• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️Official Zelda Video Archive - WIP get in here and post some ZELDA VODS GORLS ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
I'm back from my trip and have been trying to see how the new buffs play out. I thought I might upload some MUs that have been difficult for Zelda and see how the new buffs help. Also coming off a two month hiatus, so bear with me if I seem sluggish or prone to whiffs on what should be basic things.

ZSS

https://youtu.be/1PSwj_FqJ4k

Neutral is still hell, but our punish game is better now and she definitely dies earlier. Still trying to get the right timing for the overhead slash to wall Flip Kick, but I feel it has potential. And it is easier to edgeguard Flip Kick with Din's Fire now, so that should make her less safe offstage, compared to before. Not much else to say though, I don't feel this MU changed as much as I'd hoped, but maybe I need more time.

Greninja

https://youtu.be/wCanlD9GkWA

Greninja is easier to edgeguard than ZSS, so I feel like the new buffs are going to really help here. Neutral is still difficult, and he ducks right under Nair and F-Tilt, but at least he'll die quicker now, which will definitely help with pressure. One thing I need to start ingraining into my muscle memory, is using Din's Fire to catch him when he's trying to avoid Phantom by recovering onstage. I'm not used to the it killing better at shorter distances, so I was still trying to catch him with Up-air. I'm wondering if planting Din's where he's going land might not make this easier.

I also ran into Lima while doing my testing lol. I've faced him before, early on in the meta when I had no idea what I was doing, but I'm a little more prepared this time around. There isn't much in the way of commentary or usefulness as it pertains to the new buffs, but I though it would be interesting to share.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/546025757 (01:54:30)

I still think Zelda wins this MU, but I made some crucial mistakes in the last couple matches and Lima is the more experienced and better player. I believe he's friends with Mystearica, so he likely has lots of Zelda MU experience, while I unfortunately kinda had to learn the Bayo MU as I went along. Still, I'm grateful for the experience, as it's so rare to fight someone of Lima's caliber, and I feel like I got good data on the MU, which is one of my shakier ones. It's so rare to find a good Bayo, let alone a top Bayo.

And rustiness aside, this once again was a good reminder to me, that the thing I struggle the most with is endurance. I can put up a good fight at the beginning, but I start autopiloting and getting stuck in patterns as time goes on. I really should have tried to fast fall Nair when he was escaping with Bat Within, but I kept Up-airing and hoping I could beat him to the ground. Was taking lots of risks trying see if I could edgeguard Bayo, but her hitboxs are too huge I think. Not to mention getting comboed into oblivion.

I just end up getting too tired mentally and that's probably why I'll never last in tournaments, even if I was healthy enough to get there lol. Hopefully, that will improve with more experience, but I have a feeling it's tied to my health issues. Still pretty fun regardless, even if I'm wiped out mentally afterwards, and is why I still play QP, even as awful as it is.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
jajajaajajajaj why didn't you tell me you posted this?!

I'm back from my trip and have been trying to see how the new buffs play out. I thought I might upload some MUs that have been difficult for Zelda and see how the new buffs help. Also coming off a two month hiatus, so bear with me if I seem sluggish or prone to whiffs on what should be basic things.

ZSS

I don't feel like there was anything you did that was too off. You already mentioned your attempts in releasing Phantom early in trying to prevent a Flip Kick. I would've personally let the Phantom fully charged and go for a ledgetrap. I rarely feel like I struggle against Flip Kick. I just tend to read their usual trajectory and Nair before the Kick even comes out. If you're feeling confident, you can even try to Uair it. Phantom slash seems a bit too slow.

First stock at 0, I like how you keep the juggles and combos simple with just Ftilt and little commitment in general. I also notice you started doing that cute thing I do with the reverse Utilts.

1:13 seemed like a weird interaction by your part. I know there's likely even a bit of lag, but it seems like you wanted to go for a grab, when you could've easily Dash Attacked, or even just charged Phantom. Zelda's not so slow that she'd be intidimated by that kind of "walling" attempt, but it's still possible you might've risked a trade (Fair).

