• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“ One, Two, Freddy’s Coming for You!” Freddy Krueger Support Thread

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
With Halloween fast approaching, I think it’s time to spotlight a character fitting for the season. Who better than the star of the supernatural slasher horror franchise known as A Nightmare on Elm Street?

Freddy Krueger

BA522415-5751-46AA-845F-462257EB21E7.jpeg

Created by legendary horror filmmaker Wes Craven (R.I.P.) and brought to life by the talented and classically trained Robert Englund, Freddy is the spirit of a former-child killer who was burned alive by the vengeful parents of his victims and returns from the grave to terrorize and kill the teenage residents of Springwood, Ohio in their dreams. From his debut in 1984 to today, Freddy has become a recognizable figure in horror and pop culture, with his series run of 9 films including a crossover with fellow horror icon Jason Voorhees and a remake, a two season TV anthology series, a dedicated video game as well as guest starring in others and numerous other appearances in pop culture. The Nightmare on Elm Street series is currently owned by Warner Bros. Pictures through New Line Cinema, making him a reasonably strong contender for this game.

With not only his iconic finger glove but also his power of manipulating the dream realm and imaginative kills over the series, Freddy has a lot of material to pull from for his moveset and representation. His personality and brand of snark would also lend itself well to some fun character interactions with the rest of the roster.

Assassin Class | Hybrid

Neutral Attack
Ground
: FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU - A full arm slash. CHARGE to slowly walk forward while dragging a claw on an invisible wall

Air: Same as ground, without the charge.

Side Attack
Ground
: I. AM. ETERNAL - A combo of claw slashes followed by a backhand slap

Air: SKIN THE CAT - Freddy CHARGES up a powerful swipe forward that STUNS enemies in midair

Up Attack
Ground: GOT YER NOSE - Freddy performs a two finger upwards jab. CHARGE to inflict a SILENCE DEBUFF on an enemy.

Air: NO STRINGS ATTACHED - an overhead swipe

Down Attack
Ground: HELL SPIKES - Freddy stabs the ground in front of him and his claws emerge in front of him. CHARGE to send them out a longer distance. COOLDOWN applies.

Air: GROUNDED! - A diving stab that BREAKS ARMOR

Neutral Special
Ground
: DON’T FALL ASLEEP - Freddy lays a blanket trap that pulls the enemy underground and launches them upwards in a geyser of hellfire.

Air: THIS IS GOD - Freddy takes ahold of his enemy and drags them along an invisible wall either upwards or horizontally.

Side Special
Ground
: TELL EM FREDDY SENT YA - Freddy dashes forward and grabs an enemy, performing a gut/back stab that BREAKS ARMOR. The move will temporarily possess his ally and give them an ATTACK BUFF as well as a glove PROJECTILE

Air: WATCH THIS! - Freddy CHARGES and stretches his glove arm out with a stab that deals extra damage if it hits at the blade. Freddy can use this move to pull allies towards him. He can also strike walls and tether onto them.

Up Special
Ground
: NICE HEARING FROM YA - Freddy pulls out a chalkboard and scratches his claws against it, emitting damaging sound waves that STUNS enemies and grants them FEAR DEBUFF

Air: COME TO FREDDY - Freddy rises upwards with his claws. If he grabs an enemy with them, he’ll plummet towards to the ground.

Down Special
Ground
: WELCOME TO PRIME TIME, *****! - Freddy places down a TV set that applies a FEAR DEBUFF from the screen. If the front of the set is attacked, Freddy will instantly teleport into the set to grab the enemy and smash them into the screen. While on COOLDOWN, Freddy produces a small pillar of hellfire.

Air: Same as ground except the tv set stays in midair

Passive Ability
WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE

Several of Freddy’s attacks will inflict a FEAR DEBUFF represented by a claw mark which raises an enemy’s speed but reduces their attack and defense. Freddy turns invisible during his dodges.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah I'd be down with Freddy to be in the game.

As long as his Trench coat from Wes Craven's New Nightmare is added

and I am only half joking.
Oh you bet, I definitely had that in mind for one of his alts. Could even be like the Black Lanterns with his own voice lines and effects

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman

[ moveset ]

1 | both jumps | rising | "solid snake"-like

2 | both jumps | fall down | kind of square looking legs slowly moving apart from one another and then toward each other

3 | forward air | claw land after swift "whole body" spin as if in barrel sort of

4 | back air | long duration extended hand out | pretty big dah mn damage

5 | up air | one arm swipe overhead with freddy looking up

6 | charging smash a | freddy does a casual charge and hand swipe with some sort of sound effect as if his metal talons do a scissor effect | pretty big knockback

7 | up smash | arms behind back kind of | telekinesis pelvic thrust

8 | tilted side | hat toss does slicing effect in honor of his claws

9 | smash side | hat puts foe to sleep with it on

this is what i have so far. haha.

still correcting.

and correcting font. lol.

okay. bye.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Potential Freddy alts

-Jesse Hawke (Freddy’s Revenge) (w/custom voice clips)
-Skeleton Freddy (Dream Warriors)
-Doctor Krueger (Dream Master)
-Chef Krueger (Dream Child)
-The Entity (New Nightmare) (w/custom voice clips)
-Demon Freddy (vs. Jason)

Last edited:
Top Bottom