• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sigma Busters (Name Pending): Official Discussion Thread

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I understand that, I just felt her current side hyper is a bit outdated in comparison to the rest of her solid kit, so I felt updating it would be a good idea, that was just an idea I had.
When I finish the individual move sketches, you'll be able to actually see what I have in mind for it. I'll try to explain in writing for now though.

The way I imagine Pyro Pumpkin, she lobs one in an arc, more or less in similar fashion to one of Link's bombs, but again, with more of an arc to them. It'd function is as an explosive projectile, useful for both zoning and setups.

Pumpkin Patch is a close-range burst option. It has a good radius, but the pumpkins detonate almost as soon as they're thrown out. You basically use it as an anti-air read or to wall out opponents at the ledge and force a low recovery.

The closest comparison I can make is to Botan in Idol Showdown if your familiar with it. she can lob or roll her grenades for the regular move and the EX is an almost point-blank explosion just above her and directly in front of her.

I can't really find any gifs of it, but I can show you via her sprites for throwing them.

O---------- lob ---------------->
1716001480630.png
> Grenade lands and explodes<

EXPLOSIONS

EXPLOSIONS
1716001654887.png

EDIT: Smashboards messed up the placement of things once I hit post, so I guess it'll have to wait til I draw it myself. One of the explosions should be in front of her at eye level. The landing point of the grenade in the top image is supposed to farther out.

I forgot to address your previous question of Aremi's physics/feel. Overall, given her role as the face of the game and gradual evolution into more of an all-rounder, I think finding some sort of middle ground between Mario and Ness would work, maybe leaning more towards Ness. Otherwise, Levi already has the Fox part covered though also being a sort of merging of both Marth and Fox.

As for the head throwing overall, I'll give the rework another look-over as I said, but I don't think adding too much of it is well suited to the direction her moveset has taken. I do have a potential proposal for a more "head" focused kit, but it's not so much for Aremi as it is pulling an old oc idea out of retirement. It's also a very technical stage control/set play kit, so I don't know if it's better left alone.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
When I finish the individual move sketches, you'll be able to actually see what I have in mind for it. I'll try to explain in writing for now though.

The way I imagine Pyro Pumpkin, she lobs one in an arc, more or less in similar fashion to one of Link's bombs, but again, with more of an arc to them. It'd function is as an explosive projectile, useful for both zoning and setups.

Pumpkin Patch is a close-range burst option. It has a good radius, but the pumpkins detonate almost as soon as they're thrown out. You basically use it as an anti-air read or to wall out opponents at the ledge and force a low recovery.

The closest comparison I can make is to Botan in Idol Showdown if your familiar with it. she can lob or roll her grenades for the regular move and the EX is an almost point-blank explosion just above her and directly in front of her.

I can't really find any gifs of it, but I can show you via her sprites for throwing them.

O---------- lob ---------------->
View attachment 389545 > Grenade lands and explodes<

EXPLOSIONS

EXPLOSIONS
View attachment 389546

EDIT: Smashboards messed up the placement of things once I hit post, so I guess it'll have to wait til I draw it myself. One of the explosions should be in front of her at eye level.

I forgot to address your previous question of Aremi's physics/feel. Overall, given her role as the face of the game and gradual evolution into more of an all-rounder, I think finding some sort of middle ground between Mario and Ness would work, maybe leaning more towards Ness. Otherwise, Levi already has the Fox part covered though also being a sort of merging of both Marth and Fox.

As for the head throwing overall, I'll give the rework another look-over as I said, but I don't think adding too much of it is well suited to the direction her moveset has taken. I do have a potential proposal for a more "head" focused kit, but it's not so much for Aremi as it is pulling an old oc idea out of retirement. It's also a very technical stage control/set play kit, so I don't know if it's better left alone.
I feel the head stuff is good the way it is, again the issue was that I just felt the Side Hyper was outdated compared to the current kit, but now that you have ideas I am more open to keeping it. The head stuff was just an idea.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Update on life, doing well, optimized some code to make character making easier, now I am trying to make it so that my character select menu will let me play as the character I chosen.

How about you, hows the reworks going Kirbeh Kirbeh .

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Been moving a lot of boxes this week, so I havn't been able to work on the game this week, hopefully I'll get back to it next week. How's your status on your reworks Kirbeh Kirbeh .

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
DEV UPDATE

Dev Goals

I have a set priority I want to have, the development of a fully functional character select menu. The goal is to create a character select menu that both allow the player to spawn as their selected character instead of playing as pre-placed characters and makes sure each player spawns in their correct spawn positions on each stage. I plan on developing that before I fully develop playable characters, as what is the point of making them if you can't play as them properlly. For now i'll use placeholder assests, though they will be replaced with character portraits when the time comes.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Been moving a lot of boxes this week, so I havn't been able to work on the game this week, hopefully I'll get back to it next week. How's your status on your reworks Kirbeh Kirbeh .
Almost done with LAMBDA's but generally slow once again as I've got a few irl things keeping me busy for the last week of May.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I've been going back and forth on EPSILON's direction a lot. I sketched up another concept that tries to combine all the previous iterations while once again going for a sort of KR/PR aesthetic combined with Mega Man.

epv.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I've been going back and forth on EPSILON's direction a lot. I sketched up another concept that tries to combine all the previous iterations while once again going for a sort of KR/PR aesthetic combined with Mega Man.

NGL, I feel like this is the best design, since it feels the most visually cohesive. I feel with some further polish it would be a nice contrast with LAMBDA, the former being a big robotic monstrocity, and the latter a faster, but frailer fighter. We don't really have someone in the ilk of Captain Falcon or ZSS yet, and I feel EPSILON can fit that iconic archetype.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
NGL, I feel like this is the best design, since it feels the most visually cohesive. I feel with some further polish it would be a nice contrast with LAMBDA, the former being a big robotic monstrocity, and the latter a faster, but frailer fighter. We don't really have someone in the ilk of Captain Falcon or ZSS yet, and I feel EPSILON can fit that iconic archetype.
Part of that was the intent really. I looked back to the original concept of being fast but frail, a bit like a more balanced take on Weevle in a sense with a bigger focus on high-speed combos and lacking the grappler elements of course. The Falcon/Kamen/Power Ranger/X aesthetic is also in part to a story adjustment if you're willing to make the change. The idea here is that one of the Double Sigma's cores was recovered by the government who then used it to create EPSILON as a sort of countermeasure.

The designers modeling Ep into a sort of "hero" inspired android. Ep gets deployed to be used in law enforcment and other operations where their performance ends up measuring up to the heroic design. They're a figure of justice to the public, but has some conflicts of interest behind the scenes. Ep has some autonomy and their own personality but will nevertheless loyally follow whatever orders they are given. Part of their arc would in this case revolve around relying more on their own autonomy and rejecting their programmed protocol to uphold what they believe is right.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Part of that was the intent really. I looked back to the original concept of being fast but frail, a bit like a more balanced take on Weevle in a sense with a bigger focus on high-speed combos and lacking the grappler elements of course. The Falcon/Kamen/Power Ranger/X aesthetic is also in part to a story adjustment if you're willing to make the change. The idea here is that one of the Double Sigma's cores was recovered by the government who then used it to create EPSILON as a sort of countermeasure.

The designers modeling Ep into a sort of "hero" inspired android. Ep gets deployed to be used in law enforcment and other operations where their performance ends up measuring up to the heroic design. They're a figure of justice to the public, but has some conflicts of interest behind the scenes. Ep has some autonomy and their own personality but will nevertheless loyally follow whatever orders they are given. Part of their arc would in this case revolve around relying more on their own autonomy and rejecting their programmed protocol to uphold what they believe is right.
I see, good ideas all around. I feel you have a solid design worth using.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Unfortunate news, internet disconnected, so I can't work on the game at the moment, I'll try to work the best I can

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
While the internet is out, I am still interested in any rework updates, how those are going

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
While the internet is out, I am still interested in any rework updates, how those are going
I did say I'm kind of strapped for time right now, so still slow. Things haven't changed just a day later.

