• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Changes made to Peach sound like everything I don't want for her in Smash 4.

I'll still give her a honest shot and try to discover ATs, etc. for a good portion of competing (cause I'm genuinely interested w/ how Zipzo has claimed she feels very "different") but if she's not quick or combo heavy compared to how she was in Brawl I'll drop her very quickly lol. Kie's wording doesn't seem too confident judging from what's been stated, if there was something monumentally good I'm pretty sure he'd mention it off the bat. Still hoping for the best though!

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
"Can't attack out of second jump." what does that even mean?
That better not mean after I use my second jump, I can't attack at all.
That doesn't sound right - maybe it's related to not being able to Double Jump Cancel like in Melee. Not being able to actually attack during the 2nd jump would be an absurd and oddly specific change to Peach
My apologies, it seems I have mistranslated two points. The bolded and red parts are wrong:

A few things to add which Kie also states:

- Can't attack out of second jump.
- With the lowest altitude of floating, he means that you float slightly higher above the ground like you did in Melee. In Brawl, she would float lower to the ground, which means you could very effectively cancel dashes by floating and immediately canceling it. Apparently, this is out.
- Dsmash may have become even weaker. (Later however he says下スマはカスカスカス→微吹っ飛び?Is he implying the knockback may have got very slightly increased? I don't get this part)
- Can't say anything about the new Usmash
- Dair's knockback feels increased
- Glide toss is out.
- Air Dodge seems improved
These changes should be translated as follows (I have edited my initial post now):

- You can only attack once during a float. (very likely untrue)
- The ribbon hasn't increased Usmash's hitbox.
- Double Nair/Bair hit is gone.

According to this player who discusses the changes Kie posted on twitter (http://smashbros-matome.com/archives/12482012.html post number 646), he is not sure "what causes Peach to only be able to attack once during a float. The ending lag of her aerials may have increased or her floating time may have decreased. Anyway, it looks like a pretty painful nerf".

Personally I find it unlikely the ending lag of her aerials got increased but it may be possible they have decreased her floating time, or perhaps they have imposed some other kind of restriction that makes her unable to attack for a second time in her float.

Not entirely sure. Zipzo said it sucks opponents in and then hits them outwards with the last hit, and since SDI is apparently near-nonexistent in Smash 4, it'll launch people with the last hit every time. I decided to assume he was saying Dsmash was like Brawl, and not Melee's power.

Thanks for some clarification. Like I said, not the best with technical translations.
I thought your translations were really good actually, thanks a lot. Translating this stuff can be a real pain sometimes becomes of the terms they use, not to mention the move names. I never would have guessed he meant a stitchface with "hag rootstock"

Last edited:

z00ted

Yeah, that's a surefire towel-throw. If we can't find a way around that there's no way I'm playing her.
What was Sakurai thinking? Perhaps the balance team was watching too much Melee?

Don't even know how to begin thinking about this. Really upsetting X(

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
You can only attack once during a float? I hope this isn't true. If it is then everything that made Peach unique is being nerfed? I don't get why, she was already pretty meh in Brawl. If anything they should've buffed her, instead they severely nerfed her float game, which was her main niche. I hope this is wrong. I can take the nerfed turnip but this would be truly saddening.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yikes, Peach sounds bad. Still, I recommend waiting for the game to be out before writing her off.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah, that's a surefire towel-throw. If we can't find a way around that there's no way I'm playing her.
What was Sakurai thinking? Perhaps the balance team was watching too much Melee?
If Peach becomes the new Jigglypuff , i'm so done with these games.
This just cant be happening! They are gonna make me even Miss Brawl Peach
:demon:

z00ted

Yeah, this is some seriously horrifying stuff lmao. Honestly this is even worse than Diddy's loss of a banana.
There's almost no way a character can recover from nerfs like that (esp. Peach), it DEFINES their competitive nature.

D

Deleted member

Yikes, Peach sounds bad. Still, I recommend waiting for the game to be out before writing her off.
She's gotten too many nerfs. I'm actually pissed about it. I really am close to dropping her if the one attack per float thing is true. That would be a horrible nerf.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I can see why they kept her behind the scenes. Peachy had to be slammed on with Nerf Hammer after looking how well she just truly performs before. Yikes...

I hope the above aren't truly true at the end, I'd miss my amazing Peach from last games. Combining this with Marth's nerfs, my old Smash couple would feel almost dead to me.

Such a sad, sad day guys... :(

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's like Sakurai made a checklist of everything that made Brawl Peach good and then went 'Nope! Not this time!'

