• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️Official Zelda Video Archive - WIP get in here and post some ZELDA VODS GORLS ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hey there

This is the official Zelda video thread. Here, you will see a constantly-updating detailed post, containing videos of gameplay, character match ups, and more.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I was going to make a thread on this, but it seems to be made already. Let me know if you need help. I already created a Smash Ultimate Zelda playlist for the Zeldacord, and don't mind sharing it here too. For now it's mostly any gameplay we can get, but once players start having the options for item-less matches, and then eventually tournament ones, I'll be revamping the whole playlist with those.

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Here is footage of Nairo using Zelda and wow she's looking way better than smash 4!

(Hope you guys don't mind I'm a guy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT1T3UypvvE
I am a guy too, gender has nothing to do with most excellent patrician taste in smash characters.

Has this been posted already? prolly has https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvH4gOMDYYA

Anyway the frame 4 jab seems to be really real. I don't know why I am skeptical of counting frames from youtube videos but this comes out ridiculously quick at 1:44- 1:46.

I can't wait to be that zelda who JustCantIntoNeutralOmg and just run cancel jabs all day it will be glorious.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just so you guys know, "gorl" is a term used to refer to just about anyone around here. It's an in-joke from the Brawl days that stuck around here

D

Deleted member

Just so you guys know, "gorl" is a term used to refer to just about anyone around here. It's an in-joke from the Brawl days that stuck around here
Oh OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm new to this site lol.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Oh OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm new to this site lol.
Btw it's a Zelda boards thing so it might not be a good idea to go to like the Link boards and call them all gorls
or maybe we should
:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
I am a guy too, gender has nothing to do with most excellent patrician taste in smash characters.

Has this been posted already? prolly has https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvH4gOMDYYA

Anyway the frame 4 jab seems to be really real. I don't know why I am skeptical of counting frames from youtube videos but this comes out ridiculously quick at 1:44- 1:46.

I can't wait to be that zelda who JustCantIntoNeutralOmg and just run cancel jabs all day it will be glorious.
After some analysis frame 4 start up but the cooldown on jab seems longer then smash 4? Which is uhh.... gonna take some adjustment for me. The shield dosen't come out as quickly as I think it does can someone do a comparison gif analysis between the difference between jab-->shield buffer in both games? This is assuming of course that the Zelda player pressed shield as quickly as he could have.

Last edited:

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman

Here's some more zelda gameplay. Dtilt and dthrow looking bad...we may not have any confirms to upair.
"BORROWED" from the social thread from klickklack and big shouts out to DM888 and Maxy for posting this video!

There was some dispute in said thread about a waveland grab for one of the down throw chases and I thought she would have more end lag after a airdodge but looking at 0:31-0:33 There was minimal landing lag so actually maybe! We would need the game to see if distance between the ground and would affect lag but ah yeah that didn't look too bad.

WARNING NEVER MADE GIFS BEFORE SO I WENT TO FREE VIRUS DOT COM FOR GIFS SORRY FOR YOUR EYES
Also it goes without saying there are a lot of factors to consider outside of percentage, like weight, fall speed, DI, and rage. Its fun to speculate is all im saying.

Lets get this out of the way, if you have bad hitbox PTSD from Melee and brawl I advise you to stay away from the following gif

wakemeupcantwakeupsaveme.gif
Either
A.) the final hit of multijab dosen't have any knockback/hitstun pre-40%
B.)DM888 Fell out of the jab at the last second
C.)Maxy shorted the jab before the final hit and that a thing now with ultimate?
Or D.) Or nothing happened at all and im losing my marbles for no good reason.
EDIT: OR OR E.) SDI is in this build more so then the E3 Build and you can SDI jabs which, i mean its a jab combo so I should be fine with it lmao?
I dunno mang. Either way end lag dosen't look too bad but still.....

My response
1528303852649.jpg

Hey guys lets rap about D-Tilt

D-tilt toe hitbox on ivysaur low percent

as you can see early percent down tilt hits at a pretty good angle, its just clear that jab will not go far enough to reach the opponent.
LIKELY sets up for some cool stuff like
-----------
D-tilt-->Dash Attack
D-Tilt-->Run-->Grab
D-Tilt-->Walk/Run Cancel-->D-Tilt (if you can cancel the run it at that distance I dunno I don't have the game fam. In such case insert any ground move here probaby.)
D-Tilt-->Ftilt

So D-tilt looks great if spaced correctly however on if spaced incorrect then uhhh....