I also ran into Lima while doing my testing lol. I've faced him before, early on in the meta when I had no idea what I was doing, but I'm a little more prepared this time around. There isn't much in the way of commentary or usefulness as it pertains to the new buffs, but I though it would be interesting to share.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/546025757 (01:54:30)
Okay, I'm not really an expert on the matchup, but I know that you can shut down at least half of Bayonetta by just sitting in shield- that's part of the problem, at least for someone like me. You can't live in your shield, which means you sort of have to take the back lines and go for stuff like FH retreating Phantom or RAR Phantom. He's basically just going to Side B everything you do, whether it's in the ground or in the air. That's 90% of his combos and entire game, almost. And then there's Up B, which you likely just avoid by not mindlessly poking her shield. Our Nair doesn't hit low enough to catch stuff like Side B, and most of our aerials just get beaten out by the aerial version. Shield and Phantom are your friends.

She does a lot of damage with her combos, but it's not like she ever kills unless she catches you with that one that leads to Fair into the blastzone. They seem more intimidating than they actually are.

After those first two games, it just felt like you were getting hit by literally everything. He was catching a lot of your blindspots, but you were also giving them away. I think you got hit by Bair when you were trying to jump with an aerial from the ledge. It doesn't seem like it's a good idea against Bayonetta, or at least someone as perceptive as Lima. Go for that Phantom ledge trick I showed you before. It gets people away from the ledge for free.

- Game 3, when he took your first stock, you could've gone for ledge snap cancel Teleport. That would've likely hit him, and he wouldn't have gotten the chance to Bair and stagespike you.

- You were going for a lot of Utilt > Uair, and it worked...until it didn't, because The Bat Within is virtually a Frame 1 airdodge. Reverse Utilt true combos into Uair, so what you were going is more of a mixup. Pretty sure Nair would've combo'd, and even Kick at the right percentages.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is really good. I'm not only glad you didn't lose, you actually sort of destroyed him. You showed you aren't just any "wifi Zelda" pushover. In fact, it was slightly annoying how he would say something like that. You can tell in the stream, there wasn't any sort of hideous lag or anything. You beat him well, and it's partly credited by the fact he's doing this sort of "50 wins in a row" challenge.

I'm pretty surprised by your Game 2. You were really taking it, and I was almost expecting a 2-stock. I wouldn't have expected you to go for something so bold like those Uairs. That move is so good.

And I don't tend to pay attention to the chat, but I was purposely doing so this time around. That last good manuever you did caught some interesting reactions...
1582353114411.png

Is it just me, or he didn't commit to the Bo5? I counted 2-2. Regardless, I take this as a win.

And rustiness aside, this once again was a good reminder to me, that the thing I struggle the most with is endurance. I can put up a good fight at the beginning, but I start autopiloting and getting stuck in patterns as time goes on.
That's definitely me. Just try not to fully associate with the idea, because it eventually reinforces to become your reality. You know, self-image and all that.
It sounds silly, but it's more valid than it sounds.

You did well. It really seemed like you didn't understand a thing about the matchup past Game 2, and it's perfectly understandable. Her Side B has really wonky and somewhat disjointed hitboxes. You'll get him,next time.

I really should have tried to fast fall Nair when he was escaping with Bat Within, but I kept Up-airing and hoping I could beat him to the ground. Was taking lots of risks trying see if I could edgeguard Bayo, but her hitboxs are too huge I think. Not to mention getting comboed into oblivion.
You were definitely overcomitting on the edgeguard attempts. I'd just stay put for stage control and try to build a Phantom ledgetrap. Worst thing she could do is either stall for Side B unto stage (fairly predictable pattern). When you get used to aerial Side B's range, you can try and FSmash her. A lot of Bayonettas Side B unto stage.

I just end up getting too tired mentally and that's probably why I'll never last in tournaments, even if I was healthy enough to get there lol. Hopefully, that will improve with more experience, but I have a feeling it's tied to my health issues. Still pretty fun regardless, even if I'm wiped out mentally afterwards, and is why I still play QP, even as awful as it is.
I just think you need real tournament experience. Anxiety born from competitiveness is perfectly normal, and you just have to get used to it. But as to the actual tournament, it's not like you have to play 50 matches. One of our Top 3 players told me he purposely plays less during the week or so as to not tire out.

It's all within your reach, you just have to get out of the comfort zone a bit. I can't say I'm fully aware of your health situation, but I think you can improve your situation if you start slowly scaling out of it.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
jajajaajajajaj why didn't you tell me you posted this?!
It was the last post on this board for a while lol. Though knowing me, I was half asleep when I posted this and it probably slipped my mind.

