• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Per the latest SegaSammy report, Megami Tensei and Persona are now considered separate entities.

tensei.png

Interesting to note is they do not include the original two Famicom titles under Megami Tensei, likely because they were licensed works based off of a novel and Atlus may not have the rights to them anymore. I would say this bodes well for SMT in Smash, as not only does the Persona pack have zero representation, this is official confirmation that it is not repping the overall Megami Tensei franchise as it is a separate entity, contrary to what Reggie said in an interview. Now y'all have a retort for people saying Shin Megami Tensei is repped by Persona in Smash.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So, I've been kind of hiding from this thread as I feel like I have some egg on my face after Persona was depicted as just the Persona franchise in Smash, but ShadowLink's SourceGaming discussion inspired me to crawl out of my cave...

The idea of the 5th fighter's pass character being a MegaTen rep being revealed at the game awards is hilarious to me. Like, how is that for the ultimate parallelism? You could set up the trailer in a similar-ish way, misleading people into thinking it's just a general SMT trailer - which would be pretty believable with how overdue one of those is - then have another letter, just without the thief conceit. It would be very hype for me, even though it would likely result on the Smash Bros fanbase exploding with anti-hype...

I'm not entirely sure what I'd say about the actual likelihood of SMT non-echo character representation, but I'd be kind of shocked if the DLC cycles ended with no mainline SMT representation whatsoever, even if it's just that they throw in a SMTV Mii Costume whenever that game gets close to release (which, like, has to happen at some point, right?). The fact that Persona 5 Strikers will have some capability with Smash also makes me think that something Atlus will be coming down the line, if nothing else...

So, yeah, let's think positive! Something could still be happening...

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I'm glad you enjoyed! Honestly I think the lack of any SMT content in Persona is a good thing because it makes it pretty clear-cut that Joker is not representing SMT at all, leaving room for an SMT fighter like the Jack Bros or SMTV's protag, or even an SMT version of Hero.

ThugNanashi

Smash Rookie
I guess Jack Frost would be good or like you said Shadow SMT protagonists will be like kinda Hero for the skins i mean we can have aleph,demi fiend/Hitoshura and nanashi. I imagine Hitoshura's gameplay will be like a mix of Pokemon Trainer and Hero from Dragon Quest or if they add Jack Frost his gameplay can be like Duck Hunt ( for Pyro Jack like in the metroidvania of SMT ) or Ness because he use mostly Bufu and Hama if he add final smash he can call the others Frost like Megaman and maybe it will bring popularity to SMT in the West :)

For the osts of SMT in smash i would like to see :

amageish

Smash Master
I'm glad you enjoyed! Honestly I think the lack of any SMT content in Persona is a good thing because it makes it pretty clear-cut that Joker is not representing SMT at all, leaving room for an SMT fighter like the Jack Bros or SMTV's protag, or even an SMT version of Hero.
An SMT version of Hero is definitely the dream. It's unfortunate that there are 5 main protagonists (Hero, Aleph, Demi-fiend, Flynn, and Nanashi), but I'm sure they could figure out some way to make it work... Jack Bros would be cool, but that would give us two overall MegaTen reps and neither of them use summoning multiple demons as their main moveset, which would be slightly weird? It'd be cool, but also slightly weird...

Also, in what is clearly the most burning question about upcoming SMT games, do you think we'll ever get a full-fledged successor to Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue?

ThugNanashi

Smash Rookie
Maybe but one problem Aleph and SMT 1 protagonist have no MP xD ?
And for smt synchronicity prologue i would like to see a new jack bros game do you think a megaman like will be cool ?

amageish

Smash Master
And for smt synchronicity prologue i would like to see a new jack bros game do you think a megaman like will be cool ?
I mean, it's not like Smash is always especially faithful to its source material, but it's possible! Though, actually, ignoring those two could lead to a set of 4 heroes that mimics Hero pretty well...

