• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe ☆ Super Mario 64 ☆

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Its funny how the "So long, ____ Bowser" discussion has spread all over the internet. It just shows how bad the sound quality was that people have yet to come to a conclusion. Still, I guess it doesn't really matter what he says since we'll all likely continue to say it the same way (regardless of if it turns out to "eh" or "king").

UberMario

Smash Master
Which one? Cool Cool Mountain (the one where all the sides are abysses and there's a cabin) or Snowman's land? (the giant snowman)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I guess it's Cool Cool Mountain then, but there was a giant snowman in Cool Cool Mountain too, wasn't there?

I also enjoyed finding the owl.

-Terywj

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah, there was an owl and a giant snowman (but not fifteen stories tall like in SL) there at CCM.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Personally, I found Tick Tock clock to be a pretty good stage. However, I found Tiny-Huge Island and Whomp's fortress to be the best stages.

UberMario

Smash Master
Tick Tock Clock is so fun to mess with using the grandfather clock you enter with, but man is it tedious using the stylus in the DS version.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I need to 120 star the DS version. It has a couple different stars and I haven't played this game in a while so It'll be interesting.

The mario series is definitely my favorite series to 100%

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Tick Tock Clock is a pain when you need to get certain stars. Sometimes I barely missed the time for all the gears to be frozen. Last time I played through the game, I ended up getting the 8 red coins with all the gears moving. It was a pain, but I was tired of messing up the hands.

UberMario

Smash Master
Tick Tock Clock is a pain when you need to get certain stars. Sometimes I barely missed the time for all the gears to be frozen. Last time I played through the game, I ended up getting the 8 red coins with all the gears moving. It was a pain, but I was tired of messing up the hands.
You can stand right next to the entrance, that way you can walk in exactly when you intend to.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Tick Tock Clock was always the most challenging level for me... and probably the level I remember the least of. It was a fun course, but it was just ridiculous sometimes.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
What was everyone's last star to get the first time you completed the game all the way, if you remember?

Mine was in the Secret Slide. It took me about 5 years to figure out that Princess Peach's Secret Slide had another Star hidden in it, lol.

T-block

B2B TST
I'm pretty sure it was Rainbow Ride 100 coins.

In fact, that tends to be the last star on all of my playthroughs. It's just something I avoid for as long as possible =x

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
My last star to get the first time I completed the game was finding the 8 red coins in Bowser in the Sky.

Yep yep, always last.

Though recently, the last star was from the Toad in the area after the spiraling stairs. I completely forgot he existed, so I got to final Bowser, was confused for a second, and went to go find him.

Jonas

Smash Champion
What was everyone's last star to get the first time you completed the game all the way, if you remember?

Mine was in the Secret Slide. It took me about 5 years to figure out that Princess Peach's Secret Slide had another Star hidden in it, lol.
Lol me too. I played the DS version first though, and after 149 I hadn't figured that one out :V

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Getting the star Stomp on Thwomp in Tick Tock Clock with having time stopped is one of my favorite challenges.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Getting the star Stomp on Thwomp in Tick Tock Clock with having time stopped is one of my favorite challenges.
I did that last I played. And got 100 coins that same run. Was pretty godlike, had a close call where I fell but luckily grabbed a ledge somewhere. I think I had all the gears moving at the fastest speed, too, if they change speed.

I'll be recording a playthrough of mine sometime, since I found my device. You all can see how much I fail. :laugh:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I recently got a N64 and have been playing SM64 over the weekend.

I started on Friday and I'm on 100 stars, just playing here and there for a couple of hours. I was on a phone to a friend and she was like how many stars have you got. I told her I had 100 and she didn't believe me lol.

But 120 stars in 2 hours? **** lol makes me feel like crap.

Game is still so great, even when it's lost some of its difficulty.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
After downloading this for the Virtual Console today, I nearly felt like crying when I went into the first level :')

Man, it feels so weird getting past the first couple of levels, considering that the last time I played this I was like 5 before I gave it away to some poor relatives of mine.

Lol, and it feels funny going through Boo's Haunt and not have a morbid fear of it like I had 9 years ago :laugh:

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
i like bob-omb battlefield on DS and 64!! i kill yoshi's there and setting yoshi's on fire!!!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
WTF is your problem? :urg:
Dude this guy's just trolling. Don't listen to him and hope that the mods will ban him

Man, my favorite world has to be the mountain level or Jolly Roger Bay.

Those worlds are just so beautiful. Man, how I hope for them to remake 64 for the Wii. Screw that bull**** on the DS, because I played and the controls are as inconvenient as ****. I mean a 64 game on the Wii that is almost like 64, give it a couple of additions like 64DS, but not new characters that I'll most likely not use like Yoshi and Wario. Instead we should make Yoshi ridable. When? I have no idea. Either we incorporate him in a couple of levels, ride him only when the game has finished, or after all the stars. Imagine a SM64 that has the graphical capabilities of the Wii. Imagine a game that has so much background shrowded in mist, now revealed to perfection. As beautiful as SMG2's visuals were.

Can we imagine that? Oh how I hope for that. Bad thing it's never gonna happen -_-

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
My favorite level was probably either Hazy Maze Cave or Wet-Dry World. Both were loaded with secrets and were always fun to replay. Also that Boo's Mansion level scared me when I was a kid :urg:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
My favorite level was probably either Hazy Maze Cave or Wet-Dry World. Both were loaded with secrets and were always fun to replay. Also that Boo's Mansion level scared me when I was a kid :urg:
God how I hate them both

And I had a morbid fear of Big Boo's Haunt XD

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
The killer piano at Big Boo's haunt terrified me for years.

I got over it though.

UberMario

Smash Master
I doubt SM64Wii will happen, because it's been on the virtual console for years. A 3DS remake isn't too likely either due to the port of Super Mario 64 for the DS being compatible.

And Mad Piano FTW! They need to bring it back, along with the Bookends.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The killer piano at Big Boo's haunt terrified me for years.

I got over it though.
Dude, the fact that the background was pure red and darkness and the evil look of the mansion, just scared me enough to get the **** out of there XD

Also, has anyone noticed how similar Big Boo's Haunt is to Luigi's Mansion?

T-block

B2B TST
For the first five years of owning that game I never went into Big Boo's Haunt. Even when I went through the door leading to the basement in the castle I turned and dropped down the stairs as quickly as I could because I didn't wanna see the Boo in the hallway lol.

Yeah I was kinda traumatized by Big Boo in SMW as a kid <_<

UberMario

Smash Master
I felt the same way for that Boo in the hallway. Took me several days to realize it wouldn't kill Mario with it's stare.

T-block

B2B TST
It seriously creeped me out.

Whenever I started a game and wanted to head to the basement first, I'd jump into the moat after it was dried out and I'd enter through that door.

Oh man....good times.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Looooool

I had the guts to go to the back garden with the boos.

I didn't have the guts to stay in Big Boo's Haunt for an entire star search... the piano just stamped the stay away sign on my little boy mind

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I got like 3 of the Stars in Boo's Haunt, after that, aaaaaaa

My real fear was Shifting Sand Land. I HATED the bird.

Top Bottom