• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
And the lag's just a part of it! Albeit a big part. But the fact that it's rare to find actual serious players is at least a substantial part. As fun as games can be (ever hear 3 Marths down-taunt simultaneously? XD), they're... not all that beneficial, you know? :p Not to mention, all the matches are four-way item-heavy free-for-alls. XD

But in With Friends, yeah, lag kills. But when you can get a good connection, it's great. :D

Also, I've switched the c-stick from smashes to tilts/neutral attacks to try to break my fsmashing habit and start dtilting and utilting more. XD So far, it's helped slightly but my fsmash habit has turned into a ftilt habit. But I can break that, I think! Especially since fsmash is a no-no with ZSS but her dsmash is luff~ It's also slightly inconvenient to smash attack when I DO want to, but I think I can retrain that. Lastly, it's fun to not fastfall with every dair. :D /rambling

∫unk

Smash Master
its one thing to find ATs its another to find useful ATs

i hated wifi because most people took the results seriously... or they'd be like "oh well they were close even though its wifi" thinking they'd be close IRL

and the obvious stuff ofc

and most pros learned from tournies its much more rare to go pro from wifi but its possible

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Just finding ATs shows that you are capable of finding things most aren't aware of. Regardless of how useful they are. It also hints at a good understanding of the games mechanics, especially if done numerous times as I have.

And OK, I'll try to get in once it starts up again.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
what hes saying is smash lab doesn't just want general researchers, it's last on their list for what they're looking for atm. or whenever they open up admissions again

btw junk get on aim

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I believe that maybe Mr. Feardragon was maybe being a tad facetious.
I thought I was on the Marth boards. Figured you guys would get it. I guess wifi is alright for learning and practicing a few things but Neo did not get good on wifi....he's good on wifi because he's already good....>>

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Don't rub it in :/

tbh, i don't really know how to go about getting in. theres no thread about it now like there used to be.

*Doomblaze: I have like 10 for brawl, dont make me start digging up URLs xD
This isn't rubbing, this is being annoyed at the injustice of the world.

It's probably cause you're a Marth main, I hear that Smash labs don't like Marth Main.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
wtf? there's 3 marth mains in there lol
I know, I was kidding.

That's why I said, it was too ridiculous for anyone to think I meant it.

*remembers that this is the internet, and nothing you can say is too ridiculous for at least somebody to actually believe it*

Roxas M

Smash Master
I thought I was on the Marth boards. Figured you guys would get it. I guess wifi is alright for learning and practicing a few things but Neo did not get good on wifi....he's good on wifi because he's already good....>>
wifi is good for practicing but not good for getting better. i know this personally. i only play online or cpu's. i don't know anyone else irl that plays brawl. so i can't get any better with marth.

∫unk

Smash Master
against noobs i think

but i agree with u bengals i found an AT that lets me change my boxers faster with a cast on while immobile on a bed

god im an AT master

∫unk

Smash Master
ayen that is a tight pic howd u get it

and fear ofc im teaching u everything including the hoodies indoors mindgames and how to survive when you get launched out of a car at 80mph

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I don't have anything quite as useful as that one yet o_O

But umm... with one of mine you can dash in place, thats cool too right?

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
I take the screenshot with the camera hack and i told to my friend edit the pic and do a cool avatar.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
ayen that is a tight pic howd u get it

and fear ofc im teaching u everything including the hoodies indoors mindgames and how to survive when you get launched out of a car at 80mph
Woo! I'm going to learn how to West Coast DI to tech....from cars!
And I am already working on my indoor hoodie mindgames against the computer. But I think I need to get better at them before they have a visible effect.

Ayen, is that picture even from the game?

C.box

Smash Journeyman
When marth is in kill range even though he doesn't have a RELIABLE killer (like snake with utilt) he has more of... situtaional killers since he can't just throw them out on occasions.

With that said I think a thread should be made on the kill percentages for the characters to killed by our kill moves like tipper nair, bair, dsmash, usmash, utilt etc.

Idk, I didn't find any thread on that and I think it would be a good idea to have :/

I can do the testing really but I just wanted to see what you guys thought of the idea, soo..

yes? no? idc?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tipper nair - 50%

Tipper nair is amazing. It's like forward smaaaashhhhhhhhhhh but has no ending lag... to pro.

And it's as situational as baiting something minor into a dancing blade upwards or an fthrow to be reeping the benefits of the sexy neutral air.

C.box

Smash Journeyman
Tipper nair - 50%

Tipper nair is amazing. It's like forward smaaaashhhhhhhhhhh but has no ending lag... to pro.

And it's as situational as baiting something minor into a dancing blade upwards or an fthrow to be reeping the benefits of the sexy neutral air.
I <3 nair too but against smaller characters it's sorta difficult to tip.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Tipper nair is fun, especially when the first hit on their shield makes them slide off a platform into the second hit.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Tipper nair - 50%

i like tipping my nair from behind. it usually kills at about 90%

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Shaya, you really should make some "spare the fair, share the nair" T-shirts to hand out to your converts for Nair(w/e the rest is)ism. Oh, and nair is sexier when reversed. Ppl expect a bair and they airdodge the first hit only to be tipped in their face by the grand finale.

Edit @ above post: Cheater, i was gonna say that first....

Roxas M

Smash Master
Shaya, you really should make some "spare the fair, share the nair" T-shirts to hand out to your converts for Nair(w/e the rest is)ism. Oh, and nair is sexier when reversed. Ppl expect a bair and they airdodge the first hit only to be tipped in their face by the grand finale.

who me? and i'm a nair convert.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Neutralairianity.

I'm a Neutralairian, are you?
(lol Neutral Aryan :|)

Yes, the backwards hit of nair is quite the awesome too. It hits so high up.

Don't hate on Fair though, it's still apart of the Old TESTament. Just read and prayer to your Lord daily; and read the psalms by Jab and DB1.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
against noobs i think

but i agree with u bengals i found an AT that lets me change my boxers faster with a cast on while immobile on a bed

god im an AT master
Vids or it didn't happen!

Wait, on second thought, I don't I want proof for this AT.

I used to think nair was cool, but only a situational killer.

Then me and Shaya got into a conversation about it's technical benefits in a thread about who's moves can kill the best. I'm like, "Really, I didn't know you could use nair like that".

And then I became a convert.

*loves nair*

NAIR CANT SAVE YOU NOW!!!
Oh, you think that's hard, I'm just the scrub opponent, that's your next opponent over there.

*points at M2K*

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Neutralairian, are you?
Shaya I'm a Neutralairadian thank you very much. By the way I really need to practice the Grab Release to Nair on MK. I just can't seem to get it to work, and tipper Nairs are too awesome to pass up.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
for the record, i only used MK for MK dittos, except for when i played tyrant and havok. didn't feel like playing marth against scrub MKs
Isn't it funny how easy it is to **** MK mains with their own character when they have somewhat of a chance vs your Marth if they have some gay tactic or get a lucky gimp

rooooofl

Top Bottom