Eleven = SMTV Protagonist, from an upcoming game for promotional purposes
Three = Demi-fiend, the fan-favourite protagonist
Eight = Flynn, the other fan-favourite protagonist from a 3DS game
Four = Nanashi, the protagonist from the game with a stronger focus on an ensemble cast

It's not perfect, but hey. It would work.

As for Jack Bros, I definitely could see a Mega Man style platformer, though I feel like they would likely expand on the Metroidvania format that the original Synchronicity was operating in... It would be also cool to get a remake of the original, as it is quite possibly stuck to the least accessible console (made by a major company) of all time.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It’d make more sense for them to use Magnetite since that relates directly to demon summoning.

As for the characters who get to be skins, Demifiend isn’t really compatible with the others since he’s a brawler and the others are always sword/gun/demon users. So that narrows it down to the other mainline protags and from there it’s easy to go with the ‘Messiahs’ (SMT1, 2, 4, 4A).

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I think the skins for an SMT hero would be SMTV, Flynn, Aleph, and The Hero (SMTI) as they all have the same arsenal, and have similar proportions. Flynn and likely V protag can use magic but they can retcon that onto old characters. Nanashi isn't a numbered game protagonist and is a lot smaller so I don't think he would work. Demi-fiend could work, he does summon an energy sword for some attacks, but he might work better as an echo fighter as he would require a massive animation rework likely, and he also has a pretty particular way of animating.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I don't think that Demi-fiend is too far-out given the standards Smash characters are held to for echoes/skins (I mean, does Dark Samus do a fraction of the Samus moves in Metroid Prime?), but he definitely could be skipped and/or relagated to later down-the-line echo fighter status. It does seem like a shame to skip him, as he's one of the most iconic SMT protagonists, but still.

Now, watch as the SMTV protagonist is somehow completely unique and ruins this plan altogether...

ThugNanashi

Smash Rookie
Speaking of Metroid Prime i listened some ost of SMT it reminds me metroid prime kinda :) guys imagine Raidou meets Joker it would be fun and i would like to see raiho as a skin of hee ho

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
For me, Demi-fiend is like the Dragon Quest V protagonist. I like their games in their respective series the most, but I wouldn't want to see them as skins or echoes of another character from the same series because their abilities are too different from pretty much every other protagonist of their series. I'd want to make them each a fully fledged unique fighter or at LEAST some kind of semi-clone with as many differences from their base as Wolf, Lucas, Luigi, or Isabelle have. Alternately I wouldn't want them in at all to avoid a Ganondorf situation.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
God, every time I listen to SMT OSTs my desire for them in Smash reignites. It's not just battle themes, either. A lot of the overworld themes would be fantastic as well. It's definitely deserving of the SNK "50 song selection" treatment. And you could easily hit that just sticking to mainline (ie numbered titles and mainline spin-offs like SJ, Nine without any separate sub-series) too.

Per the latest SegaSammy report, Megami Tensei and Persona are now considered separate entities.

View attachment 245723
I was thinking of just how many of those SMT sales would be downloads. Apparently SMT has "Approx. 17.4 million (Units / DL*3) (packaged and digital total) ". Dx2 hit 10 million downloads back in June, and this seems to use data from the 2019 fiscal year, so that puts SMT proper with at least 7 million~ total sales. We know SMTIV sold at least 600,000 copies worldwide thanks to Wikipedia/archived Famitsu. For reference, most decently selling SNK (specifically NeoGeo) games hit about 200,000, although they probably have crossovers that sold more.