Putting those aside for a moment though, I did want to run something else by you.

Without assigning any actual visual design/theming to them yet, what do think of these stage layouts?

Dev Designation: Not Smashville

A basic stage with a moving platform based on Smashville. Unlike Smashville however, the platform will move back and forth along the length of the stage and stop at it's edges. It won't travel across the whole screen allowing for blast zone shenanigans like the Smash versions of Smashville/Town and City.

stg1notsmashville.png
Dev Designation: Ferris Wheel

A long stage with two platforms that circle around the stage. This adds an additional option for recovering from below the stage without making it a camping spot as the platforms are constantly\tly moving and will eventually drop fighters as they move into the stage to reappear on the other side.

stg2ferriswheel.png
Dev Designation: Twin Pillars

This one's pretty simple too. Two smaller "main" stages as opposed to a complete central landform. This makes "center stage" more of a dangerous spot as you can be spiked into the pit in between the pillars. There are some additional platforms atop each to add some more places to stand/land.

stg3twinpillars.png
Dev Designation: Inverted Battlefield

As the (work in progress) name suggests, this one's supposed to be a sort of inverted take on the classic Battlefield layout. Sort of.

The platforms are inverted, with the middle platform being the lowest and overall they're a bit more spead apart. (As a quick note: I was copy/pasting the Aremi image and forgot to scale her properly for this one, she should be a bit larger to represent the scale.)

The other key difference is that the main stage extends to the bottom allowing for wall jumps.

stg4invertedbattlefield.png
Dev Designation: Combat Ring

The layout for this one is largely based on Pokémon Stadium and Small Battlefield but with a little twist. Both ends of the stage have tall walls to keep fighters partially confined should they choose to fight on the main stage and center platforms.

There's enough room to stand on the walls to, but it's not a great position unless you're briefly jumping on to retreat and reposition yourself.

The other major stage feature is that these two walls are destructible. After receiving enough damage from direct attacks or fighters getting knocked into them, they'll eventually break, turning the "ring" into a more traditional competitive layout.

stg5combatring.png
Dev Designation: The Scattered Depths (potential for this to be the actual name maybe?)

This one wasn't designed for competitive play in mind, but honestly, it could maybe work as a counter pick all things considered.

There's a ceiling preventing KOs off the top, with the actual stage being comprised of just smaller floating platforms. Putting an emphasis on the platform part of platform fighters, the idea here is for precarious matches with plenty of places to stand, but technically no proper solid footing.

stg6scattereddepths.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I did say I'm kind of strapped for time right now, so still slow. Things haven't changed just a day later.

Putting those aside for a moment though, I did want to run something else by you.

Without assigning any actual visual design/theming to them yet, what do think of these stage layouts?

Dev Designation: Not Smashville

A basic stage with a moving platform based on Smashville. Unlike Smashville however, the platform will move back and forth along the length of the stage and stop at it's edges. It won't travel across the whole screen allowing for blast zone shenanigans like the Smash versions of Smashville/Town and City.

View attachment 389994
Dev Designation: Ferris Wheel

A long stage with two platforms that circle around the stage. This adds an additional option for recovering from below the stage without making it a camping spot as the platforms are constantly\tly moving and will eventually drop fighters as they move into the stage to reappear on the other side.

View attachment 389995
Dev Designation: Twin Pillars

This one's pretty simple too. Two smaller "main" stages as opposed to a complete central landform. This makes "center stage" more of a dangerous spot as you can be spiked into the pit in between the pillars. There are some additional platforms atop each to add some more places to stand/land.

View attachment 389996
Dev Designation: Inverted Battlefield

As the (work in progress) name suggests, this one's supposed to be a sort of inverted take on the classic Battlefield layout. Sort of.

The platforms are inverted, with the middle platform being the lowest and overall they're a bit more spead apart. (As a quick note: I was copy/pasting the Aremi image and forgot to scale her properly for this one, she should be a bit larger to represent the scale.)

The other key difference is that the main stage extends to the bottom allowing for wall jumps.

View attachment 389997
Dev Designation: Combat Ring

The layout for this one is largely based on Pokémon Stadium and Small Battlefield but with a little twist. Both ends of the stage have tall walls to keep fighters partially confined should they choose to fight on the main stage and center platforms.

There's enough room to stand on the walls to, but it's not a great position unless you're briefly jumping on to retreat and reposition yourself.

The other major stage feature is that these two walls are destructible. After receiving enough damage from direct attacks or fighters getting knocked into them, they'll eventually break, turning the "ring" into a more traditional competitive layout.

View attachment 389998
Dev Designation: The Scattered Depths (potential for this to be the actual name maybe?)

This one wasn't designed for competitive play in mind, but honestly, it could maybe work as a counter pick all things considered.

There's a ceiling preventing KOs off the top, with the actual stage being comprised of just smaller floating platforms. Putting an emphasis on the platform part of platform fighters, the idea here is for precarious matches with plenty of places to stand, but technically no proper solid footing.

View attachment 389999
All stage ideas are cool, though Combat Ring I'm a bit iffy on, though if we're including hazard and hazard-less versions of each stage I could just remove the walls in the hazardless layout.

Also I have the sudden urge to conceptualize an electricity themed fighter, everyone likes electric themed characters and they offer some cool moveset possibility. My idea was my take on the "Girl Genius" type of character mixed with the likes of Frankenstein. She is also inspired by other Mad Scientist esc characters, most notably Neo Cortex, Dr Zomboss, and Dr Fetus. Her main moveset consists of teslas she implanted herself on her shoulders that scatter magnetic nodes, and she controls these nodes as stage control. While not explicitly reanimated, her species consists of zombie-like creatures that lack major nerves, meaning she can't feel most pain and she can survive injuries that can kill most creatures, often just becoming a pile of mobile limbs to put back together. Don't know how to evolve this concept but I'll try to expand it tomorrow. Any ideas?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
All stage ideas are cool, though Combat Ring I'm a bit iffy on, though if we're including hazard and hazard-less versions of each stage I could just remove the walls in the hazardless layout.
While I can understand the concern, they're intended to be designed for use in competitive play too. At least the hope is that players will test it out and decide afterward. The walls are kept on the smaller end so as not to be super intrusive to the flow of the match. Though again, I think a proper verdict will have to come from players in the end.

Overall, I'm trying to think of interesting stages layouts and potential stage elements that aren't obtrusive like a lot of Smash hazards/gimmicks. Stage variety in actual competitive Smash is very lacking so I'd like to have more than just exact copies of the expected layouts. Some light gimmicks I think are still fine, like Randall in Melee, etc.

Also I have the sudden urge to conceptualize an electricity themed fighter, everyone likes electric themed characters and they offer some cool moveset possibility. My idea was my take on the "Girl Genius" type of character mixed with the likes of Frankenstein. She is also inspired by other Mad Scientist esc characters, most notably Neo Cortex, Dr Zomboss, and Dr Fetus. Her main moveset consists of teslas she implanted herself on her shoulders that scatter magnetic nodes, and she controls these nodes as stage control. While not explicitly reanimated, her species consists of zombie-like creatures that lack major nerves, meaning she can't feel most pain and she can survive injuries that can kill most creatures, often just becoming a pile of mobile limbs to put back together. Don't know how to evolve this concept but I'll try to expand it tomorrow. Any ideas?
I thought EPSILON was supposed to be the electricity/plasma-based fighter?

1716689817364.png

Well, not like we can't have more than one.

