• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“Sorry I’m late...” Magnus for smash support thread!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
THE STRONGEST HUMAN ALIVE
MAGNUS CRASHES THE PARTY!
1A02652F-1947-494F-9AAE-B21C2E909F81.jpeg

OVERVIEW
Magnus is a side character from the 2012 Nintendo 3DS game Kid Icarus Uprising! He appears in three chapters of the game, one of which he is playable! Magnus is a somewhat series man as he cracks a couple jokes and is pretty sarcastic! He wields a large sword/cub weapon and can swing it with ease! He’s considered the one of the most powerful human characters in Kid Icarus as he can go toe-to-toe with the underworld army! His past is a bit of a mystery, but we know he is a mercenary and has connections with a boss character named Gaol.

WHY SHOULD YOU CARE
Magnus might seem like a simple throwaway side character, but he’s much more than that. Magnus was a pivotal character in Kid Icarus Uprising’s marketing and was an assist trophy in Smash 4! Magnus is not an assist is ultimate so now’s his chance! He’s a Sakurai character too so that gives him an upper hand I think! He appears in more than one chapter as stated before, so that must mean something right?

PLAYSTYLE
Here’s the best part! Magnus would be a fast heavy character with big disjoints and powerful attacks! Sounds too good to be true right? You are right! Magnus would have NO projectiles. He his purely a melee combatant just like in Uprising. His attacks would be slow to compensate for their power. His fastest moves would probably be dash attack (a quick running spin kick) or back air or forward air (a quick horizontal slice). Being fast, heavy, and having strong disjoints all in one character is pretty unique for Smash I think! We need more good heavy characters for sure!

STAGE
Dark Lord Gaol’s castle (chapter 2 in Kid Icarus Uprising)

I hope I did this right! Come join the Magnus posse!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Hey guys! I hope I did this supper thread thing right! If anything needs to be changed I’ll gladly do it! I really do think I’m the only Magnus supporter out there:laugh: Why do you want Magnus in smash?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I guess it really is just me
"Sorry I'm late...", but now you can make that two. I'd be down for Magnus, though Medusa remains my first choice for a new Kid Icarus character. It's honestly hard to say who they'd go for next if we did get another character. Medusa, Magnus, Viridi, and Hades all seem to be solid contenders with, perhaps not even, but fairly closely sized support bases.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Eh, Magnus is cool and all despite how little presence he's given in the story, but I still think Medusa or Viridi should get their chance before he does.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Awesome! I was starting to feel the only one! Glad everyone joined!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I just can’t wrap my head around why Magnus wasnt included as an assist trophy this game. We don’t have a mobile heavy hitter assist trophy in the game. Though the same could be said for Elec man. Why make an assist trophy and completely remove the model? The difference with Elec man I think is that his model seemed to reus megaman’s assets, but who really knows. I’m just hoping Magnus is playable!

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Well, we got six more chances people! Hope to see the man in the next pass! Here’s hoping!:)

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Now that we know spirits don’t deconfirm characters (I always knew that) Magnus definitely has a shot! I’m excited for the road ahead!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
More old info, since Min Min is using her model from arms, that means reusing models isn’t off the table! So they could just use Magnus’s model from Smash 4 and badda bing badda boom he’s a fighter! I always thought it was weird that he isn’t an assist trophy in this game. There’s no one quite like him in the assist roster, the closest I can think of is Black Knight or Rodin. Both are heavy hitters, but BK is very slow and Rodin has WAY bigger hit boxes. So very strange

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Rodin has a dive kick and gives an item after he leaves. Another assist comparison is Zero. Big sword, fast, strong, but has a lot more moves. These examples are all NEW assists that could’ve been seen superior to Magnus’s abilities as an assist or made him redundant. This is just me talking out my ass though, who really knows the reason he was cut from the assist position? Was he planned as a fighter at one point? Maybe he was in the DLC list? Voice actor complications? Too many questions that may be unanswered forever.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Been replaying kid Icarus Uprising since I got a new cartridge. The stand it comes with is very nice! Anyway, I got a Magnus card which is great! Now I’m just playing up till I can get the Magnus club and grind for a really powerful one and use it for a while!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Well, this might be it for Magnus honestly. With how predictable these last character picks are, I’m loosing faith in my most wanteds. Dante and Magnus, their chances might be grim. I still have hope for Travis Touchdown though!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Another day, another character. Sephiroth is a pretty good addition honestly! My feelings for Magnus and Dante are about the same really. No new evidence or anything to support Magnus being DLC, but who knows! Three slots left!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Got to the Magnus fight in World of Light again. It’s sort of melancholy getting to it. Seeing Magnus and hearing the music makes me tear up a bit, but just having him here in some form makes me smile. I hope he comes back as an assist at least. I can only hope for him to playable. I may be the only one rooting for him, but god damn it I’m gonna keep cheering him on. See you Magnus

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Another 1st party character makes into the DLC and another series already in the game. Maybe Magnus was taken out of the assist trophy spot to be playable, but scrapped? It seems like a lot of these characters were planned for base game so... maybe? Min Min and both Blades had spirits before so...?

Top Bottom