SMT definitely has notoriety enough to get it's own fighter pack especially if being unique is more important than being recognized by everyone, and spawning so many different offshoots is deserving of it's own recognition (rather than simply being the most successful offshoot like Persona is). Just as someone might recognize Terry from everything BUT his original franchise, SMT demons have also gotten around enough that someone will go "oh, he summoned a Pixie from Persona/Raidou". I just hope Atlus and Nintendo both feel the same way rather than decide Joker is enough.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
It seems they've been listed as seperate entities back since SEGA acquired ATLUS, and the most recent pre-Dx2 sales we have are 7.2 mil circa their 2017 financial report:
SMT.png

As there were no games in FY 2017, that number did not increase from the previous year, but did increase .2 mil (around 200K) from FY 2015, which is the earliest number we have for the series Post-SEGA Acquisition:
smt2.png

This paints Apocalypse as selling Approximately 200K units overall, which was pretty good for a non-numbered MT sequel. These financial reports also show the stark growth of Persona though, which overtook MT after FY 2015. Due to MT, y'know, not having any games until SJR and Dx2. Unsure if Tokyo Mirage Sessions factors into those numbers.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was thinking of just how many of those SMT sales would be downloads. Apparently SMT has "Approx. 17.4 million (Units / DL*3) (packaged and digital total) ". Dx2 hit 10 million downloads back in June, and this seems to use data from the 2019 fiscal year, so that puts SMT proper with at least 7 million~ total sales. We know SMTIV sold at least 600,000 copies worldwide thanks to Wikipedia/archived Famitsu. For reference, most decently selling SNK (specifically NeoGeo) games hit about 200,000, although they probably have crossovers that sold more.

SMT definitely has notoriety enough to get it's own fighter pack especially if being unique is more important than being recognized by everyone, and spawning so many different offshoots is deserving of it's own recognition (rather than simply being the most successful offshoot like Persona is). Just as someone might recognize Terry from everything BUT his original franchise, SMT demons have also gotten around enough that someone will go "oh, he summoned a Pixie from Persona/Raidou". I just hope Atlus and Nintendo both feel the same way rather than decide Joker is enough.
One small problem; putting aside the usual issue of only adding one Sega-related character per Smash so far (until further notice), we just don't know how many fans supported a SMT character during the Smash 4 ballot, exactly. I'm not sure if we'll get another :ult_terry: case here.

It's a shame there's no Jack Bros. sequel, otherwise Jack Frost would have an easier time getting in.

Last edited:

ThugNanashi

Smash Rookie
Now i'm thinking if you want a stage from SMT which stage do you want ?

Amala Network or Diamond Realm

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Either plain ol' Tokyo or maybe the Cathedral of Shadows.

Tokyo would make for a neat travelling stage if it changed between the different versions (Vortex World with bizarre Mario Galaxy esque gravity in the core, above/below the dome in IV, rebuilt in II etc) but maybe they want to stay away from a setting that usually gets nuked whenever it appears.

The Cathedral of Shadows would allow for tons of demon cameos.
(the ominous thing is a Smash invite)
Basically the stage would be based around a demon fusion. The main stage and side pillars would raise as the fight goes on, with demon holograms on the side pillars that are fused into a demon that appears behind the main platform. The holograms are GIFs/animated images while the fusion results are full 3d models, to help with budgeting. If hazards are on, the fusion result will attack as well. The fusion takes about 75 seconds to happen. so you'll see two fusions in a 2:30 time match.
The fodder and results would all be Special Fusions, ie
  • Belial + Nebiros = Alice; casts Die For Me, adding temporary Danger Zones to the stage
  • Rangda + Barong = Shiva; casts Antichthon, causing an explosion similar to Hero's Magic Burst that damages and greatly debuffs anyone caught by it
  • Kin-Ki + Fu-Ki + Sui-Ki = Ongyo-Ki; copies itself so there's 4 of itself. Will attack everyone with physical moves. Can be attacked; if you attack the one with a shadow (ie the real one) it will spare you from harm
  • Jack Frost + Jack O' Lantern + Jack Ripper = Black Frost; sets one of the platforms on fire and covers the other in slippery, damaging ice
  • And so on