As for the zombie/mad scientist combo, we really do have a lot of overlap in ideas it seems. Though in opposite directions as far as execution goes.

old oc
Just one of a few zombie/homunculus girl concepts i made a while back, this one is named Fran. (Very on the nose, but I thought it worked.)
fran.png

If that's a concept you want to go forward with, I think I can come up with something. Zombie/Frankenstein's monster style characters are an archetype I like a lot so I'm already thinking of a couple directions we could try for the actual appearance and a couple gameplay ideas.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
While I can understand the concern, they're intended to be designed for use in competitive play too. At least the hope is that players will test it out and decide afterward. The walls are kept on the smaller end so as not to be super intrusive to the flow of the match. Though again, I think a proper verdict will have to come from players in the end.

Overall, I'm trying to think of interesting stages layouts and potential stage elements that aren't obtrusive like a lot of Smash hazards/gimmicks. Stage variety in actual competitive Smash is very lacking so I'd like to have more than just exact copies of the expected layouts. Some light gimmicks I think are still fine, like Randall in Melee, etc.

I thought EPSILON was supposed to be the electricity/plasma-based fighter?

View attachment 390004

Well, not like we can't have more than one.

As for the zombie/mad scientist combo, we really do have a lot of overlap in ideas it seems. Though in opposite directions as far as execution goes.

old oc
Just one of a few zombie/homunculus girl concepts i made a while back, this one is named Fran. (Very on the nose, but I thought it worked.)
View attachment 390005

If that's a concept you want to go forward with, I think I can come up with something. Zombie/Frankenstein's monster style characters are an archetype I like a lot so I'm already thinking of a couple directions we could try for the actual appearance and a couple gameplay ideas.
EPSILON is more related to plasma while this concept is more in line with standard electricity.

The build I have in mind is the likes of Neo Cortex, Zomboss, and such. The design was going to have a small/petite body, contrasting with a big head, in this case she could have some sort of generator in her head to keep her running 24/7 without the need for sleep, and her constant motions power the tesla coils on her back via kinetic energy, which then powers the generator in her head, a perpetual energy source if you will. This also seeps into her gimmick, where constant movement charges her with electricity, powering up her special moves, think Kirby's Plasma ability. I don't know if this concept is toxic inatly, but that is what I have in mind at the moment. She attacks with literal finger guns that shoot lightning, she has an EMP Counterattack that can stun her opponents, and can manipulate the electrons around her to make a net of electrical nodes.

BTW do you have an Instagram I can follow, your art is good and I want to follow you.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
EPSILON is more related to plasma while this concept is more in line with standard electricity.

The build I have in mind is the likes of Neo Cortex, Zomboss, and such. The design was going to have a small/petite body, contrasting with a big head, in this case she could have some sort of generator in her head to keep her running 24/7 without the need for sleep, and her constant motions power the tesla coils on her back via kinetic energy, which then powers the generator in her head, a perpetual energy source if you will. This also seeps into her gimmick, where constant movement charges her with electricity, powering up her special moves, think Kirby's Plasma ability. I don't know if this concept is toxic inatly, but that is what I have in mind at the moment. She attacks with literal finger guns that shoot lightning, she has an EMP Counterattack that can stun her opponents, and can manipulate the electrons around her to make a net of electrical nodes.

BTW do you have an Instagram I can follow, your art is good and I want to follow you.
I'll see what I can do for that sort of design.

And no, I don't have an IG/X/etc.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Also I planned on naming this character Kalin, based off the Akaline group of metals from the periodic table, her species come from a planet housing the only Akaline-based lifeforms in the known galaxy called the Lithinites, which due to how reactive those metals are basically give them electricity for blood, basically a race of biorganic lifeforms.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Also I planned on naming this character Kalin, based off the Akaline group of metals from the periodic table, her species come from a planet housing the only Akaline-based lifeforms in the known galaxy called the Lithinites, which due to how reactive those metals are basically give them electricity for blood, basically a race of biorganic lifeforms.
That's not how that works or what that means but I sort of get what you're going for.

Anyway, here's a quick, rough concept sketch.
zomgirl.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
That's not how that works or what that means but I sort of get what you're going for.

Anyway, here's a quick, rough concept sketch.
View attachment 390008
Has perfect "gremlin energy" she would be a cool addition to the roster post release.

Any ill talk tomorrow, any idea you want to give now please tell me and I'll read later.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Has perfect "gremlin energy" she would be a cool addition to the roster post release.

Any ill talk tomorrow, any idea you want to give now please tell me and I'll read later.
I'm going to turn in for the night soon too, so I'll type/draw some more stuff to post at another time.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Kalin (kah-leen)

BIO

Species: Lithinite

Named for their association with lithium, which they harvest. Lithinites themselves are also capable of safely consuming lithium and other chemical elements which their bodies process into electricity.

Lithinites are a species known for their longevity, but as part of that, their physical growth tends to be on the slower end. Even after reaching adulthood, it can take several years for Lithinites to gain more height. Over the course of decades however they can grow to be quite tall with elders often being mistaken for a completely different species by those unfamiliar with Lithinites.

Another odd trait of their bodies is partial numbness to most forms of pain, with this often being attributed to their bodies growing accustomed to running high voltages of electricity. Even stranger is the loss of limbs, as over time their bodies seemingly fall apart. This is usually no issue to them given their high tolerance for pain, fast healing bodies and technological advances allowing them to reattach limbs quite easily. This however does lead to most Lithinites having one or more scars and suture-like patterns where limbs were lost and replaced.

Note: Yes, they're space goblins. (Combined with dwarves and a few other things.)

Homeworld: Alkalinos

A verdant and mountainous planet home to many precious metals and minerals among other resources. Thanks to those resources the planet's primary businesses are mining and R&D for all sorts of technology.

Background: Kalin is a peculiar Lithinite with genius intellect but a very strange personality according to those who know her. Many jokingly say that her high intelligence was the tradeoff for being quite short, even for Lithinite standards. Despite being an adult, she's yet to have gained any significant height for several years. And despite her intelligence, her maturity seems to have taken a hit too. She can be a bit childish and due to her reclusive nature finds further difficulty in communicating with others.

Raised by and still living with her grandfather, she spends her time tinkering away on gadgets and other tools. These include equipment such as her mechanical, prosthetic right arm which she made with the help of her grandfather to replace her original arm which she lost in both senses of the word. The limb fell off but at an especially inopportune time as they were exploring a mine at which point it fell into the darkness and they were unable to find it.

Smart, eccentric and socially awkward (and at times even manic), Kalin is looking to prove herself a capable inventor and push past the stigma of being a "mad scientist" shut in who missed her growth spurt. When news of the Double Sigma reaches Alkalinos, she sets out to salvage technology from the ship for her own use and finally (attempt to) abandon her reclusive nature.

GAMEPLAY: In Progress (but it's 3am so I'll finish at a later date)

Edit: 4am now actually, forgive the sloppy writing, I'm half asleep and already was sleep deprived

kalin5.png

kalin3.png

kalin4.png

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Kalin (kah-leen)

BIO

Species: Lithinite

Named for their association with lithium, which they harvest. Lithinites themselves are also capable of safely consuming lithium and other chemical elements which their bodies process into electricity.

Lithinites are a species known for their longevity, but as part of that, their physical growth tends to be on the slower end. Even after reaching adulthood, it can take several years for Lithinites to gain more height. Over the course of decades however they can grow to be quite tall with elders often being mistaken for a completely different species by those unfamiliar with Lithinites.

Another odd trait of their bodies is partial numbness to most forms of pain, with this often being attributed to their bodies growing accustomed to running high voltages of electricity. Even stranger is the loss of limbs, as over time their bodies seemingly fall apart. This is usually no issue to them given their high tolerance for pain, fast healing bodies and technological advances allowing them to reattach limbs quite easily. This however does lead to most Lithinites having one or more scars and suture-like patterns where limbs were lost and replaced.

Note: Yes, they're space goblins. (Combined with dwarves and a few other things.)

Homeworld: Alkalinos

A verdant and mountainous planet home to many precious metals and minerals among other resources. Thanks to those resources the planet's primary businesses are mining and R&D for all sorts of technology.

