• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I pretty much think this:

@ZeroBlindDragonPeach "sucks" right now because there aren't very many veteran Peach players that have the game and the fundamental Peach "techskill" needed to play her effectively. Peach is also very awkward so people tend to avoid her, at least from what I've seen on some streams.
There's yet to be any hard evidence as to Peach's future placement on the tier list... since there's been no dedicated Peach players seen in tournaments as of yet. And while Fair is slower and Turnips have been nerfed, there seem to be a few ways of getting around this. That and her kill power has been buffed overall. She seems more buffed than nerfed since Brawl, really.

If anything, I'd expect her to keep a mid tier spot similar to Brawl. Hopefully, she'll do more though.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll turn that brain dead tier list upside down once That game comes to the state. The fact these fools think she is that low shows people know lil to nothing about her. Which makes it easier for me to win.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
People are just blind right now. They think if a character is hard to use and can't be figured out, that they are bad. It's a lazy mentality. If a character has a gimmick they can get away with or can't figure out, they are good in their eyes. This is why I call nearly all tier list I see crap. (really this one) But there is something I plan to do. Not for the community, but mainly Peach players.

I decided what I wanna do for a current career. I wanna get into the E sports scene. But with my character to start off. For years since brawl, I have wrote many guides. Many notes on my own times just being bored on my PC. Debated with 100's of people in the forums alone on my thoughts. After seeing a stream about epsorts with D1 and talking to him, he thought the best way I could start out is with my character. Sm4sh would be a good start. Already people have made a tier list without everyone having the game yet, and they have my character as low. Shows that these guys really don't take the time to learn things. Judge by image, go by a gimmick that seems cheap/legit, and then think its the best. That mentality is what I am gonna take advantage of and just beat the **** out of people for and make them learn the hard way.

I was suggested to start making articles with what I know and discover. Then share it. Starting networking and talk to people. So I won't keep most of this stuff to myself ( I already have huge notes on Peach already I not show or tell anyone in the community). Skill level of the game would be important in this as well. I'll try once again to be a top player in this game, but I'm not gonna state my thoughts on how I feel this will go....

Hopefully I can get things really going with the right people, step up my streaming big time and an esports way, and be able to travel around. I wanna share my thoughts and write things up with my character and somethings about the scene to help people out. I'm no big start player or some famous person people go crazy about or blow up their new feeds with. But I feel I get more respect then half of these big name players out there right now cause of what I like to do and my drive for it with my character. I not think it was possible getting such a status for being some medicore Peach player. I can only imagine how it would be once I get all of this together,

Mr.Lee

Smash Cadet
I agree that she will have a lot of potential, but I'm just sad that her turnip game seems horrible since they took out glide tossing and the amount of lag when pulling out turnips.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Her turnip game is not horrible. Glide tossing really has nothing to do with her turnip game. Its was a form of approaching. Same way people like to jump in the air to a turnip toss to a typical air move,

Mr.Lee

Smash Cadet
I'm just saying that the set ups that glide tossing had we're amazing and now they are gone. But I've seen her float game has gotten a slight buff. Like I'm saying, her potential is still there. Also tier list get stupid in the beginning of games so... :p

BoAA

Smash Rookie
NNID
stevengomoo
3DS FC
4682-8769-2945
Most people I compete against don't even know how to fight against a good Peach since Peach mains aren't too common compared to other characters. I actually don't mind if she's low on a tier list cause I'd much rather have people underestimate my character and not know how to fight against her than already have a set strategy to counter her

Whenever I fight people they're always talking to their friends saying "man how do I fight against Peach?!" And get frustrated when I win haha

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm just saying that the set ups that glide tossing had we're amazing and now they are gone. But I've seen her float game has gotten a slight buff. Like I'm saying, her potential is still there. Also tier list get stupid in the beginning of games so... :p
Worrying about what she does not have is not gonna do anything. It's a new game and people and people need to worry about her strengths to deal with her weaknesses.

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
I have news! The peach bomber has priority over captain falcons side special (raptor boost?)