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I think they'd avoid making it Tokyo. They probably want to keep to fictional locations.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Also came up with a idea for a Demi-fiend mechanic that plays up Nocturne's customization and Press Turn system, that still has demon summoning elements.
Neutral Special is a joint Magatama Ingestion + Demon Summon. 3 out of 9~ options appear of joint Magatama+Demon combos. The Magatama and Demon share elemental weaknesses/strengths. For balance purposes they don't necessarily correspond to actual Magatama from Nocturne and simplify most elemental weaknesses to opposites (ie fire/ice, force/elec, light/dark). You can have one at a time and they add the following effects:
  • Vulnerability to a specific type of attack; more damage taken, and increases hitstun taken
  • Resistance to a specific type of attack; grants superarmor, reduces damage taken and your shield will reflect projectiles of that element
  • The demon adds their efforts to your attacks similar to Arsene. They have a weaker attack (for tilts and aerials besides neutral/back air) and a slow attack (for smashes/back air). They don't always gel well with Demi-Fiend's base animation
  • Side Special is changed to a spell from the demon
Examples might be
Jack Frost: weak fire, strong ice, quick attack is icebreath with low damage but some hitstun, slow attack is his windup punch with set knockback. Side Special is Bufula, like PK Freeze, focused on immobilizing foes.
Pyro Jack: strong fire, weak ice, quick is fire with decent damage but no hitstun, slow attack is lantern-flailing which sends them up slightly. Side Special is Maragion, which sets a length of stage on fire for an instant, basically free damage.
So on until the major elements (including physical, PSI, etc) are accounted for. Pixie is the default (ie you spawn with her). The trick comes not just from managing weaknesses/strengths, but also taking into account your demon's two moves. For instance, Frost's ice can help with combos on slower aerials, but his slow punch might knock people out of Smash attacks. Demi-fiend is generally slow (think his run speed in Nocturne, that's like Brawl Ganondorf slow) but strong so quicker demon attacks can help by time, prevent him from being zoned out, etc.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Also came up with a idea for a Demi-fiend mechanic that plays up Nocturne's customization and Press Turn system, that still has demon summoning elements.
Neutral Special is a joint Magatama Ingestion + Demon Summon. 3 out of 9~ options appear of joint Magatama+Demon combos. The Magatama and Demon share elemental weaknesses/strengths. For balance purposes they don't necessarily correspond to actual Magatama from Nocturne and simplify most elemental weaknesses to opposites (ie fire/ice, force/elec, light/dark). You can have one at a time and they add the following effects:
  • Vulnerability to a specific type of attack; more damage taken, and increases hitstun taken
  • Resistance to a specific type of attack; grants superarmor, reduces damage taken and your shield will reflect projectiles of that element
  • The demon adds their efforts to your attacks similar to Arsene. They have a weaker attack (for tilts and aerials besides neutral/back air) and a slow attack (for smashes/back air). They don't always gel well with Demi-Fiend's base animation
  • Side Special is changed to a spell from the demon
