• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Kie said it might be referring to an AT where during a float you could use an N-Air or B-Air and let of od the float which then lets you hit twice the damage due canceilng the attack. I highly suspect it being so.
OH thank goodness. I know what that is. It only works on her bair and nair because they have long hitboxes. They hit twice when you hit someone with it then cancel the float and it hits again.

Can anyone link me to or post any information provided by kie about peach. (translated of course) please :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
OH thank goodness. I know what that is. It only works on her bair and nair because they have long hitboxes. They hit twice when you hit someone with it then cancel the float and it hits again.

Can anyone link me to or post any information provided by kie about peach. (translated of course) please :)
Here:

Aaaaah no I think I see what he means! So basically what happened is:

I found that site that lists the changes and I discovered that it's a discussion between a few people.

One of them interpreted the change as "only one attack per float".
The other one, however, interpreted it as "double hit aerials are gone". He means the stuff where you float a Nair or Bair and cancel your float which causes Nair/Bair to hit twice and do more damage.

I'm actually 95% sure Kie means the second one. No worries guys, Peach is still alive! Sorry if I gave you heart attacks and all, this change was a bit hard to understand.

So yeah, in conclusion the change (very likely) is:

- Double Nair/Bair hit is gone.

My apologies for any shocks I could have caused.
I hope that's true BTW. I'd be surprised they'd dig deep to remove one of best aspects about being Peach in Smash.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
It wouldn't make any sense to make her stop float mid attack, because what would off the stage fighting be like for her?
That's her strongest game.
Everything Peach would be gone.

Last edited:

FireFrost

Smash Rookie
So I suppose her Nair is basically the same? I thought that was always pretty useful.

I also hope her Dtilt is easier to meteor smash with this time.

D

Deleted member

So I suppose her Nair is basically the same? I thought that was always pretty useful.

I also hope her Dtilt is easier to meteor smash with this time.
Landing a meteor Dtilt is so satisfying omg, I remember being on Basic Brawl and pulling it off on a Pit and it felt great ^0^ I do agree with you, I hope it'll be easier o: Peach needs a good meteor smash!

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
All of Her Majesty's aerials attacks have always been great, in my opinion. I would be very interested to compare the damage and knockback each move deals in correlation with their respective landing lag in SSB4. I would probably base my spacing and offense mindset with these informations!

Regarding Peach's Down-Tilt... I barely use this move at all. Maybe I should. XD I always attempt to edgeguard like Armada or use Down-Smash near the edge.

D

Deleted member

Since there are only a few Potd's left, I really hope one is where Sakurai shows Peach's Fire alt along with Fire Mario cx. THEY CAN BE TOGETHER AS A FIRE COUPLE!

AlwaysMilk

Smash Cadet
NNID
DivineMilk
3DS FC
3668-9753-1480
We just wait till the game comes out guys. Then will start seeing how nerfed and buffed Peach really is~

I heard her D-Smash is like a vacuum which pulls in opponents into the several of hits they then receive and then thrown off or let go (Same knockback I guessing). Along with he D-Aeiral being like vacuum and doing the same thing. Just look at the bright side guys, but remember these are speculations we wait for 4 more days ;-; (All this is coming from a person who takes Peach seriously and jokingly. I see that there is always a way to be good with any character, can't wait you play wif you guys~)

AlwaysMilk

Smash Cadet
NNID
DivineMilk
3DS FC
3668-9753-1480
I just want to know if there is a Ponytail alt involved, and what the Dsmash is.

Imma die guys.
IMMA DIIIIEEEEE
Her D-Smash is the smash as their saying~ I'm actually fine with that, since when people usually side-step the opposite way I approach I usually turn to D-Smash and get them with it and now since it pulls in to do all the hits and then let go, it's just great. Depending on the lag on that move, Peach just might start combos off with that Smash itself.

BlueGardevoir

Smash Rookie
Guys I was thinking that floating + sideB (and its new buffs) gives to peach a very effective way to recover ...peach will not have to abuse air dodge ... Im so excited want to play with her NOW

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
Hey does anyone know if the Dair for peach is confirmed?? That and if you can combo stuff into the bomber or do we just not know

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
I hope they actually fixed her airdodge so it's not the worst in the game again...

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
If one of the unique alternate special moves we could have gotten was actually just a slightly different version of a move we already have now...

I would throw up.
Get your sick bucket at the ready then because judging by every custom move we've seen so far that's what we're going to get.

Every example of custom moves we've seen (with the exception of Palutena/Mii Fighters) all show them sharing the same animation as the standard special move. Mario's Fireball, DK's Giant Punch, Megaman's Up/Side special, MK's Drill Rush...the effects are different but the animation the character goes through is identical.