I don't feel like there was anything you did that was too off. You already mentioned your attempts in releasing Phantom early in trying to prevent a Flip Kick. I would've personally let the Phantom fully charged and go for a ledgetrap. I rarely feel like I struggle against Flip Kick. I just tend to read their usual trajectory and Nair before the Kick even comes out. If you're feeling confident, you can even try to Uair it. Phantom slash seems a bit too slow.
I think it's a combination of personal issues dealing with sudden shifts and not being familiar with the spacing and timing of Flip Kick. I very rarely play ZSS, so I'm particularly well versed on the MU. I definitely think there is a specific spacing where the overhead slash will beat Flip Kick every time, but it might not be consistent to get that spacing. I'll see what I can do about learning to deal with it, as that is my biggest issue in this MU.

I also notice you started doing that cute thing I do with the reverse Utilts.
Definitely been trying them. It works pretty well in preventing DI and certain airdodges, although some characters seem to still slip though any follow ups. I really need to work on punishing directional airdodges, especially the down one. It is by far my biggest issue and often costs me.

1:13 seemed like a weird interaction by your part. I know there's likely even a bit of lag, but it seems like you wanted to go for a grab, when you could've easily Dash Attacked, or even just charged Phantom. Zelda's not so slow that she'd be intidimated by that kind of "walling" attempt, but it's still possible you might've risked a trade (Fair).
I don't remember what I was trying to go for there. I might have been anticipating a shield or roll and got surprised at the sudden Fsmash.

- Game 3, when he took your first stock, you could've gone for ledge snap cancel Teleport. That would've likely hit him, and he wouldn't have gotten the chance to Bair and stagespike you.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, I meant to Up-air and accidentally did Nayru instead. And I got distracted and didn't think of doing that. But I was kicking myself afterwards for both of those things.

- You were going for a lot of Utilt > Uair, and it worked...until it didn't, because The Bat Within is virtually a Frame 1 airdodge. Reverse Utilt true combos into Uair, so what you were going is more of a mixup. Pretty sure Nair would've combo'd, and even Kick at the right percentages.
I was really kicking myself for that. Been trying to work on mixing up and ingraining other options into my muscle memory since then. I've been relying on my fundamentals for too long and my playstyle has become a bit narrow as result.

I wouldn't have expected you to go for something so bold like those Uairs. That move is so good.
He was correct that he could have done Witch Time, but I had a feeling he wouldn't. I've been finding the new sour spot and hitbox buffs to make it even easier to juggle. I'm planning on testing what the extra frames does, because I've been noticing I'm juggling even smaller characters easier and there might be potential in catching airdodges with it.

Is it just me, or he didn't commit to the Bo5? I counted 2-2. Regardless, I take this as a win.
Yeah, it was only four games. People tend to take two stocks, especially back to back, as a sign that they are "superior" and leave, I find. Even if they just got lucky or you just screwed up that match.

In his defense, I lost by a hair to the typical WiFi DeDeDe right after, because I was so burned out. So I don't know if I would have been able to pull through in a game 5. Was already winding down from a three hour session as it was.

You did well. It really seemed like you didn't understand a thing about the matchup past Game 2, and it's perfectly understandable. Her Side B has really wonky and somewhat disjointed hitboxes. You'll get him,next time.
Thanks for the encouragement. I felt the jaws of defeat closing in on me after Game 2 and I knew I needed to do something different, I just didn't know what. Which is why the last two seemed so volatile compared to the first two. I had a rough idea of what I needed to do in the MU from playing WiFi Bayos, but I was lacking knowledge of the finer details that are necessary against someone as skilled as Lima. So I was just trying to see what works, in the hopes I'd find some way to pull through.

Not to mention I was still rusty from my hiatus, so my spacing has been more off than I would like.

I just think you need real tournament experience. Anxiety born from competitiveness is perfectly normal, and you just have to get used to it. But as to the actual tournament, it's not like you have to play 50 matches. One of our Top 3 players told me he purposely plays less during the week or so as to not tire out.

