• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox Legends ClimaX: The Xbox Series X/S's 'Ultimate' Smash (Final Base/1st DLC Newcomer)

Should we include 4th Party Content

• Total voters

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Time to vote

Team Fortress Nominees
Stage Name: Dustbowl
Stage Origin: Team Fortress 2 (2007)

While a lot of people would beeline for 2Fort's inclusion, I think Dustbowl would be just as interesting - if not more. It's a remake of the map of the same name from the original Team Fortress, and it's used as a tutorial map to introduce one of the gameplay types of the game - specifically, Control Point. Interestingly, it's also quite possible that Dustbowl has some association with the Heavy specifically, given the Heavy was paired with Dustbowl as a playable fort in Worms: Reloaded. Oh, and to be honest, I don't think we'd really get another stage quite like this otherwise.

Badlands
Would be a traveling stage
My Nominee
Sawmill

Thought about 2fort as ive only played a little tf2 & KneeOfJustice99 brought it up but upon looking at stages thought this one had some fun potential & would stand out a bit. Plus it looks like one of the earlier stages which i think is beneficial as more people may recognize it.
Half Life Nominees
Stage Name: City 17
Stage Origin: Half-Life 2 (2004)

A stage taking place on the rooftops and vistas of City 17, overlooking the Citadel that dominates the skyline. I'd take most of the visual design elements from Half-Life: Alyx here, and as such, the Citadel is still under construction following the Combine's invasion of Earth in the Seven Hour War. In terms of gimmicks, I'd err on the side of not really including any, though being able to see Combine soldiers on the streets below would be quite fun.

Black Mesa
Walk off stage with a dip in the middle, G-Man would appear and change the stage.
My Nominee
Quarantine Zone

Wanted to go with something strictly from Half Life Alyx which just released the prior year (also part of the reason i was pulling for her as our newcomer). Upon a little research this came up as one of the more important locations.
Vote for your top 2 for each series, self votes in 2nd. 1st overal for both will be added.

1 Black Mesa
2 City 17

1 Dustbowl
2 Sawmill

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Alyx Vance is our Half Life assist obtaining all votes in favor.

Stage Results (most votes in each added)

Half Life
1 Black Mesa - 7
2 City 17 - 4
3 Quarantine Zone - 1

Team Fortress
1 Dustbowl - 6
2 Badlands - 4
3 Sawmill - 2

Job 79 - Nominate a newomer, 1st or 3rd party, doesnt matter. Winner overall will be our final base roster newcomer & runnerup will be our dlc promo fighter like Piranha Plant.

My nominee will be added later.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #079
Newcomer Name: Arch-Illager
Newcomer Origin: Minecraft Dungeons (2020)

While we do already have Alex as a clone of Steve, I think extending Minecraft's representation out from just the original game into the various spinoffs of the series makes sense - and in this role, I think the Arch-Illager works well as a villainous character. He's controlled by the Orb of Dominance that floats around on his staff, and has a variety of magical abilities including firing blasts of energy and even summoning Redstone Monstrosities. Additionally, as the leader of the Illagers, he could use abilities that are used by other Illagers in the Minecraft series - such as the Illusioner's clones, the Evoker's fangs, or the Iceologer's ice chunks - and items associated with them in Minecraft Dungeons, like the Lightning Rod or Enchanter's Tome. (One idea I also think could be really fun is having a move that lets him plant an Illager banner somewhere on the ground, which gives him and his allies buffed defence when within it.)

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Parvati_Holcomb.png

Parvati Holcomb
From the RPG the Outer Worlds. One of the companions from the game and the star of probably it's most acclaimed mission. Parvati is mechanic working in Edgewater, she will join your crew after taking in an interest in your ship. Most of her mission is spent romantically perusing engineer Junlei and working through her own attachment issues. She wields a giant hammer, would be her main weapon in XBLC. She can use it to stun foes and create shockwaves. She can also wield a gun and we could even have her create machines to buff herself. We could give her some of the protagonists abilities too.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
IchibanKasuga.png