Examples might be
Jack Frost: weak fire, strong ice, quick attack is icebreath with low damage but some hitstun, slow attack is his windup punch with set knockback. Side Special is Bufula, like PK Freeze, focused on immobilizing foes.
Pyro Jack: strong fire, weak ice, quick is fire with decent damage but no hitstun, slow attack is lantern-flailing which sends them up slightly. Side Special is Maragion, which sets a length of stage on fire for an instant, basically free damage.
So on until the major elements (including physical, PSI, etc) are accounted for. Pixie is the default (ie you spawn with her). The trick comes not just from managing weaknesses/strengths, but also taking into account your demon's two moves. For instance, Frost's ice can help with combos on slower aerials, but his slow punch might knock people out of Smash attacks. Demi-fiend is generally slow (think his run speed in Nocturne, that's like Brawl Ganondorf slow) but strong so quicker demon attacks can help by time, prevent him from being zoned out, etc.
This is the Shulk + Joker combo I didn't know I wanted.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Back when Deep Strange Journey was being promoted, they had a music vote for most popular SMT songs.
==== TOP 50 ====
[2:19:16] No.050 - (SMT3) Metatron
[2:20:17] No.047 - (SMT1) Shop Lifting
[2:21:17] No.047 - (SMTj) A Scorched Nation
[2:22:18] No.047 - (IV:A) Large map
[2:23:20] No.046 - (IV:A) Battle - f2 (Mid-boss Battle)
[2:24:21] No.045 - (SMT4) Main Theme
[2:25:22] No.043 - (SMT3) Dante Appears
[2:25:49] No.043 - (SMT3) Final Battle
[2:26:52] No.041 - (SMTj) A Land Controlling Roads
[2:27:55] No.041 - (IV:A) Battle - f6 Godslayer
[2:28:56] No.040 - (SMT4) Battle - c5
[2:29:59] No.036 - (SMT2) Mid-Boss Battle
[2:31:00] No.036 - (SMT2) 2D: Makai
[2:32:02] No.036 - (SMT3) Fierce Battle
[2:33:04] No.036 - (SMT3) Beelzebub
[2:34:04] No.035 - (SMT4) Battle - a2
[2:35:05] No.034 - (SMT4) Battle - b4
[2:36:05] No.033 - (SMT1) Palace of the Four Heavenly Kings
[2:37:07] No.032 - (SMT3) Normal Battle ~Labyrinth of Amala~
[2:38:07] No.031 - (SMTj) Vehement Rage
[2:39:07] No.030 - (SMT3) Cathedral of Shadows ~Full Kagutsuchi~
[2:40:07] No.029 - (SMT3) World Map ~Last Area~
[2:41:08] No.028 - (SMT3) Title Loop 1
[2:42:08] No.027 - (SMT3) Toykyo Conception
[2:43:09] No.026 - (SMT1) Boss
[2:44:10] No.024 - (SMT4) Tokyo
[2:45:11] No.024 - (IV:A) Battle - f4 Divine Powers
[2:46:11] No.023 - (SMT3) Normal Battle ~Town~
[2:47:19] No.022 - (SMT1) Law
[2:48:19] No.021 - (SMT3) Boss Battle
==== TOP 20 ====
[2:50:39] No.020 - (SMT4) Battle - b2
[2:51:40] No.019 - (SMT3) Staff Credits
[2:52:40] No.018 - (SMT2) Cathedral of Shadows
[2:53:41] No.017 - (SMT1) Arcade Town
[2:54:10] No.016 - (SMT1) Kichijoji
[2:55:00] No.015 - (SMT1) Cathedral
[2:56:02] No.014 - (SMT3) Reason Boss Battle
[2:57:03] No.013 - (SMT3) Fiend
[2:58:04] No.012 - (SMT1) Title
[2:58:40] No.011 - (SMT2) 3D: Makai
==== TOP 10 ====
[3:00:30] No.010 - (SMT1) Ruins
[3:02:02] No.009 - (SMTj) The Fear of God
[3:03:32] No.008 - (SMT2) Battle
[3:05:03] No.007 - (SMT1) Battle
[3:06:33] No.006 - (SMT1) Cathedral of Shadows
[3:08:06] No.005 - (SMT3) Normal Battle ~Amala Network~
[3:09:37] No.004 - (SMT3) Dante Battle
[3:11:09] No.003 - (SMT1) Ginza
[3:12:40] No.002 - (SMT3) Title Loop 2
[3:14:12] No.001 - (SMT3) Normal Battle
Assuming we did get an SMT rep and they used this vote as the basis for Smash music... how satisfied would you be?

