• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox Legends ClimaX: The Xbox Series X/S's 'Ultimate' Smash (Adding Elder Scrolls & Dishonored Content)

Should we include 4th Party Content

• Total voters

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Conker:
  1. Poo Mountain
  2. The **** & Plucker
Perfect Dark:
  1. Area 51
  2. Holotraining
Battletoads:
  1. Wookie Hole
  2. Colossus
Stage Name: The City of Troy
Stage Origin: Age of Mythology
(2002)
Franchise: Age of Empires

A stage taking place in the ancient city of Troy during a parade in which the infamous Trojan Horse is present. It's also able to roll into the stage and become a platform. However, towards the end of the match, Greek soldiers pour out of the horse and do battle with Trojan soldiers whilst the parade-goers run around in fear.

Stage Name: Hayabusa Village
Stage Origin: Ninja Gaiden
(2004)
Franchise: Ninja Gaiden

A small Japanese village (and birthplace of Ryu Hayabusa) in the dead of night, and home to the Hayabusa Clan. They'll sometimes pop up in the background, but do what they can to keep themselves hidden. You'll also see plenty of falling leaves and woodland life, too.

Stage Name: GFO Oil Rig
Stage Origin: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
(2002)
Franchise: Splinter Cell

Pulled from the fourth level in the first game's campaign, the GFO Oil Rig has you fight high above the water's surface and on the pipes and walkways above the rig's surface. Workers are present in the background, as is Piotr - holding an extremely valuable briefcase.

Stage Name: Ghoulhaven Hall
Stage Origin: Grabbed by the Ghoulies
(2003)
Franchise: Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Similarly to the (later) Brawl's interpretation of Luigi's Mansion, Ghoulhaven Hall is here seperated into different rooms, including the Kitchen, the Gaming Room, the Laundry, the Grand Hallway, and other areas. There's also plenty of spooky enemies that wander around in the background...

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

1 Poo Mtn 7 (added)
2 Bats 3
3 C. & Plucker 2

Area 51
Holotraining 4
Air Force One 4

Removing my votes for Air Force One (1st) & Holotraining (2nd) means Area 51 will be added.

1 Turbo Tunnel 5 (added)

2 Wookie Hole 4
3 Colossus 3

Arena/Citadel (Age of Empires)

Once again not too familiar with series. Saw this mentioned as a particular unique stage surrounding the player inside stone walls. Could maybe make for a Mashima Dojo like stage.

Sacred Miyama
https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Sacred_Miyama (sorry for no image, couldnt find one outside the wiki which arent working on smashboards last i checked)

More familiar with Dead or Alive then Ninja Gaiden. Went with this stage which exists in 2 forms that the stage can transition between. The cursed form is where the final boss of doa 2 is fought who canonically was defeated by Hayabusa.

Vselka Submarine (Splinter Cell)

Only ever played Convictionwhich doesnt exsist yet. Went with this stage for 2 reasons, 1 a submarine stage sounds fun & unique & 2 this was a dlc stage on Xbox which seems like a big deal for the time. Admittedly this one may be a bit of a stretch as it released on pc in Feb. 2004 & Xbox later but feel like it still could have made the cut.

Will skip Grabbed by the Ghoulies making Ghoulhaven Hall the winner by default. Not a lot to work with & also feel like KneeOfJustice99's idea is the perfect way to rep the game.

Vote for your favorite stage nomination (can self vote) for Age of Empires, Ninja Gaiden, & Splinter Cell.

Mine are

City of Troy
(Other nominee is Arena/Citadel)
Sacred Miyama
(Other nominee is Hayabusa Village)
GFO Oil Rig
(Other nominee is Vselka Submarine)

Job 11 - Nominate a stage for Oddworld & up to 3 stages for Microsoft IP not on the roster.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
City of Troy
Hayabusa Village
GFO Oil Rig
manual1.jpg

Rupture Farms
Players fight outside of a large processing plant, on a platform with a chain fence and some smaller platforms above. there is a production line below that players can get stuck in and taken out of the stage into the plant, which KO's them. it's based on the second level of the original Oddsworld

819CtY6JsYL.jpg

Flight Simulator
Fighters battle it out on top of a plane as it soars through the skies. Similar to the Pilotwings stage from Smash 4.

