• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright, here's a fun idea, what if Universal Studios were to make a live service platform fighter like Multiversus? I present to you...

Universus!

Now before we begin, a quick mention that I'm allowing characters currently licensed to universal and it's subsidiaries/partners for film/tv use. I'll be sure to mention it when characters are from a licensed out property.

Characters licensed out to Universal purely for theme park use aren't being considered, most of these would probably be in other platform fighters anyways.

Mario characters and Hulk characters are also not being included despite Universal having the film rights to those. Mario characters being playable would require the game be Nintendo exclusive which doesn't seem realistic, and disney is disney, nuff said.

I'd also like to mention I'm using the classes from Multiversus but I'm renaming Bruisers to "All-Rounders". It makes more sense to me.

With that out of the way, let's jump in!
This game would launch with 20 characters! Now let's start off with Universal's closest thing to a superhero lineup.

1. Dracula (Mage)
2. Frankenstein's Monster (Tank)
3. The Wolfman (Assassin)

Can't have a universal crossover without some Universal Classic Monsters! Dracula and Frankenstein were immediate locks, but the third pick was tricky, I went with Wolfman because he'd be a somewhat easy to play character in comparison to other choices, and you need characters like that for launch.

4. Shrek (All-Rounder)
5. (P)uss in Boots (Assassin)

Shrek! Probably DreamWorks most popular franchise. These characters are also clear locks. I feel like Shrek has got a lot of variety in his arsenal, so he just makes sense to be a (heavyweight) all-round character. Meanwhile (P)uss' class seems obvious to me.

6. Gru (Mage)
7. Minion (Mage)

Despicable Me! a... somewhat controversial franchise, but you gotta admit it'd be a lock. Gru would ultilize various gizmos and gadgets from his films, such as the freeze ray, shrink ray, and cookie robots. Minion is also a Mage, throwing around bananas and stuff.

8. Po (Tank)
9. Oogway (Support)

Kung Fu Panda! Don't have much else to say. I thought Oogway would be a fun surprise pick.

10. Poppy (Support)

The last DreamWorks rep of the launch roster, hailing from Trolls! I'd imagine she'd have a lot of stat-boosting singing moves.

11. Owen Grady (All-Rounder)
12. Blue (Assassin)

Jurrasic World/Jurrasic Park representation is definitely a lock, and I really like the idea of playing as a velociraptor. Blue was selected specifically because she's a prominent named one, but she'd have moves and skins pulled from other raptors in the series.

13. Marty McFly (All-Rounder)
14. E.T. (Support)
15. Dom Toretto (Tank)
16. Jaws (Assassin)
17. Scorpion King (Tank)
18. Burt Gummer (Mage)

A batch of solo film reps ranging from required, to iconic but weird to make work, to unexpected yet not too obscure picks! Burt Gummer is the survivalist guy from Tremors, btw. Jaws would essentially "surf" on a wave to move around.

19. Xena (Assassin)

The Launch Roster's sole TV rep, Xena: Warrior Princess adds some nice fantasy and swordfighting to the roster.

20. Woody Woodpecker (All-Rounder)

A character that's somewhat obscure in the modern day compared to your mouses and rabbits, but still feels oddly obligatory. He'd need to be fast and annoying to say the least.

So there you have it! A nice roster, but one can't help but feel that it's missing a few things.

Luckily, I'm not ending there! I've got a few season ideas lined up! Each will be given a vague theme, and each will contain five characters!

...I'm aware this is both unrealistic if not prepared properly and will double the roster, but I've got ideas here I wanna share folks. I have given up giving classes to these characters though, it got tricky. You're more than welcome to do that yourself.

Season 1! "Bigger and Badder"
This season would be themed to large characters, and villainous characters!

21. Megamind - Fan-Favorite DreamWorks character with a recent (albeit controversial) revival! Megamind in Universus would largely ignore the recent sequel and series, though.
22. King Kong - Iconic character with heavy ties to universal. Would be mostly based on the original version and the Peter Jackson version. The Monsterverse Kong is under control of a different studio, and thus cannot be referenced.
23. Snidely Whiplash - Hailing from Dudley Do-Right, Snidely marks the first character from DreamWorks Classics. A subsidiary of DreamWorks that holds the rights to a TON of classic properties, mostly cartoons. Expect to see a lot of them in the future. Definitely has a move where he ties the opponent to train tracks.
24. Voltron - Our first licensed character! They'd probably go for the Netflix version, but I'd prefer the classic incarnation personally.
25. The Bride - Finishing the season off with another classic monster! She'd probably make use of Electricity more than her groom.

Season 2! "Back in Time"
A time themed season! Definitely the most loose theme of the bunch.

26. Doc Brown - Can't have a time themed season without a time traveller! He'd be a lot more technical than Marty.
27. Lone Ranger - Classic cowboy character universal owns through DreamWorks Classics! I think he'd be a surprising pick.
28. Alan Grant - It makes sense to include a Jurrasic Park character in the time season, he'd fight with paleontologist... stuff.
29. He-Man - Here's a fun licensed pick, Mattel owns he-man, but they let DreamWorks Classics handle brand management over the MotU characters from my understanding. He's here under the excuse of being a character heavily associated with the 80s and 80s nostalgia.
30. Skeletor - And you can't have He-Man without Skeletor! Nuff said.

Season 3! "Horror Nights"
Inspired by the Universal Studios Halloween event. This season would be themed to all things spooky.

31. Chucky - I really don't see a better start for this season than chucky, he's a (relatively) modern horror icon with loads of personality, recent projects, and he's got plenty of moveset potential.
32. Casper - A bit of a tonal shift from the rest of the characters in the season, but he'd be a fun support character!
33. Jack the Clown - Here's a pick that I think would catch a lot of attention, for those out of the know, Jack is one of Universal's Halloween Horror Night mascots, and one of the most popular at that! I think a lot of the theme park fans would really appreciate him.
34. Van Helsing - Based specifically on the failed 2004 incarnation, he's got a certain charm to him even if the movie isn't that great. Also it's apparently getting a remake? So I think Universal would wanna promote the character for that.
35. Freddy Fazbear - The next licensed character on the list. The film is owned by Universal and there's plans for more so I think he'd make a lot of sense. Definitely a pull that would catch a LOT of eyes towards him.

Season 4 "Universus Gets Wild!"
The final season I'll create for now, this one themed to animal characters.

36. Tigress - My choice for a third kung-fu panda rep, makes sense to add her here.
37. Tracy the Gorilla - An obscure character hailing from Ghostbusters! ...Filmation's Ghostbusters, that is! No relation to the ones owned by sony, Tracy predates those guys! Tracy would use a mix of slapstick antics and ghost hunting equipment to fight.
38. Rudolph - Fun Fact, DreamWorks Classics owns many of the old Rankin Bass Christmas Specials! Making Rudolph viable for the roster! There's a chance the song owners might have some rights but I think he'd be easy to license from them.
39. Skipper - Hailing from Madagascar. Skipper would fight with the other penguins showing up in his moves from time to time. I think he'd be an appreciated character!
40. Lassie - Yes, that Lassie. The one that saves Timmy from a well! Lassie would probably be another support character. I just think it's funny to add a normal dog to the roster.
So uh, that's it! Hope you like! Might do more seasons if I feel like it but this took wayyy too long to finish. Lemme know what you think.
Pretty solid options here, actually been playing around with this idea myself too:
Doing a roster for a Universal platform fighter in a similar vein as Multiversus, Universus:

