• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
the tournament tommorrow at 2pm in the towne east mall is now a melee tournament
im hearing rumors that there will be like 50 people
goodluck to whoever coming

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
I see... I was one of the guys playing gears of war and was actually better than the owner... and I've never played 360 before that. Anyways... what Gamestop you going to for the tourney?

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently in rehab for Brawl, because I basically binged on it over the past few weeks.

But I'm planning a break out hopefully before Saturday, so expect me and Olimar to make a cameo to the STD... and I guess I'll tell Nynja about it also (he's also trying to recover, but who are we kidding).

Deuces.
I take full responsibility for Nynja
=D

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
is it march 9th yet?
i wish

man sat was an awesome day of smash...won me the gamestop tournament then went over to prisms for some good matches and played some online matches too. i thought online brawl might of sucked but i must say it was quite fun and impressive !

so who is all going to the march 8th midnight tournament???

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely goin! I think I read that the prize of the store champion is a free copy of Brawl. And since I need to pay off some other stuff to, saving fifty bucks sounds pretty nice.

Saturday was great. I got ***** throughout, but I'm not counting wins/loses until the GS tourney. Online will get better once US servers open. Hopefully we wont have 3 seconds of lag. Attackstorm, did you stay long enough to see "chu dats" crouch taunt? funny stuff.

Prism, thanks for havin me over. Really glad I got my hands on brawl before the tournament.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Thanks for coming *******s.

I guess I'll need to start having smash on wednesday and go to KC on saturday instead.
lol weds is ussually a good day for me, playing KC online is an option too!...but anyway sat was too fun even with us 4. dont feel like u gotta go there to get better...well it would help but there are ppl here who want to train and get better atleast i know i do. like i said im serious about this getting good stuff..

***edit well actually it may be a good idea...if thats what u want to do power to ya! i may go occasionally too sometime in the future

I'm definitely goin! I think I read that the prize of the store champion is a free copy of Brawl. And since I need to pay off some other stuff to, saving fifty bucks sounds pretty nice.

Saturday was great. I got ***** throughout, but I'm not counting wins/loses until the GS tourney. Online will get better once US servers open. Hopefully we wont have 3 seconds of lag. Attackstorm, did you stay long enough to see "chu dats" crouch taunt? funny stuff.

Prism, thanks for havin me over. Really glad I got my hands on brawl before the tournament.
so you really do keep track of every single match you win or loose??? wow that's too good

K

K0nnstantine

I know its only a few more days away, but I really dont think I can wait that long... Hopefully the week goes by fast.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I know its only a few more days away, but I really dont think I can wait that long... Hopefully the week goes by fast.
heck ya!! about time its actually coming out

i call around 3am to go smash but apparently by STD it means stop smashin at 1 or 2am...

lol...i say we should try this again like spring break or summer...id def play the whole night then

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
arktic....thats not somthing you broadcast lol. for the tourny though the rules are 1min, items, only battlefield, and default characters. they might even make u use their controllers...

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
items? that's gay...there will be a huge luck factor in this tournament dang...i must come up with a strategy

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
arktic....thats not somthing you broadcast lol. for the tourny though the rules are 1min, items, only battlefield, and default characters. they might even make u use their controllers...
they are, i talked to gamestop yesterday. we have to use the wiimote and nunchuck they provide.

EDIT: they say theyre doing this to level the playing field for everyone

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
man this is going to be MGC all over again...cept worse! lawl....its goin to be a rough night for peeps who cant adjust/ dont plan on using the wii mote n chucks...
hopefully i can talk to the store managers (i know them personally) and they will let me and my crew use our GC Controllers

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
they are, i talked to gamestop yesterday. we have to use the wiimote and nunchuck they provide.

EDIT: they say theyre doing this to level the playing field for everyone
hey sup, when did you say that WSU brawl tournament was again?

hopefully mprism or nynja holds a smashfest this week so i can get more practice with the wii mote and chuck hahaha...this gamestop tourny will be rough with out a doubt

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it would be cool to get my hands on Brawl again. I would probably bring my own controllers since I can't talk GS out of using the combo controls (she was sooo close to breaking too). Anyways. Just a few more days until release! At time of posting: around 4 days, 1 hour, and 43 minutes... in now

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
hey sup, when did you say that WSU brawl tournament was again?

hopefully mprism or nynja holds a smashfest this week so i can get more practice with the wii mote and chuck hahaha...this gamestop tourny will be rough with out a doubt
the WSU brawl tourney will be April 25 at 12:30 in the RSC. it will only be open to WSU students.

dont worry, im not organizing it personally... after what happened to the last one i tried to do lol. its gonna be hosted by WSU Student Activities Council (SAC).

also i found out that allegedly every gamestop gets to choose what controllers are gonna be used at their location. im gonna go to gamestop here within an hour; ill update you guys once i found out whats really going on.

and attackstorm, if you have a smashfest let me know; i definitely need some practice :laugh:

EDIT: went to gamestop and discussed controllers. they will NOT BUDGE; we wont be able to use anything other than the wiimote/nunchuck setup.

also, its almost completely certain that we wont be able to use any unlockable characters. they said they arent gonna mess with the game until tournament time.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
He he, almost completely certain? Wonder what would happen if we just brought all of our controllers anyway.

And nice meeting you affinity, chance encounters are always fun.

Attackstorm - how's it going finding a main for the Tourney? I know you were talking Samus but you seemed sad about it. Personally I liked Zelda, I might go with her or someone like Kirby or someone who has multiple jumps.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
idk man....gosh...probly samus or Zsamus for me...and btw i may be attending your store so hopefully ur not too mad...lol..i blow with the wii remote and nunchuck they are complete and utter garabage.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
Yup, all the engine abuse tactics are out, unless it's some of the stuff like that roll throwing cancel thingy. You know the one where if your holding an item, then when you roll and C-stick immediatly afterwards you'll throw the item and just glide the rest of your roll distance. you can't attack out of it, but it's a glitch in the game.

Attackstrom - You heard about Falco's nerf in the US version? dmbrandon has a thread on it in General, but you probably check out the Falco boards and have heard of it. Just checkin though. Also, it's cool if you come to Maize, as long as you take small bribes and plan on failing.

Fun fact: I've been playing some 1min matches in Melee with Zelda to get a feel for her character and its funny, i get a kill in the first like 20sec and then get owned the rest of the match, but never die.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
It's pressing L right before you land and after doing an aerial attack. It drastically reduces lag from those attacks that would otherwise have left you vaunerable from heavy punishment. But that's in Melee, In brawl, it's out

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Yup, all the engine abuse tactics are out, unless it's some of the stuff like that roll throwing cancel thingy. You know the one where if your holding an item, then when you roll and C-stick immediatly afterwards you'll throw the item and just glide the rest of your roll distance. you can't attack out of it, but it's a glitch in the game.

Attackstrom - You heard about Falco's nerf in the US version? dmbrandon has a thread on it in General, but you probably check out the Falco boards and have heard of it. Just checkin though. Also, it's cool if you come to Maize, as long as you take small bribes and plan on failing.

Fun fact: I've been playing some 1min matches in Melee with Zelda to get a feel for her character and its funny, i get a kill in the first like 20sec and then get owned the rest of the match, but never die.
im not sure if falco is really nerfed that guy may be just seeing things. I havnt seen any proof at all about this and i havn't seen it anywhere in the falco forums.
Whats L-Canceling?
guys its just one of the if not the best brawl player in wichita in n00b disguise...

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
nostalgic inspired me im going to keep track of my tournament record

Top Bottom