• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“I am JUSTICE!” - The Light Yagami for MultiVersus Support Thread

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Welcome to the
Light Yagami Support Thread

DE048944-9C79-439F-8A80-F0E2D771D40C.jpeg

“I am justice! I protect the innocent and those who fear evil. I'm the one who'll become the god of a new world that everyone desires. All those who would oppose that god they are the ones who are truly evil.”
- Light Yagami

Who is Light Yagami?
Light is a extremely intelligent and distinguished high school student who despises crime. Light’s life and view changed when he encountered the Death Note. The Death Note is a notebook carried around by shinigami (gods of death) to kill anyone by writing that person’s name in the Death Note. It’s revealed that the owner of Death Note Light finds belong to the shinigami known as Ryuk, who dropped it in the human world because he was board. Light uses his new found power to create a new world, a world completely rid of crime and corruption. Light seeks to become god of this new world, using the name Kira to enact his own forms of judgement.

Death Note centers around the battle between Light (Kira) and L, along with the Japanese Task Force. Death Note as a whole is seen by many as the ultimate cat and mouse game. One of the greatest battles of both wit and intelligence. Light sees himself as a god, thinking everyone that does a crime deserve death. While L sees Light (Kira) as just a criminal, thinking that no one (especially people like Kira) should take justice into their own hands. Both Light and L view themselves as justice, but in their own different perspectives.

Does Warner Bros own Death Note?
Warner Bros does not own the Death Note manga or anime, but they might have the rights to the first four live actions films. It’s debatable how much Warner Bros was involved with those films. Death Note (2006), Death Note 2: The Last Name, L: Change the World (spin-off), and Death Note: Light Up the New World were all distributed by Warner Bros. So Warner Bros might potentially be able to use the Light Yagami from the good live action films. Warner Bros also seems to have a good working relationship to the Death Note series. In 2009, Warner Bros actually bought the rights to make their own American version of the film. In 2015, things seemed to pick back up for their film. Eventually, Netflix bought the film rights from Warner Bros, sadly we all know what happened.

Can Light Yagami even have a moveset?
C4C5ECA7-C618-4938-AA60-CD47A976CEDD.gif
For years Light Yagami has been tossed aside from fighting games. Looking at games like Jump Force and all the fan-made Smash platform fighters, he’s mostly been a unplayable story character or just some type of assist character. The main reasons I hear why Light has never been playable in a fighting game is that it wouldn’t make sense, he’s too overpowered with the Death Note, and it would be impossible to come up with a good accurate moveset. However, this is MultiVersus we are talking about, the game where Shaggy Rogers can beat up Superman. There would definitely have to be some changes involved, but this wouldn’t be canon to manga, anime, and the live action movies. Before I continue, we also have to keep in mind that we don’t have a full grasp on how the movesets in MultiVersus works. Below are just some creative ideas I have seen from different fan made Light Yagami movesets for different types of games.
D7BFE091-AB9F-41EA-8290-697261D235D0.jpeg
First off, Light Yagami has technically actually fought before. Light Yagami has at least punched L once in the manga, anime, and the live action movies. That being said, Light is not a professional fighter. Then there is interesting case of Ryuk. Ryuk is just there to watch, he doesn’t really help Light at all. Ryuk is not the type of shinigami that would kill for Light like Rem to Misa. However, Ryuk has been known to be bribed a few times with apples. Many people have said that Light could throw a apple across the stage, causing Ryuk to charge at anyone getting in his way. I have also seen movesets where Light could summon members from the Kira Taskforce or even Kira followers to help him out.
9C28BFDE-57A5-409A-8D62-94B93B2191FA.gif
Now for Light’s main weapon, the Death Note. There are a wide variety of ways the Death Note could work. Light could use the Death Note to have people fight for him and to use as shields. Light could also have his writing utensils as weapons against opponents. In the anime, there have been moments when Light writes names in the notebook where his pen has had a sword light effect. Light could attack opponents with his pen. If MultiVersus has their own version of a final smash, Light’s version could have the him stare right across the stage, anyone who Light sees could have their name written in the Death Note. The screen begins to fade and fighters are launched off screen.

Why have Light Yagami and Death Note in MultiVersus?
Death Note is just such a special property to many, including myself. The manga has sold over 30 million copies worldwide and is seen by many to be one of the best mangas of all time. Even non-anime fans can still find enjoyment in the series and most live action films. I highly recommend anyone reading this post to go out and at least watch the anime. Death Note’s inclusion would also bring more worldwide representation to the east with Japan. As for Light, he is the main protagonist in the manga and Death Note movies. Light’s inclusion could also add another villain on to the roster.

6C709FCE-8F84-4352-8071-BEBCACFFA13C.png

List of Supporters:
evanwoo10 evanwoo10

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Ah yes, the perfect anime for my edgy teen age phase. Love to see how they’d work. I’d like to see him take half of his teammates life to find out a name. (Because I know he’d never give up half his life, he needs to rule his new world for a long time)

Top Bottom