racing.png

San Francisco
Based on the Project Gotham Racing games. Players battle on the streets of SanFran as cars race through, kind of like the Mario Kart stages in later Smash games. This will probably need to be be replaced by a Forza stage in later games

expert.png

Minesweeper
Fighters fight inside a game of Minesweeper, avoiding expositions as the blocks move around. I think this would be fine enough could give us some classic pre Xbox MS rep

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
City of Troy
Sacred Miyama
Vselka Submarine

Stage Name: Vykkers Labs
Stage Origin: Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
(2001)
Franchise: Oddworld

On the docks of Vykkers Labs, high above the ground, is this stage. Whilst you'll also see clouds and whatnot, you'll also have Vykker Pods flying by, as well as a number of them in the background. Sometimes, the back door will open and reveal one of their "products", which a Vykker will quickly usher back inside.

Stage Name: ANS Reliant
Stage Origin: Starlancer
(2000)
Franchise: Starlancer

Taking place on the roof of the ANS Reliant as it warps through the Solar System (allowing you to even see different planets or moons in the background as you fly by, namely Neptune, Earth, Ganymede, Mars, and Titan), this stage is a little like some of the Star Fox stages featured in Super Smash Bros. Starlancer itself is an acquired series from Digital Anvil, being a pretty large PC game in 2000 followed up by Freelancer, a later Xbox title, so it has some decent pedigree.

Stage Name: The Ruins
Stage Origin: Phantom Dust
(2004)
Franchise: Phantom Dust

On the ruins of a long-dead Earth, a battle takes place. Phantom Dust wouldn't have released in the US yet, but it had released in Japan, so I think this could be fun cross-promotion. Not only this, but it'd be able to be pretty fun too - you can break different elements of the scenery such as bridges and streetlights - and you could even include some Espers in the background doing battle.

Stage Name: Bliss
Stage Origin: Windows XP
(2001)
Franchise: Microsoft Windows

A basic bonus stage that works well for training, with players fighting on an animated version of Bucolic Green Hills (and being summoned in via dialog boxes.) No notes on its function beyond simply the fact that it'd be intended as a basic training stage, or an equivalent to Battlefield.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

Everyone voted for City of Troy so it will be added.

Hayabusa Village 3 (added)

Sacred Miyama 2

GFO Oil Rig 4 (added)
Vselka Submarine 1

Will skip submitting an Oddworld stage since once again never played the series & we have alot of nominees already.

Inside Drive (NBA Inside Drive)

Xbox had a big focus on sports titles at this point with Microsoft making their own NBA, NFL, NHL, & Golf game. Stage would be a generic basketball court with Inside Line Branding (no teams or NBA). NBA was one if the bigger series alongside NFL Fever however microsoft may be considering selling that ip (which they would to Ubisoft in early 2005).

Rallisport (Rallisport Challenge)

Project Gotham Racing is probably the better choice at this point for a racing game stage but thought id through this one into the mix. Also had multiple Xbox entries & was made by Dice (yes battlefield dice) who were making alot of racing games with Microsoft at the time.

Dashboard

Our Battlefield like stage that will evolve with the Xbox through time.

Vote for your top 2 Oddworld stages & top 5 misc. stages (top 5 overall will be added).

1 Rupture Farms
2 Vykkers Labs
(Other nominee is Soulstorm Brewery)

1 Minesweeper
2 Flight Simulator
3 Dashboard
4 The Ruins
5 Inside Drive

(Other nominees are San Francisco, ANS Reliant, Bliss, & RalliSport)

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Soulstorm Brewery
  2. Rupture Farms

1. Dashboard
  2. Bliss
  3. Minesweeper
  4. ANS Reliant
  5. Flight Simulator

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

1 Soulstorm Brewery 7
1 Rupture Farms 7
3 Vykkers Labs 1

Removing my votes (Rupture Farms 1st) means Soulstorm Brewery will be added.

1 Flight Simulator 25 (added)
2 Minesweeper 21 (added)
3 Dashboard 21 (added)
4 Bliss 11 (added)
5 The Ruins 7 (added)

6 Ans Reliant 3
7 Inside Drive 1
8 San Francisco 1
9 Rallisport HM

Stage roster is complete.

Job 12 - Developer Discussion 3

As mentioned in the op our main focus is Roster, Stages, & Assists. Will open up discussion this weekend for game modes & items. Feel free to post any any thoughts & ideas for these 2 topics.

I wont dive into items myself but as for game modes.