Easy Mode: Top 50 songs get in
Normal Mode: Top 30 songs get in
Hard Mode: Top 20 songs get in
Dante Must Die (For Taking A Song Slot) Mode: Only Top 10 get in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEs9SlPSogc

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Back when Deep Strange Journey was being promoted, they had a music vote for most popular SMT songs.
==== TOP 50 ====
[2:19:16] No.050 - (SMT3) Metatron
[2:20:17] No.047 - (SMT1) Shop Lifting
[2:21:17] No.047 - (SMTj) A Scorched Nation
[2:22:18] No.047 - (IV:A) Large map
[2:23:20] No.046 - (IV:A) Battle - f2 (Mid-boss Battle)
[2:24:21] No.045 - (SMT4) Main Theme
[2:25:22] No.043 - (SMT3) Dante Appears
[2:25:49] No.043 - (SMT3) Final Battle
[2:26:52] No.041 - (SMTj) A Land Controlling Roads
[2:27:55] No.041 - (IV:A) Battle - f6 Godslayer
[2:28:56] No.040 - (SMT4) Battle - c5
[2:29:59] No.036 - (SMT2) Mid-Boss Battle
[2:31:00] No.036 - (SMT2) 2D: Makai
[2:32:02] No.036 - (SMT3) Fierce Battle
[2:33:04] No.036 - (SMT3) Beelzebub
[2:34:04] No.035 - (SMT4) Battle - a2
[2:35:05] No.034 - (SMT4) Battle - b4
[2:36:05] No.033 - (SMT1) Palace of the Four Heavenly Kings
[2:37:07] No.032 - (SMT3) Normal Battle ~Labyrinth of Amala~
[2:38:07] No.031 - (SMTj) Vehement Rage
[2:39:07] No.030 - (SMT3) Cathedral of Shadows ~Full Kagutsuchi~
[2:40:07] No.029 - (SMT3) World Map ~Last Area~
[2:41:08] No.028 - (SMT3) Title Loop 1
[2:42:08] No.027 - (SMT3) Toykyo Conception
[2:43:09] No.026 - (SMT1) Boss
[2:44:10] No.024 - (SMT4) Tokyo
[2:45:11] No.024 - (IV:A) Battle - f4 Divine Powers
[2:46:11] No.023 - (SMT3) Normal Battle ~Town~
[2:47:19] No.022 - (SMT1) Law
[2:48:19] No.021 - (SMT3) Boss Battle
==== TOP 20 ====
[2:50:39] No.020 - (SMT4) Battle - b2
[2:51:40] No.019 - (SMT3) Staff Credits
[2:52:40] No.018 - (SMT2) Cathedral of Shadows
[2:53:41] No.017 - (SMT1) Arcade Town
[2:54:10] No.016 - (SMT1) Kichijoji
[2:55:00] No.015 - (SMT1) Cathedral
[2:56:02] No.014 - (SMT3) Reason Boss Battle
[2:57:03] No.013 - (SMT3) Fiend
[2:58:04] No.012 - (SMT1) Title
[2:58:40] No.011 - (SMT2) 3D: Makai
==== TOP 10 ====
[3:00:30] No.010 - (SMT1) Ruins
[3:02:02] No.009 - (SMTj) The Fear of God
[3:03:32] No.008 - (SMT2) Battle
[3:05:03] No.007 - (SMT1) Battle
[3:06:33] No.006 - (SMT1) Cathedral of Shadows
[3:08:06] No.005 - (SMT3) Normal Battle ~Amala Network~
[3:09:37] No.004 - (SMT3) Dante Battle
[3:11:09] No.003 - (SMT1) Ginza
[3:12:40] No.002 - (SMT3) Title Loop 2
[3:14:12] No.001 - (SMT3) Normal Battle
Assuming we did get an SMT rep and they used this vote as the basis for Smash music... how satisfied would you be?

