• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“Feed me, Seymour!” The Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors) Support Thread

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1641361652222.jpeg

Who is Audrey II?

Audrey II is the main antagonist of the dark comedy musical Little Shop of Horrors. Facing the risk of his flower shop going out of business, Seymour Krelborn decides to purchase an exotic venus flytrap in order to attract more customers. He names the plant Audrey II after his colleague and love interest, Audrey. The plant is successful at drawing in new patrons, but it turns out that Audrey II actually needs to be fed human blood in order to survive. Seymour is able to satiate the carnivorous plant with his own blood for a short period of time, but as Audrey II grows bigger and gains the ability to speak, Seymour’s blood is no longer enough to sustain Audrey II’s unconventional diet. It’s at this point where Seymour begins taking other peoples’ lives in order to satiate Audrey II’s exponentially growing appetite for human flesh and world domination. And what better place for Audrey II to find new prey than on the Multiversus battlefield?

Why Audrey II?

To get the obvious point out of the way, Warner Bros. is the distributor for the 1986 film adaptation of the Little Shop of Horrors musical, which in turn was adapted from the 1960 film. Aside from the original musical, this film adaptation is probably the first thing a lot of people think of when discussing Little Shop of Horrors, and is what many consider to be the gold standard for film-to-musical adaptations. I mean, the musical was already praised for its catchy musical numbers and black comedy, but when you have a film adaptation that keeps the spirit of the original on top of some exceptional puppetry on Audrey II courtesy of Muppet alumni Frank Oz and his team, you have an all-time classic on your hands. For many, Little Shop of Horrors is just as much a Halloween tradition as any horror classic, and Audrey II plays a huge part in that. The performance of Levi Stubbs, as well as the hard work of numerous puppeteers, really helped to bring Audrey II to life and cement him as one of the most memorable musical villains ever. And coming from a damn good musical, Audrey II is guaranteed to come with some bops (spoilers for the musical’s plot, I guess).

Warner Bros. is well aware of Little Shop of Horror’s place in pop culture as well. They had plans for a remake announced back in 2020, but production was indefinitely put on hiatus. While it still has yet to be seen if this remake will ever go anywhere, the fact that it’s been considered at all shows that there’s still interest in the Little Shop of Horrors franchise from Warner. And just saying, if they ever decide to pick the project back up and need to promote this new film adaptation, putting Audrey II in Multiversus is a damn good way to go about it. You could argue that Audrey II would work better as a stage hazard on a hypothetical Little Shop of Horrors stage, but goddammit I wanna see the funny plant fight Batman. And before you ask how he would even work as a fighter, I raise you this:
32511A51-FE3D-4371-999A-C80255D9BDEB.png

I rest my case. Speaking of how an evil houseplant would fight...

What could Audrey II do?

As a carnivorous plant, Audrey II would have a few moves where he stretches out his vines to attack opponents, as well as some biting attacks. And considering Seymour is the one who gets Audrey II’s prey, he could possibly summon out Seymour to attack for him. Hell, you could even push this concept further and make the two a full-on puppet fighter, with Seymour being the main fighter and Audrey II acting as his puppet. Regardless of how Audrey II is incorporated, there’s a lot of fun that can be had with his moveset.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Never saw the movie but this sounds like a super funny character concept, count me in.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I am so in. Audrey II or Seymour is always my pick for a surprise fighter whenever I make a horror roster because there's so much stuff you can do with the characters, especially if you dig into the director's cut that uses the original ending for the musical rather than the theatrical ending. Big time support.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic thread. This absolutely has my full support. This is one of my favorite 80's movies, but moreover, I just really think everything would really just come together on this. You could even have him be like Olimar kind of and create smaller plants to send out, and if there's Smash-style intros as they enter the stage, you can have Audrey come down from space.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
And then there's me, who has seen the movie countless times, and was lucky enough to catch Anthony Rapp as Seymour in the touring cast back in, like, 2004, Needless to say, I love this character and fully support her!

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure Twoey works as a fighter, but I've always had this idea of it singing "Mean Green Motha from Outer Space" while absolutely demolishing players as a sort of boss character in a Mushnik's stage.

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
I finally saw Little Shop of Horrors for the first time and I understand the support, count me in! I think an interesting idea for Audrey II would be to have a growing mechanic. Maybe have it like how Kirby sucks up opponents to copy their power, but Audrey II could suck up opponents to grow bigger. I also really like the smaller plants idea by PuyoWitch.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Had no idea there were MVS threads here on SB.

Been a long time since I've posted but I'm surprised to see some support for Audrey ii in the game!

I actually do have a Twitter account dedicated to getting Twoey into the game if you want to follow. Go check it out if you have the time!

https://twitter.com/Audreyii4MVS

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Even if I haven't seen Little Shop of Horrors as of yet (a crime! a travesty!), I feel this would be a fantastic idea and one I'd love to see come into fruition. Hell, it scratches all my itches - weird but logical character concepts, popular but unlikely picks, a genuinely fun and unique vibe... hell yeah, I'm supporting!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Went ahead and made a moveset for Audrey II!

Playstyle: Audrey II is a Tank character, but a rather unconventional one, being a character that needs momentum to grow into a much more potent threat.