Hell, even the Uair change is a double edged sword considering the higher hitstun in this game would have been ideal for Peach Uair strings that you see in Brawl

P.S before I forget can I just say thanks to the people in this thread providing translations of Kie's info - this info is hugely appreciated. Send Kie a big thanks as well if you get the chance :)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
She's gotten too many nerfs. I'm actually pissed about it. I really am close to dropping her if the one attack per float thing is true. That would be a horrible nerf.
I stand by my statement: Wait for the game to be out before passing judgment on Smash 4 Peach.
So when is the smash 4+ mod coming out?
It could happen in a few years for Smash 3DS, at least. :p

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I got this info from some people commenting on Kie's tweets. Kie is being somewhat unclear with one of his changes so there is a possibilty that it's simply misinterpreted.

I'm currently looking what other commenters have to say about the change (on here http://toro.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/famicom/1409973437/), perhaps Kie just meant something else. I'll inform you whenever I get to know something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay so lets see:
Buffs (from what i remember):
-Rainbow move is very strong
-Peach Bomber is faster
-Her 2nd jump is higher
-Fsmash is in a set order
-Dsmash now sucks opponents in
Nerfs:
-Turnip Pluck speed
-Fair landing lag
-One attack per float

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I got this info from some people commenting on Kie's changes. Kie is being somewhat unclear with one of his changes so there is a possibilty that it's simply misinterpreted.

I'm currently looking what other commenters have to say about the change (on here http://toro.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/famicom/1409973437/), perhaps Kie just meant something else. I'll inform you whenever I get to know something.
Thank you , you are awsome ♥♦☺

D

Deleted member

This is a side note: I've never seen this many people on this thread before o-o.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
- You can only attack once during a float.
Please be a mistake...please be a mistake.

- The ribbon hasn't increased Usmash's hitbox.
So you still gotta be right beside someone for it to actually be useful again? Great....

*Sigh* Even if she's by some cruel joke worse than brawl, I'll stick with her. Hope she has some buffs somewhere...

z00ted

I can't stop laughing. If all of this is true she's gonna be chilling w/ Hyrule tier, possibly even below them.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
She just doesn't sound broken - which is what I was praying for in some form. That's what she's gonna need to compete.

Though, just as well, the rest of the roster doesn't sound broken either. So their might be a lower standard this go around, and not have MK/Snake levels to compare to. In that kind of metagame, an "okay" character like Peach could do fairly well if piloted skillfully.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Aaaaah no I think I see what he means! So basically what happened is:

I found that site that lists the changes and I discovered that it's a discussion between a few people.

One of them interpreted the change as "only one attack per float".
The other one, however, interpreted it as "double hit aerials are gone". He means the stuff where you float a Nair or Bair and cancel your float which causes Nair/Bair to hit twice and do more damage.

I'm actually 95% sure Kie means the second one. No worries guys, Peach is still alive! Sorry if I gave you heart attacks and all, this change was a bit hard to understand.

So yeah, in conclusion the change (very likely) is:

- Double Nair/Bair hit is gone.

My apologies for any shocks I could have caused.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The other one, however, interpreted it as "double hit aerials are gone". He means the stuff where you float a Nair or Bair and cancel your float which causes Nair/Bair to hit twice and do more damage.

I'm actually 95% sure Kie means the second one. No worries guys, Peach is still alive! Sorry if I gave you heart attacks and all, this change was a bit hard to understand.
Phew. I guess we just gotta change the floating game a bit. Yay though for float attacks still being alive. Just gotta wait until the release so we can examine her in full.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

I found that site that lists the changes and I discovered that it's a discussion between a few people.

OMG There's HOPE!

Peach isnt Dead!!! :peach::peachmelee::4peach:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708

Oh thank goodness...That worried me more than it should have XD. Will miss double N air and B air tho.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So it doesn't... auto cancel anymore?

I'm still skeptical of everything. There's gonna be a whole new world of ATs, and a whole new understanding of the game physics. As much as we're learning "some of the things from Brawl are missing", there's going to be a lot of new discoveries specific to Smash 4. I'm not worried... yet.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Omg @ M Meru. plz it's getting close to midnight here and my emotions can't handle this right now D:

Following on from what @ deepseadiva deepseadiva said, there's one new tech people have found already - pivot tilts. This could be very exciting with Peach's F Tilt

Speaking tilts, does Peach's D Tilt still have that momentum thing which allowed you to perform sliding Turnip pulls for example?

FireFrost

Smash Rookie
I was seriously worried. Peach's turnips and float are what she relies on and to have had them BOTH nerfed would have been heartbreaking.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Reading this all was a roller coaster of emotions.

I'm still confused though as to how the ribbons don't improve the usmash hitbox, as it definitely did in one of the screenshots earlier in development.

:093:

Top Bottom