It's all within your reach, you just have to get out of the comfort zone a bit. I can't say I'm fully aware of your health situation, but I think you can improve your situation if you start slowly scaling out of it.
It's something I've been struggling with since I first started playing competitively. That trip reminded me that I can barely handle making an appointment without getting very sick and keeling over, let alone traveling to and then actually playing in a tournament.

If you're supposed to eat right, drink lots, exercise, and sleep properly in order to remain alert and have good endurance, then my health issues do the opposite of that, where I rarely sleep well and my metabolism makes me have to constantly eat in order to be functional. It makes me very inconsistent day to day and it can really dictate how long I can play optimally or if I can even get past the starting line lol.

Like, however good you think I did against Lima, I got destroyed by a WiFi Bayo last night, after two nights of lack of sleep and high inflammation. Granted, he was laggy, and somehow managed to Bat Within everything I did, not just combos, but it still showed the difference.

There are rumblings of a possible treatment though, so things might improve. It just likely won't pan out for another year, if it does at all, for various reasons.

But I know now what I need to work on, not just the Bayo MU, but overall. I'm going to continue incorporating other mixups, as well work on spotdodging, which I never do on purpose. And further refine the tech and combo game, which are there, but I don't have them down perfect yet.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
WE BACK???

So for those who don't know, I've barely even touched Zelda since she got buffed...and Byleth came out. Short story: Byleth. I've been using pretty much solo Byleth for over a month, and I let my Zelda collect dust. Rust was catching on, but apparently it's taken less then a week to get back in shape. Suddenly, I am having a considerable advantage over my friend and rival, who mains Wario (whereas I was losing, before this).

The Uair buff is definitely noticeable, but I sincerely barely use Ftilt and even Phantom (as you'll see in the matches). Don't even get me started on Din's. I don't know if it's the Nair buff's to endlag, but I feel a lot more comfterble using it. Not like I was using a whole lot of fastfalled crossup Nairs, before...

#SHE'SBACK???
#PeakPerformance
#NoLongerFacingYourAverageZelda
#WhyAmIDoingThis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6SSFQ3ckI (vs. :ultlucario:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNWxe5cX4oo (vs. :ultwario:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHBWvgTpT2A (vs. :ultwario:, 1:30 Oz in his natural state)

Like, I legit only used Phantom 2 times in all those three matches. I'm not even joking. People probably wonder why I don't use it, but I honestly tend to feel it doesn't do a whole lot unless you're willing to wait. This opponent, in particular, he doesn't even bother approaching when it's out). There's obviously a case for ledgetrapping, and I have no excuses there. Even so, my ledgetraps are so bad, that 99% of the time I just charge Phantom way too early that they are able to get back stage for free.

But it's just clear I rarely prefer to sit back and set the action aside.

S StoicPhantom

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
You don't phantom much. That's very interesting.
I think I literally didn't Phantom in those two matches, not even once. I just think smart players aren't really dumb enough to even bother approaching, and I'd rather just approach since it feels more productive.

stixie

Smash Apprentice
I think I literally didn't Phantom in those two matches, not even once. I just think smart players aren't really dumb enough to even bother approaching, and I'd rather just approach since it feels more productive.
So two things here.

1) It's probably the best edge guarding tool in the game (top three at least). It's great for trapping recoveries. Set up Phantom on stage as you go low. It makes their recovery options very difficult.

2) Try setting it up in the middle of the stage. That's the way I try to do it. It makes them have to pick a bad option of how to avoid it.

Oh and I LOVE your single jab stun setups. VERY nice.

Oh and I almost forgot... have you noticed a neutral b nerf??????? Seems like the move is... different somehow. Like it doesn't do as much knowback or something... it's weird.

ZSS

Neutral is still hell, but our punish game is better now and she definitely dies earlier. Still trying to get the right timing for the overhead slash to wall Flip Kick, but I feel it has potential. And it is easier to edgeguard Flip Kick with Din's Fire now, so that should make her less safe offstage, compared to before. Not much else to say though, I don't feel this MU changed as much as I'd hoped, but maybe I need more time.
So I was reading back through StoicPhantom's post and I can DEFINITELY feel a difference in the ZSS matchup. I agree neutral is still dumb but she DEF dies a LOT sooner. Like if you read a bad flip kick with up air she just explodes gloriously. The matchup id most definitely a lot easier now.