That is to say, Audrey II has two movesets, or stances if you prefer. Audrey II starts the fight as a small potted plant, being carried by Seymour, who does most of the movement. However, each attack done by Audrey II that lands on the opponent feeds it some of their blood. Once the meter is filled, Audrey II becomes [SATIATED] and shifts its stance. Now it's a massive, mobile plant monster, while Seymour stays in the background, terrified over what he's wrought.

[SEYMOUR MODE] Moveset

Grounded Neutral Attack - Plant Food: A chargeable attack where Audrey II lunges forward and snaps three times, biting the foe.

Aerial Neutral Attack - Plant Food: The same as on the ground, but not chargeable. This allows Seymour to more easily feed Audrey II in different situations.

Grounded Side Attack - Chop, Chomp, Chomp: Seymour swings his axe down, and then as he moves forward, Audrey II delivers two strong bites.

Aerial Side Attack - Overhead Slice: Seymour swings his axe and sends the foe rocketing down if the axe head connects.

Grounded Up Attack - Zap: Seymour lifts a power cable into the air, zapping whoever's above him.

Aerial Up Attack - Arching Zap: Seymour lifts up a power cable and shocks anyone above him in an arc.

Grounded Down Attack - Clean Sweep: Seymour sweeps the ground ahead of him with a broom, which pushes the foe away just enough to combo into several of Audrey II's biting attacks.

Aerial Down Attack - Broom Beating: Seymour swings his broom down below him.

Grounded Neutral Special - Feed Me, Seymour: Audrey II chomps down hard on a foe, and chews. This acts as a sort of command grab, where after Audrey II is done chewing, it can spit them out in any direction. Using this move when Audrey II is fully [SATIATED] changes the player from [SEYMOUR MODE] to [AUDREY II MODE] for the remainder of the match. Audrey II will grow much larger, exploding out of its pot and sending Seymour into the background. The shrapnel from the exploding flower pot also hurts enemies.

Aerial Neutral Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Side Special - Flit Gun: Seymour sprays an insecticide flit gun and creates a blast of repellent, which helps block incoming projectiles.

Aerial Side Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Up Special - Root Whip - Audrey II snaps one of its roots upwards as a whip, similar to Pikmin Chain.

Aerial Up Special - The same as on the ground, but this can snap back onto the stage.

Grounded Down Special - Feed the Plant: Seymour lets Audrey II chew on his hand. This increases Audrey II's meter, but also damages Seymour more the longer the button is held. A high risk high reward move.

Aerial Down Special - Same as the grounded version.

[AUDREY II MODE]

Grounded Neutral Attack - Vine Barrage: Audrey II produces a chargeable mass of vines that rapidly whip in front of it.

Aerial Neutral Attack - Spreading Vines: Similar to the grounded version, but the vines spread out in a circle around Audrey II instead.

Grounded Side Attack - Nature Calls...: Audrey II shoots out a chargeable, massive vine straight ahead. This move stabs right through projectiles to smash into foes.

Aerial Side Attack - You've Been Had: Audrey II takes a massive vine and slams it down in front of it, meteoring foes caught by it.

Grounded Up Attack - Up Yours: Audrey II lunges straight upwards with a massive bite.

Aerial Up Attack - Backup Buds: Audrey II swings a vine with three small buds attached to it in an arc above it, with all three biting throughout the move.

Grounded Down Attack - Mean Green Mother: Audrey II charges up and shoots out vines from either side of it from the ground, with small buds snapping at foes they hit.

Aerial Down Attack - Change Your Tone: Audrey II takes two large vines and slams them together...like a scissor kick but for something without legs.

Grounded Neutral Special - Feed Me!: Very similar to the neutral special from [SEYMOUR MODE], but does significantly more damage, and, if successful, gives Audrey II more [ARMOR]. Using this move while grounded next to Seymour will have Audrey II [EAT SEYMOUR] to regain 30% health. This can only be done once per game, as Seymour is now gone. After Seymour is eaten, Audrey II can also spit out his glasses as a strong, one-time [Projectile].

Aerial Neutral Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Side Special - Mean and Green: Audrey II aims a reticle across the ground, which can be moved by the player. Upon release, a massive vine shoots out of the desired spot. This vine acts as an [ARMORED WALL] that can stop projectiles. If the vine connects with a foe instead, it acts as a [COMMAND GRAB], and you can either flick them away, or throw them back toward Audrey II's mouth, which combos into Neutral Special.

Aerial Side Special - From Outer Space: Audrey II shoots out its roots toward the stage. This can be aimed. Once the vines connect to either the stage or a foe, Audrey II rockets down toward the target, doing heavy damage on impact.

Grounded Up Special - Cascading Roots: Similar to the up special in [SEYMOUR MODE], but much stronger, as longer, larger roots are used.

Aerial Up Special - Same as grounded variant, but can cling to walls like a creeping vine.

Grounded Down Special - Don't You Threaten Me: Audrey II pulls out a gun, twirls it, and shoots a shot diagonally down in front of itself. If it hits nothing, it gains a [Ricochet] effect.

Aerial Down Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Passive Abilities: Audrey II takes significantly less damage from [Projectiles], and can heal 30% health once per match by eating Seymour. Audrey II can create an armored vine wall to aid allies, and can add armor to itself with Neutral Special.

Top Bottom