1. B.A. Baracus (The A-Team)
  2. Rocky and Bullwinkle
  3. Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
  4. Marty McFly (Back to the Future)
  5. Wolf (The Bad Guys)
  6. Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica (2004))
  7. Jason Bourne
  8. Rosa Diaz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)
  9. Bruce Nolan (Bruce Almighty)
  10. Captain Underpants
  11. Chucky (Child's Play)
  12. Columbo
  13. Conan (Conan the Barbarian)
  14. Riddick (The Chronicles of Riddick)
  15. Gru (Despicable Me)
  16. The Grinch (Dr. Seuss)
  17. E.T. (E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial)
  18. Dom Toretto (Fast & Furious)
  19. Deckard Shaw (Fast & Furious)
  20. Felix the Cat
  21. Michael Myers (Halloween)
  22. Happy Gilmore
  23. Nicholas Angel (Hot Fuzz)
  24. Danny Butterman (Hot Fuzz)
  25. Hiccup & Toothless (How to Train Your Dragon)
  26. Rexy (Jurassic Park)
  27. Michael Knight (Knight Rider)
  28. Po (Kung Fu Panda)
  29. Tigress (Kung Fu Panda)
  30. Lord Shen (Kung Fu Panda)
  31. Rico (Madagascar)
  32. M3GAN
  33. Megamind
  34. Dwight Schrute (The Office)
  35. Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation)
  36. Richie Rich
  37. Scott Pilgrim
  38. She-Ra (She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)
  39. Shrek
  40. **** in Boots (Shrek)
  41. Fairy Godmother (Shrek)
  42. Johnny (Sing)
  43. Poppy (Trolls)
  44. Dracula (Universal Monsters)
  45. The Wolfman (Universal Monsters)
  46. Mummy (Universal Monsters)
  47. Woody (Woody Woodpecker)
  48. Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm bored. I'm gonna make a Smash Brothers/Bloody Roar Crossover game. Basically, it plays like Smash, but everyone's Down + B is now their animal transformation. So we immediately get a Bloody Roar Roster:

1 - Yugo
2 - Alice
3 - Long (Shenlong alt)
4 - Bakuryu
5 - Gado
6 - Stun
7 - Sheena
8 - Busuzima
9 - Uriko
10 - Chronos

Now let's have fun and assign zoan-types to Nintendo classic characters

11 - Mario - Raccoon
12 - Luigi - Fox
13 - Bowser - Human
14 - Donkey Kong - Crocodile
15 - King K. Rool - Gorilla
16 - Link - Wolf
17 - Zelda - Spider (Skulltula)
18 - Ganondorf - Boar
19 - Corrin - Dragon
20 - Pit - Goose
21 - Dark Pit - Canadian Goose
22 - Pyra - Salamander / Mythra - Basilisk Lizard
23 - Pikachu - Mouse
24 - Fox - Panther (he is as confused as we all are)
25 - Captain Falcon - Falcon
26 - Bayonetta - Bat
27 - Samus - Raven (Chozo)
28 - Ridley - Metroid. his Zoan form is a Metroid
29 - Jigglypuff - Byakko the legendary white tiger
30 - Ness - Sheepdog (looks like the dog from Earthbound)
31 - Kirby - Hamster (Rick)
32 - Yoshi - Tyrannosaurus Rex (like the one from Odyssey)
33 - Wario - Skunk
34 - Peach - Turtle (Koopa Troopa)
35 - Villager - Duck (looks like Duck Hunt Duck)

DLC:
36 - Sonic - Echidna
37 - Mega Man - Toad Man
38 - Pac-Man - Chomp Chomp (his dog)
39 - Funky Kong - Axolotl
40 - Mewtwo - Jackal

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
In light of an explosion of MultiVersus-themed rosters, I thought I'd take a crack at one I already explored in the past - which I'll call "DisneyVersus". The caveat to this one is that it keeps to the same release period & character count as the real-world MultiVersus, so some picks are deliberately intended to cross-promote fairly recent releases. This also means that gameplay elements - like the 2v2 focus and the character archetypes - are maintained. That said, I'm presuming the archetypes as are they used to be, as opposed to the newer system that seems to have ditched Support entirely.
Open Beta
Launching with a total of sixteen characters - and an additional one to coincide with the Open Beta - DisneyVersus explodes onto the scene with a wide variety of worlds being combined, really showcasing what the House of Mouse has under its belt.

