• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

» Brawl: 3/20/10 Frozen Pool Pools! Amherst, Ohio

Bead

Smash Ace
It saddens me that Suyon tries to take apart a game with a biased opinion.

Save everybody the trouble of listening to your whining and go play an old FF game.

Thinking that all FF are going to be the same quality just means you are stupid.

New owners. All I'm saying. FF will never be as good as they once were.

The height of the FF franchise was somewhere between 7 and 9 (and no not 8)

Since "daddy" left, new ownership is driving the franchise into a hole bigger then Suyon's mother ***.

Debating about opinions is pointless. Everybody's opinions are different.
Debating about game design is a different thing. They can be supported with facts.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It saddens me that Suyon tries to take apart a game with a biased opinion.

Save everybody the trouble of listening to your whining and go play an old FF game.

Thinking that all FF are going to be the same quality just means you are stupid.

New owners. All I'm saying. FF will never be as good as they once were.

The height of the FF franchise was somewhere between 7 and 9 (and no not 8)

Since "daddy" left, new ownership is driving the franchise into a hole bigger then Suyon's mother ***.

Debating about opinions is pointless. Everybody's opinions are different.
Debating about game design is a different thing. They can be supported with facts.
Please don't play peacemaker, that's annoying and while this argument is pointless it is also fun, so it serves a purpose nonetheless.

And there is nothing wrong with expecting a high-name company like Square to produce games with quality similar to what they are famous for in the first place. Sure, Suyon and I may be naive to expect such a thing, but far from "stupid". Pick your words more carefully my friend.

It is also an opinion on whether or not 8 should be included in the peak of the company's performance, hell the "peak of their performance" is subjective to opinion itself. I say 8 is included in that, it may not have been the smoothest flowing story out of them all, but the characters were not prettied up lifeless entities, there was a solid romance, and last but not least it had innovation. Some people may not have favored the junction/draw system but it brought innovation to the table. Tell me what's innovative about XIII's battle system other than "stacking" commands with their ATB system.

I may be biased but my comments are still constructive, albeit focused on the negatives which far outweigh the positives of the game anyway.

The moral here? This is fun but pointless. Lots of things are pointless but fun so we do them anyway, such as vainly forking our money at tournaments that M2K attends just for the chance to play people. Same case here, we argue just to argue because it provides entertainment. Peacemakers are lame.

Bead

Smash Ace
And there is nothing wrong with expecting a high-name company like Square to produce games with quality similar to what they are famous for in the first place. Sure, Suyon and I may be naive to expect such a thing, but far from "stupid". Pick your words more carefully my friend.

It is also an opinion on whether or not 8 should be included in the peak of the company's performance, hell the "peak of their performance" is subjective to opinion itself. I say 8 is included in that, it may not have been the smoothest flowing story out of them all, but the characters were not prettied up lifeless entities, there was a solid romance, and last but not least it had innovation. Some people may not have favored the junction/draw system but it brought innovation to the table. Tell me what's innovative about XIII's battle system other than "stacking" commands with their ATB system.

Your right about the word choice. I actually wrote the sentence about 4 or 5 times trying to figure out the right word and just became lazy with "stupid"
How I refer peak performance is through general popularity and sales. 7 was the aboslute peak with close to 10 million then it drops down to 6 mil, then 3 mil then back up to 6 mil. Ever since then it's been slowly going downhill. Ever since the father of Final Fantasy left, Hironobu Sakaguchi, the company is trying to keep a franchise alive. Still 3rd best franchise in the world is not to shabby.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Personally, I like them all. It's my favorite game series.

1. Final Fantasy VII,IX,VI, Tactics (4-way tie) (All on PS1)
2. Final Fantasy IV (PS1/SNES)
3. Final Fantasy V (PS1)
4. Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
5. Final Fantasy III (DS remake)
6. Final Fantasy (PS1)
7. Final Fantasy X-2 (I don't care if its "Charlie's Angles", its fun and hard) (PS2)
8. Final Fantasy II (PS1)
9. Final Fantasy X (PS2) (10 annoyed me a lot....but Auron is in it)
10. Final Fantasy VIII (PS1) (The only thing I liked about this game... was Squall.)

Note the "gap" between numbers is like the gap in between which is better between Super Mario World and Mario 3.

Ultimate Results thread!

Suspect

Smash Hero
Oh I think I forgot to mention shadow hearts....everyone go find a copy of all 3 right now. Play them in order, even tho 3 has nothing to do with the first 2

Bead

Smash Ace
Personally, I like them all. It's my favorite game series.

1. Final Fantasy VII,IX,VI, Tactics (4-way tie) (All on PS1)
2. Final Fantasy IV (PS1/SNES)
3. Final Fantasy V (PS1)
4. Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
5. Final Fantasy III (DS remake)
6. Final Fantasy (PS1)
7. Final Fantasy X-2 (I don't care if its "Charlie's Angles", its fun and hard) (PS2)
8. Final Fantasy II (PS1)
9. Final Fantasy X (PS2) (10 annoyed me a lot....but Auron is in it)
10. Final Fantasy VIII (PS1) (The only thing I liked about this game... was Squall.)

Note the "gap" between numbers is like the gap in between which is better between Super Mario World and Mario 3.
!
Have you tried playing the DS remake of IV?
I wanna hear what ppl say about the differences. I didn't play IV on snes but would kinda like to depending.

Good morning Charlie *seductive voices*
X-2's battle system was awesome. Sure the story sucked hard balls but they really brought back the old fighting style and cleaned everything up about it while adding in it's own little mechanical twist.

Also Auron is bad ***.

solecalibur

Smash Master
IV was the only game I beat from the FF series my attention span isn't that large

also great results discussion guys!

Bead

Smash Ace
You have good taste. Shadow Hearts is amazing, my favorites being 1 and 2.

The final boss theme for 1 makes One-Winged Angel look like a joke imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAq27BhZuA
It reminds me of like techno castlevania music.
Yasunori Mitsuda worked on it. Fabled for the Chrono and Xeno series. =)

Personally I think that Nobou Uematsu's music is number 1. He doesn't start writing the music until the story is done. That allows him to add the emotion that goes into all of his works. Oh yeah he is also the composer of the Brawl theme song =p

Okay, while writing this i listened to that song. It's pretty cool but it isnt very long. In a boss that would take 20 minutes I would start getting sick of it =/

My favorite song at the moment is called Kefka vs Koopa. It's an OC remix combining the Super Mario World Castle theme and Dancing Mad from FFVI. Two of my favorite songs mixed together to form this masterpiece. I like songs that tell a story just by listening to them. Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven has alot of emotion into it. He wrote it for this girl that he loved but could not due to the fact that she was like 16 and he was like 40 and her parents thought he was creepy as duck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZPiRpXpoJg

Top Bottom