• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“STOOP KID STEPS OFF” - Stoop Kid Support Thread

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Welcome to the
Stoop Kid Support Thread!
884f2f2a-56f6-4c75-91ed-d431ae3015e0-jpeg.341981.jpg

“I think I can! I think I can!”

Who?
Stoop Kid was a major one-off character in the hit Nickelodeon cartoon, “Hey Arnold!”. Stoop Kid first appeared in the episode titled with his own name. Stoop Kid has been known to get aggressive at people who pass by his stoop or insult him. According to Gerald (Arnold’s best friend), Stoop Kid was abandoned on that Stoop since he was a child and lived on that same stoop ever since. That story is definitely up for debate, but it looks like there is some kind of truth through Gerald’s tale.

Stoop Kid’s episode starts with Arnold accidentally kicking his football over to Stoop Kid’s stoop. Unfortunately for Arnold and his friends, Stoop Kid doesn’t want to give the football back to them. Arnold stakes out Stoop Kid’s stoop, only to discover that he never leaves. This gives Arnold the idea to grab the football real quick while Stoop Kid is distracted and his plan works. His plan succeeds, but then the other kids realize that they don’t have to live in fear, since Stoop Kid never leaves his stoop, causing the kids to make fun of him.

Later, Arnold walks by and discovers Stoop Kid crying to himself. For the rest of the episode, Arnold helps Stoop Kid overcome his fear and not have to live on that stoop for the rest of his life. The episode ends with Arnold inspiring Stoop Kid to get up and go wherever he wants. He stayed at his stoop most of the time afterward, but later left to go exploring the world’s biggest stoops. Stoop Kid is seen by many to be one of the most iconic Hey Arnold episodes and one of Arnold’s greatest helpful moments.

Stoop Kid’s Importance to Hey Arnold & Nickelodeon
Stoop Kid may not be on the level of Arnold himself or SpongeBob, but he is still an iconic Nickelodeon character to some degree. He has made small cameos in different scenes throughout the rest of the series. He even returns in a small speaking role in Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie, while looking at all of Arnold’s past good moments. The Splat, one of Nickelodeon’s program blocks, even had an entire week dedicated to Stoop Kid, I’m not joking. Stoop Kid even got his own song from the event. You can find clips of the event below.

Moveset Potential?
Throughout the years of fighting games, there have been tons of unexpected characters with unique movesets, Stoop Kid is no different. Stoop Kid has been known to get aggressive at people who pass by his stoop or insult him. It’s not out of character for him to fight. Stoop Kid would probably need gimmicks to make him stand out. Maybe somehow, he could incorporate the Stoop and lawn chair into a moveset. He could use random items that ended up on his stoop from over the years. If anyone has any moveset ideas, feel free to share your ideas down below!
7ED081B1-6A8C-462E-8A29-1A9A04C57904.png

List of Supporters
evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Top Bottom