• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Got a list of available choices?

In isolation, the answer is easily RC/Brinstar if there's no fear of pocket MK, but that rarely happens.

C.J.

Smash Master
Let's do the gauntlet (Bo3 and Bo5):
3 starters + 3 CPs, what do you strike, CP, ban?
5 starters + 6 CPs (not Brinstar), strike, CP, ban?
7 starters + 6 CPs, strike, CP, ban (assume 2 bans for this one)?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Which starters? Varies heavily.

Be specific man. Some regions use FD only starting at 5, some only at 7+.

C.J.

Smash Master
The "standards"
FD/SV/BF + PS1/YI/LC
FD/SV/BF/YI/LC + PS1/Halberd/DP/Frigate/CS/RC
FD/SV/BF/YI/LC/PS1/CS + Halberd/DP/FO/RC/Brinstar/PS2

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The "standards"
FD/SV/BF + PS1/YI/LC
Strike FD, probably end up on BF for Game 1. (I think BF is worse than SV for us in this matchup due to difficulty getting off the ledge.)

Ban FD. CP Lylat, then essentially preference between the others.

FD/SV/BF/YI/LC + PS1/Halberd/DP/Frigate/CS/RC
Strike FD, BF/YI. IC strikes LC and then it's preference for the ICs at that point.

I'm aiming for Lylat, then Either SV or YI with those 5.

Ban FD, CP RC if not banned, after that Delfino, then it gets into preference (I'd lean to Frigate if comfortable, or CS if willing to run the timer)
FD/SV/BF/YI/LC/PS1/CS + Halberd/DP/FO/RC/Brinstar/PS2
Strike FD, BF, and whichever you hate more from YI/PS1.

CP RC/Brinstar if 1 ban, after that Delfino then preference as before.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Thoughts on what I should call my next thread? I'm thinking...Liquid Metal just cuz it sounds awesome and captures the essence of what I wanna convey. It will be a full on comprehensive guide on.......important stuff. Nothing you havent seen before but it will more or less be in one spot.

But I won't be making it for at least a month maybe two. Depends on certain factors.

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
nova 9, I use Marth and am known in my region.

Zano, I am that guy lol Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Raziek, those are usually nerves/hard reads.

Clowsui, I have good wins in my region just not great (nice name, it sounds cool).

PEACE7

Smash Champion
The platforms are in perfect position to help you land safely after upB, like lets say fair or nair to dolphin slash. Also we can apply good pressure when they are above us on a platform. Ftilt will always be tippered if you hit someone on a bf platform i believe. Now the platforms also help IC's get some stupid grab setups and we don't want to be above them since upair is ********. Oh and a good trick that works on a lot of characters in general is sideb 1 > nair > do an fsmash the opposite way your facing and it will always be tippered, I'm not sure if it works at really low percents but mid to high it always works at least for me and can get you really early kills. Oh and something neat that I don't see done enough is recovering from the ledge with a wavebounced side1 it's crazy good and sidebing the opposite way while your hanging from the ledge so that your back is facing towards the stage and do nair (But this one is a lot less safe).

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
The platforms are in perfect position to help you land safely after upB, like lets say fair or nair to dolphin slash. Also we can apply good pressure when they are above us on a platform. Ftilt will always be tippered if you hit someone on a bf platform i believe. Now the platforms also help IC's get some stupid grab setups and we don't want to be above them since upair is ********. Oh and a good trick that works on a lot of characters in general is sideb 1 > nair > do an fsmash the opposite way your facing and it will always be tippered, I'm not sure if it works at really low percents but mid to high it always works at least for me and can get you really early kills. Oh and something neat that I don't see done enough is recovering from the ledge with a wavebounced side1 it's crazy good and sidebing the opposite way while your hanging from the ledge so that your back is facing towards the stage and do nair (But this one is a lot less safe).
I agree. I feel more comfortable on BF than SV. I also like using jab 1 or 2 depending where they are positioned on the platform for BF.

Does the reverse nair allow you to land on stage? Is it a ledge hop to opposite side b to nair or ledge jump to opposite side b to nair?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Littlekuriboh once said you can't parody something you don't like.
I only dislike bronies, the show is fine.

As I've said before it's a pretty good show, overrated, but it's understandable given that it's humor style is what most of us grew up on, and it's pretty rare in this day and age.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I find battlefield a good stage to play ICs in after smashville because of how hard I try to condition things over in smashville and then bring out the gay on battlefield with the epicly different aerial timings and dropping from platform hijinx.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I agree. I feel more comfortable on BF than SV. I also like using jab 1 or 2 depending where they are positioned on the platform for BF.

Does the reverse nair allow you to land on stage? Is it a ledge hop to opposite side b to nair or ledge jump to opposite side b to nair?
You let go of the ledge by pressing back, sideb to the opposite side your facing so that marth turns and his back is towards the stage than jump and nair its not really safe but it works at times, try it in training mode and see if you like it.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
It can also be used to hit someone who is already offstage trying to recover, it works well against characters that have tether recoveries.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Battlefield is definitely the best stage against every character. lol

...except maybe wolf...

but idk, some people may like YI or LC more. I'm best with Marth on BF and SV

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Ike?!? nooo (isn't this MU like 7:3 anyway??)

Falco?!? noooo lol. Marth benefits 10x more from the platforms than Falco does, plus you can use the platforms to avoid laser camping, so this stage is especially good vs falco

Maybe ZSS but I won't concede any more. You should be able to out-platform-pressure ZSS at least the majority of the time (even though she could occasionally pressure with the plasma wire if you're falling above the third platform I guess)

I challenge you to name a character who benefits from BF more than Marth.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Quest, this isn't '08.