Ichiban Kasuga
Similar to smash 's dlc, I think it makes sense to start dipping into some of the third party partners that Xbox has, especially on the game pass side of things. Yakuza is a series that made a splash on Xbox around this time. LAD just came out and I think Ichiban would be a fun plat fighter character, and doesn't have the issues of Kiryu. He would have RPG mechanics taken from his game, the ability to pull out random objects, summons, and more.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Time to vote

Nominees
Job #079
Newcomer Name: Arch-Illager
Newcomer Origin: Minecraft Dungeons (2020)

While we do already have Alex as a clone of Steve, I think extending Minecraft's representation out from just the original game into the various spinoffs of the series makes sense - and in this role, I think the Arch-Illager works well as a villainous character. He's controlled by the Orb of Dominance that floats around on his staff, and has a variety of magical abilities including firing blasts of energy and even summoning Redstone Monstrosities. Additionally, as the leader of the Illagers, he could use abilities that are used by other Illagers in the Minecraft series - such as the Illusioner's clones, the Evoker's fangs, or the Iceologer's ice chunks - and items associated with them in Minecraft Dungeons, like the Lightning Rod or Enchanter's Tome. (One idea I also think could be really fun is having a move that lets him plant an Illager banner somewhere on the ground, which gives him and his allies buffed defence when within it.)
Job 79: Sabrewulf

One of the older characters from Rare. He originally appears as the main antagonist of the game "Sabrewulf" and later appears as a fighter in the Killer Instinct series.
View attachment 390988
Parvati Holcomb
From the RPG the Outer Worlds. One of the companions from the game and the star of probably it's most acclaimed mission. Parvati is mechanic working in Edgewater, she will join your crew after taking in an interest in your ship. Most of her mission is spent romantically perusing engineer Junlei and working through her own attachment issues. She wields a giant hammer, would be her main weapon in XBLC. She can use it to stun foes and create shockwaves. She can also wield a gun and we could even have her create machines to buff herself. We could give her some of the protagonists abilities too.
View attachment 390991
Ichiban Kasuga
Similar to smash 's dlc, I think it makes sense to start dipping into some of the third party partners that Xbox has, especially on the game pass side of things. Yakuza is a series that made a splash on Xbox around this time. LAD just came out and I think Ichiban would be a fun plat fighter character, and doesn't have the issues of Kiryu. He would have RPG mechanics taken from his game, the ability to pull out random objects, summons, and more.
Resubmitting Crash
My Nominee
Dr. Loboto

A villain from the Psychonauts series. 2 would be releasing around the same time & be the 1st double fine game under the Xbox banner.
Vote for your top 3, self votes 2nd or lower. 1st will be our final base game newcomer & 2nd will be our promo/1st dlc fighter.

1 Arch-Illager
2 Crash
3 Parvati
Ichiban is great too but feel like leaning towards 1st party (or soon to be announced as intended 1st party for Crash).

BONUS Job - Thought id open up misc. discussion this weekend for ClimaX, feel free to share any item, game mode, or other general new ideas.

Also would we like any more stage or assist jobs before diving into DLC? Right now we actually are on pace to have 2 additional new stages but less total than Smash & our assists are right at the number Smash has. Normally have a misc job for both but they dont seem as popular plus i honestly dont have alot of new ideas as alot of notbale stuff already made it in & new releases have slowed.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
  1. Parvati
  2. Crash
  3. Sabrewulf
Like others have pointed out, Ichiban would be great, but a little more first-party focus would be cool here.

Also, I'll mirror your point on additional content being a little difficult given the lack of first-party releases... but this does potentially lend to an interesting idea - a third-party stage without a playable representative. (After all, we do have the Game Pass in full swing, so it feels like it could maybe work.)

BONUS: Probably a weird suggestion, but I think it'd be cool if Microsoft made collectable cards for ClimaX that got handed out at different events, akin to MultiVersus's similar concept, but only as collectables to like, frame and show off or whatever. Plus, it'd be pretty funny if one of them in particular was ridiculously rare for some reason, like Hudson or whatever, due to some kind of printing error or something stupid like that

Top Bottom