• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

» Brawl: 3/20/10 Frozen Pool Pools! Amherst, Ohio

solecalibur

Smash Master
AIB Results
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9172
Singles
1. M2k : $60

2. Shugo : $30

3. Argent : $10

4. King Beef :

5. Solecalibur :

5. Suyon :

7. Crum :

7. Denzi :

9. Lokii :

9. Jokey :

Doubles :
1. M2k & Shugo $60
2. Solecalibur & Lokii $0
3. Beef Stew -$5

Blazblue Singles
1. Crum $4 and a Care bear

2. Denzi

3. Lokii

4. Solecalibur

5. Suyon

See you all next week!

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I mained MK for this tourney... I used Lucario against Shugo and M2K, but not with much luck... So if anyone is wondering why that mask is next to my symbol, then that's why...

This experiment was successful, so I might consider a more thorough mix in my use of Lucario and MK from now on...

Denzi

Smash Master
This was fun. And Sole (not that it matters) I also used Arakune in the BB for the sake of accuracy.

Definitely one of the best tourneys I've been to, I hope I can go to more in the future.

M2K = best referee ever.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I has agreement with Denzi. We were laughing about all the funny shenanigans on the car ride back home xD

It was nice meeting everyone (and seeing other people again)! Sooo much fun x3 And yeah. M2K was a awesome ref.

Also, King Beef, next time we're at the same tournament, wanna play friendlies? I wanna face your peach

Denzi

Smash Master
Oh, I don't know if it's just me, but I swear M2K vs Shugo had to have been the best set I've ever seen.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, no, I'm not saying you shouldn't have had it, I'm simply saying that when two tournaments happen on the same day then attendance at both will be lower. To me there is nothing wrong with this and I think if you keep holding these and you can find new people that are close to you to show, then you can start building your own local community of people who are within 1 hour drives of your venue.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Lol ksizzle i think me and m2k split too lolll. FF13 is sooooooo good!

Also im sorry cable :/

Suyon

Smash Lord
FF 13 is meh. Could have great moments but they just kill it with stupid VA. Battle system is stupid and too easy. I even thought 12 was better in the battle system. Story is meh so far....I'm only at Lightning and Hope are at. I fell asleep while playing it lol.

Hurray I'm Psyduck!

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
OMFG wait until later when you keep dying from 2 to 3 hits! fighting gets real difficult lol and it developes a lot later on. Youre gonna have to pay attention and stay cautious A LOT. The story gets real interesting later on too. Stop hatin on the VA's theyre fine! F*** FF 8. THATS an awful game.

Suyon

Smash Lord
FF8 was unique. The draw system was a new step in the game. Same with the junction system. Oh wow pay attention in 13...okay L1 pick this mode then switch to that mode. I feel like this is a button mashing game lol. Infinite MP!!!! I have 2 stupid MEDICS on the field and no fighters when I switch modes. That's ********. Also auto-battle isn't really auto-battle. There's no toooooowns either!!!!! Even 10 had it when it was linear but not that much. And for some stupid reason I think Vanille is the smartest character in the game. Sad part is I don't understand the background of the story still. Since they try to make it so simple yet complicated. I could have missed it since I didn't care at all. I'll just look it up later. So far my impression is...make the game look so good, but then make everything else meh or okayish.
My favorite moment in FF 8 was......
Soldier: "Yo I found the SeeDs!"
Don't be hating on the Doom Train too.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
OMFG F*** BOTH OF YOU FF8 SUCKED, 12 SUCKED, 11 SUCKED, 13 ISNT BAD. FF8's DRAW CRAP W/E BS WAS DUMB.

<3

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
FF8 was ****, music were good too, FF13 is blerg, the older, the ****tier LOL. and Yeah Drawing might have been annoying to get to 100. but it was still a cool system and thats why in my book it's my fav FF, along with old school FF. Shugo-Puff ;).