Background: Kalin is a peculiar Lithinite with genius intellect but a very strange personality according to those who know her. Many jokingly say that her high intelligence was the tradeoff for being quite short, even for Lithinite standards. Despite being an adult, she's yet to have gained any significant height for several years. And despite her intelligence, her maturity seems to have taken a hit too. She can be a bit childish and due to her reclusive nature finds further difficulty in communicating with others.

Raised by and still living with her grandfather, she spends her time tinkering away on gadgets and other tools. These include equipment such as her mechanical, prosthetic right arm which she made with the help of her grandfather to replace her original arm which she lost in both senses of the word. The limb fell off but at an especially inopportune time as they were exploring a mine at which point it fell into the darkness and they were unable to find it.

Smart, eccentric and socially awkward (and at times even manic), Kalin is looking to prove herself a capable inventor and push past the stigma of being a "mad scientist" shut in who missed her growth spurt. When news of the Double Sigma reaches Alkalinos, she sets out to salvage technology from the ship for her own use and finally (attempt to) abandon her reclusive nature.

GAMEPLAY: In Progress (but it's 3am so I'll finish at a later date)

Edit: 4am now actually, forgive the sloppy writing, I'm half asleep and already was sleep deprived

View attachment 390010
View attachment 390011
View attachment 390012
I like what you have so far, can't wait to see the moveset, I'll even post my own later down the line and we can see which one is best.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
So my idea for her gimmick is her "Static Meter", basically she builds up static electricty by raipdily moving around, each sudden movement giving 1 point to the meter, she can build up a lot by dash dancing or crouch spamming, she can also build her Static Meter by succefully using her counterattack down special. Getting hit however makes her lose 10 points, so it's a very risky mechanic to use. The Static Meter, when it reaches certain thresholds, powers up her neutral special, with the highest level being her best KO move, which is good since a weakness of her is her other moves lack good KO moves. When using the Hyper Meter, you will go up the next level than the one your currently one, or gain a new move if your at max Static Meter. That is the list of my moveset concept, will expand it when I post my moveset concept.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Archetype - Zoner
Gimmick - Static Meter

• When Kalin is moving, or she successfully used her down special, Pulse Barrier, she builds up kinetic energy, this kinetic energy fills up a meter separate from the Hyper Meter called the Static Meter. The more she moves, the more she fills the Static Meter with points. The Static Meter fills up to 50 points.
  • When not moving, Kalin will lose 1 point a second in the Static Meter, as that potential energy gets lost. Additionally, when she gets hit, she will lose 5 points in the Static Meter.
  • Kalin can use the Static Meter to enhance her neutral special, Tesla Shot, making it more powerful. The logistics of such a process will be detailed in the moveset section.
  • Kalin normally has 2 jumps, like most characters in the game, however she can spend 10 points in the Static Meter to gain a third, more floaty jump. Kalin can also glide by levitating in the air by pressing up while airborne, slowing her descent at the cost of doubling the consumption of her Static Meter.
Intended Strengths -
  • A character intended to have a high skill cap, she is capable of performing several complex maneuvers when you master her, giving her some of the best mobility in the game.
  • Tesla Shot is a powerful primary weapon for Kalin to have, transitioning from a solid method to rack up damage to a large kill move.
  • Unique movement options make her very slippery to hit.

Intended Weaknesses -
  • Since she needs to move to build the Static Meter, she can have some incredibly erratic movement at times, making her somewhat hard to control.
  • She lacks powerful kill options outside a charged Telsa Shot and a few other moves.
  • May be too complex to use properly.

Planned Stats: (Give a letter grade from E- to A+)
Walk Speed -
B-
Running Speed - B-
Traction - B+
Jump Height - B-
Air Acceleration - B+
Fall Speed - B-
Weight - B-

Ground Moves:
Jab -
Teslaglove - With her palm out, Kalin unloads a continuous jolt of electricity. In terms of raw power this is one of weakest jabs, but is also one of the quickest in the game.
Forward Tilt - Lightning Hook - Using her mechanical arm, Kalin socks the opponent with a forward hook, can spike grounded opponents.
Up Tilt - Neuron Bash - An upwards headbutt, with the nodes in her head dealing extra electrical damage.
Down Tilt - Electric Floor - Kneeling, Kalin charges the floor with electricity, in exchange for impressive range, this attack only attacks grounded opponents.
Back Tilt - Frayed Volts - Some stray bolts of electricity attacks the foe from behind, quite a quick move with some good knockback, making up for low raw damage.
Dash Attack - Electric Slide - Kalin performs a sliding kick (Ala Mega Man's slide) with her boot dealing the most damage due to being electrically charged.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Gigawatt Punch -
A charged punch performed with Kalin's mechanical arm, seething in blue lightning, a slow but powerful charge attack.
Up Charge - Brainblast - Kalin's nodes blast electricity upwards, only hitting foes above, luckily it is quite powerful.
Down Charge - Crackling Storm - A thunderbolt creates an electrical burst around Kalin to attack both sides.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Shock Field -
Kalin conjures an electric field around herself, making a short-ranged attack with good speed.
Forward Air - Tesla Orb - A short ranged electric projectile gets launched forward from her palm, giving Kalin a ranged aerial, a rarity among the cast.
Up Air - Head Rush - An upwards thrust using Kalin's head, using the coils to zap anyone that hits her head.
Down Air - Lightning Stomp - A downward kick gets performed, one that speeds up Kalin's descent (thought it is not a stall and fall), the boot is where the attack is the strongest at it can spike.
Back Air - Bolted Kick - A backwards kick, with lightning charged throughout, like the previous move the boot of the attack is the strongest.

Grabs:
Pummel - Zap Clasp -
Several electrical volts get charged into the opponent, damaging them.
Forward Throw - Arching Thunder - A strong over the shoulder swing that launches foes diagonally forward, a good kill throw.
Down Throw - Electron Press - Kalin uses electrically enhanced strength to bury the opponent, good to combo into her Electric Floor attack.
Back Throw - Power Pulse - Kalin propels the opponent backwards with an electric blast.
Up Throw - Thunderdriver - Kalin tosses the foe upwards before a lightning bolt crahses the foe back to the floor.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Tesla Shot
-
A unique projectile that is linked to the Static Meter:
  • Tesla Shot - Level 1 - At 20 units or lower, Kalin will shoot weak electrical shocks that function as weak but quick projectiles. These projectiles don't do any knockback but are great at racking up damage.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 2 - Between 20 and 40 units Kalin can dispense her Static Meter to shoot a powerful arrow of electricity. This arrow can pierces through walls and stuns opponents that get hit by the arrow.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 3 - Between 40 and 50 units, Kalin will shoot a spreadshot of electrical nodes, while not the strongest of her shots these nodes cover the most area, being launched in a cone.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 4 - A giant orb of lightning gets shot, and is among the strongest attacks in the game in terms of raw damage and knockback, it is Kalin's primary kill move. The main weaknesses of this attack is that it is slow and has short range.
  • Neutral Hyper - Tesla Shot + - If her Static Meter isn't filled, enhancing the move will upgrade her to the next level of the move (If Kalin has enough power to use a Level 3 Tesla Shot and uses some meter, she can shoot a Level 4 Tesla Shot.) If she has a maxed out Static Meter, Kalin can enhance it further by making the projectile fast and longer ranged.
Side Special - Kinetic Nodes - Kalin launches a trio of nodes in the air, she can then press the special button again to pause them in place and create an electrical net, each node linking to each other with electricity, good for setplay and zoning. The nodes are fragile and can be broken with a strong hit or two, so the main purpose is keeping foes away as Kalin tries to charge her Static Meter.
  • Side Hyper - Gigawatt Nodes - Kalin launches double the amount of nodes, but the same rules apply to the base attack.
Down Special - Pulse Barrier - A counterattack, Kalin creates an electric barrier around herself and anyone that hits it will be launched back and she will gain 10 points in her Static Meter. This attack is risky since it is very quick to put up, but has a long cooldown if it fails, which combined with her gimmick makes it very paying if it does fail.
  • Down Hyper - EMP - The field is bigger and is more safe to use, allowing Kalin to perform this attack much more effectively.
Up Special - Static Warp - A simple teleport, has good range and safety, but lacks any offensive pressure, also sends Kalin in freefall afterwards.
  • Up Hyper - Thunder Warp - Both the beginning and ending of the teleport has Kalin create an electric field, damaging foes in the process, however the warp has a shorter distance as a trade-off. Offers a more offensive take on a standard teleport.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Volt Net -
Kalin conjures 5 small electrical nodes that home into the nearest target, shocking them in the net they create.
Level 2 - Volt Crawler - A gaint orb comes down and splits into 4 other orbs, which then run along the ground as traps.
Level 3 - Volt Therapy - Kalin heals herself, the percentage she heals is dependant on the Static Meter, with her gaining 1% of her damage healed for every 2 points she has on the Static Meter, meaning her healing maxes out at 25%. This move drains all of her Static Meter in the process.

