• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Got a MM between Chi and I saved, 2-0 my favor in Marth dittos.

He's too aggressive. xD

Love ya Chi <3

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL I wish I had put more thought into those dittos. Funnily enough I'm normally way more campy. GGs, I don't think I was playing my best but no johns =)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

C.J.

Smash Master
How'd Raz/Croi do? I saw them lose to Zinoto/Shugo on stream but then I was out doing wedding things the rest of the day.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I had an awful day for cracking mentally. I'll talk more about it later, but I went 0-2 and just spent most of the day hanging with the people I came to visit, rather than money matching while tired and disappointed.

:phone:

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Shaya what rate does grab tapping refresh your moves? Is it 1 "refresh level" per a tap or in decimals? Also how fast do you press it to get the maximum amount of "refresh levels"? I can't find any specific threads on this.

clowsui

Smash Legend
The best part about that match to me was the stream chat. I saw everyone say that I was raging, but I wasn't actually mad LOL. My exclamations were more of "OMG WHEN WILL THIS END"

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya what rate does grab tapping refresh your moves? Is it 1 "refresh level" per a tap or in decimals? Also how fast do you press it to get the maximum amount of "refresh levels"? I can't find any specific threads on this.
I'm not sure of the specifics but if you pummel too fast then they all end up being considered only one refresh. Some magic number in my head is waiting 30 frames before repummeling but it may be even less.

There is a thread somewhere, try looking for grab break frame data or something, I believe it's a K-Prime thread (who's current name is Pikabunz or something?)

C.J.

Smash Master
IIRC, you need to wait for the animation to end instead of the IASA frames.

Something like that.

:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
I got 13th at Retribution losing to Shugo (Falco) and Delux (ICs).

I realllllly need help at the ICs MU. I know Marth's fair is supposed to push the ICs too far back to punish, but it seemed that every time I went airborne Delux would run underneath me and shield. Run in shield seems super powerful for ICs because if your spacing is off just a little bit you die from 0.

BTW, I'm really glad I asked about Lucas because I ended up playing Pinkfresh and beat him. Thanks to everyone who helped me with that MU as well! I'm really sad how I did in this tournament because I felt like I had a bad bracket for my personal experience with Marth. I was feeling really confident against all the Warios, Wolfs, and Diddys that were in the tournament, but instead I had to play Shugo, who has my anti-playstyle, and Delux- who doesn't drop a CG when I have zero ICs experience.

I feel like I'm improving really steadily with my Marth, but I need to specialize in the IC match up and figure out a way to beat Shugo. The Falco MU doesn't seem as cut and dry to me as it should. Shugo grabbed me wayyyyy too much by spacing his lasers and over Bs to keep me guessing. Then, whenever I would shield, he would grab me and deal a ton of damage (Shugo can CG to 50%+ and then mixup off it).

Does anyone know of good IC vs Marth videos to watch besides Mike and Vinnie?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
There's a video of Pierce kinda pooping on me back when I first started playing Kel. You could also pull some Europe vs. Myollnir, especially a lot of Leon I think.

But the one from brainshock is kinda outdated since it was before I kinda reined in what I wanted to do while playing. Also the two times I've played Marths and lost in tournament I ended up going to the hospital due to the illness I had come down with at the tournament during those sets (against Pierce and more recently getting 6 stocked by Mike at Revelations). No johns, but every other time I've played against Marth's in MM or friendlies or tournament I've done really well. Believe it or not yours was pretty difficult for me. I think it comes down to fair and landing precision since the frame advantage is there if done right. I actually wasn't running forward and shielding looking for a grab. I was running in and hoping you'd get nervous about running out of stage and then try to hit Nana lagging behind me from the grab setup cool down so I could run past and pivot grab you so I didn't have to worry about the fair. That situation only happened like once in our set. The rest were strictly mistake punishers iirc.

Mike is far and away the best at the MU though that I've played. From video, there was a recent set where Mr. R puts on a clinic as well also against Myo.

Edit: Just looked at that set I was thinking of, it wasn't Mr. R it was Leon still lol I think Myo told me that they haven't played yet in tournament.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So about Retribution.

I kinda ruined myself after I slept on the 3rd seed in my pool, lost 0-2, and almost got knocked out in a 3-way tie. Wasn't able to focus for the rest of the day.

What do you guys do to compartmentalize a loss? I find myself dwelling on it and my performance takes a huge hit if I lose something I feel I should have won. Like, I went 0-2 to Kain in pools and didn't care because I didn't expect to win, but that loss to the 3rd seed rattled the hell out of me.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I'm not sure of the specifics but if you pummel too fast then they all end up being considered only one refresh. Some magic number in my head is waiting 30 frames before repummeling but it may be even less.

There is a thread somewhere, try looking for grab break frame data or something, I believe it's a K-Prime thread (who's current name is Pikabunz or something?)
Thx for that link

Top Bottom