Maybe this means that regardless what Down Special is set to, it'll probably still have this new, extra lag :/

AlwaysMilk

Smash Cadet
NNID
DivineMilk
3DS FC
3668-9753-1480
Its been confirmed to be like brawl
<-- Not a Brawl Fanatic niether I'm a towards Melee or 64, but rather to all of them and Smash Bros Series. And I can assure you that this most likely splits between Melee and Brawl. After the new demo that came out for Japan this game was changed a lot from the E3 Demo, and thank god to most part.

micstar615

Smash Ace
The Air Dodges in this game are like Brawl's except they now have more landing lag, so you can't spam them as much I guess.

As for custom moves, they use the same animation but the effects can be very different from the standard version. For example Rosalina's standard down special is Gravitation pull but she has a custom down special called "Luma Guardian" which is quite different from Gravitational Pull. Another example is Kirby's ice breath custom standard B is very different from his Suck Up. There's a lot of potential for Peach as well, but we'll have to wait and see!

Last edited:

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
The Air Dodges in this game are like Brawl's except they now have more landing lag, so you can't spam them as much I guess.

As for custom moves, they use the same animation but the effects can be very different from the standard version. For example Rosalina's standard down special is Gravitation pull but she has a custom down special called "Luma Guardian" which is quite different from Gravitational Pull. Another example is Kirby's ice breath custom standard B is very different from his Suck Up. There's a lot of potential for Peach as well, but we'll have to wait and see!
My guesses for peach:

Side b- peach bomber activates on walls
Side b 2 - bomber is like brawls with start up lag but does more damage

Peach bomber could also have explosions if fire or ice maybe??

Toad shield could have element effects like ice or fire spores or sleeping spores?

Faster turnip pulls or maybe powblock and timers like smb2? Or maybe large turnips?

No clue for umbrella...

Maybe just the uppercut umbrella with a higher jump but no float?

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Side note, but I think it's awesome how this thread has attracted and welcomed so many newcomers.

Stay peachy, guys.

:093:

BlueGardevoir

Smash Rookie
Since 2004 I ve been playing smash ... I have a freaking obsession with Peach and Gardevoir (the pokemon XD) ... I hope when the game release be able to play online with you all n___n

WE NEED MORE INFO I CANT WAIT * EXPLOTES*

FireFrost

Smash Rookie
Side note, but I think it's awesome how this thread has attracted and welcomed so many newcomers.

Stay peachy, guys.

I've been playing Smash with my cousin for as long as I can remember. So happy to have joined this group of awesomeness! Peach has and always will have a special place in my heart. Really hope I can play with you guys when Sm4sh comes out!

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
Since 2004 I ve been playing smash ... I have a freaking obsession with Peach and Gardevoir (the pokemon XD) ... I hope when the game release be able to play online with you all n___n

WE NEED MORE INFO I CANT WAIT * EXPLOTES*

We could literally be besties. Obsessed with gardevoir and peach too!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I've been playing Smash with my cousin for as long as I can remember. So happy to have joined this group of awesomeness! Peach has and always will have a special place in my heart. Really hope I can play with you guys when Sm4sh comes out!
I made a post here before that if people wanna hook up and talk, they can PM me their Skype. And I will make a Peach group where we can talk and set up matches with each other live.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I hope when the game release be able to play online with you all n___n
So happy to have joined this group of awesomeness! Peach has and always will have a special place in my heart. Really hope I can play with you guys when Sm4sh comes out!
The funny thing is that I only pretty recently started playing Peach in Brawl as I used to never understand her, but then she suddenly started to click with me. From there I inadvertently became a big fan of Peach as a character and exclusively use her in 3D World and Kart 8...

Yo so stoked to be playing this thing online god I hope the online is good please Ninty please
I made a post here before that if people wanna hook up and talk, they can PM me their Skype. And I will make a Peach group where we can talk and set up matches with each other live.
Does Smashboards have anything like the group system it used to? That'd be a good way to get members in one place to share information.

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
I'm so looking forward to play online with all of you as well! This is going to be so amazing! <3

Peach always held a special spot in my heart because she somewhat reflect my noble, kind, generous, brave and naive nature. She also deals with her (numerous) bullies quite admirably, often through diplomatic or hilariously troll-ish ways. She was kind of a role model for me. x)

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
#PeachNation

Anyway. Peachy, did you get the chance to play SSB4 with the japanese demo available? Please, keep us updated on any juicy informations you have. I am hungry. <3

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
do you want me to put your Skype thing on the main post ? i wouldn't really mind
i got to take a picture of peach on the lower part of the screen,
unfortunately, i couldn't switch her colors,
but this is just to see how the game will look like !
it was actually really impressive, it looked beautiful in person !
i didn't actually play the game, i wanted the first time to be as peach.

he played next to me for hours but i didn't budge :4peach:

i took pictures of a few other characters on the bottom screen if you're interested:

Last edited:
Top Bottom