D-Tilt thigh high box

Oof well thats new but it could potentially lead to these follow ups at certain percent?
-------------
ThighTilt-->Dash Attack
ThighTilt-->Short Hop Nair if they jump straight up in
ThighTilt-->Bair if they jump to the left
ThighTilt-->Farore's (Gonna take you on dis ride k) Wind
ThighTilt-->uptilt....maybe??????
ThighTilt-->Turn around grab/Maybe even pivot?

However lets be real here that hit stun is smaller then Stuart Little

Dtilt Toe Box on Charizard at high percent

Oh dear uhh.... Well uhhh.... thats one hecken angle.

I don't think its possible to capitalize on this move at this time with my puny brain (outside of advantage and disadvantage states) but It would be funny if this somehow converted to a farore's snipe lmao.

Edit: Wait I see the opportunity for a Up Air if they double jump toward and above yeah. Im sorry Im tired.

Lets talk about Down throw

Dosen't truly convert to anything but if it did it would be Farore's wind and thats if the frame data and travel distance between ground and air would allow. Which is so preposterous its silly! This throws purpose clearly is gain advantage and make a read, the upair/lightning kick converstion is gone gone gone. But its a new game so I'm not mad.

I like Zelda's micro-spacing potential. I like Zelda's micro-spacing a lot.

"But isn't that initial dash start the same distance as it is smash 4?"

Yes but looks a lot better. And significantly faster though she probably still EASILY gets out classed by a lot characters speed and foxtrot distance wise. I dunno, I know zelda's movement has never been the best but I love in Brawl and Smash 4 how she can change directions very easily and cover short minute distances quite quickly with her foxtrot. And somehow Sakurai caught wind of this and put it in the game JUST FOR MEEEEEEEE . Though ah seeing other characters like marth and cloud this is probably change happening to a lot of characters. Its just her running speed after the start up dash is uhh.... well you know.

And there ye go. Sorry if the gifs make your eyes bleed.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
May or may not have taken way too long to actually watch this but I’m glad I did! A few things I saw:

What the hex was that hit angle on Dtilt at 1:18?! No, that’s definitely different. Last iteration couldn’t even match that with outward DI. Unless that’s a fluke that’s a big red flag for it’s future as a combo move. Same for *DThrow. I spent a lot of time on that move and unless the players all around have been DI outward on it every time, the angle is worse there too. Dtilt’s reverse hitbox looks alright again (kinda like Brawl’s) when she spins and hits squirrel with the back later. Speed all around looks unchanged and solid. Looked like it was doing 6-7%? Prolly 1v1 boosts but one can hope it was damage buffs.

Late in the vid Zard literally fell out of her multi Jab lmao. Not shocked because this happens with every rapid jab if held to long. Ftilt looking literally unchanged tho....

I know our current recording from Ffamran was showing not incredibly buffed Landing Lag, but her aerials were looking better. Just, like, better and faster. Anyone know if more changes were made between E3 and CEO? Also there’s that elusive 25% LK again. I just need Sakurai to tell us what is going on with that move lol.

Dsmash also looked good. Zelda kept being able to shield and move after endlag surprisingly quick, but off the top I can’t say it ain’t me having placebo. Either way it looked nice.

Seeing a move away from Zelda having any reliable combing moves, which is kinda a bummer to me. Some fresh things are showing up though with the rest of her moves and I can’t wait to see how those affect Zelda

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
so it might not be a good idea to go to like the Link boards and call them all gorls
It would be pretty damn funny to watch those elitist punks go into a hissy-fit over it.

(Seriously, how the Link boards got the way they have when they don't have the tournament results to back it up is beyond me.)

On a happier note, I'm really enjoying the match vids being shared here. Thanks to everyone who has provided them!

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Here's another vod guys. Anyone wanna do some fact finding? I will when I get home but this video looks like a decent Zelda. She uses phantom interestingly, and even appraoches with it

https://youtu.be/XZuXLJMdsLs
Okay I really like that guy's zelda. Even though some of the stuff he tried didn't work, he was actually using his brain.

You can see the phantom still acts as a wall and has a health bar (thank god I wasn't sure if it would just die in one hit). I hope it's health is increased from smash 4.
It looks like there is a blindspot right in front of the phantom.

I like how he approached with the phantom pressure here. Phantom covered the ground while Zelda covered the air.

Dtilt to fair still works. Ike player might have DI'd bad.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Okay I really like that guy's zelda. Even though some of the stuff he tried didn't work, he was actually using his brain.