And rustiness aside, this once again was a good reminder to me, that the thing I struggle the most with is endurance. I can put up a good fight at the beginning, but I start autopiloting and getting stuck in patterns as time goes on. I really should have tried to fast fall Nair when he was escaping with Bat Within, but I kept Up-airing and hoping I could beat him to the ground. Was taking lots of risks trying see if I could edgeguard Bayo, but her hitboxs are too huge I think. Not to mention getting comboed into oblivion.
This is like... the exact opposite of me which is kinda funny. I usually get DESTROYED the first stock (sometimes only doing 40-50% to the opponent before dying) and then I come back and win. Honestly I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I usually take the first stock to try and learn what the opponent is trying to do and then try not to put myself in those situations the rest of the match. Of course I end up losing being down by so much if the opponent is really good.

Last edited:

Hagz

Smash Rookie
Hi All,

Newbie to these forums, here's an edit I recently made for all the Zelda fans featuring some satisfying kills/cool stuff I've pulled off. Easily the funnest character in ultimate imo. Hope you enjoy:

https://youtu.be/_XRYn55oRzo

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
So I was reading back through StoicPhantom's post and I can DEFINITELY feel a difference in the ZSS matchup. I agree neutral is still dumb but she DEF dies a LOT sooner. Like if you read a bad flip kick with up air she just explodes gloriously. The matchup id most definitely a lot easier now.
Indeed. Things get really dangerous for her when you finally win neutral, but it's getting to that point that's the main issue now. I had to force myself to rest for the past week or so, but I have a series of replays against ZSS that I'm going to study and hopefully find an answer to a consistent neutral. This is the only MU I actively struggle in now.

This is like... the exact opposite of me which is kinda funny. I usually get DESTROYED the first stock (sometimes only doing 40-50% to the opponent before dying) and then I come back and win. Honestly I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I usually take the first stock to try and learn what the opponent is trying to do and then try not to put myself in those situations the rest of the match. Of course I end up losing being down by so much if the opponent is really good.
I think as long as you can ensure a comeback then it's ok to struggle a bit in the beginning. My issue manifests more in sets where I do well in the first couple games but can struggle in the last ones. But only really against high level opponents in the first place.

stixie

Smash Apprentice
I think as long as you can ensure a comeback then it's ok to struggle a bit in the beginning. My issue manifests more in sets where I do well in the first couple games but can struggle in the last ones. But only really against high level opponents in the first place.
I'd say just be really patient. I think where a lot of Zelda players (myself included) get destroyed is when the OTHER person plays the "I'm not going to approach" game plan (like a Roy player just standing on the other side waiting for you to do something) and the Zelda player gets ultra impatient and runs over there to engage. People play this way when they finally figure out the Zelda matchup (which in your case is after a few games against the same person).

I think the key here is to out patience the other person. If you take a look at that game with Tweek vs Ven from a while back Tweek was Wario but played SUPER campy, never approaching unless it was completely safe. If Zelda can figure out how to deal with this play style I think she wins a lot more.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I'd say just be really patient. I think where a lot of Zelda players (myself included) get destroyed is when the OTHER person plays the "I'm not going to approach" game plan (like a Roy player just standing on the other side waiting for you to do something) and the Zelda player gets ultra impatient and runs over there to engage. People play this way when they finally figure out the Zelda matchup (which in your case is after a few games against the same person).
You got that right. And it's what I've been saying, regarding Phantom. Smart people don't bother approaching and giving you all the stage control. They just don't. I once played a solid Olimar which would never approach.

This is why I much prefer rushdown matchups over people who just stand there and sit and shield.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
I'm perfectly fine with campy opponents and handle them better than rushdown opponents. My issue is more of a mental stamina thing, where playing under intense pressure wears me out more than normal. Playing someone of Lima's caliber leaves me completely gassed after couple matches. Even my friend remarks on how much worse I play in this state than is normal.

I think the key here is to out patience the other person. If you take a look at that game with Tweek vs Ven from a while back Tweek was Wario but played SUPER campy, never approaching unless it was completely safe. If Zelda can figure out how to deal with this play style I think she wins a lot more.
I personally have a lot of issues in how ven approached that set, so I chalk that set up to a ven issue. Check this post for my thoughts on campy opponents.

stixie

Smash Apprentice
I'm perfectly fine with campy opponents and handle them better than rushdown opponents. My issue is more of a mental stamina thing, where playing under intense pressure wears me out more than normal. Playing someone of Lima's caliber leaves me completely gassed after couple matches. Even my friend remarks on how much worse I play in this state than is normal.

