content and non-Persona spinoffs like DeSum, DDS, and DeSurv get spirits, or Mii Costumes + music for Raidou, Earring boy, Tatsuya, and Maya.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, considering my current avatar I'd be remiss if I didn't post here.

I'd be very happy for more Megaten representation. I was excited for Joker, and having some (modern) Persona-centric focus (except for the lack of P3P-exclusive content, I cry) but have to admit, a bit disappointed that the mascot Jack Frost wasn't there.

I like Demi-fiend, Flynn I'm partial to. He has the most chance and seems to be decently popular compared to the newer guy, haven't played the pre-PS2 games or anything after SMT4 so can't judge the other three. Japanese Doomguy is missing.

It's a big pipe dream, and I'd already be overjoyed if Megaten and Persona content was in Smash, but I'd be over the moon if Persona 1 & 2 content and non-Persona spinoffs like DeSum, DDS, and DeSurv get spirits, or Mii Costumes + music for Raidou, Earring boy, Tatsuya, and Maya.
Welcome to the squad. Yeah I wasn't sure whether to include Doomguy since he's not a numbered entry, but I might change that later.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
He's in the banner at least! That's more than the NINE protagonist. :p

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord

We are unironically in the best place we have EVER BEEN for SMT content in Smash. And even if we don't get that...

we have Shin Megami Tensei V and Nocturne HD to look forward to

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Well, that was an exciting one-two punch! I like V’s protagonist design a lot. A worldwide release is also amazing given ATLUS’ track record...

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
I'm so excited for next year now! Ive been wanting to buy Nocturne lately (never owned sadly just rented) and actual info on SMT V! The direct was worth it for those two alone

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NEWS ABOUT A NOCTURNE REMASTER AND V AT THE SAME TIME? YOU JUST MADE UP FOR THAT TERRIBLE DIRECT.

amageish

Smash Master
Is this the 'first' worldwide release?
I... think it may be? They usually have a 5-8 month or so gap between Japanese releases and English ones - heck Nocturne's remake is coming out in Japan this Fall and in English Spring 2021, when that game has already been out in English before (though not that version of that game; Raidou hype).

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Something to note... just last week we (and by we I mean Japan) got SMT1 on Switch.
Now we're (read: Japan is) getting Nocturne in October (TL: Spring 2021).
And V is coming out next year.

They might have even more planned in the rampup to V. We've already got plenty so I'm content as is. But it's exciting to be excited for once.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, just wanted to come in and show my support for SMT, I didn't actually realize there was a thread for this. I'm not super familiar with the series, I've only played Nocturne and 4, but I've loved what I have played and would definitely love to see these guys repped in smash. Today's announcements were also really hype, and made me want to continue replaying Nocturne.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I kinda feel sad most people online are angry at the SMT games just because the direct was small. People should really look at this as with Persona in Smash, SMT could come to Smash Bros and the new protagonist could be the standard for SMT characters same as Luminary is the DQ Hero standard.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I haven't posted here before, but I must say HELLL FREAKING YES, ATLUS FINALY DID IT! Even after over an hour, it still feels like a fever dream. By the way, can I be added to the supporter list? An SMT rep for Smash would be a dream to me, like I imagine it would be for most people in here.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I kinda feel sad most people online are angry at the SMT games just because the direct was small. People should really look at this as with Persona in Smash, SMT could come to Smash Bros and the new protagonist could be the standard for SMT characters same as Luminary is the DQ Hero standard.
It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. People are acting as if ATLUS somehow blackmailed Nintendo in making an underwhelming presentation just to showcase SMT... It's very tiring and kind of disheartening to see. It's fine if people don't care about SMT, but seriously...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well, looks like i have no more excuses left to not try nocturne... I think i will give first nocturne a go (hopefully is not a 60 dollars release) nd based on how much i like it or not, i will then dip into SMTV...

I do think that some SMT content in smash is not imposible... even if is just an spirit event. I wonder if Atelier content has a chance? >:3

It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. People are acting as if ATLUS somehow blackmailed Nintendo in making an underwhelming presentation just to showcase SMT... It's very tiring and kind of disheartening to see. It's fine if people don't care about SMT, but seriously...
mehh.. people expecting mario or zelda news clearly didn't know how to read (even though we did get zelda news... sorta)
The Japanese direct has a little more meat in its bone... featuring what looks like an interesting metroidvania-esque game about teh power of rice and teh demon island (aesthetically similar to Muramasa wii game) and the continuation of atelier ryza. both games proabbly werent present on teh other direct because localization likelyt havent even started, unlike SMTV thats probably in teh localization phase already.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Gg y'all. I know y'all been waiting years for this

Real talk, I'm feeling real good about SMT's chances in vol 2. Just feels like the stars are aligning.