This is a rough idea I had for Kalin's kit, I feel like it needs work but this is the basic idea I want to put out for her. I even intergrated her original concept of using magnetic nodes to be a normal part of her kit. Her aerials, grabs, and Hypermax Attacks were more difficult to create however. My intentions Kirbeh Kirbeh is to create a unique zoner that relies on trying to move a lot in order to build up more powerful zoning options to make up for the fact that her normal attacks have trouble killing.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
DEV UPDATE
Currently I an working on a template for my characters to reference that houses functions such as basic movement and such.

I want to ask you Kirbeh Kirbeh a question, how do you expect a character in a platform fighter to walk, dash, and run, more specifically how they transition between these 3 states. This is important as that is something I really want to get right, jumping is easy enough, but ground movement is something that can just feel off if not designed correctly. I want my big OCD brain to create something that feels smooth.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Sorry that I haven't replied. I've had to work extra hours these past couple days to cover gaps in scheduling. That includes the next day or two so don't expect to hear from me til like Thursday evening? Just wanted to pop in the thread while on break to let you know.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Sorry that I haven't replied. I've had to work extra hours these past couple days to cover gaps in scheduling. That includes the next day or two so don't expect to hear from me til like Thursday evening? Just wanted to pop in the thread while on break to let you know.
That's cool, just tell me what you think of Kalin's kit when you get the chance.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Rework Progress

Fighter #5 Wynnie

GAMEPLAY

Archetype – All Rounder/Pressure

Strengths
  • High damage output
  • High weight for a character her size allows her to survive for quite a while
  • Low traction allows for long wave dashes and tricky movement
Weaknesses
  • Very short combo routes
  • Low traction requires more precision to control her reliably
  • Most of her strongest moves have fairly high end lag

STATS (Graded from a lowest of E- to A+ at the highest)

Walk Speed - C
Run Speed - B+
Traction - E
Jump - B
Air Acceleration - C+
Fall Speed - B
Weight - A-

MOVELIST

Ground Attacks

Neutral Attack: Flamehilt - A one-two attack comprised of a short kick, followed by a jab using her ax's hilt.

Forward Tilt: Woodcutter - A sideways chopping attack with some force, like a lumberjack chops a tree, the middle of the attack deals the most damage.

Up Tilt: Eruption – An ax kick/stomp with some noticeable wind up. While a bit on the slower side for startup, the fiery stomp will “erupt” launching opponents into the air for follow ups like her Up Air, etc.

Down Tilt: Burning Trail - Wynnie slides forward along the ground. Fast, with a low profile for ducking under projectiles. She also leaves a trail of fire that can deal additional damage but it goes out after a brief moment. Alternatively, the trail can just be an aesthetic of the attack.

Back Tilt: Back Slice – Wynnie leans forward to attack, but slashes behind herself. Quick and useful for feints in addition to attacking those coming from the rear.

Dash Attack: Crashing Burn – Wynnie trips while running but improvises a forward rolling attack (while wreathed in flames) to stick the landing. Good damage and knockback but high end lag.

Charge Attacks

Side Charge - Flare Impact -
Wynnie leans back and readies her ax before throwing her arms forward and delivering a strong downward swing, flames erupting from the impact. Her strongest charge attack.

Up Charge – Wild Fire - Wynnie swings her ax upward in a fast but hard hitting arc over her head.

Down Charge – Burnout Blaze – Wynnie drags her ax along the ground as she quickly spins around in a circle, leaving a trail of fire around her.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Air: Solar Eclipse –
Wynnie spins in the air, striking with both her ax and horns.

Forward Air: Swift Ax - Wynnie's quickest aerial, where Wynnie quickly slashes forward, making it good to set up into small combos.

Up Air: Sunrise - An upwards bash used for juggling opponents, with some fire trailing behind the swing.

Down Air: Sunset - Winding up for a powerful slam with her ax, Wynnie brings it down hard to spike opponents.

Back Air: Smelting Blow – Wynnie swings her ax back, coated in flames. A fast and strong aerial for closing out stocks.

Throws

Grab: Standard – When holding opponents, Wynnie will lodge her ax into the ground at her side.

Pummel: Knee Jab -
Wynnie attacks the opponent with her knee, among the faster pummels in the game.

Forward Throw: Dragon Bomb – Wynnie lifts the opponent and jumps forward a bit, slamming the opponent into the ground.

Down Throw – Dragon Drop – Wynnie slams the opponent down and performs a ground pound.

Back Throw – Dragon Suplex - Wynnie lifts the opponent and falls backward, slamming and bouncing them off the ground behind her.

Up Throw - Upper Cut - A combo throw where Wynnie tosses the opponent up and then hits them higher with a swing of her ax.

Special Attacks

Neutral Special - Salamander -
Wynnie creates a flame projectile that travels along the ground a set distance. In the air, it will fired diagonally downward. If the air versions make contact with the ground before becoming inactive it will continue the rest of its distance like the grounded version.

Neutral Hyper: Crawling Dragon - The attack is stronger, and it also leaves behind a fire trail that acts as a lingering hazard for foes to avoid.

Side Special: Flameburst - Wynnie produces an explosive flame to propel herself into the air at a diagonal angle. The initial explosion has good power, but it's the aerial attack that deals the most damage if it lands. High end-lag if it misses.

Side Hyper: Flameblast – Wynnie is propelled further and flies much faster, with both the initial explosion and aerial hit dealing extra damage.

Up Special: Rising Heat – A leaping slash, that has Wynnie rise straight up with her ax enveloped by flames.

Up Hyper: Rising Dragon – This version goes much higher and grants Wynnie light armor along with increased power.

Down Special: Emberglow - A standard counter-attack. Wynnie strikes a defensive pose, and when attacked, she counters at 1.4x the the power of the opponent's attack.
Down Hyper: Heat Wave - The counter now deals 1.7x the damage and sends out a wave of fire that deals damage in a straight path.

HYPERMAX MOVES

Level 1: Scorching Star – Wynnie raises her ax above her head and begins to spin it rapidly as flames begin to gather and swirl around it. She then swings it forward, sending the flames flying forward in the form of a spiraling disk.

Level 2: Magma Line –
Wynnie raises her ax up high and plunges it downward, unleashing a chain of eruptions along the ground.

Level 3 - The Burning Wyvern – Wynnie conjures a dragon made of fire that flies straight up, carrying opponents with it. It then changes shape, transforming into a massive ball of fire that then envelops opponents before coming crashing back down to the stage in a fiery explosion.