I imagine once again something inbetween 64 & melee. I could see adventure mode, homerun contest, & target smash being missing. Also not sure if we would have event matches or special smash. I think the collectibles would be more like spirits being artwork but with trophy like descriptions & viewable 3d models of things in the game.

We will start to build the roster for our sequel on Monday.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I think an arcade mode makes sense . Basically classic mode from smash.

for items. I don't have specific idea but down guns from Halo, Fable swords, a warthog, some magic items from Banjo all make sense

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job 12 - Developer Discussion 3

As mentioned in the op our main focus is Roster, Stages, & Assists. Will open up discussion this weekend for game modes & items. Feel free to post any any thoughts & ideas for these 2 topics.

I wont dive into items myself but as for game modes.

I imagine once again something inbetween 64 & melee. I could see adventure mode, homerun contest, & target smash being missing. Also not sure if we would have event matches or special smash. I think the collectibles would be more like spirits being artwork but with trophy like descriptions & viewable 3d models of things in the game.

We will start to build the roster for our sequel on Monday.
I think you could potentially do some neat stuff with items, though submitting them now might not be the best idea. I'd limit the item pool to around 20 for this game, mostly just to ensure that it's not too large in scope, but there's still a decent variety you could pull from other games if you so desired.

As for game modes, the suggestions made thus far make sense. That being said, I'd also like to suggest another mode that might give Xbox Legends a leg up on the competition - Online Play. The Xbox was one of the earlier consoles to jump onto the online trend using Xbox Live from 2002 onward, and featuring a (low-intensity) fighting game with online play this early on could be a significant draw to the game as well as to the network as a whole - especially when in competition with the still-unconnected Melee.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
As for items, I think I'd opt to approach them in a similar sort of way to a combination of 64 and Melee. A total of 20 seems like a good number, not too many, not too few. As for some specifics? May as well take a shot at a couple!

Item Name: Overshield
Item Origin: Halo: Combat Evolved
(2001)

A small item that, when interacted with, gives the player super armour as well as decreasing the amount of damage they take from attacks for a limited time. This is indicated by a red aura around the player. However, Overshield only lasts 10 seconds, and can be deactivated early if the player takes 40% damage.

Item Name: ECM Mine
Item Origin: Perfect Dark
(2000)

A mine that can be thrown or planted on the ground. When it hits an object or surface (such as a wall, the ground, a player, a projectile, etc) it begins to emit a sphere of electrical energy similar to an EMP for a couple of seconds, which stuns opponents caught within it. This doesn't affect the player who threw it, allowing this item to be used to immobilise and then attack your enemy.

Item Name: Playing Card
Item Origin: Microsoft Solitaire
(1990)

A large, chaotic projectile that bounces along the ground when thrown, having a pretty big hitbox and surprising knockback, but limited outright damage. Playing Card can bounce off practically anything, but being gravity-affected, it'll fall into the blast zone if you throw it off-stage.

Item Name: Shadow Doppelganger
Item Origin:
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (1990)

When you pick up this item, a spectral clone of your character will appear behind you and follow you for up to 10 seconds. It attacks exactly when you do, but only moves when you do (even being able to remain airborne whilst performing grounded attacks). As you can imagine, this item is a scarily effective one at building up combos and damage, but it can take a bit of practice to get your head around how exactly to use it.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Thanks for your input everyone, will update OP accordingly. Definitely agree online should be here. Now lets get started on our sequels roster.

Job 13 - Nominate a Microsoft Owned Gaming Character for the Roster. Remember its now about 2009 so any new or later aquired ip are ineligible.

Phantom Dust
Forza Motorsport
Conker Live & Reloaded
Project Gotham Racing 3
Hexic
Kameo Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
N3 Ninety Nine Nights
Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Crackdown
Jetpac Refueled
Aegis Wing
Forza Motorsport 2
Halo 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Viva Pinata Party Animals
Fable II Pub Games
Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise
Fable II
Gears of War 2
Banjo Kazooie Nuts N Bults
Lips
Banjo Kazooie XBLA
"Xbox Avatars"
Minesweeper Flags
Halo Wars
Banjo Tooie XBLA
Halo 3 ODST
Lips Number 1 Hits
Forza Motorsport 3
Lips: Deutsche Partyknaller
Lips Canta en Español
1 vs 100