Starting to dig the idea too. In fact, put me on that list if you don't mind.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Been quiet on wanting an SMT rep because I doubt Atlus would get another rep, but after today **** it, Demi-fiend for Smash!

He’s got legacy

He’s got fan popularity

And now, he’s got a damn remaster to promote

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I think I might have to give Nocturne a try when it comes out. I could probably use a change of pace from Kingdom Hearts.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Besides, everyone knows that the second half of the year tends to be dry for first-party stuff until like the last 4 months or less. That shouldn't even be a surprise at all. My expectations are so grounded that I dreamt that there would be no Direct at all, but saw an article for announcing a collection of the Simple 2000 series of budget games.

What is unexpected is that it looks like the third-party parts are getting their own features on a semi-regular basis now, so the next general Direct is likely to just have first-parties with the rest gutted out.

both games proabbly werent present on teh other direct because localization likelyt havent even started, unlike SMTV thats probably in teh localization phase already.
Speaking of which, I honestly wonder if Atlus' US branch is safe from the strongest cold yet. The trailer didn't have a dub.

Also, as for spirit events, maybe that's when we'll finally get to see Jack Frost?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Man I really hope the random encounters rate is one of the things they'll touch upon with Nocturne Remastered, I love the game, but it gets tiring to get so many screen warps when you want to get a move on. I hope this is a sign of more Atlus stuff coming to Switch as well, P5 is the obvious requested title, but I'd be livid for Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown getting ports as well. Either way, super happy SMT is back on the spotlight after so long.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I am so curious about when the Nocturne remaster is releasing internationally. The game was already localized, and from the trailer it seems they have some English VA done already, so I can’t imagine there would be that much of a gap. They said Spring, so I guess early March?

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
we did it, we're finally here, we made it, god is dead

i honestly don't feel like this is real life anymore

i made this video at the speed of light

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
we did it, we're finally here, we made it, god is dead

i honestly don't feel like this is real life anymore

i made this video at the speed of light
Can always count on you to enlighten the masses on the glory of SMT and DMC. Mad respect, dude.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've never played a true SMT game before - my closest experience being Persona 5 even though I know there are extreme differences between the two series - but the aesthetics and tone of that SMT V trailer have me very intrigued. Really looking forward to playing it alongside the Nocturne remaster.

What would you guys say are the best games to jump into the series with while I wait? I own a PS3, PS4, 3DS, and Switch, so hopefully that covers a good chunk of what all is available.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I wonder how the DMC side feels about Dante likely not being in this version. At this point the guest spot in the pre-Maniax version felt like a strict temporary deal.
Maniax is the version we got- that has Dante. Maniax Chronicle was a pre-order bonus that swapped Dante with Raidou. There's very few differences other than that. It's likely that they used that version for the remaster because it wouldn't involve licensing Dante.

What would you guys say are the best games to jump into the series with while I wait? I own a PS3, PS4, 3DS, and Switch, so hopefully that covers a good chunk of what all is available.
IV is $20 on the eShop and a great entry point. Just make sure to get IV and not IV Apocalypse.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I've never played a true SMT game before - my closest experience being Persona 5 even though I know there are extreme differences between the two series - but the aesthetics and tone of that SMT V trailer have me very intrigued. Really looking forward to playing it alongside the Nocturne remaster.

SMT IV is a good entry point, and if you don't mind waiting then I recommend the Nocturne remaster coming up as an entry point as well.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in for support! I’m excited for SMT V and the Nocturne HD Remaster, and I’m all for an SMT character getting into Smash. Particularly Demi-Fiend, with the Shinjuku Hospital as his stage, including music from the Shin Megami Tensei series, especially Nocturne. Both originals and new remixes. I’d love to hear a Smash remix of Fierce Battle.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Can't wait for all the newbies who jump into the series out of curiosity/Smash and get to this point

1595293411947.png

Top Bottom