Fighter #8 LAMBDA

GAMEPLAY

Archetype – Grappler/Bruiser

Strengths
  • Highest raw damage output among the cast
  • High weight and knockback resistance allows LAMBDA to survive longer than other characters
  • Good range on most attacks

Weaknesses
  • Among the slowest characters on the roster
  • Large body and high weight mean they're susceptible to being combo food
  • Non-damaging, slow up special

Walk Speed - E
Run Speed - C
Traction - A
Jump - B
Air Acceleration - C-
Fall Speed - A
Weight - A+

MOVELIST

Ground Attacks

Neutral Attack: Jet Palm – An open palm strike that can be followed up by a short stream of flames if you press the button again. (The flames are produced from LAM's palm as well.)

Forward Tilt: Dragon Fang – LAMBDA extends their neck forward to bite at opponents.

Back Tilt: Dragon Tail – Without turning around, LAM swings at opponents behind them using their tail.

Up Tilt: Dragon Missile – LAMBDA fires a missile from it's back. This move can be rapid fired for up to three to 3 missiles. The missiles fly in a parabola, launching a fairly high distance before making their descent. Can be used both as a straightforward anti-air on jump ins or as a means of stage control when fired from a distance.

(A bit of an unorthodox up tilt but I think it works as a good option for dealing with more air-oriented opponents given LAM's slower speed and focus on grounded combat. Plus, it gives him a fairly unique projectile option.

The inspiration here is, as you might have guessed, Dr. Doom's Hidden Missile move from Marvel vs Capcom, though the actual function is closer to the Roboco's Hi-Spec Missiles assist from Idol Showdown as they lack the tracking of Doom missiles.)

Down Tilt: Impact Hammer – LAMBA raises their clenched fist and slams it down in hammering motion. Useful for hitting opponents at the ledge and small characters who can low profile horizontal moves.

Dash Attack: Brake Dash – LAMBDA performs a spin while moving, tackling the opponent with their whole body. Unlike other dash attacks that bring you to a stop, LAMBDA can continue their dash in the opposite direction by holding back during the spin.

(The idea here was to reincorporate a little bit of the your originally Galleom inspired version of LAMBDA. LAM basically rams into opponents and swerves around like a vehicle trying to quickly make a turn.)

Charge Attacks

Side Charge: Rocket Punch – LAMBDA charges the engine in their arm and delivers a strong, rocket powered, straight punch.

Up Charge: Dragon Claw – LAMBDA performs a wide, overhead claw swipe.

Down Charge: Collision Compactor – LAMBDA faces the camera and brings their arms back before slamming their fists together. Opponents on either side of LAMBDA will get caught by the swing of their arms.

Aerial attacks

Neutral Air: Rotation – LAMBDA performs a 360 spin in the air, hitting with their arms. Useful for getting opponents off of LAMBDA. (Think DK Nair.)

Forward Air: Engine Drive – LAMBDA propels themselves forward using their engines, hitting opponents with their whole body. Can be used as a burst option for aerial movement for the otherwise heavy/sluggish LAMBDA. Can also be used to aid in recovery but it has high end lag overall.

Back Air: Engine Reverse – Similar to Engine Drive but moving LAMBDA backward instead.

Up Air: Dragon Head – LAMBDA uses thir long neck to swing their head in an arcing headbutt. The head does the most damage and knockback, but opponents can also be hurt by the spines along the back of LAMBA's neck.

Down Air: Crash Landing – A fast fall attack where LAMBDA uses their engines to quickly propel themselves downward. This move will knock opponents away in the air, but those caught below or directly underneath on the ground will take the most damage as LAMBDA lands.

Throws

Pummel: Shock Grip – LAMBA shocks the opponent while holding them.

Forward Throw: Rocket Launch – LAMBDA rears back and charges the engine in their arm. The opponent is then launched by a rocket powered throw. LAMBA's strongest normal throw and a great kill throw.

Back Throw: Airlock Release – LAMBDA turns around and swings their arm back, launching the opponent with great force. Their second strongest normal throw and a potential early KO move when used at the ledge.

Up Throw: Ejector Cannon – LAMBDA raises their arm, holding the opponent in their palm. The opponent is then fired straight up by launching them with a pulse of plasma.

Down Throw: Plasma Glare – Rather than actually throwing opponents, Plasma Glare is a setup/combo starting tool that shocks and paralyzes the opponent for a moment using plasma emitted by LAMBDA's third eye.

Special Moves

Neutral Special: Plasma Sphere – LAMBDA fires a slow-moving ball of plasma from its mouth. It stays out for quite some time, allowing it to travel a good distance, but only one can be out at a time. The ball is shot forward both on the ground and in the air, and will travel in a straight line for its duration. The plasma ball is fairly strong to make up for its slow speed.

Neutral Hyper: Plasma Vortex – LAMBDA now produces a stationary ball of plasma that pulls opponents and objects in within a certain range. Enemy projectiles are destroyed when drawn in and opponents caught in it will be dealt a strong multi-hit that pops them up after. It stays on stage for the same duration as Plasma Sphere or until an opponent makes contact.

Side Special: Dragon Buster – A command grab where LAMBA will reach out with a downward claw swipe to try and grab opponents. If successful he leaps into the air with the opponent, flipping forward and falling back down to deliver a spinning pile driver. (Izuna Drop style, NOT like Zangief's)

Side Hyper: Burning Dragon Buster – Similar to the regular Dragon Buster, but the move now has light armor on start-up and delivers a fiery impact, being able to deal splash damage to other opponents who get too close.

Up Special: Engine Blaze – LAMBA engages their engines to hover and briefly give themselves the ability to fly around freely albeit slowly. LAMBDA will remain airborne for as long as they have fuel, though this drains fairly quickly. Fuel will be restored upon touching the ground again.

Up Hyper: Afterburner – Rather than being an enhanced move, Afterburner will “burn” meter to add fuel for Engine Blaze mid-flight.

Down Special: Hard Light Barrier – LAMBDA creates a barrier around themselves that can be used to reflect projectiles and damage opponents who touch it as it activates. While only the initial activation will deal damage, you can keep the button held down to continue reflecting projectiles and even block many physical attacks. Particularly strong attacks will shatter the barrier however (watch out during LAMBDA dittos!)

Down Hyper: Shining Force – This version cannot be held down for continuous effect but has an extended range, higher damage on activation and reflects projectiles back at 1.5x the power.

HYPERMAX MOVES

Level 1: Pyronite Beam – LAMBDA concentrates some of the Pyronite fueling their body into their mouth and fires it off in a blazing beam. (Combines the classic beam super with the classic fire breath of dragons for a spin that works for a robot alien dragon thing like LAMBDA.)

Level 2: Pyronite Armor – LAMBDA creates an energy field around their body using Pyronite. While active this increases their defenses even further, reducing the damage they take while also making their entire body a means of dealing damage. The heat from the Pyronite coating will damage opponents for simply standing too close to LAMBDA though it does not cause any flinching or knockback. This in turn means all of LAMBDA's moves will deal a little extra damage too.

Level 3: Black Luster Dragon – A command grab super. LAMBA will grab opponents and fly forward while spinning, traveling like a drill as they drag the opponent along the stage a short distance. Afterward, LAMBA will take them into the air, flying even higher than when using Dragon Buster, and begin spinning again as they plummet back down with the opponent, dealing a multi hit drilling pile driver which ends in an explosive burst of fire.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Rework Progress

Fighter #5 Wynnie

GAMEPLAY

Archetype – All Rounder/Pressure

Strengths
  • High damage output
  • High weight for a character her size allows her to survive for quite a while
  • Low traction allows for long wave dashes and tricky movement
Weaknesses
  • Very short combo routes
  • Low traction requires more precision to control her reliably
  • Most of her strongest moves have fairly high end lag

Walk Speed - C
Run Speed - B+
Traction - E
Jump - B
Air Acceleration - C+
Fall Speed - B
Weight - A-

MOVELIST

Ground Attacks

Neutral Attack: Flamehilt - A one-two attack comprised of a short kick, followed by a jab using her ax's hilt.