Brawlers
  • Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse & Friends) is an obvious candidate for inclusion, given he's quite literally the icon of Disney as a whole. With close to a hundred years of history behind him, there's plenty of potential for his moveset or general vibe. Even so, he'd be fairly simple overall - much unlike Bugs.
  • Olaf (Frozen) springs to mind as a great candidate to help out in the 2v2 role, pairing up with Elsa as a simpler character that'd nonetheless be popular enough to turn heads. It's worth noting his inclusion in Disney Infinity 3.0 was in a poll over 20 other candidates, too - and Frozen is a behemoth.
  • Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story) is here for two reasons - firstly, Pixar representation using this series makes a lot of sense given Toy Story's role in Disney history, and secondly, as cross-promotion for the 2022 tentpole release of Lightyear. He'd get a costume to match that.
  • Miss Piggy (The Muppets) might look like a surprising pick, but her design here would mostly centre on her use of martial arts with some fashionista elements to mix with that. While Kermit might be the more well-known candidate, Miss Piggy springs to mind as a fun alternate choice.
  • Captain Carter (Marvel Universe) is directly intended as cross-promotion for the Disney+ series What If...?, as well as the 2022-released Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. She's also here because the original Captain America isn't really in action in the MCU anymore (a similar logic to the lack of X-Men characters or a Spider-Man.)
Assassin
  • Mulan (Mulan) was picked as my premier Disney Princess, because - while I had concepts for several of them, most prominently Jasmine - Mulan had a live-action remake fairly recently in 2020, as well as having plenty of moveset potential as a swordfighter with fireworks and arrows. She's mainly selected on the basis of actually being a Disney Princess, though - the brand doesn't include Elsa under that banner.
  • Jessie (Toy Story) is a second Toy Story rep chosen for a couple of reasons - partially because of Woody's sense of closure at the end of Toy Story 4, but also because I felt her personality would lend to a pretty fun feel while still being able to include plenty of cowboy-themed elements.
  • Ashoka Tano (Star Wars) might seem a little odd too, but I felt that including a Jedi of some form was absolutely necessary - and with Ashoka's role in the recent new series of The Clone Wars and her upcoming standalone Disney+ series, she made a lot of sense. Plus, her dual-wielding fighting style would make her unique mechanically, and she's a fan-favourite character from the Star Wars franchise to boot.
Tank
  • Goofy (Mickey Mouse & Friends) is here as a secondary Mickey rep, making sense due to his iconic nature and also because he's got plenty of appearances under his belt. Plus, he's got a lot of potential to be a bit of a... goofy tank, compared to say, Donald Duck - who'd be likely to be a Brawler.
  • Violet (The Incredibles) is a rep for our second Pixar series, chosen for a few reasons. The Incredibles had a fairly recent release in 2018 and is a fan-favourite franchise within Pixar's lineup, and Violet's own abilities lend really well to a moveset. Plus, her interactions with Marvel characters could be fun.
  • Captain Marvel (Marvel Universe) is our second Marvel character, chosen for numerous reasons - most prominently, she seems to be a character that Marvel is pushing to act as their "face", especially given the name. She's also a good candidate for a more mobile Tank character.
Support
  • Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins) is our only Disney live-action character on the roster, but I felt this would be an important niche to cover somewhere - and Mary Poppins is one of Disney's most iconic pieces of media outright. Plus, she has plenty of potential as an unorthodox Support character using her more magical elements, and Disney have been utilising the Mary Poppins franchise more often in recent years.
  • Figment (Disney Parks) is possibly another odd choice, but I decided they'd work well as a sort of stand-in for Reindog - while also representing a very important but often underdiscussed element of Disney's output, its parks. Figment's unorthodox build and design as a dragon, as well as their imagination-based abilities, feel like they'd lend really well to a Support character overall. And, well... if you know anything about Figment, you know they have a basically bottomless well of costume potential to pull from!
Ranged
  • Elsa (Frozen) is here alongside Olaf for a number of reasons. While she's not officially a Disney Princess (hence my inclusion of Mulan), she's arguably one of Disney's most iconic characters outright by this point - and is an obvious candidate for a playable role given her powers over ice.
  • Doctor Strange (Marvel Universe) is our last Marvel character, again intended to cross-promote Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, but also being chosen because he just lends fantastically to a Mage/Ranged role with plenty of interesting abilities that'd work well in this role.
  • Din Djarin (Star Wars) is our last base-roster character, chosen for a few reasons himself. Of course, there's the popularity of The Mandalorian and its role in promoting Disney+ - but there's also his role as a unique Star Wars character who doesn't use a lightsaber in combat.
Post-Launch
  • Darkwing Duck (Duck Universe) is introduced a week after the game's launch, tying in with the Open Beta... for a few reasons. While not being directly intended to cross-promote anything in specific, the Disney Afternoon brand is being promoted more at this time period with things like the Chip & Dale movie - plus, a duck of some kind helps complete the trio we have with Mickey and Goofy. Not only this, while Scrooge McDuck would be a lot of fun, Darkwing keeps a similar sort of concept to some of my other inclusions - the concept of including "heroes", like Violet, or the Marvel characters.
Post-Launch Seasons
Season One
  • Ms. Marvel (Marvel Universe, Brawler) is our first true post-launch character, chosen for a number of reasons. Of course, the Marvel Universe is going to be a prominent franchise here, but Ms. Marvel has been continually pushed in both comics and the MCU at this point - and her Disney+ series is very recent. Plus, she has unique abilities and the potential to have plenty of fun interactions with Captain Marvel.
  • Bart Simpson (The Simpsons, Assassin) is an interesting pick that I thought would work well as part of a newer pair representing Fox's animation output. (After all, Family Guy doesn't feel as... fitting.) Bart's moveset could totally include a ton of things like his skateboard or slingshot, but you could also include elements from things like "El Barto".
  • Neytiri (Avatar, Assassin) is here as cross-promotion for the upcoming Avatar: The Way of Water, especially in light of screenings of the first film starting at a similar time to this character's release. Her moveset mostly relies on a hunter-based archetype, with elements like knives, spears, and a bow.
  • Homer Simpson (The Simpsons, Brawler) is our second The Simpsons character, chosen alongside Bart because the pair of them are arguably the two most iconic characters from the series. Similar to Bart, he could use a variety of elements from throughout the series - though I think it'd be particularly interesting to see him use the radioactive rod from the opening somehow or other.
  • Darth Vader (Star Wars, Tank) is our Halloween release, and while I considered a number of other characters for this role (most prominently Jack Skellington), I think Vader's role as such an iconic villain in Disney's lineup while also working to cross-promote some Star Wars content would work well. He'd also be really different to Ashoka, given his Tank-based nature.
Season Two
  • Powerline (A Goofy Movie, Support) might be an oddball pick, but he's one that Disney seem more willing to work with recently - and would work very well as a pair with Goofy. He'd be music-centric as a Support character, perhaps relying on different dancemoves or the occasional musical instruments when in combat.
Full Launch
Relaunch
  • Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty, Ranged) makes a lot of sense as this roster's Joker - an iconic, legendary villain within Disney's catalogue while also having a lot of moveset potential to do something pretty fresh. I considered a lot of characters under the Disney Villains umbrella here, but Maleficent specifically just sprang out to me as an obvious candidate - though Cruella de Vil came close.
  • Orca (National Geographic, Tank) seems like an interesting pick that'd work well as a "joke fighter" while also being pretty cool, and an interesting candidate to represent a big part of Disney's franchises. In this case, it's a real-world orca surrounded by a "bubble" of water, which can use the water to move around, but has its movements and interactions narrated in the style of a National Geographic documentary.
  • Predator (Predator, Ranged) is perhaps an unexpected pick, but I felt a horror character of some kind (akin to Jason Voorhees) would be a lot of fun... and Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox left me with a choice of a couple of icons, but I opted for Predator because it'd be pretty fun to work with.
Post-Launch
  • Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean, Tank) feels like a really interesting candidate because of the popularity of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise - and while Jack Sparrow is possibly the more iconic character from the series, Davy Jones brings forth arguably more moveset potential with his unusual build and abilities, and also doesn't run into too many potential issues with using Johnny Depp's likeness. Plus, he keeps up a villainous role.
Obviously I can only work with what exists thus far, and this might not necessarily be either realistic, or good. But hey, hopefully it's interesting at least. Won't cover stages as of yet but I imagine that Cinderella's castle would probably be one of them.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
In light of an explosion of MultiVersus-themed rosters, I thought I'd take a crack at one I already explored in the past - which I'll call "DisneyVersus". The caveat to this one is that it keeps to the same release period & character count as the real-world MultiVersus, so some picks are deliberately intended to cross-promote fairly recent releases. This also means that gameplay elements - like the 2v2 focus and the character archetypes - are maintained. That said, I'm presuming the archetypes as are they used to be, as opposed to the newer system that seems to have ditched Support entirely.
Open Beta
Launching with a total of sixteen characters - and an additional one to coincide with the Open Beta - DisneyVersus explodes onto the scene with a wide variety of worlds being combined, really showcasing what the House of Mouse has under its belt.