I personally have a lot of issues in how ven approached that set, so I chalk that set up to a ven issue. Check this post for my thoughts on campy opponents.
I also have a problem with how ven approached the set. He gave Warrio WAY too much respect (imho). Yes he can cheese you at 40 with waft but NEVER approaching him literally gave him the entire stage. But tweek DID camp him hard.

Anywho... I feel like I'm exactly the opposite. I play a VERY aggressive Zelda and have no problem whatsoever pressing buttons in your face. This allows me to really unsettle a lot of aggressive characters like Pikachu and Joker. The people that play these types of aggressive characters usually kinda freak out when Zelda starts jabbing and ftilting them up close and resort to giving her WAY too much space. These are some of my favorite matchups... when the opponent is just ultra super aggressive. I usually win these games going away. I also don't do bad with campy projectile characters like Samus or Link. I subconsciously KNOW what kind of match I'm in for at the start... I have NO problem camping the HECK out of them right back.

Where I feel I fail miserably are campy close range characters like Roy. Most times going in to the match I feel it should be an aggressive in your face match but some players will just sit on the other side of the stage and NEVER approach. It's infuriating. I get impatient and run over to them and they wiff punish me HARDCORE. I then proceed to lose the game by two stocks.

I actually play a LOT like ven. Nothing too fancy and outlandish, just solid neutral game fundamentals (LOTS of tilts and jabs in opponents faces) and knowing when and how to kill the opponent. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE to grab (also same as ven). Back when I was learning Zelda and really trying to get good with the character I watched HOURS AND HOURS (lol) of Ven games. I probably watched every Ven match in 2019. So he basically taught me how to play the character.

Last edited:

stixie

Smash Apprentice
I'd say a defensive style. I tend to wait and see what my opponent does or bait them into an option. I tend to only push when I think I got a read or when the opponent is in disadvantage.
Hold my Areadbhar.
LOL

Well it DOES depend on who the opponent is. Sometimes you HAVE to camp. Like Terry... oh my WORD I hate fighting him.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Finally finished this thing:

Definitely one hell of a milestone, this time around. It'll be hard for me to top myself on this one.
I went from wanting just one single Teleport Cancel clip to outright being picky about them.

S StoicPhantom

stixie

Smash Apprentice

Definitely one hell of a milestone, this time around. It'll be hard for me to top myself on this one.
I went from wanting just one single Teleport Cancel clip to outright being picky about them.

S StoicPhantom
Your teleports are freaking crazy. I basically NEVER use that move outside of recovery because of how easy it is the punish. Your teleports are wild. Honestly don't think I've ever seen any Zelda do some of those. Also going off the level for those all in kills... I think I'm too salty for that... I get irritated too easy and don't think I'd be happy if I missed :laugh:

Love your downairs too, basically if I downair someone at 80ish they're just DEAD. And I mean SUPER dead. Zelda can downair you into basically whatever she wants.

Also have to point out your drag down nairs!!!!!!!! I've been harping on how good they are since the 7.0 update and it seems like everyone just ignored me. If you catch someone with drag down nair you can do some nasty damage.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Your teleports are freaking crazy. I basically NEVER use that move outside of recovery because of how easy it is the punish. Your teleports are wild. Honestly don't think I've ever seen any Zelda do some of those. Also going off the level for those all in kills... I think I'm too salty for that... I get irritated too easy and don't think I'd be happy if I missed :laugh:
I'm not playing at an EVO Grand Finals. I can afford a loss or two. Focusing on GSP takes that away from you.

Regardless, thank you.

Also have to point out your drag down nairs!!!!!!!! I've been harping on how good they are since the 7.0 update and it seems like everyone just ignored me. If you catch someone with drag down nair you can do some nasty damage.
Never had any issues with them pre patch, but I suppose they're a lot better for approaching now, if just only as a crossup. I use them all the time, now.

oh

stixie stixie , follow this guy on Twitter. He's pretty much the reason I even picked up Teleport Cancels:
https://twitter.com/katyparries

Let's feel honored he even decided to come back to this place.

stixie

Smash Apprentice
I'm not playing at an EVO Grand Finals. I can afford a loss or two. Focusing on GSP takes that away from you.