You can see the phantom still acts as a wall and has a health bar (thank god I wasn't sure if it would just die in one hit). I hope it's health is increased from smash 4.
It looks like there is a blindspot right in front of the phantom.
It...almost looks like the Phantom is actually completely nullifying the attack. Watch Ike's sword tip as it hits the Phantom. It creates a little clear bubble like hit effect, which is reserved for clanks and invincibility iirc

Could the Phantom actually be fully invincible at a certain stage?
I'm just gonna skim over that blatant blindspot atm and pray they fix it by release

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
It...almost looks like the Phantom is actually completely nullifying the attack. Watch Ike's sword tip as it hits the Phantom. It creates a little clear bubble like hit effect, which is reserved for clanks and invincibility iirc

I'm just gonna skim over that blatant blindspot atm and pray they fix it by release
Maybe the phantom shield blocks attacks? This is getting me so excited. I can't wait to test out the phantom.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx

That’s not a blind spot, I’m pretty sure. I’ve seen Ike nair autocancels In Smash Ultimate, and then he buffered roll. It was just pretty much frame perfect timing if I’m not mistaken. I don’t think it’s fully invincible.

Interestly enough, I’ve noticed characters rolls have sooner IASA (interruptible as soon as) frames on the end of their roll animations.

Let’s say Ike’s roll is, for example, 30 frames, for the entire animation. However he can interrupt on Frame 19 of the roll with anything. No different than Zelda’s Up Tilt Spam Hacks in Smash 4.

It’s when you spam your roll that you are further forced into the roll animation with each successive roll.

Guys. It looks like if she gets the charge fully, phantom cannot be stopped or destroyed UNLESS SHE IS HIT. THAT MAKES IT BALANCED AHHHHH

Rickster, we noticed that before, I'll get a gif. Eeeeek But this makes TOO much sense.

Zelda can't cancel the charge to make this move more balanced.
If Zelda charges, she's vulnerable. If she's forced to pop it early, the Phantom comes out, it will clang (see donkey Kong back air example) and nulify one attack (sort of like a counter) and can be destroyed after the hitbox is finished. (Like punishing a counter)
if she gets the delay, it's only punishable if you can hit her, and it makes sense since it seems her whole game is getting the charge and running away from you, so phantom can hit or lead Zelda into a successful situation.

Not only that but the move does infact shield block. Phantoms biggest problem in Smash 4 was it was a sitting duck no matter what. Depending on the charge level, It stayed out for longer. Which is why it died if you whiffed a full charge and rendered it useless for ten seconds. Now, you choose when it’s a sitting duck.

so you have a 50/50 Rock Paper Scissors option. You can bust it early in neutral ,it instantly attacks levels 1 to 5. It tanks a counter attack UP to 13 percent. Since it’s instant they have to shield. So you force shield. If they don’t they’re eating a Phantom.

Now Imagine what level 5 phantom does. you BAIT shield by reaching level 5 as they prepare to shield the hit. You can bait this by popping a couple phantoms early. Instead you reach level six and grab them as their sitting if shield if they’re right up on you. It tanks up to 13 percent still and up close an attack that does over 13 Percent probably isn’t fast enough to avoid being grabbed by ZELDA. Zelda can now double shield block by shielding in or near the Phantom. This completely DESTROYS double hit moves like links two hit forward smash!!! As well as WONKY DOWNSMASHES THAT HIT TWICE FROM BAD DI OR WONKY HITBOXES

I know this can be followed if they pay attention to the armor, but with BTURNing approaches and mix ups, and how FAST the charge time is, it’s going to be a hard ****ing mix up in her overal all kit to deal with. If teleporting wasn’t enough of a problem for her opponents, now she has another way to get a free teleport set up out of the Phantom blocking an attack for her. (You can do this in Smash 4...if your phantoms up XD)

I hope everybody at least sees why I’m so hyped for her. Her defensive game isn’t as bad with that move, and if she can constantly keep them guessing they can’t get into her zone to exploit her weak defensive options. Teleport mixed with Phantoms is gonna make her deadly.

It’s time.

Time for the Wreckoning.

Last edited:

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
The changes to Phantom plus if Din's Fire actually has better frame data means that Zelda can be an actual threat from a distance now. This could make people want to approach Zelda more, which is exactly what she wants. I'm super hyped!

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Guys. This is a Reddit post confirming that Wavelanding is actually GOOD and better than people have judged, with new videos from CEO

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ashing_in_ultimate/?utm_source=reddit-android

If this is true, Zelda's downthrow sets up for a second downthrow. Which was one of many good things about her in Melee.

EDIT: it'll only set up for anotgwr throw if you pummel them for a bit first, because of the new regrab mechanics

Makes her kicks and Phantom stronger too. Even fsmash.