Brawlers
  • Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse & Friends) is an obvious candidate for inclusion, given he's quite literally the icon of Disney as a whole. With close to a hundred years of history behind him, there's plenty of potential for his moveset or general vibe. Even so, he'd be fairly simple overall - much unlike Bugs.
  • Olaf (Frozen) springs to mind as a great candidate to help out in the 2v2 role, pairing up with Elsa as a simpler character that'd nonetheless be popular enough to turn heads. It's worth noting his inclusion in Disney Infinity 3.0 was in a poll over 20 other candidates, too - and Frozen is a behemoth.
  • Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story) is here for two reasons - firstly, Pixar representation using this series makes a lot of sense given Toy Story's role in Disney history, and secondly, as cross-promotion for the 2022 tentpole release of Lightyear. He'd get a costume to match that.
  • Miss Piggy (The Muppets) might look like a surprising pick, but her design here would mostly centre on her use of martial arts with some fashionista elements to mix with that. While Kermit might be the more well-known candidate, Miss Piggy springs to mind as a fun alternate choice.
  • Captain Carter (Marvel Universe) is directly intended as cross-promotion for the Disney+ series What If...?, as well as the 2022-released Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. She's also here because the original Captain America isn't really in action in the MCU anymore (a similar logic to the lack of X-Men characters or a Spider-Man.)
Assassin
  • Mulan (Mulan) was picked as my premier Disney Princess, because - while I had concepts for several of them, most prominently Jasmine - Mulan had a live-action remake fairly recently in 2020, as well as having plenty of moveset potential as a swordfighter with fireworks and arrows. She's mainly selected on the basis of actually being a Disney Princess, though - the brand doesn't include Elsa under that banner.
  • Jessie (Toy Story) is a second Toy Story rep chosen for a couple of reasons - partially because of Woody's sense of closure at the end of Toy Story 4, but also because I felt her personality would lend to a pretty fun feel while still being able to include plenty of cowboy-themed elements.
  • Ashoka Tano (Star Wars) might seem a little odd too, but I felt that including a Jedi of some form was absolutely necessary - and with Ashoka's role in the recent new series of The Clone Wars and her upcoming standalone Disney+ series, she made a lot of sense. Plus, her dual-wielding fighting style would make her unique mechanically, and she's a fan-favourite character from the Star Wars franchise to boot.
Tank
  • Goofy (Mickey Mouse & Friends) is here as a secondary Mickey rep, making sense due to his iconic nature and also because he's got plenty of appearances under his belt. Plus, he's got a lot of potential to be a bit of a... goofy tank, compared to say, Donald Duck - who'd be likely to be a Brawler.
  • Violet (The Incredibles) is a rep for our second Pixar series, chosen for a few reasons. The Incredibles had a fairly recent release in 2018 and is a fan-favourite franchise within Pixar's lineup, and Violet's own abilities lend really well to a moveset. Plus, her interactions with Marvel characters could be fun.
  • Captain Marvel (Marvel Universe) is our second Marvel character, chosen for numerous reasons - most prominently, she seems to be a character that Marvel is pushing to act as their "face", especially given the name. She's also a good candidate for a more mobile Tank character.
Support
  • Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins) is our only Disney live-action character on the roster, but I felt this would be an important niche to cover somewhere - and Mary Poppins is one of Disney's most iconic pieces of media outright. Plus, she has plenty of potential as an unorthodox Support character using her more magical elements, and Disney have been utilising the Mary Poppins franchise more often in recent years.
  • Figment (Disney Parks) is possibly another odd choice, but I decided they'd work well as a sort of stand-in for Reindog - while also representing a very important but often underdiscussed element of Disney's output, its parks. Figment's unorthodox build and design as a dragon, as well as their imagination-based abilities, feel like they'd lend really well to a Support character overall. And, well... if you know anything about Figment, you know they have a basically bottomless well of costume potential to pull from!
Ranged
  • Elsa (Frozen) is here alongside Olaf for a number of reasons. While she's not officially a Disney Princess (hence my inclusion of Mulan), she's arguably one of Disney's most iconic characters outright by this point - and is an obvious candidate for a playable role given her powers over ice.
  • Doctor Strange (Marvel Universe) is our last Marvel character, again intended to cross-promote Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, but also being chosen because he just lends fantastically to a Mage/Ranged role with plenty of interesting abilities that'd work well in this role.
  • Din Djarin (Star Wars) is our last base-roster character, chosen for a few reasons himself. Of course, there's the popularity of The Mandalorian and its role in promoting Disney+ - but there's also his role as a unique Star Wars character who doesn't use a lightsaber in combat.
Post-Launch
  • Darkwing Duck (Duck Universe) is introduced a week after the game's launch, tying in with the Open Beta... for a few reasons. While not being directly intended to cross-promote anything in specific, the Disney Afternoon brand is being promoted more at this time period with things like the Chip & Dale movie - plus, a duck of some kind helps complete the trio we have with Mickey and Goofy. Not only this, while Scrooge McDuck would be a lot of fun, Darkwing keeps a similar sort of concept to some of my other inclusions - the concept of including "heroes", like Violet, or the Marvel characters.
Post-Launch Seasons
Season One
  • Ms. Marvel (Marvel Universe, Brawler) is our first true post-launch character, chosen for a number of reasons. Of course, the Marvel Universe is going to be a prominent franchise here, but Ms. Marvel has been continually pushed in both comics and the MCU at this point - and her Disney+ series is very recent. Plus, she has unique abilities and the potential to have plenty of fun interactions with Captain Marvel.
  • Bart Simpson (The Simpsons, Assassin) is an interesting pick that I thought would work well as part of a newer pair representing Fox's animation output. (After all, Family Guy doesn't feel as... fitting.) Bart's moveset could totally include a ton of things like his skateboard or slingshot, but you could also include elements from things like "El Barto".
  • Neytiri (Avatar, Assassin) is here as cross-promotion for the upcoming Avatar: The Way of Water, especially in light of screenings of the first film starting at a similar time to this character's release. Her moveset mostly relies on a hunter-based archetype, with elements like knives, spears, and a bow.
  • Homer Simpson (The Simpsons, Brawler) is our second The Simpsons character, chosen alongside Bart because the pair of them are arguably the two most iconic characters from the series. Similar to Bart, he could use a variety of elements from throughout the series - though I think it'd be particularly interesting to see him use the radioactive rod from the opening somehow or other.
  • Darth Vader (Star Wars, Tank) is our Halloween release, and while I considered a number of other characters for this role (most prominently Jack Skellington), I think Vader's role as such an iconic villain in Disney's lineup while also working to cross-promote some Star Wars content would work well. He'd also be really different to Ashoka, given his Tank-based nature.
Season Two
  • Powerline (A Goofy Movie, Support) might be an oddball pick, but he's one that Disney seem more willing to work with recently - and would work very well as a pair with Goofy. He'd be music-centric as a Support character, perhaps relying on different dancemoves or the occasional musical instruments when in combat.
Full Launch
Relaunch
  • Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty, Ranged) makes a lot of sense as this roster's Joker - an iconic, legendary villain within Disney's catalogue while also having a lot of moveset potential to do something pretty fresh. I considered a lot of characters under the Disney Villains umbrella here, but Maleficent specifically just sprang out to me as an obvious candidate - though Cruella de Vil came close.
  • Orca (National Geographic, Tank) seems like an interesting pick that'd work well as a "joke fighter" while also being pretty cool, and an interesting candidate to represent a big part of Disney's franchises. In this case, it's a real-world orca surrounded by a "bubble" of water, which can use the water to move around, but has its movements and interactions narrated in the style of a National Geographic documentary.
  • Predator (Predator, Ranged) is perhaps an unexpected pick, but I felt a horror character of some kind (akin to Jason Voorhees) would be a lot of fun... and Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox left me with a choice of a couple of icons, but I opted for Predator because it'd be pretty fun to work with.
Post-Launch
  • Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean, Tank) feels like a really interesting candidate because of the popularity of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise - and while Jack Sparrow is possibly the more iconic character from the series, Davy Jones brings forth arguably more moveset potential with his unusual build and abilities, and also doesn't run into too many potential issues with using Johnny Depp's likeness. Plus, he keeps up a villainous role.
Obviously I can only work with what exists thus far, and this might not necessarily be either realistic, or good. But hey, hopefully it's interesting at least. Won't cover stages as of yet but I imagine that Cinderella's castle would probably be one of them.
Oooo, lots of fun choices here, particularly a fan of Orca. I do think your logic for not including Spider-Man is flawed cuz like... he's in the mcu. But even without that he's a character Disney is always gonna put in stuff regardless of the situation with him.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Oooo, lots of fun choices here, particularly a fan of Orca. I do think your logic for not including Spider-Man is flawed cuz like... he's in the mcu. But even without that he's a character Disney is always gonna put in stuff regardless of the situation with him.
On the one hand, I do get this - and him being in the MCU is a good point - but I opted not to include him partially because of cross-promotion with Sony's products (which is a smaller, pettier thing) but also issues in 2022 with bringing over some Spider-Man media to Disney+ due to lingering rights issues, so I gathered they might not want to stir the pot too much there. That said, I think he'd absolutely be a must-have in the... new Season 1? Though, as for whether it'd be Parker, Morales, or someone else... I'll leave up to interpretation for now.