Meaning, if the 2 moves collide, the peach bomber will deal damage, not the raptor boost

Its in a video called

Peach (me) vs captain falcon (cpu9) ssb4 3ds

No idea if this is healpful or not. Just figured you should know

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
I have news! The peach bomber has priority over captain falcons side special (raptor boost?)

Meaning, if the 2 moves collide, the peach bomber will deal damage, not the raptor boost

Its in a video called

Peach (me) vs captain falcon (cpu9) ssb4 3ds

No idea if this is healpful or not. Just figured you should know
So...The butt is mightier than the fist.

Edit: Found it. http://youtu.be/gove5BG7pNw?t=20s

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so I know before that people have said that Peach has a black void under her dress because her 3D model has no underwear. I didn't know what it looked like but now I know.

This is EXACTLY like her Mario Party models. The only thing that's modeled are her legs and without the black void there, all we would see are legs. This is the same reason why Rosalina has that starry-cosmos pattern under her dress (except her legs are modeled up to her knees). I'm guessing they are modeled that way due to hardware limitations and for easier 3D animation.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I thought her Mario Party models had the petticoat though?? Although I'm really only thinking of the N64 versions haha
Yeah, the N64 versions did have a petticoat though. The Mario Party models that don't have the petticoat are the ones from 4 and onward, but I'm pretty sure that some of them did have the petticoat textures though.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The void just looks so ugly though. Also, it reminds me of Final Fantasy V but then I think of how incredibly weird it would be if an airship was constantly travelling back and forth through it to save the world haha

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The void just looks so ugly though. Also, it reminds me of Final Fantasy V but then I think of how incredibly weird it would be if an airship was constantly travelling back and forth through it to save the world haha
Well I don't think we'll encounter this weird void problem in the Wii U version since it can handle more polygons. You know, at first Rosalina had this same problem during her reveal and in some of the demos where she had nothing but a void too, with no starry / spacey textures. It looked so ugly at the time, but now that Peach has this un-fixable problem, we're gonna have to deal with it until the Wii U version comes out.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
what makes you think the wii u version won't have this? lol. palutena doesn't have one in the 3ds version.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
what makes you think the wii u version won't have this? lol. palutena doesn't have one in the 3ds version.
That's different, You can completely see Palutenas leg in her model, it would be impossible to place a void there without screwing up her model

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'll turn that brain dead tier list upside down once That game comes to the state. The fact these fools think she is that low shows people know lil to nothing about her. Which makes it easier for me to win.
True that.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Question for anyone that has played. From what I've seen the fair on to shield from a falling angle is just awful. Would it be better to just short hop retreat fair be a better choice from this point forward? If anyone understand what I'm saying that is....

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Question for anyone that has played. From what I've seen the fair on to shield from a falling angle is just awful. Would it be better to just short hop retreat fair be a better choice from this point forward? If anyone understand what I'm saying that is....
It seems power aerials got more lag generally. Just look at Falcon's knee on landing.
Perhaps this is a better way of encouraging smart use of power moves than Brawl staling?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That 'void' looks absolutely ridiculous lmao.

Lol certainly would have made Bartz and co.'s adventure more interesting...

I haven't played but @ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch mentioned earlier in the thread that you can use Fair and land laglessly if you perform a short hop and Fair at the same time. Or you could Float at head height and perform retreating Floating Fairs.

Imo, it's looking more and more likely that the best way to space Fair is to perform retreating Floating Fairs so as to avoid any possible punish from hitting someone's shield (the shield stun is super low in this game).

On the subject, I am pretty worried about trying to defend with Fair, especially when trying to land after being hit up in the air.

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I know before that people have said that Peach has a black void under her dress because her 3D model has no underwear. I didn't know what it looked like but now I know.

This is EXACTLY like her Mario Party models. The only thing that's modeled are her legs and without the black void there, all we would see are legs. This is the same reason why Rosalina has that starry-cosmos pattern under her dress (except her legs are modeled up to her knees). I'm guessing they are modeled that way due to hardware limitations and for easier 3D animation.
OH IS THAT WHY THEY CHANGED HER UP AERIAL?