HM Published
Marathon 2: Durandal (Bungie who are independent as of 2007)
Jade Empire
Uno
Tetris Splash
Scene It
Mass Effect
Rez HD
Too Human
Ninja Blade
Trials HD
South Park Lets Go Tower Defense Play
Dead or Alive 4 (Had a playable Halo Spartan)

My nominee

Microsofts answer to Miis. Both customizable characters were huge at the time & Nintendo didnt take advantage of that in Brawl so I say we should with our game. Would probably use more generic fighting moves with references to some games they have appeared in at this point. Players can choice between a dozen premade avatars or the avatar linked to their xbox profile making it the most most customizable fighter in this genre at the time (at least in appearance).

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Thanks for your input everyone, will update OP accordingly. Definitely agree online should be here. Now lets get started on our sequels roster.

Job 13 - Nominate a Microsoft Owned Gaming Character for the Roster. Remember its now about 2009 so any new or later aquired ip are ineligible.

Phantom Dust
Forza Motorsport
Conker Live & Reloaded
Project Gotham Racing 3
Hexic
Kameo Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
N3 Ninety Nine Nights
Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Crackdown
Jetpac Refueled
Aegis Wing
Forza Motorsport 2
Marathon 2: Durandal?
Halo 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Viva Pinata Party Animals
Fable II Pub Games
Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise
Fable II
Gears of War 2
Banjo Kazooie Nuts N Bults
Lips
Banjo Kazooie XBLA
"Xbox Avatars"
Minesweeper Flags?
Halo Wars
Banjo Tooie XBLA
Halo 3 ODST
Lips Number 1 Hits
Forza Motorsport 3
Lips: Deutsche Partyknaller
Lips Canta en Español
1 vs 100

HM Published
Jade Empire
Uno
Tetris Splash
Scene It
Mass Effect
Rez HD
Too Human
Ninja Blade
Trials HD
South Park Lets Go Tower Defense Play
Dead or Alive 4 (Had a playable Halo Spartan)

My nominee

Microsofts answer to Miis. Both customizable characters were huge at the time & Nintendo didnt take advantage of that in Brawl so I say we should with our game. Would probably use more generic fighting moves with references to some games they have appeared in at this point. Players can choice between a dozen premade avatars or the avatar linked to their xbox profile making it the most most customizable fighter in this genre at the time (at least in appearance).
Figured I would clarify the two question marks (Marathon Durandel and Minesweeper Flags)

For the former, Microsoft and Bungie split after 2007’s Halo 3. Microsoft only kept Halo while Bungie kept everything else. Bungie would later be acquired by Sony in 2022.

The later is effectively Minesweeper but with a fresh coat of paint. I bought it recently but I can’t tell if there’s a story mode or not. Might be best to consider it part of Minesweeper in general.

Also I assume the 2010s onward would be the next game? That would be the Kinect era and I have the perfect nominee for it.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
This one was actually a little difficult, because I did genuinely want to submit Nanashi from Phantom Dust, but I think this one's a logical and pretty sound pick for the era.

Character Name: Jetman
Character Origin: Jetpac
(1983)

This might seem like an odd choice at first glance, but I think it has good reasoning behind it. Jetman is the playable protagonist from the Jetpac series, which started out in 1983 on the ZX Spectrum. Now, this game was the first by Ultimate Play The Game... who would later become Rare, who'd then feature this first game in Donkey Kong 64 of all places. There were a couple of other games in the series, but it'd died by 1990. Then, in 2007, the series got a reboot with Jetpac: Refuelled, an Xbox Live Arcade exclusive, which recieved passable reviews but was generally well-liked.

Jetman thus fills a couple of interesting roles - as a promotional pick for the Xbox Live Arcade service, which would have been a pretty big deal at this time, he makes a lot of sense to include... but he's also a historical pick with a surprising amount of pedigree. Oh, and admittedly, he has more potential than you might expect for a moveset. Utilising his large cannon, powerful EMP blasts, and perhaps even a fuel meter that allows for temporary flight - all offset by the fact that he's a true glass cannon - Jetman feels like he'd be a good pick for this game's roster, even if he is technically another Rare rep.

By the way, here's a stage image for the first game. :)

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Figured I would clarify the two question marks (Marathon Durandel and Minesweeper Flags)

For the former, Microsoft and Bungie split after 2007’s Halo 3. Microsoft only kept Halo while Bungie kept everything else. Bungie would later be acquired by Sony in 2022.