Biggs and Wedge are awesome too lmao. those were my favorite.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I approve of Xenogears....but I like Chrono Trigger and Cross the most.
Yes....not to mention the drawing area in the isolated island....where it has the ultimate magic stuff. Where I also got to level 99 before I got to the 4th disc yay.
12 was horrible except the battle system in my view....IT HAD A WORLD MAP UNLIKE 13 MY GOSH SIDE QUEEESTS!!!! 12's story wasn't good. What do you LIKE about 13? That Hope and Lightning being the hottest couple in the FF seires?!!?!?
Also...in 13....I went to Medic mode...my party members just stood there when they needed to be healed and died. I stood for 30 seconds waiting for them to be healed.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
SHugo I disagree FF8 was fun to be honest since it was the first time they made a new battle system, the new FF sucks ***. Get @ me.
Ally just got cooler. FF13 sucks.

OMFG F*** BOTH OF YOU FF8 SUCKED, 12 SUCKED, 11 SUCKED, 13 ISNT BAD. FF8's DRAW CRAP W/E BS WAS DUMB.

<3
NO U sawnik,

Woaaaahhh...major deja vu. Wasn't this arguement a big part of saturday? xD
Haha yeah, that argument was hilarious. FF13 sucks.

FF8 > all.
It's not better than FF6 and FF9 imo, but it's certainly my #3 favorite (and Squall/Zidane/Zell/Irvine/Vivi/Locke/Edgar are awesome). FF9>FF6>FF8 in that order for me. :3

Also, Star Ocean *****. Particularly 2, 3, and 4 rofl. Edge Maverick ftw.

jokey665

Smash Ace
best to worst:

never played 11 or 6 so they aren't on there. and 11 doesn't count anyway because mmos are dumb. note that I like all of the ones above 3 a whole lot, so they might not be all that far apart. but 3, 7, and 12 all blow chunks.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hell I'd rather play 7 than 13 any day, and I'm not a fan of 7 at all. But at least 7 holds true to some of the staples that made most of the series as stellar as it is (open world exploration, TOWNS, side-quests, worthwhile grinding/character customization, immersible story, etc.). And the "Auto-Battle" button is the worst idea I've ever seen included in any RPG to date. It takes away the necessity for any thought during battle at all other than "mash this and switch to this paradigm". All in all, FF XIII is a conflicted half n' half game whose linear/tedious/casual gamer appealing design can easily tease/piss off long time fans of the series. I guess Square decided to conform and cater to the MMO/Action crowds' tastes with this installment. Huge disappointment for me.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Go play Persona 3 or 4 then.
I've played Persona 4 on expert on first run through. Never played 3 but I want to. It is hard and I like that. Even in just normal or random enemies they're hard. You can't even spam attack since some monsters are immune to attack which forces you to use MP. Also if you get hit by your weakness the enemy gets an extra turn. Of course this applies to enemies as well. Some may not like it but I spent like 30 minutes on bosses. If you make one mistake it's basically game over.

Also, this may be old news. Cloud and Lightning being the same almost right? I couldn't find the gif but you can take a look at this then. Yeah Square Enix's great idea make Lightning to Cloud....when will this FF 7 tyranny end...
so there meh. Both failure Soldiers?
Omg at all these hotlinking fail...I quit...stupid FF XIII and VII

Everyone go play Disgaea that's all....

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Adding to what Suyon said, Persona 3 is the same system as 4. Monsters are attributed to Slash, Fire (Agi), Lightning (Zio), Wind (Garu), Ice (Bufu), and a few others. Some monsters are immune to some attributes and some are weak against others. And sometimes you have to guess weaknesses and plan out strategies by switching your Persona or team formations and whatnot. Even weapon types are seriously important.
Persona > FF

PS. DO PLAY DISGAEA. Laharl is too cool.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah I'll try it out. It should be a nice relief from the abundance of fail RPGs lately (excluding Pokemon HG/SS <3).

Also, Legend of Legaia on the PS1. Sooooooo goooooooooood

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I've been meaning to play Legend of Dragoon. A friend told me about it in gradeschool. Is it worth hunting down a copy and borrowing my friend's PS1 for?

Suspect

Smash Hero
Hell yea it is.

It's kinda like a power rangers RPG tho, but it's still one of my fave RPGs

Parasite is pretty legit also.

Top Bottom