BF's not our best stage. It's good, but people need to break the mindset of "BETTER PICK BF". It's not a free win.

Like, a quick Laundry list of people I would NOT want to CP to BF:

MK
Snake
Diddy
Falco
ICs
Wario
Pikachu
Olimar

LIKE EVERYBODY.

Practically EVERYBODY I can think of somewhere else I'd rather go.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
Ike?!? nooo (isn't this MU like 7:3 anyway??)

Falco?!? noooo lol. Marth benefits 10x more from the platforms than Falco does, plus you can use the platforms to avoid laser camping, so this stage is especially good vs falco

Maybe ZSS but I won't concede any more. You should be able to out-platform-pressure ZSS at least the majority of the time (even though she could occasionally pressure with the plasma wire if you're falling above the third platform I guess)

I challenge you to name a character who benefits from BF more than Marth.

the Ike MU is not that one-sided, and he has more power on bf against us then we do against him. side-b to bair tricksies off the platform and other stuff. and quest, as for falco, the platforms provide laser set-ups, bair to laser lock, he can safely nair us we're on the platform and he's below, and it makes it harder to punish his recovery because he can use the platforms as more safe options. I would take both Ike and Falco to FD if SV is not an option

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Quest, this isn't '08.

BF's not our best stage. It's good, but people need to break the mindset of "BETTER PICK BF". It's not a free win.

MK
Snake
Diddy
Falco
ICs
Wario
Pikachu
Olimar

LIKE EVERYBODY.

Yeah, go to Smashville where... everybody but Wario does even better.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
lol of course I never said it was a free win, but I suppose the bottom line is personal preference. I have a very geometric way of thinking about and playing brawl so stages like YI, Lylat Cruise, and sometimes even PS1 put me at a slight disadvantage because of the unusual terrain (hint hint to those of you who face me in tourney xD ). I would definitely take all the characters you listed to BF.

Scare I see what you're saying but I think you're downright odd if you voluntarily CP FD on a Falco .-.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Quest, this isn't '08.

MK
Snake
Diddy
Falco
ICs
Wario
Pikachu
Olimar

LIKE EVERYBODY.

I guess I'm just weird I literally cp all of them except wario to bf. marth ***** all of them on that stage. idk if it's bc I'm aggressive or what, but if you ain't winning on bf u doin something wrong.

brinstar is a stupid stage. I never cp that stage. even against pika
:phone:

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
what region and are u pr

I am currently PR'd 7th in Ontario (Canada). I was 3rd, then switched to 4th with V115 (now 2nd) because I play him every tourney and gained a losing record vs him lol Sometimes in winners, losers, or both. Moved to 7th due to inactivity because of arm surgery.

I guess I'm just weird I literally cp all of them except wario to bf. marth ***** all of them on that stage. idk if it's bc I'm aggressive or what, but if you ain't winning on bf u doin something wrong.

brinstar is a stupid stage. I never cp that stage. even against pika
I agree with CPing to BF, but I would still like SV to be an option. Still, I feel more comfortable on BF just because it gives more options to pressure with all of Marth's moves.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
the Ike MU is not that one-sided, and he has more power on bf against us then we do against him. side-b to bair tricksies off the platform and other stuff. and quest, as for falco, the platforms provide laser set-ups, bair to laser lock, he can safely nair us we're on the platform and he's below, and it makes it harder to punish his recovery because he can use the platforms as more safe options. I would take both Ike and Falco to FD if SV is not an option
Edge slip on BF has no effect on Marth for laser locking, since he can tech/ jump/ Db1.
Most Falco can get is a Grab/ U-Tilt/ Jab/ F-Tilt.

And taking Falco to FD as Marth is a better choice than BF, since you remove Falco's ability to mix up his landings with platforms. It also removes Falco's ability to run from your F-Throw / D-Throw CG. You're able to Grab Falco if he does SH Nair to apply shield pressure from under. The only instance you're not able to grab Falco is when the Nair is fast fell, or you have bad reaction timing.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
the only thing falco can do to us on fd is laser spam and camp a little more because it's bigger, but powershield and a couple reads will take care of that

C.J.

Smash Master
>Finally goes to a tournament
>Forfeits round 3
>Doesn't get any sets recorded
Scumbag C.J.

Beat a random, lost to DRN and had to play a friend next. I had had the morning from hell and was exhausted so I just the them the win since they'd probably enjoy playing more than I would have at that point.

So the real question- what was my morning?

TNS was supposed to end about 2. Got done at 430
Got to a friend's to sleep about 5. Up at 630. I'm at this friend's all the time and parking was never problem. Somehow they managed to choose today to tow my car. Had to run 12 miles to the impound to get it back ($250)
90 Minute trip to the venue. By the time my round 3 match was up it was 9/930. I was just tired lol.

Besides I was overall happy with the day. Played vs 4GOD a lot, almost had comeback vs DRN One game (he's so good), MMd Ryo, beat him game 1, 2 stocked him game 2, got hell greedy G3 with DS G3, he read me hard G4 and G5 he was up a stock, got an awesome string into a super hard read with usmash and lost last stock 150ish%. Each game went about 6minutes and the Wii wasn't hacked :(
Also got to help a couple Marths a Kirby and got to talk to the GA people and Mink.

Had a good time overall.

Player-3

Smash Hero
ike beats marth

also sorry i couldnt come cj you should convince SFL to come to waba

also drn is a scrub his diddy loses to my falco and ike

Top Bottom