Easy Mode: Top 50 songs get in
Normal Mode: Top 30 songs get in
Hard Mode: Top 20 songs get in
Dante Must Die (For Taking A Song Slot) Mode: Only Top 10 get in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEs9SlPSogc
Normal Battle ~ Town from Nocturne is one of my favorite songs in SMT ever cuz I really like the beginning as well as the transition into the usual Nocturne hard rock, so if they picked the top 30 I'd be very satisfied. That said I can deal with only having the top 20 and 10 as well.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I'd assume that if the Dante music got in they'd just rename them to "Raidou Battle" or something cause he used the same music.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
Before Joker’s reveal, if u told me we were getting an Atlus rep it would’ve been Demi-Fiend (or Jack Frost he-ho) so when Joker got in I was like ayyyyyy but no mainline SMT character is a bummer and I love Nocturne, so yeah sign me up as a supporter!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Lots of rumors suggesting we're seeing something from SMTV at last... might as well go all out and hope for an SMT rep to accompany it?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Lots of rumors suggesting we're seeing something from SMTV at last... might as well go all out and hope for an SMT rep to accompany it?
Hahaha, I wouldn't go so far as to expect that, but hopefully the rumor about SMTV news turns out to be true, though I have my doubts.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Been doing some studying for finals week, and I've been listening to this in the background in bits and pieces.

I don't think enough people appreciate the way the original tracks of SMT1 and SMT2 sounded on the Super Famicom. Most of the "extended" versions of tracks from the first game are just the PS1 versions, for example. The original SFC versions have this irresistible grit to them that feels so raw, and makes the atmospheric tracks (especially "Dream" from the first game) have a very arresting sound to them.

Figured I'd share this collection of the music here to listen through as you go through your day. It's always nice to appreciate the way old music sounds imho

amageish

Smash Master
I believe the SMTV Game Awards rumour comes from a 4chan post that has now been confirmed fake, as the KHIII news it said would be at the Game Awards was at today's State of Play...

That said, ATLUS is really running out of time if they plan on following through on their comment last year about showing SMTV in 2019...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I believe the SMTV Game Awards rumour comes from a 4chan post that has now been confirmed fake, as the KHIII news it said would be at the Game Awards was at today's State of Play...

That said, ATLUS is really running out of time if they plan on following through on their comment last year about showing SMTV in 2019...
I hope they release something on january so I can say we hit the 3 year anniversary of its announcement.

amageish

Smash Master
I hope they release something on january so I can say we hit the 3 year anniversary of its announcement.
I'd just like to see something sooner rather then later haha. I'm sure the memes would be legendary, but I'd like to see gameplay more then I'd like to see the SMT fandom continue to drive itself insane.

Granted, based on the last time Atlus teased a game with little to no news for years on end, we can at least expect Shin Megami Tensei V Royal to come out three years after the base game release? /s

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Ah damn, maybe next year bois"
-Idon 2017, 18, and 19.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Trauma Center is great. It's how I got into ATLUS to begin with. I particularly love the final installment, Trauma Team.

On a tangential note, the soundtracks for the series aside from Under the Knife 2 were composed by Megaten composers. So you have ultra hype stuff like this playing over surgery.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Trauma Center is great. It's how I got into ATLUS to begin with. I particularly love the final installment, Trauma Team.

On a tangential note, the soundtracks for the series aside from Under the Knife 2 were composed by Megaten composers. So you have ultra hype stuff like this playing over surgery.
SMT and Trauma Center had the same composers?

Okay, hear me out: a MegaTen-Trauma crossover, where you play as a surgeon and have to perform surgery... on the demons.

Eh? Eh?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Look forward to the mission where you transplant demon organs into the Chaos alignment rep who really wants to embrace power but isn’t comfortable jumping into a demon blender to gain it.

amageish

Smash Master
That's great to hear! Hopefully it won't be too weird to start with the middle entry...

Okay, hear me out: a MegaTen-Trauma crossover, where you play as a surgeon and have to perform surgery... on the demons.

Eh? Eh?
I mean, it wouldn't be the weirdest crossover between ATLUS properties by any means haha. I believe Trauma Center characters have already randomly appeared in Etrian Odyssey...

Top Bottom