• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
why the hell does peach's down tilt meteor smash only when opponents are grounded? this means they can punish it by neutral teching thanks to the crap bouce mechanic.
It only meteor smashes them when they're grounded. For some reason the CPU gets meteor smashes all the time though. Human upponents will usually simply fly upwards with a million frames of hitstun.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Omg fair hits like a truck...
I know right? I sometimes kill people at like 100% now with this, it's insane. Now let's pray that the Fair > turnip throw thingie is somewhat safe on shield.

does this game even have combos?
Not a lot considering most moves of almost all characters have more base knockback.

Anyway, as for her combos: her Dair combos have been slightly nerfed but Dair > Fair or Dair > Bair (depending on the direction they're flying to) connect reliable until around 50-60%. Sometimes you will ahve to double jump. Dair > Uair works at times too. Dair > Dair rarely seems to work and is usually not worth it from what I have seen. Dair > Nair is good a low percents, but they sometimes fly away too far. Apart from Dair combos she has ground float Nair which seems much faster now, Dtilt which is probably her best combo moves considering opponents are in hitstun for an eternity and Dthrow is also very solid. She still has her combos but it gets some time to get used to. It may also involve a bit more reading but punishing is easier in combos since airdodge and many aerials have more ending lag.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
As of this moment i like how brawl peach feels. She feels slower in this. Then again I'm not expecting much for the ds version. I can only prey in the Wii version it feels different or i will say she may not be that great. Regardless I will continue to play her.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Peach doesn't click well with me for the 3DS at all. I knew I'd be hindered without the Cstick, but I didn't think it was this bad. I'm not giving up on her though - I'll keep working at it. If all else fails, there's always the WiiU version where I know I can handle her.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What do I do against a Megaman that won't stop running and spamming projectiles? :(

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Does anyone else find it MUCH easier to control Peach and her floated aerials with Attack set to X and Jump set to A?

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Does anyone else find it MUCH easier to control Peach and her floated aerials with Attack set to X and Jump set to A?
I assigned Attack to B and Special to Y and then X and A are the jump buttons. This is how I played Brawl because it felt the closest to Melee for me as far as button layout goes.

Personally Peach clicked with me the first match I played, I've tried playing other characters but nobody clicks as well with me as Peach does, even with the 3DS controls.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving Peach in this game! Forward aerial is so amazing combined with Float Canceling Vegetable Toss.

Personally, I wasn't bothered by the C-Stick absence. I've played Melee, Brawl and Project M... Yet, I almost never used it. XD

So far, I'm using this button setup :

- X (Top) : Jump
- A (Right) : Attack
- Y (Left) : Specials

I really wish I could turn B (Bottom) into a second "Specials" rather than having "Jump". ;w; Does anybody know if it's possible?

FireFrost

Smash Rookie
I still have to wait until Wii U version. The struggle is real.

I hope you guys are discovering all of Peach's strongest areas. Sounds like she's going to be really good like always.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Does anyone have good combos for her?
ALSO I LOVE THE PEACH BOMBER ITS SO SPAMMABLE! Ive started and finished so many combos with it
Also anyone else notice that her back air seems to be nerfed?
does this game even have combos?
Did you 2 seriously need read my guide and the vids I put up??????????????

What do I do against a Megaman that won't stop running and spamming projectiles? :(
Learn how to punish people who roll a lot is a start. Cause I assume that's what is getting to you.

- You can float over mega man when he has his leaf shield and dair him.

- Mega Man has no answer to pressure. So when you are near him, expect the player to roll a lot or side step.

- His buster is not safe up close

- If you get attached with the bomb. You can go near mega man and shield when it I about to set off.

Mega Man is not really hard to get close too. Just go near him and let the player flinch with a roll or a side step. And then punish.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks! I think I just need to get used to the matchup. What would happen is he would escape by rolling one way or another, then run to the other end of the stage.

Also, Sonic is hella annoying... so hard to guess and I honestly don't know how to guard against his nonsense.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks! I think I just need to get used to the matchup. What would happen is he would escape by rolling one way or another, then run to the other end of the stage.

Also, Sonic is hella annoying... so hard to guess and I honestly don't know how to guard against his nonsense.
Pin him towards the ledge if he rolls away. Then get close to him and use the float movement to move back. He will roll towards you and you can get a free punish. If he does not roll towards you while you do this a few times, them you can approach him. This is how you corner pressure an opponent.

For sonic, you wanna use ALOT of grounded nairs. This beats his spin dashes approaches or recoveries. This is also good with a turnip since you can TLC (Turnip Lag cancel). Your Nair would be canceled instantly an you have a turnip to cover you if he tries to roll in after. This slows down sonic an gives you a chance to get close and pressure him. Or just wall him out if you have the lead. He does not have a good answer to this. I suggest you go into training mode and practice this. If you can not do this well, sonic will just spin dash on you and hit you for free with lil to no effort.

