• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“The Chum Bucket” Sheldon J Plankton Support Thread

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Introducing none other than…
Sheldon J Plankton

While we already have Spongebob Squarepants characters such as Patrick, Sandy, and Spongebob himself, if we were to get a fourth character, the best choice in my opinion is the minuscule yet mighty, handsome yet devious Sheldon J Plankton!

Plankton’s reaction to this thread in real-time

Sure, Squidward is probably the most popular choice given how iconic he is and his squidakward moveset would be quite interesting. That being said, Plankton would be quite an interesting choice. He would obviously be a Mech user similar in the same vein as Bowser Jr. However, I kind of see him a bit similar in regards to Steve/Villager with the ability to create and build contraptions to destroy his opponents. He wouldn’t need a harvest mechanic like Steve but, rather, maybe relies on acquiring Chum or a meter to build certain contraptions. Or maybe like Villager where he can just bring out the parts and construct them piecemeal.

A downsize version of the Plantonmech

His attacks could be lifted from his appearances in Spongebob Squarepants. This includes explosive devices, his amoeba pet, tanks, and robot Spongebob. I think Plankton could be very interesting and despite his appearance, would be a tricky heavy weight with hard hitting and deceptive attacks. He always overdoes his plans and under them lies deceptions and guile (to an extent) in order to get the Krabby Patty formula.

His pet amoeba could aid in attacks. He did before against monster worms

While this isn’t exactly how Plankton would 100% play as, I am interested in hearing other ideas what Plankton would bring. In addition, as we know, each character has a home stage so what would Plankton’s stage be?

Plankton’s past reaction to not getting in the launch roster. Let’s rectify this

Let’s all show our lovable one-eyed entrepreneur dictator some much need love and support!

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
NASB has a disturbing lack of villains, and Shredder should NOT be the only one on the docket. Plankton, Shredder, Vlad, and maybe Azula if we don't get Zuko.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
NASB has a disturbing lack of villains, and Shredder should NOT be the only one on the docket. Plankton, Shredder, Vlad, and maybe Azula if we don't get Zuko.
I completly agree i mean i would take Zuko atleast he WAS a Villain so its atleast some representation but yeah Plankton go!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They'd have to get really creative to make him work.
The sizes of SpongeBob character all have to be messed with in crossovers anyway, not just Plankton. The series has always had hints that SpongeBob and co. are the size of actual sponges, starfishes, etc.

Top Bottom