Forward Tilt: Woodcutter - A sideways chopping attack with some force, like a lumberjack chops a tree, the middle of the attack deals the most damage.

Up Tilt: Eruption – An ax kick/stomp with some noticeable wind up. While a bit on the slower side for startup, the fiery stomp will “erupt” launching opponents into the air for follow ups like her Up Air, etc.

Down Tilt: Burning Trail - Wynnie slides forward along the ground. Fast, with a low profile for ducking under projectiles. She also leaves a trail of fire that can deal additional damage but it goes out after a brief moment. Alternatively, the trail can just be an aesthetic of the attack.

Back Tilt: Back Slice – Wynnie leans forward to attack, but slashes behind herself. Quick and useful for feints in addition to attacking those coming from the rear.

Dash Attack: Crashing Burn – Wynnie trips while running but improvises a forward rolling attack (while wreathed in flames) to stick the landing. Good damage and knockback but high end lag.

Charge Attacks

Side Charge - Flare Impact - Wynnie leans back and readies her ax before throwing her arms forward and delivering a strong downward swing, flames erupting from the impact. Her strongest charge attack.

Up Charge – Wild Fire - Wynnie swings her ax upward in a fast but hard hitting arc over her head.

Down Charge – Burnout Blaze – Wynnie drags her ax along the ground as she quickly spins around in a circle, leaving a trail of fire around her.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Air: Solar Eclipse – Wynnie spins in the air, striking with both her ax and horns.

Forward Air: Swift Ax - Wynnie's quickest aerial, where Wynnie quickly slashes forward, making it good to set up into small combos.

Up Air: Sunrise - An upwards bash used for juggling opponents, with some fire trailing behind the swing.

Down Air: Sunset - Winding up for a powerful slam with her ax, Wynnie brings it down hard to spike opponents.

Back Air: Smelting Blow – Wynnie swings her ax back, coated in flames. A fast and strong aerial for closing out stocks.

Throws

Grab: Standard – When holding opponents, Wynnie will lodge her ax into the ground at her side.

Pummel: Knee Jab - Wynnie attacks the opponent with her knee, among the faster pummels in the game.

Forward Throw: Dragon Bomb – Wynnie lifts the opponent and jumps forward a bit, slamming the opponent into the ground.

Down Throw – Dragon Drop – Wynnie slams the opponent down and performs a ground pound.

Back Throw – Dragon Suplex - Wynnie lifts the opponent and falls backward, slamming and bouncing them off the ground behind her.

Up Throw - Upper Cut - A combo throw where Wynnie tosses the opponent up and then hits them higher with a swing of her ax.

Special Attacks

Neutral Special - Salamander - Wynnie creates a flame projectile that travels along the ground a set distance. In the air, it will fired diagonally downward. If the air versions make contact with the ground before becoming inactive it will continue the rest of its distance like the grounded version.

Neutral Hyper: Crawling Dragon - The attack is stronger, and it also leaves behind a fire trail that acts as a lingering hazard for foes to avoid.

Side Special: Flameburst - Wynnie produces an explosive flame to propel herself into the air at a diagonal angle. The initial explosion has good power, but it's the aerial attack that deals the most damage if it lands. High end-lag if it misses.

Side Hyper: Flameblast – Wynnie is propelled further and flies much faster, with both the initial explosion and aerial hit dealing extra damage.

Up Special: Rising Heat – A leaping slash, that has Wynnie rise straight up with her ax enveloped by flames.

Up Hyper: Rising Dragon – This version goes much higher and grants Wynnie light armor along with increased power.

Down Special: Emberglow - A standard counter-attack. Wynnie strikes a defensive pose, and when attacked, she counters at 1.4x the the power of the opponent's attack.
Down Hyper: Heat Wave - The counter now deals 1.7x the damage and sends out a wave of fire that deals damage in a straight path.

HYPERMAX MOVES

Level 1: Scorching Star – Wynnie raises her ax above her head and begins to spin it rapidly as flames begin to gather and swirl around it. She then swings it forward, sending the flames flying forward in the form of a spiraling disk.

Level 2: Magma Line – Wynnie raises her ax up high and plunges it downward, unleashing a chain of eruptions along the ground.

Level 3 - The Burning Wyvern – Wynnie conjures a dragon made of fire that flies straight up, carrying opponents with it. It then changes shape, transforming into a massive ball of fire that then envelops opponents before coming crashing back down to the stage in a fiery explosion.

Fighter #8 LAMBDA

GAMEPLAY

Archetype – Grappler/Bruiser

Strengths
  • Highest raw damage output among the cast
  • High weight and knockback resistance allows LAMBDA to survive longer than other characters
  • Good range on most attacks
Weaknesses
  • Among the slowest characters on the roster
  • Large body and high weight mean they're susceptible to being combo food
  • Non-damaging, slow up special

Walk Speed - E
Run Speed - C
Traction - A
Jump - B
Air Acceleration - C-
Fall Speed - A
Weight - A+

MOVELIST

Ground Attacks

Neutral Attack: Jet Palm – An open palm strike that can be followed up by a short stream of flames if you press the button again. (The flames are produced from LAM's palm as well.)

Forward Tilt: Dragon Fang – LAMBDA extends their neck forward to bite at opponents.

Back Tilt: Dragon Tail – Without turning around, LAM swings at opponents behind them using their tail.

Up Tilt: Dragon Missile – LAMBDA fires a missile from it's back. This move can be rapid fired for up to three to 3 missiles. The missiles fly in a parabola, launching a fairly high distance before making their descent. Can be used both as a straightforward anti-air on jump ins or as a means of stage control when fired from a distance.

(A bit of an unorthodox up tilt but I think it works as a good option for dealing with more air-oriented opponents given LAM's slower speed and focus on grounded combat. Plus, it gives him a fairly unique projectile option.

The inspiration here is, as you might have guessed, Dr. Doom's Hidden Missile move from Marvel vs Capcom, though the actual function is closer to the Roboco's Hi-Spec Missiles assist from Idol Showdown as they lack the tracking of Doom missiles.)

Down Tilt: Impact Hammer – LAMBA raises their clenched fist and slams it down in hammering motion. Useful for hitting opponents at the ledge and small characters who can low profile horizontal moves.

Dash Attack: Brake Dash – LAMBDA performs a spin while moving, tackling the opponent with their whole body. Unlike other dash attacks that bring you to a stop, LAMBDA can continue their dash in the opposite direction by holding back during the spin.

(The idea here was to reincorporate a little bit of the your originally Galleom inspired version of LAMBDA. LAM basically rams into opponents and swerves around like a vehicle trying to quickly make a turn.)

Charge Attacks

Side Charge: Rocket Punch – LAMBDA charges the engine in their arm and delivers a strong, rocket powered, straight punch.

Up Charge: Dragon Claw – LAMBDA performs a wide, overhead claw swipe.

Down Charge: Collision Compactor – LAMBDA faces the camera and brings their arms back before slamming their fists together. Opponents on either side of LAMBDA will get caught by the swing of their arms.

Aerial attacks

Neutral Air: Rotation – LAMBDA performs a 360 spin in the air, hitting with their arms. Useful for getting opponents off of LAMBDA. (Think DK Nair.)

Forward Air: Engine Drive – LAMBDA propels themselves forward using their engines, hitting opponents with their whole body. Can be used as a burst option for aerial movement for the otherwise heavy/sluggish LAMBDA. Can also be used to aid in recovery but it has high end lag overall.

Back Air: Engine Reverse – Similar to Engine Drive but moving LAMBDA backward instead.

Up Air: Dragon Head – LAMBDA uses thir long neck to swing their head in an arcing headbutt. The head does the most damage and knockback, but opponents can also be hurt by the spines along the back of LAMBA's neck.