Also, glad you like Orca! :cheersleo:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
On the one hand, I do get this - and him being in the MCU is a good point - but I opted not to include him partially because of cross-promotion with Sony's products (which is a smaller, pettier thing) but also issues in 2022 with bringing over some Spider-Man media to Disney+ due to lingering rights issues, so I gathered they might not want to stir the pot too much there. That said, I think he'd absolutely be a must-have in the... new Season 1? Though, as for whether it'd be Parker, Morales, or someone else... I'll leave up to interpretation for now.

Also, glad you like Orca! :cheersleo:
Ehhhh I get the reasoning but if you know spiderman you know that unlike say, Disney's pettiness with fox and xmen back in the day, they've always viewed spiderman as an asset too important to leave out because of any sort of pettiness.

Now let's have fun and assign zoan-types to Nintendo classic characters

11 - Mario - Raccoon
12 - Luigi - Fox
13 - Bowser - Human
14 - Donkey Kong - Crocodile
15 - King K. Rool - Gorilla
16 - Link - Wolf
17 - Zelda - Spider (Skulltula)
18 - Ganondorf - Boar
19 - Corrin - Dragon
20 - Pit - Goose
21 - Dark Pit - Canadian Goose
22 - Pyra - Salamander / Mythra - Basilisk Lizard
23 - Pikachu - Mouse
24 - Fox - Panther (he is as confused as we all are)
25 - Captain Falcon - Falcon
26 - Bayonetta - Bat
27 - Samus - Raven (Chozo)
28 - Ridley - Metroid. his Zoan form is a Metroid
29 - Jigglypuff - Byakko the legendary white tiger
30 - Ness - Sheepdog (looks like the dog from Earthbound)
31 - Kirby - Hamster (Rick)
32 - Yoshi - Tyrannosaurus Rex (like the one from Odyssey)
33 - Wario - Skunk
34 - Peach - Turtle (Koopa Troopa)
35 - Villager - Duck (looks like Duck Hunt Duck)

DLC:
36 - Sonic - Echidna
37 - Mega Man - Toad Man
38 - Pac-Man - Chomp Chomp (his dog)
39 - Funky Kong - Axolotl
40 - Mewtwo - Jackal
  • Of course Mario is a raccoon, and Luigi is a fox.
  • Bowser's animal form is a human? I think the Doug Bowser jokes may resurge if that happens.
  • DK's zoan is a crocodile, and K. Rool's is a gorilla? Props for turning the rivalry on its head.
  • Wolf Link and Boar Ganondorf make perfect sense, but Zelda being a spider is a slight curveball.
  • This game might actually give Corrin more respect than he/she did in Smash.
  • Dark Pit as a Canadian Goose. You have my attention.
  • Weird to make Pyra and Mythra lizards, but I'm not a Xenoblade guy.
  • Fox is a panther, yet Luigi is a fox? Thank you for being aware of the obvious confusion at play.
  • Poor Pikachu. Between Captain Falcon, Bayonetta, Luigi, Link, Donkey Kong, and those I haven't brought up yet, his zoan form is toast.
  • Samus as a raven makes total sense. And for 2000s CN fans, that would probably make Raven Beak into Trigon.
  • I guess that means Samus isn't named Metroid after all. /s
  • Jigglypuff becomes Byakko? Talk about your major glowups!
  • Well, hamsters are highly social pets.
  • Yoshi turning into the Odyssey T-Rex adds to the already chaotic gimmick.
  • I'm glad the Duck Hunt universe is given some representation in this game.
  • To me, the highlight of the DLC is seeing Sonic turn into a realistic echidna. Although it's not like Mega Man was spoiled for animal options here.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I came up with a few Hannah Barbera fighting games, in the style of those Capcom Marvel games
Hannah Barbera All Stars. Featuring multiple of Hannah Barbera‘s main stars
1.Scooby Doo
2.Velma
3.Yogi Bear
4.Fred Flintstone
5.George Jetson
6.Johnny Quest
7.El Kapong
8.Doggie Daddy
9.Jabberjaw
10.Smurfette
11.Di** Dastardly
12.Batman (Guest Fighter)

Hannah Barbera Heroes
1.Scooby-Doo
2.Velma
3.El Kapong
4.Captain Caveman
5.Janna of the Jungle
6.Space Ghost
7.Birdman
8.Johnny Quest
9.Geroge Jetson
10.Di** Dastardly
11.Muttley
12.Wonder Woman (Guest Fighter)
FWI, Creeper and Gargamel are bosses

Now for a new one
Scooby-Doo vs Bugs Bunny
Scooby-Doo side
1.Scooby-Doo
2.Shaggy
3.Velma
4.Fred
5.Daphne
6.Scrappy
7.Vincent Van Ghoul
8.Creeper
9.Tar Monster
10.Captain Caveman

Bugs Bunny Side
1.Bugs Bunny
2.Elmer Fudd
3.Daffy Duck
4.Yosamite Sam
5.Marvin the Martian
6.Taz
7.Cecil Turtle
8.Mama Gorilla
9.Wile E Coyote
10.Granny

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
So I made an “ultimate fighting crossover” roster and was looking for a thread to post it in. This seems like the place lol
SF vs MK.png

Originally I was just gonna make SF vs MK, but it ended up evolving into this. I still like the idea of using those two series as the focal point, which is why they each have the most characters. Even with that much it was still hard to choose taking everything into account like importance, popularity, playstyle variety, etc. Left out some big names like Guile, Cammy, Johnny, Sonya, Raiden, etc. I also gave Namco and SNK 8 characters. I was thinking a game like this could have a final boss that’s a tag team of Shang Tsung with the Orochi blood and M. Bison infused with the devil gene. Just some dumb fan servicey bull**** to emphasize the crossover.

48 characters is excessive, which is why I included a good handful of derivative characters (Ken, Akuma, Rock, Kazuya). It’s still a lot even with that, but come on how could I not go overboard?

I wanted to include more Tekken and Guilty Gear because those both feel like big series, especially right now, but I didn’t feel like I had the room. Especially since I wanted a lot of Soul Calibur and some other ArcSys stuff. I originally had Ky Kiske + Ramlethal and Kuma + King and if I had a few more spaces then they would be there.

Goku and Wolverine stood out to me as the two non-video game characters to add. There are a **** ton of DBZ fighting games out there. And Marvel also feels very central to fighting games thanks to MvC. And X-Men specifically has even had quite a few fighting games in the past. I also got Amingo and Android 21 accompanying them. Those two felt perfect for a game like this. I considered Labrys as well for a similar reason.

In a similar vein I also thought about characters who didn’t originate in fighting games but are well known for them. Hayabusa for DoA and Dante for MvC come to mind. Of course a Smash rep is also tempting. I’d want a character who feels “Smash original,” like Captain Falcon or Sheik. Fox and Falco feel like they’d translate to a traditional fighter really well, so I’d probably do them. That said Link being in every Smash game + Soul Calibur makes him a tempting choice. Kratos too, given both PASBR and MK. Also Lucario stands out to me, being a fighting type from both Smash and Pokken. And then for non-video game characters, a DC rep makes sense thanks to Injustice. Naruto has about as many fighter appearances as Goku. All these feel like good choices. I just didn’t wanna go overboard in this category. Goku and Wolverine feel exciting enough.