The later is effectively Minesweeper but with a fresh coat of paint. I bought it recently but I can’t tell if there’s a story mode or not. Might be best to consider it part of Minesweeper in general.

Also I assume the 2010s onward would be the next game? That would be the Kinect era and I have the perfect nominee for it.
Thanks for clearing those 2 things up, will update the post shortly.

As for Kinect & post-2009 content. I wouldnt nessassarily say we have to wait for sequel, it is the 360 era & dlc is in full force on xbox. Our base roster is locked at 32 but adding 7 dlc fighters around 2010-2012 (or later?) would catch us up to where Smash's roster count is (39).

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Thanks for clearing those 2 things up, will update the post shortly.

As for Kinect & post-2009 content. I wouldnt nessassarily say we have to wait for sequel, it is the 360 era & dlc is in full force on xbox. Our base roster is locked at 32 but adding 7 dlc fighters around 2010-2012 (or later?) would catch us up to where Smash's roster count is (39).
Actually, just a random question - does this game have a name beyond "Xbox Legends 2"? (Or is that something we'll be voting on later?)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Actually, just a random question - does this game have a name beyond "Xbox Legends 2"? (Or is that something we'll be voting on later?)
Tomorrow's job will include name proposals for our sequel which will be voted on likely the day after.

EDIT - Also just noticed the roster select image you made. Looks great, will use it & credit you in the op unless you have an issue with that.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 13: Horstachio AKA Hudson
hudson.png

First Appearance: Viva Pinata (2006)
A pinata creature resembling that of a horse, who for some reason stands on two legs.

Viva Pinata started out as a TV show way before the game came out.
(Both came out in the same year, TV show in August, and game in November)

I imagine that he would mostly be bipedal but sometimes attacks with a quadruped stance with help from his pinata friends accompanying him.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
does Blue Dragon count? I know Microsoft put out the first game but then it got DS sequels so

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
does Blue Dragon count? I know Microsoft put out the first game but then it got DS sequels so
I would say yes, the 1st couple results on google do say Microsoft owns the ip similar to Blinx. Know Microsoft also put out Banjo GBA & Zoo Tycoon DS but had THQ publish which is why they were missing from the list.

Will leave nominees open one more day.

Job 14 - Developer Discussion 4

A couple more topics I thought should be addressed.

A - What should our sequel be called?

Xbox Legends: Frenemies

Idk, want to convey a few major additions to this sequel which would be assists & likely more modes getting online support (many being co-opish). Wanted a subtitle that conveyed an uneasy, temporary alliance & thats the best i thought of.

B - Should have probably addressed this before diving into our sequel but do you think our Arcade mode should have a Master Hand like boss. If so who & do you think it should remain consistent like Smash or change game to game?

I thought perhaps rotating through some obscure Microsoft Office assistants (other than Clippy) would be fun. Gargos or Eyedol from Killer Instinct was another idea i had i thought id mention.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #014:
A: I'd like to suggest Xbox Legends 360, mostly just because I think it'd be more natural than Xbox Legends for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, plus 360 is a cool number anyway

B: I think it could work! Though, as for which ones, I think it might be a good idea to start with one boss for the first game but a include a couple more over time as the series continues. There's a lot you could consider over time, but as for the first game... I'd like to propose Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, given his connections to the Xbox brand during its formulative years and also the fact that it'd be pretty funny for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to be a boss in a game where he fights Blinx. That aside, a wrestling-based moveset could be fun to go up against too. Maybe he'd have a few command grabs.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Fighter Nominees

Marcus Fenix (Qwerty UIOP)
Jetman (KneeOfJustice99)
Horstachio/Hudson (Mamboo007)
Kameo (Northsouthmap)
A Blue Dragon Rep (darkvortex)

Vote for your Top 4, yours 2nd or lower, Top 4 overall join the roster.

1 Marcus Fenix
2 Kameo
3 Hudson
4 Avatar

Title Nominees

Xbox Legends 2 (default)
Xbox Legends 360 (KneeOfJustice99)
Xbox Legends Live (Northsouthmap)
Xbox Legends Frenemies (nirvanafan)

Vote for your top 2, winner overall will be our title.