I would've hated to see a black void every time I use her up aerial xD. But it's all good, the rainbow swipe is really awesome.

What really sucks though, is her dress is connected to her legs, and her hair won't go flying up when she's falling to the ground. If what I'm saying is confusing, check out brawl videos of Peach, and then 3DS versions of Peach.

The dress looks really weird, and the hair looks "glued" to her back.

Last edited:

FireFrost

Smash Rookie
Okay so there's been lots of talk on tiers lately. And like most of you have said Peach just isn't being used to her potential. People are so impatient and aren't waiting to see every characters full abilities. Peach is defiantly unique and once people get an understanding of her she'll be higher up. Before you know it dedicated Peach mains will be in tournaments and these "top-tier" Bowsers will be shown what real skill is.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay so there's been lots of talk on tiers lately. And like most of you have said Peach just isn't being used to her potential. People are so impatient and aren't waiting to see every characters full abilities. Peach is defiantly unique and once people get an understanding of her she'll be higher up. Before you know it dedicated Peach mains will be in tournaments and these "top-tier" Bowsers will be shown what real skill is.
Exactly this. Just look at how Peach in Melee was at first; she wasn't seen as a good character overall, but when Armada showed up, he showed people how good Peach can be. We gotta give Peach's metagame some time to develop in the hands of dedicated Peach mains (she'll be one of mine).

Last edited:

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Peach was already high tier before Armada appeared. If I'm not mistaken she is in the same place now or some where around it. It doesn't matter to me where she is to me. Will still main her. Also I know I won't be playing the ds version for long. Tech skill will return with the Wii U

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
a lot has happened in between, she wasn't seen as a good character overall and Armada showing up. Armada wasn't even well known until after brawl was released, if it takes until the sequel ...

personally I'm indifferent to her relative ranking as long as she's fun, but my gut's telling me that something is off. it's unsettling to seek nostalgia and finding something that works differently. but she'll at least get a few matches for old times sake.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
We just have to get you to all the tournaments. All of them. We must make peachie top tier.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach was already high tier before Armada appeared. If I'm not mistaken she is in the same place now or some where around it. It doesn't matter to me where she is to me. Will still main her. Also I know I won't be playing the ds version for long. Tech skill will return with the Wii U
I hate the DS controls uidshkjsdhgjksdh can't wait for the Wii version.

Although for now I'm pretty happy I can actually play the game :3

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I hate the DS controls uidshkjsdhgjksdh can't wait for the Wii version.

Although for now I'm pretty happy I can actually play the game :3
This scares me...mainly because the 3ds is going to be my only medium got the game for a long while...but it sounds like most people will be jumping ship as soon as the wiiu version surfaces.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Once Sm4sh WiiU comes out, I think I'll be wasting time on the 3DS version in between tourney sets. I usually be sitting off in a corner alone anyway, so why not past the time with something engaging?

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Once Sm4sh WiiU comes out, I think I'll be wasting time on the 3DS version in between tourney sets. I usually be sitting off in a corner alone anyway, so why not past the time with something engaging?
May I join you?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Dark Pch says you can but I personally havent been able to do it at all. If you can its really hard and requires very strict timing. Floating the Fair and moving back seems like the sagest option to use this move.

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Guys... You may not believe it but Peach Bomber is REALLY amazing. Not only is it really fast now and does it travel an incredible, it's also bounces off every defensive option (yes that includes shield, spot dodge AND roll. Havent seen air dodge yet but it probably bounces off that too) making it an incredibly safe option unless you whiff it (in which case it still lags pretty hard). Its sooo good when it bounces though. You may have to get used to using this move (I keep forgettig about sincd it sucked in earlier games) but we will definitely have to use this a lot!!

Dark Pch says you can but I personally havent been able to do it at all. If you can its really hard and requires very strict timing. Floating the Fair and moving back seems like the sagest option to use this move.
This information is beautiful.

The booty is stronger than the shield.

I am far more excited to play her now (even though I was already pretty tempted to main her again).

Top Bottom