Also I needed at least one weirdo, so that’s why we got Bad Mr. Frosty. I couldn’t resist lol

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Continuing on
Scooby-Doo vs Looney Tunes
Scooby-Doo Side
1.Scooby-Doo
2.Shaggy
3.Velma
4.Fred
5.Daphne
6.Vincent Van Ghoul
7.Tar Monster
8.Platypus Duck
9.Scooby Dum
10.Funky Phantom

Looney Tunes Side
1.Bugs Bunny
2.Daffy Duck
3.Sylvestor
4.Granny
5.Wile E Coyote
6.Foghorn Leghorn
7.Porky Pig
8.Marc Anthony
9.Babs Bunny
10.The Brain

Hannah Barbera vs Looney Tunes
Hannah Barbera Side
1.Scooby-Doo
2.Velma
3.Fred Flintstone
4.Yogi Bear
5.Geroge Jetson
6.Space Ghost
7.Smurfette
8.Dexter
9.Johnny
10.Blossom

Looney Tunes Side
1.Bugs Bunny
2.Daffy Duck
3.Granny
4.Porky Pig
5.Wile E Coyote
6.Taz
7.Sam Sheepdog
8.Michican J Frog
9.Fifi Le Fume
10.Pinky

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Another proposal for an Ultimate sequel roster
Smash: Brothers in Arms
This roster hits the elusive 100 - because of this, the game would not be designed to be comp viable. The big draw of this game is the rebooted roster, which has an even split between Nintendo characters and third parties - third party picks are made to appeal to third party fans, no Banjo/Mega Man style picks here. Although the game would not have a major focus on team battles, the branding of the game (such as cutscenes and the vocal music theme) would be themed around comradeship and mutual respect, playing up the idea of the clapping on results screens.

NINTENDO
  1. Mario (Super Mario)
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Daisy
  6. Goomba
  7. Toad Kart
  8. Dr. Mario
  9. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
  10. Rambi
  11. Wario (Wario)
  12. Ashley
  13. Yoshi (Yoshi)
  14. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
  15. Pokemon Trainer
  16. Jigglypuff
  17. Igglybuff
  18. Meloetta
  19. Incineroar
  20. Link (Zelda)
  21. Zelda
  22. Ganondorf
  23. Midna
  24. Ghirahim
  25. Ganon
  26. Tingle (Tingle)
  27. Villager (Animal Crossing)
  28. Animal
  29. Isabelle
  30. Jingle
  31. Callie & Marie (Splatoon)
  32. Pearl & Marina
  33. Kirby (Kirby)
  34. King Dedede
  35. Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt)
  36. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
  37. Kumatora (EarthBound)
  38. Marth (Fire Emblem)
  39. Robin
  40. Fox (Star Fox)
  41. Falco
  42. ROB (Robot Series)
  43. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
  44. Olimar (Pikmin)
  45. Samus (Metroid)
  46. Ridley
  47. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
  48. Yuka (Rhythm Heaven)
  49. Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
  50. Jill (Drill Dozer)

THIRD PARTIES
  1. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  2. Ghost Gang
  3. Ms. Pac-Man
  4. Steve (Minecraft)
  5. Dragonborn (Skyrim)
  6. CJ (Grand Theft Auto)
  7. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  8. Ken
  9. Chun-Li
  10. Blanka
  11. Doomguy (Doom)
  12. Vault Boy (Fallout)
  13. Master Chief (Halo)
  14. Arbitter
  15. Cortana
  16. Kratos (God of War)
  17. Atreus
  18. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  19. Hero (Dragon Quest)
  20. L/J (Tetris)
  21. Z/S
  22. T
  23. O
  24. I
  25. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  26. Tails
  27. Knuckles
  28. Dr. Eggman
  29. Fortnite (Fortnite)
  30. Red (Angry Birds)
  31. Bad Piggies
  32. Cloud (Final Fantasy)
  33. Sephiroth
  34. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
  35. Mei (Overwatch)
  36. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  37. Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
  38. Ghost (Call of Duty)
  39. Aloy (Horizon)
  40. Yorgle (Adventure)
  41. Kazuya (Tekken)
  42. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  43. Miner Willy (Manic Miner)
  44. Terry (Fatal Fury)
  45. Iori (King of Fighters)
  46. Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey island)
  47. PaRappa (PaRappa the Rapper)
  48. Bubsy (Bubsy)
  49. Clippit (Microsoft Office)
  50. Power-Pro Kun (Power Pros)

this roster is actually just 5-seperate-tetrominoes propaganda

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
This roster hits the elusive 100 - because of this, the game would not be designed to be comp viable. The big draw of this game is the rebooted roster, which has an even split between Nintendo characters and third parties - third party picks are made to appeal to third party fans, no Banjo/Mega Man style picks here. Although the game would not have a major focus on team battles, the branding of the game (such as cutscenes and the vocal music theme) would be themed around comradeship and mutual respect, playing up the idea of the clapping on results screens.

NINTENDO
  1. Mario (Super Mario)
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Daisy
  6. Goomba
  7. Toad Kart
  8. Dr. Mario
  9. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
  10. Rambi
  11. Wario (Wario)
  12. Ashley
  13. Yoshi (Yoshi)
  14. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
  15. Pokemon Trainer
  16. Jigglypuff
  17. Igglybuff
  18. Meloetta
  19. Incineroar
  20. Link (Zelda)
  21. Zelda
  22. Ganondorf
  23. Midna
  24. Ghirahim
  25. Ganon
  26. Tingle (Tingle)
  27. Villager (Animal Crossing)
  28. Animal
  29. Isabelle
  30. Jingle
  31. Callie & Marie (Splatoon)
  32. Pearl & Marina
  33. Kirby (Kirby)
  34. King Dedede
  35. Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt)
  36. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
  37. Kumatora (EarthBound)
  38. Marth (Fire Emblem)
  39. Robin
  40. Fox (Star Fox)
  41. Falco
  42. ROB (Robot Series)
  43. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
  44. Olimar (Pikmin)
  45. Samus (Metroid)
  46. Ridley
  47. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
  48. Yuka (Rhythm Heaven)
  49. Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
  50. Jill (Drill Dozer)

THIRD PARTIES
  1. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  2. Ghost Gang
  3. Ms. Pac-Man
  4. Steve (Minecraft)
  5. Dragonborn (Skyrim)
  6. CJ (Grand Theft Auto)
  7. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  8. Ken
  9. Chun-Li
  10. Blanka
  11. Doomguy (Doom)
  12. Vault Boy (Fallout)
  13. Master Chief (Halo)
  14. Arbitter
  15. Cortana
  16. Kratos (God of War)
  17. Atreus
  18. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  19. Hero (Dragon Quest)
  20. L/J (Tetris)
  21. Z/S
  22. T
  23. O
  24. I
  25. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  26. Tails
  27. Knuckles
  28. Dr. Eggman
  29. Fortnite (Fortnite)
  30. Red (Angry Birds)
  31. Bad Piggies
  32. Cloud (Final Fantasy)
  33. Sephiroth
  34. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
  35. Mei (Overwatch)
  36. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  37. Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
  38. Ghost (Call of Duty)
  39. Aloy (Horizon)
  40. Yorgle (Adventure)
  41. Kazuya (Tekken)
  42. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  43. Miner Willy (Manic Miner)
  44. Terry (Fatal Fury)
  45. Iori (King of Fighters)
  46. Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey island)
  47. PaRappa (PaRappa the Rapper)
  48. Bubsy (Bubsy)
  49. Clippit (Microsoft Office)
  50. Power-Pro Kun (Power Pros)

A 50/50 first/third party split is quite interesting.

also based meloetta

AlRex

Smash Lord

[snip]