1 360
2 Live

Before we vote for our Boss I think we need to address potential 4th party content as I know that is big topic. Personally i think we should avoid roster spots but i think stages, assists, bosses, etc. being open to it could be an interesting compromise (imagine how mind blowing it would be to play arcade mode blindly & see KneeOfJustice99's idea of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as your final opponent). Will add a poll but feel free to share other thoughts & ideas.

In the meantime more Boss ideas are welcome.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Fighter Nominees
  1. Marcus Fenix (Obviously. Gears of War was one of the best-selling games on the 360, was 2006's biggest game full-stop, and set off a long-running series - so this makes sense. Plus, Marcus's moveset would be more than unique enough compared to Master Chief's, considering the Gears series' focus on cover shooting sections.)
  2. Avatar (A customisable character of some kind makes a lot of sense, and though the Mii is probably better-suited to this, I have to imagine the Avatar could work really well - especially if you get to use avatar costumes in this game too. Admittedly, I'm kind of curious as to how the Avatar would be handled - a customisable moveset could be pretty complex, but maybe being able to pick between a few specials would work well.)
  3. Kameo (Plenty of potential here as a character, plus a decent pick given she was in a 360 launch title despite her game's prolonged development cycle. Plus, the morphing concept could lend to someone with a fantastically unique flavour.)
  4. A Blue Dragon character (I think this could be a pretty good inclusion, given there's decent potential for the series' mechanics to be represented in an interesting way in a fighting game. Plus, it's a pretty unique - if somewhat lesser-known - game for the 360 that, honestly, wouldn't be too bad to include here.)
I will give an honourable mention to the submission of Hudson though, he'd be a lot of fun.

Title Nominees
  1. Xbox Legends Live (Honestly, if this were the name, I think it'd be pretty clever - and I'd maybe suggest that the game's artstyle could perhaps have a more punk-rock look to it, coupled with a larger number of online features than the first game.)
  2. Xbox Legends 360 (Self-vote, but I think it's simple, functional, plays with the numbering scheme in a unique but obvious way, and is a pretty good way to indicate the evolution of the game and hardware over time.)
Discussion Round
I'm honestly inclined to agree - inclusions not originating from video games shouldn't be this massive chunk of the experience, but given the Xbox brand's tendency to involve real-world things anyway, it'd make a lot of sense. Plus, as nirvanafan pointed out, it would be a pretty mind-blowing experience to get to the end of Arcade Mode only to hear "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?" and go up against Dwayne Johnson in a battle. That being said, though I wouldn't want to overdo it... having at least one fourth-party inclusion in the playable roster later down the line in the series could be a lot of fun, and give this game a really unique feel compared to its contemporaries (ie, PSASBR or Brawl), so long as it's someone pretty obvious who'd make a lot of sense, and isn't there just for the sake of being "the fourth-party character".

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results (Top 4 join the roster)

1Marcus Fenix23
2Kameo12
3Avatar9
4Horstachio/Hudson7

5Jetman 5
6Blue Dragon Rep3

Title Results (Winner is our Sequel Title)
1 360 11
2 Live 7
HM 2 & Frenemies

Our poll for 4th party content currently has 7 votes over half (4) of which are not in favor of 4th party content. The poll has no expiration & you can change your votes so I will keep an eye on it & see if things change in the future but for now 4th party content is not eligible.

This unfortunately means Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is not eligible as a boss fight. With this rule change I will give 1 more day for boss nominees.

Job 15 - Nominate a fighter from a Series already on the roster. Not a requirement but could be good opportunity to add more villain and/or female reps.

Eligible Series
Halo
Blinx
Fable
Banjo Kazooie
Brute Force
Conker
Perfect Dark
Battletoads
Age of (Empires)
Ninja Gaiden / Dead or Alive
Splinter Cell
Oddworld
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Gears of War
Kameo
Viva Pinata

Ayane (Ninja Gaiden / Dead or Alive)

To represent the Dead or Alive side of Hayabusa's legacy. She also makes appearances in both released Ninja Gaiden games (later becoming playable in re-releases). Where Kasumi is the protag of DoA, Ayane is seemingly more well integrated into both series (plus i think she has a cooler design). Also DoA 4 had a playable Halo Spartan which i think is kind of an interesting fact.

Also on a side note does anyone have any character job suggestions? Thought about a Xbox Live Arcade job but felt like several major characters (Meat Boy & Splosion Man in particular) came out too late (at least for base roster).

Last edited:
Top Bottom