Last edited:

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Right now I just want more footage to verfiy if phantom really has invulnerability when it's out. My guess would be the phantom's shield is like palutena's shield. Based on the footage of it nullifying ike's fair

Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Right now I just want more footage to verfiy if phantom really has invulnerability when it's out. My guess would be the phantom's shield is like palutena's shield. Based on the footage of it nullifying ike's fair
Ugh. Just found a new zelda vod. Bad bad bad angle. But this video confirms phantom can be struck and killed. Fox fire seems to kill it instantly.

https://youtu.be/kV3Uzuqr3tM

Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Fox fire hit the phantom from the back. Perhaps the back and head of the phantom are its weakspots, but the front is protected with the shield invulnerability?
OH this would make a ton of sense...not sure if that's the case but it makes sense logically. Hitting suited enemies on the back in Zelda games made their armor fall to the ground, and expose their weakness. Since it starts behind her you would have to get behind it after it's out to kill it. Intertesting...

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
That Nair into fair was sick

And that upsmash killed like directly in front of her from the looks of it

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
More from Nairo!

Can we talk about the Phantom at 1:00? It looks like the Phantom will stop on any platforms while being assembled. That could lead to some pretty interesting stage coverage on tri plat stages

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
New tech!? Phantom is full of surprises. We still don't know much about the uncompleted stages too.
Very cool find. The first use for this that came to mind for me was using it to cover high recoveries, but people will probably go for ledge most of the time anyways, thought it was worth mentioning.
Definitely can have application in neutral to hinder the opponent from relying on aerials or being airborne in general. Seems kinda risky, but could be worth in the right situation. If you’re not already on a platform it’s probably more worth to go for the normal ground level Phantom. At the very least you could probably fall from the respawn platform and place this guy on a platform safely while you’re invincible.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
This time Samsora used ha

Notes:
lmao a couple the hitbox interactions. Usmash lookin’ like the same hitbox scheme. (The time it KOs it clearly connects from a low hitbox inside Zelda which would suggest it has the 3 upper 1 lower hitbox scheme. Not a shock, just a clock) Near the start it horribly misses out at point blank, giving srs S4 vibes. Dtilt also trolling pit’s Usmash from the platform lol

Kinda hard to clock, but right after the elevator near the end, Zelda does a Landing UAir and you can see the the late autocancel window is still broken. (In Brawl AND SSB4 the move would initiate the Landing lag animation even after the point when it looks realistic, like, she would be visually done with the pointing and then revert back slightly when she hit the ground. It just looked erroneous.) In other words she still can’t autcancel UAir after the hitbox :urg: the very apparent low Landing lag alliviates that a bunch, but it’s basically a bug that the move has no late AC and it’s still in smh.

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
Did Fox just die at 92 to a dash attack midstage?

LOL.
it killed because fox started an upsmash so the knockback from the dash attack was increased :(

(In Brawl AND SSB4 the move would initiate the Landing lag animation even after the point when it looks realistic, like, she would be visually done with the pointing and then revert back slightly when she hit the ground. It just looked erroneous.)
this is extremely annoying, same with her fair and bair in 4, especially fair:

zelda kicks, then goes into that "super fancy" spin animation, but when she lands, her leg is stretched as if she landed during the kick

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
It's great that we get footage.

Just bummed it's people who have incredibly bad habits.

That second video he farores right back into marth and gets punished everytime.

Then people see it and they're like ZELDA SUCKS AGAIN 10/10 GG

SMH

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
More zelda footage!

An aerial ledge cancel at 1:19 here!
0:56 - 0:59
I'd hate to be that dude and am not sure if that has been done already but can someone count the amount of frames jab has on its end lag?
I would but im on break at work

Jab whilst slow in smash 4 was actually still a great spacing and combo tool and had a lot more utilities then people gave it credit for especially when paired with perfect pivoting, and while of course I am all for learning a new zelda I would prefer if that aspect still remain especially with the buff on its frame data

Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
0:56 - 0:59
I'd hate to be that dude and am not sure if that has been done already but can someone count the amount of frames jab has on its end lag?
I would but im on break at work

Jab whilst slow in smash 4 was actually still a great spacing and combo tool and had a lot more utilities then people gave it credit for especially when paired with perfect pivoting, and while of course I am all for learning a new zelda I would prefer if that aspect still remain especially with the buff on its frame data
I will or Klic Klac most likely will when one of us are home. We've been kind of Manning the tedious process of gif making on mobile devices lol

Top Bottom