I like a lot of the odd choices and the "Nintendo VS Everyone Else" theming, though I've always thought that a Tetromino fighter would just shapeshift into the other shapes and have no clue what you'd even do with them all separate. I do have the weird take thought that they'd work better as a fighter than a stage.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
This one is the big one
Hannah Barbera vs Looney Tunes 2
Hannah Barbera
1.Scooby-Doo
2.Shaggy
3.Velma
4.Fred
5.Daphne
6.Scrappy
7.Vincent Van Ghoul
8.Creeper
9.Tar Monster
10.Platypus Duck
11.Scooby Dum
12.Yogi Bear
13.Fred Flintstone
14.El Kapong
15.Funky Phantom
16.Space Ghost
17.Smurfette
18.Dexter
19.Johnny
20.Blossom
21.Janna of the Jungle
22.Di** Dasterdly and Muttley
23.George Jetson
24.Jabberjaw
25.Doggie Daddy
26.Birdman
27.Johnny Quest
28.Gargamel
29.Wonder Woman
30.Batman

Looney Tunes Side
1.Porky Pig
2.Daffy Duck
3.Elmer Fudd
4.Bugs Bunny
5.Cecil Turtle
6.Sylvester
7.Granny
8.Yosamite Sam
9.Mama Gorilla
10.Foghorn Leghorn
11.Wile E Coyote
12.Marvin the Martian
13.Marc Anthony
14.Michican J Frog
15.Sam Sheepdog
16.Ralph Wolf
17.Babs Bunny
18.Buster Bunny
19.Fifi le Fume
20.Yakko
21.Dot
22.Wakko
23.Pinky
24.Brain
25.Lola Bunny
26.Pepe le Pew
27.Gossamar
28.Penelope
29.Roadrunner
30.Rocksy and Muggsy

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I wanted to imagine what if Multiversus was a big franchise with 5 games, similar to Smash bros. I don't think it's perfect, but here's what I end up with:
Bold = secret characters

Multiversus: released for the Nintendo 64 in 1999 (characters up to 1997 were eligible)
-Batman (DC)
-Superman (DC)
-Bugs Bunny (Looney tunes)
-Daffy Duck (Looney tunes)
-
Tom and Jerry
-Shaggy (fun fact: Hannah Barbera was bought by WB in 1996, so Scooby-Doo franchise could barely make it in the first game!)
-Stripe (Gremlins)
-Lion-O (Thundercats)
-Dexter (Dexter's lab)
-Mad Max
-Beetlejuice
-Michael Jordan (Space jam)

Multiversus Melee: released in 2001 for the Gamecube (characters up to 2000 were eligible). I originally wanted the same amounts of clones like Melee, but it was really hard to come up with good clones ideas, so I just decided to have a smaller amount of newcomers.
-Wonder Woman (DC)
-The Flash (DC)
-Wile E. Coyote (Looney tunes)
-Taz (Looney tunes)
-Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo)
-Velma (Scooby-Doo)
-Johnny Bravo
-Courage (Courage the cowardly dog)
-Wicked witch of the West (Wizard of Oz)
-Neo (Matrix)

Multiversus Brawl: released in 2008 for the Wii (character up to 2005 were eligible).
-Green lantern (DC)
-Marvin the Martian (Looney tunes)
-Harry Potter (Wizarding world) (note: this was much before the JK Rowling controversy. For the sake of this, I'm just going to assume they were add and nobody's getting cut)
-Voldemort (Wizarding world)
-Ben 10 (Ben 10)
-Powerpuff girls (they have the same role as Pokémon trainer, they're 3 in 1)
-Numbuh 1 (Code name: Kids next door)
-Samurai Jack
-
Aragorn (Lord of the ring)
-Gandalf (Lord of the ring)
-Willy Wonka
-Kangaroo Jack
-Fred Flintstones

Multiversus for Wii U and 3ds: released in 2014 (characters up to 2012 were eligible, and up to 2015 for dlc)
-Green arrow (DC)
-Joker (DC)
-Scarecrow (DC)
-Rorscach (Watchmen)
-Rick (Rick and Morty)

-Chowder
-Scorpion (Mortal kombat) (note: Mortal kombat couldn't get in before, because the franchise was bought by WB in 2009)
-Sub-Zero (Mortal kombat)
-Legolas (Lord of the ring)
-Bilbo (Hobbit)
-Arya Stark (Game of thrones)
-Jon Snow (Game of thrones)
-Finn (Adventure time)
-Jake (Adventure time)
DLC:
1. Mordecai (Regular show)
2. Emmett (Lego)
3. Tony Soprano (The Soprano)
4. Ice bear (We bare bears)

Multiversus Ultimate released in 2018, characters up to 2016 were eligible and up to 2019 in dlc
-Harley Quinn (DC)
-Steven Universe
-Garnet (Steven Universe)
-Daenerys (Game of thrones)
-K.O. (OK KO let's be heroes)
-Shao Kahn (Mortal kombat)
-Morty (Rick and Morty)
-Yogi bear

Bonus dlc: Banana guard (Adventure time)

Fighter pass 1:
1. Animaniacs
2. Pennywise the clown (It)
3. Shazam (DC)
4. Furiosa (Mad Max)
5. Agent Smith (Matrix)

Fighter pass 2:
1. Beast Boy (DC)
2. Austin Powers
3. Spear and Fang (Primal)
4. Godzilla
5. Craig (Craig of the creek)
6. Walter White (Breaking bad)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know what I'm just gonna do the X-Men themed roster

1. Cyclops
  2. Jean Grey
  3. Iceman
  4. Beast
  5. Angel
  6. Wolverine
  7. Magneto
  8. Mr Sinister
  9. Mystique
  10. Storm
  11. Nightcrawler
  12. Shadowcat
  13. Rogue
  14. Gambit
  15. Cable
  16. Hope
  17. Colosuss
  18. Apocalypse
  19. Onslaught
  20. Havok
  21. Polaris
  22. Jubilee
  23. Juggernaut
  24. Black Tom Cassidy
  25. Banshee
  26. Warpath
  27. Emma Frost
  28. Cannonball
  29. Husk
  30. Warlock
  31. Sunspot
  32. Wolfsbane
  33. Danielle Moonstar
  34. Silver Samurai
  35. Lady Deathstrike
  36. Spiral
  37. Blob
  38. Pyro
  39. Avalanche
  40. Toad
  41. Longshot
  42. Dazzler
  43. Sauron
  44. X-23
  45. Armor
  46. Elixir
  47. Anole
  48. Dust
  49. Mercury
  50. Nimrod
  51. Bastion

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Hannah Barbera vs Looney Tunes 3
HB Side
1. Scooby-Doo
2.Shaggy
3.Velma
4.Tar Monster
5.Yogi Bear
6.Fred Flintsone
7.Wilma Flintsone
8.El Kapong
9.Huckleberry Hound
10.Space Ghost
11.Blossom
12.Bubbles
13.Buttercup
14.George Jetson
15.Mr.Spacely
16.Captain Caveman
17.Top Cat
18.Jabberjaw
19.Dexter
20.Dee Dee

Looney Tunes Side
1.Porky Pig
2.Daffy Duck
3.Elmer Fudd
4.Bugs Bunny
5.Sylvester
6.Granny
7.Foghorn Leghorn
8.Wile E Coyote
9.Yosamite Sam
10.Michigan J Frog
11.Babs Bunny
12.Buster Bunny
13.Fifi le Fume
14.Cecil Turtle
15.Mama Gorilla
16.Mark Anthony
17.Marvin the Martian
18.Taz
19.Queen Tyr’ahnee
20.Lola Bunny

DLC
HB side
1.Vincent Van Ghoul
2.Fleegle
3.Funky Phantom
4.Di** Dasterdley
5.Red Guy
6.Johnny Bravo

Looney Tunes Side
1.Penelope
2.Sam Sheepdog
3.Witch Hazel
4.Nasty Conasta
5.Gabby Goat
6.Foxy

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
This thread is fun. So in this version Konami gave me all their Hudson IPs so I made a smash bros game.