Also if you ever block a spindash, go near sonic upon hi landing. DO NOT TRY TO PUNISH HIM INTHE AIR, Once you do, you are now close to sonic. And in this cause corner pressure if near the ledge. Use the method I told you on dealing wit an evasive mega man. Then use the steps I said on dealing with sonic a this range. Mix up your pressure with nairs to TLC. And throw in some down tilts. At this point can not punish this. So he me might try to roll. If he does, you know what to do.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch I have tried ground nair a lot but it doesn't do much good. I do dsmash to catch rolls but that's all I got :(

Doesn't help I don't have any idea how Sonic even works :( Never had the misfortune of having a Sonic player at a tournament x_x

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch I have tried ground nair a lot but it doesn't do much good. I do dsmash to catch rolls but that's all I got :(

Doesn't help I don't have any idea how Sonic even works :( Never had the misfortune of having a Sonic player at a tournament x_x
Just need to practice it more.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I've really been enjoying Peach but some friends of mine are reminding me that I don't like facing Lucario. Facing him in Smash 4 with the Aura buff as well as the Rage system can be pretty frustrating for me sometimes because I feel like my attempts to rack damage on him just makes it so he can completely turn things around with little effort.
Thankfully one in particular still has the Brawl habit of rolling all the time so I can land backwards-charged Front Smashes but, eh.

Last edited:

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
It's great to see all the old peach mains from old times coming out of the wood work. Now just need NicoB and King Beef.

Last edited:

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
So I found a graphical glitch with peach.

I'm on the mario 3d land stage and peach's parasol wont go above her head. She just rests the top of it against her back, it doesnt affect the attack but its bugging. Me . Its like she wont complete the move

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch there r so many follow ups after d-throw and many people think f-tilt was nerfed but tbh I think it was buffed because it has a good amount of hitstun and it's faster now but I was wondering if d-smash is good for players that roll a lot and I was also wondering how does peach approuch because I've been using turnips and peach bombers and also R customizations legal in tournament?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So I've just got off For Glory after having multiple games with an absolutely excellent Fire alt Peach (and an equally excellent Rosalina + Luma).

Leon, if you see this, I was Rick playing the Pink Peach! I hope you visit these boards and see this message - I had a lot of fun having Peach dittos with you! Your Peach is absolutely brilliant and you should definitely post on these boards (or maybe you already do!!)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch there r so many follow ups after d-throw and many people think f-tilt was nerfed but tbh I think it was buffed because it has a good amount of hitstun and it's faster now but I was wondering if d-smash is good for players that roll a lot and I was also wondering how does peach approuch because I've been using turnips and peach bombers and also R customizations legal in tournament?
Your sentence is way too long and I can't really tell what you are trying to ask me.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Just came in to say Hiiii.

How has everyone been? Been playing Smash 4 and the Peach nostalgia came back to me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All my old kids coming back along with the new ones. This is a lil too much. Damm kids gonna be the death of me.....

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Uncle Peach never surprises to support the best character with his dedication.

Smash is and always will be part of my life. So I'm always around. Good to see plenty of other old faces. I bumped into PeachKid on a twitch stream a while back.

Now that I'm an old man, I'll try to support Peach's meta game with my wisdom too.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Your sentence is way too long and I can't really tell what you are trying to ask me.
Is down smash good for characters that need to spot dodge or sidestep a lot?

What does peach do to approuch?

Are customizations legal in tournaments?

I hope that clears it a bit more

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
- I personally don't like using that move so much for roll punished. I usually use grounded nairs or short hop dairs. Dsmash can work, but I don't find it so reliable. Grounded Nair and dair is what I feel is best. to punish rolling habits.

- Used spaced grounded nairs and fairs while having a turnip in hand. When you land you can TLC and get close to someone. If the turnip bounces off their shield, you can regrab it with a nair or short hop fair. And go for more TLC mix ups. Don't TLC all the time. You can space an attack and run back to a jump cancel throw behind you to halt approaches. Each time the turnip hits the enemy or shield, you can regrab it again. For shield pressure you can space a grounded nair to a TLC and then Dtilt. People can't push buttons on this. You can do this with fair if you space it well. Quick sessions of nairs with turnip in hand really make it hard for one to come in at you. And if they choose to always wanna roll just pin them near the ledge. And bait them to roll towards you and punish. That's pretty much her game that I came up with and been doing. And it's been working just fine when I can actually control her well

- As of now in my area, no. I don't know what other regions are doing. But in general I think they are not..

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
- I personally don't like using that move so much for roll punished. I usually use grounded nairs or short hop dairs. Dsmash can work, but I don't find it so reliable. Grounded Nair and dair is what I feel is best. to punish rolling habits.

- Used spaced grounded nairs and fairs while having a turnip in hand. When you land you can TLC and get close to someone. If the turnip bounces off their shield, you can regrab it with a nair or short hop fair. And go for more TLC mix ups. Don't TLC all the time. You can space an attack and run back to a jump cancel throw behind you to halt approaches. Each time the turnip hits the enemy or shield, you can regrab it again. For shield pressure you can space a grounded nair to a TLC and then Dtilt. People can't push buttons on this. You can do this with fair if you space it well. Quick sessions of nairs with turnip in hand really make it hard for one to come in at you. And if they choose to always wanna roll just pin them near the ledge. And bait them to roll towards you and punish. That's pretty much her game that I came up with and been doing. And it's been working just fine when I can actually control her well

- As of now in my area, no. I don't know what other regions are doing. But in general I think they are not..
Would be approuching with peach bomber be safe since it's fast and almost lagless, I also try to go in and pivot grab and get a down-throw>f-tilt>peach bomber combo because in a tournament a saw Nairo use pivot grabs to really good use

Top Bottom