Regardless, thank you.

Never had any issues with them pre patch, but I suppose they're a lot better for approaching now, if just only as a crossup. I use them all the time, now.

oh

stixie stixie , follow this guy on Twitter. He's pretty much the reason I even picked up Teleport Cancels:
https://twitter.com/katyparries

Let's feel honored he even decided to come back to this place.
Followed.

WARNING: Katy Parry Katy Parry my twitter is 99.99% USA politics if you choose to follow back. :laugh:

Philip Vaughn is who I am so if you see that follow that's me.

I'll have to watch some of your training videos.

Last edited:

Hagz

Smash Rookie

S StoicPhantom
It's awesome how aggressive you are, makes me realise I need to try more dair stage combos. That very last tele cancel is absolute mint too.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
It's awesome how aggressive you are, makes me realise I need to try more dair stage combos. That very last tele cancel is absolute mint too.
I don't think people need to be aggressive as I am, but I feel most Zeldas hardly exploit what she can get out of her punishes and combos (or potential combos). Dair is somewhat of a main component in this. It's to combos as early as 0, and all the way into kill confirms (starting as earlier at 50). It's also, ironically, our safest move on shield, though hard to perfect (-6 when done perfect).

Thank you for that.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116

S StoicPhantom
wow this was amazing to watch! I love the teleport cancels, im sucking so bad with them in this game but in smash 4 I was amazing at doing them, nice video!

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
wow this was amazing to watch! I love the teleport cancels, im sucking so bad with them in this game but in smash 4 I was amazing at doing them, nice video!
I CAN'T READ YOUR FONT DUDE

BUT THANK YOU

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
stixie stixie I herd you liek to press buttons

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
LOL that quick turnaround dtilt looks like such a flex
(Idk if you intended that but I still laughed)
Of course I intended it. Who does turnaround Dtilt by accident. :D

On a serious note, it's intended to cover roll.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be laying low on social media. It really holds me back as a player and a person.
However:

S StoicPhantom

Last edited:

stixie

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be laying low on social media. It really holds me back as a player and a person.
However:

S Stoic
Is this online??

That's some smooth as a baby's butt connection right there.

I can't do any of that stuff because people are always playing in powerpoint mode when I go online and I have no one to play with in person here.

It's impossible to time that stuff.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Is this online??

That's some smooth as a baby's butt connection right there.

I can't do any of that stuff because people are always playing in powerpoint mode when I go online and I have no one to play with in person here.

It's impossible to time that stuff.
A lot of them are, but not all of them. Chances are, the most recent ones (and, ironically, my best) are online since we've been in quarantine for 3 months. At the top of my head, the first and last one are offline, and then very few in-between.

It's not like online doesn't make things harder, but I've been going hard the first month or so. I started getting my craziest stuff during quarantine, so at least that's one good thing I got out of it. Dedicated to trying to perfect some of the combos you see there, and it's when I finally started getting into Teleport Cancels.

stixie

Smash Apprentice
A lot of them are, but not all of them. Chances are, the most recent ones (and, ironically, my best) are online since we've been in quarantine for 3 months. At the top of my head, the first and last one are offline, and then very few in-between.

It's not like online doesn't make things harder, but I've been going hard the first month or so. I started getting my craziest stuff during quarantine, so at least that's one good thing I got out of it. Dedicated to trying to perfect some of the combos you see there, and it's when I finally started getting into Teleport Cancels.
Yeah I consider myself a very good Zelda (at 7.4M) but I have NOTHING on the combos I see in that vid. And I don't really know how to teleport cancel.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I consider myself a very good Zelda (at 7.4M) but I have NOTHING on the combos I see in that vid. And I don't really know how to teleport cancel.
I honestly suck at wifi. I'm not even at 6m.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Oz o: Oz o: Finally got around to watching, been really busy. My favorites are the Link bomb recovery improvisation spike at 0:40 and the Rob low percent decimation at the ledge at 1:03. I also think the Marth Phantom play was pretty good too. That Isabelle recovery gimp at 2:45 still gets me every time.

Top Bottom