1 - Bonk
2 - Air Zonk
3 - Bomberman
4 - Max (Bomberman Echo)
5 - Master Higgins
6 - Yugo (Bloody Roar)
7 - Alice (Bloody Roar)
8 - Milon ('s secret castle)
9 - Jazeta (Neutopia)
10 - Dirth (Neutopia)
11 - Son of Jazeta (Neutopia II)
12 - Spike Lee (Air Zonk)
13 - Astra (Air Zonk)
14 - King Tamagomon/Drool (Bonk)
15 - Kabuki Danjiro (Tengai Makyou)
16 - Manjimaru Sengoku (Tengai Makyou)
17 - Tina (Adventure Island)
18 - Momotaro
19 - King Bomby (Momotaro)
20 - Stun (Bloody Roar)

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Now to finish off the series
Hannah Barbera vs Looney Tunes: Infinite

HB Side
1.Scooby-Doo
2.Shaggy
3.Velma
4.Sheriff Stone
5.Fred Flintstone
6.Wilma Flintstone
7.Yogi Bear
8.Cindy Bear
9.Janna of the Jungle
10.Blossom
11.Bubbles
12.Buttercup
13.Jabberjaw
14.Johnny Bravo
15.Cow and Chicken
16.Red Guy
17.Doggie Daddy
18.El Kapong
19.Di** Dastardly
20.Johnny Quest
21.Snagglepuss
22.Space Ghost
23.Brak
24.Grim
25.Billy and Mandy
26.George Jetson

Looney Tunes Side
1.Bugs Bunny
2.Daffy Duck
3.Sylvester
4.Granny
5.Porky Pig
6.Elmer Fudd
7.Yosamite Sam
8.Foghorn Leghorn
9.Barnyard Dawg
10.Wile E Coyote
11.Roadrunner
12.Sam Sheepdog
13.Michigan J Frog
14.Mama Gorilla
15.Marc Anthony
16.Marvin
17.Queen Tyr’ahnee
18.Babs Bunny
19.Buster Bunny
20.Fifi le Fume
21.Witch Hazel
22.Lola Bunny
23.Peneolope
24.Mac and Tosh
25.Yakko, Wakko and Dot
26.Pinky and Brain

DLC
HB Side
1.Tom and Jerry
2.Peter Potamus
3.Judy Jetson
4.Tundro
5.Funky Phantom
6.Professor Pericles

Looney Tunes Side
1.Speedy Gonzales
2.Tina Russo
3.Beaky Buzzard
4.Lexi Bunny
5.Giovanni Jones
6.Tweety and Bulldog

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Going back to my Mario vs Kirby concept, decided to go back & use the general template for other series that can be swapped in.

Will start with Sonic

64/SaturnSonicTailsKnucklesEggmanBarkMetal Sonic (E)
MeleeGammaAmyBigChaosShadow (E)Tikal (E)Classic Amy (E)
BrawlRougeSilverBlazeEmerylJet
Sm4shZavokYackerCream & CheeseClassic SonicKing ArthurSuper Sonic (DLC)Classic Eggman (DLC)
UltimateInfiniteSticksSuper Shadow (E)Doll Tails (E)Vector (FP1)Mighty & Ray
(FP2)

SEGA Guests
BrawlAiai
Sm4shArleAkira Yuki (DLC)Bayonetta (DLC)
UltimateMeemee (E)Jeanne (E)Joker (FP1)Matoi PSO (FP1)Kiryu (FP2)Nahobino (FP2)

Revised Nintendo Guests
Brawl:ultmario:or:ultkirby::ultlink:
Sm4sh:ultsamus::ultpikachu: (DLC)
Ultimate:ultinkling::ultfox: (FP1):ultbyleth: (FP1):ultolimar: (FP2):ultpyra: / :ultmythra: (FP2)

Also want to at least do Zelda & Fire Emblem but will save it for later.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Smash Bros Timeline But It's Pop Culture Villains Pt.1 - 64
Starter:
Darth Vader(Star Wars)​
The Joker(DC)​
Dracula(Universal Monsters)​
Frieza(Dragon Ball)​
Magneto(Marvel)​
Freddy Krueger(A Nightmare on Elm Street)​
Bowser(Super Mario Bros.)​
Jason(Friday the 13th)​
Unlockable:
Lex Luthor(DC)The Monster
(Universal Monsters)
Megatron
(Transformers)
Micheal Myers(Halloween)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Doing a roster for a Universal platform fighter in a similar vein as Multiversus, Universus:

1. B.A. Baracus (The A-Team)
  2. Rocky and Bullwinkle
  3. Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
  4. Marty McFly (Back to the Future)
  5. Wolf (The Bad Guys)
  6. Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica (2004))
  7. Jason Bourne
  8. Rosa Diaz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)
  9. Bruce Nolan (Bruce Almighty)
  10. Captain Underpants
  11. Chucky (Child's Play)
  12. Columbo
  13. Conan (Conan the Barbarian)
  14. Riddick (The Chronicles of Riddick)
  15. Gru (Despicable Me)
  16. The Grinch (Dr. Seuss)
  17. E.T. (E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial)
  18. Dom Toretto (Fast & Furious)
  19. Deckard Shaw (Fast & Furious)
  20. Felix the Cat
  21. Michael Myers (Halloween)
  22. Happy Gilmore
  23. Nicholas Angel (Hot Fuzz)
  24. Danny Butterman (Hot Fuzz)
  25. Hiccup & Toothless (How to Train Your Dragon)
  26. Rexy (Jurassic Park)
  27. Michael Knight (Knight Rider)
  28. Po (Kung Fu Panda)
  29. Tigress (Kung Fu Panda)
  30. Lord Shen (Kung Fu Panda)
  31. Rico (Madagascar)
  32. M3GAN
  33. Megamind
  34. Dwight Schrute (The Office)
  35. Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation)
  36. Richie Rich
  37. Scott Pilgrim
  38. She-Ra (She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)
  39. Shrek
  40. **** in Boots (Shrek)
  41. Fairy Godmother (Shrek)
  42. Johnny (Sing)
  43. Poppy (Trolls)
  44. Dracula (Universal Monsters)
  45. The Wolfman (Universal Monsters)
  46. Mummy (Universal Monsters)
  47. Woody (Woody Woodpecker)
  48. Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)
Which one of the Munster family members should be DLC?

Last edited:
What if NASB was MultiVersus, kind of? Paramount MultiVersus-type roster, yes. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1638rTetuiG_j3irquDRIOX7bTF79_-WhS4690nDMP34/edit
I think I'd be cool with this roster. The MountainVersus name alone made me chuckle.

As for those with more than one rep, of course that honor would go to SpongeBob, TMNT, The Last Airbender, and Star Trek. If Kenny did get in, which his choice of class would be funny, South Park would make as much sense for more fighters.

The solo universe reps are understandable. Jimmy Neutron and Danny Phantom give us more 2000s Nick goodness, both Garfield and Dora are a unique pair to say the least, and Reptar being the only trace of Rugrats on the roster is justified. I just think All Grown Up! should be where we look if we want Tommy Pickles to fight.

As for the non-Nick section, Aeon Flux, John Shaft, Sweeney Todd, and Cloverfield are characters I thought I'd never see mucking it up with SpongeBob and Aang. At least Aeon Flux shared a home with Beavis and Butthead.

If you're looking for classes for Ed and Regina, may I suggest having them as Mages, with Ed slinging burgers and fries, while Regina summons her other Mean Girls to attack for her? Just a thought or two.

Top Bottom