Down Air: Crash Landing – A fast fall attack where LAMBDA uses their engines to quickly propel themselves downward. This move will knock opponents away in the air, but those caught below or directly underneath on the ground will take the most damage as LAMBDA lands.

Throws

Pummel: Shock Grip – LAMBA shocks the opponent while holding them.

Forward Throw: Rocket Launch – LAMBDA rears back and charges the engine in their arm. The opponent is then launched by a rocket powered throw. LAMBA's strongest normal throw and a great kill throw.

Back Throw: Airlock Release – LAMBDA turns around and swings their arm back, launching the opponent with great force. Their second strongest normal throw and a potential early KO move when used at the ledge.

Up Throw: Ejector Cannon – LAMBDA raises their arm, holding the opponent in their palm. The opponent is then fired straight up by launching them with a pulse of plasma.

Down Throw: Plasma Glare – Rather than actually throwing opponents, Plasma Glare is a setup/combo starting tool that shocks and paralyzes the opponent for a moment using plasma emitted by LAMBDA's third eye.

Special Moves

Neutral Special: Plasma Sphere – LAMBDA fires a slow-moving ball of plasma from its mouth. It stays out for quite some time, allowing it to travel a good distance, but only one can be out at a time. The ball is shot forward both on the ground and in the air, and will travel in a straight line for its duration. The plasma ball is fairly strong to make up for its slow speed.

Neutral Hyper: Plasma Vortex – LAMBDA now produces a stationary ball of plasma that pulls opponents and objects in within a certain range. Enemy projectiles are destroyed when drawn in and opponents caught in it will be dealt a strong multi-hit that pops them up after. It stays on stage for the same duration as Plasma Sphere or until an opponent makes contact.

Side Special: Dragon Buster – A command grab where LAMBA will reach out with a downward claw swipe to try and grab opponents. If successful he leaps into the air with the opponent, flipping forward and falling back down to deliver a spinning pile driver. (Izuna Drop style, NOT like Zangief's)

Side Hyper: Burning Dragon Buster – Similar to the regular Dragon Buster, but the move now has light armor on start-up and delivers a fiery impact, being able to deal splash damage to other opponents who get too close.

Up Special: Engine Blaze – LAMBA engages their engines to hover and briefly give themselves the ability to fly around freely albeit slowly. LAMBDA will remain airborne for as long as they have fuel, though this drains fairly quickly. Fuel will be restored upon touching the ground again.

Up Hyper: Afterburner – Rather than being an enhanced move, Afterburner will “burn” meter to add fuel for Engine Blaze mid-flight.

Down Special: Hard Light Barrier – LAMBDA creates a barrier around themselves that can be used to reflect projectiles and damage opponents who touch it as it activates. While only the initial activation will deal damage, you can keep the button held down to continue reflecting projectiles and even block many physical attacks. Particularly strong attacks will shatter the barrier however (watch out during LAMBDA dittos!)

Down Hyper: Shining Force – This version cannot be held down for continuous effect but has an extended range, higher damage on activation and reflects projectiles back at 1.5x the power.

HYPERMAX MOVES

Level 1: Pyronite Beam – LAMBDA concentrates some of the Pyronite fueling their body into their mouth and fires it off in a blazing beam. (Combines the classic beam super with the classic fire breath of dragons for a spin that works for a robot alien dragon thing like LAMBDA.)

Level 2: Pyronite Armor – LAMBDA creates an energy field around their body using Pyronite. While active this increases their defenses even further, reducing the damage they take while also making their entire body a means of dealing damage. The heat from the Pyronite coating will damage opponents for simply standing too close to LAMBDA though it does not cause any flinching or knockback. This in turn means all of LAMBDA's moves will deal a little extra damage too.

Level 3: Black Luster Dragon – A command grab super. LAMBA will grab opponents and fly forward while spinning, traveling like a drill as they drag the opponent along the stage a short distance. Afterward, LAMBA will take them into the air, flying even higher than when using Dragon Buster, and begin spinning again as they plummet back down with the opponent, dealing a multi hit drilling pile driver which ends in an explosive burst of fire.
I quite like these reworks, no major issues I have with them, though I do feel the Down Special for LAMBDA should be called Light Barrier and Light Buster respectively. Also remember LAMBDA's Light Buster sends foes forwards while EPSILON's sends foes upwards, just to keep that fact in mind.

One other thing, when your done with all the reworks can you put them all together in a single post so I can copy and paste them easier.

Also how does Kalin's kit look, i feel the specials and gimmick are really solid and should be kept conceptually and/or mechanically, but the other moves im not so sure on.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I quite like these reworks, no major issues I have with them, though I do feel the Down Special for LAMBDA should be called Light Barrier
Hard light is the hypothetical form of light in a solidified state. It's common in sci-fi stuff and is presumably how the barrier/reflector would be made so I figured it made more sense to call it a hard light barrier. Perhaps it's just a me thing but when I think of "light barrier" on its own, I tend to immediately think of magic/fantasy related stuff first. Specifying that it's hard light gives it that sci-fi distinction imo.

and Light Buster respectively.
But why buster? That word makes more sense for an offensive move rather than a defense tool.

You know like Potemkin Buster and stuff like that. To bust, is to break something. Buster is someone or something that does the breaking.

Also remember LAMBDA's Light Buster sends foes forwards while EPSILON's sends foes upwards, just to keep that fact in mind.
This one's all you actually. The launch properties are solely on the programming side of things. This is a rare case where the animation doesn't have to reflect a particular motion or direction.

One other thing, when your done with all the reworks can you put them all together in a single post so I can copy and paste them easier.
Yep, that was the original plan to begin with. All the rework posts I've been copy/pasting from a document with everything on it. The only thing I add once I post them here are the spoiler tags to break it up into more forum friendly sections.

Also how does Kalin's kit look, i feel the specials and gimmick are really solid and should be kept conceptually and/or mechanically, but the other moves im not so sure on.
I quite like it actually. I think it's one of your best so far. Once I finish the post for EPSILON, I'll go back and give a review over Rudder and Kalin since those are the two who I have the least changes for.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
DEV UPDATE
Currently I an working on a template for my characters to reference that houses functions such as basic movement and such.

I want to ask you Kirbeh Kirbeh a question, how do you expect a character in a platform fighter to walk, dash, and run, more specifically how they transition between these 3 states. This is important as that is something I really want to get right, jumping is easy enough, but ground movement is something that can just feel off if not designed correctly. I want my big OCD brain to create something that feels smooth.
In terms of the actual controls or just the general game feel? I suppose those go hand in hand, but I guess Smash itself provides one of the better examples. Melee has the most interesting way of handling it due the stuff you can do (like moonwalking) as a result of the initial dash transition coming later than in the other games but that could potentially be tricky to implement so it might be better to go the simpler route.

As for the actual control I think there are 3 good options.

• Lightly tilt to walk, fully push the stick to run.
  • Double tap to run.
  • Make a dedicated run button.
  • Or all 3 if you want to offer a lot of customization options for control mapping.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
In terms of the actual controls or just the general game feel? I suppose those go hand in hand, but I guess Smash itself provides one of the better examples. Melee has the most interesting way of handling it due the stuff you can do (like moonwalking) as a result of the initial dash transition coming later than in the other games but that could potentially be tricky to implement so it might be better to go the simpler route.

As for the actual control I think there are 3 good options.

• Lightly tilt to walk, fully push the stick to run.
  • Double tap to run.
  • Make a dedicated run button.
  • Or all 3 if you want to offer a lot of customization options for control mapping.
I feel a combo of the first two options would be best, you can transition from walking to running speed based on how far you tilt the stick back and forth, and double tapping will let you dash. I need to test that but I feel like that could work in a competitive setting.

Hard light is the hypothetical form of light in a solidified state. It's common in sci-fi stuff and is presumably how the barrier/reflector would be made so I figured it made more sense to call it a hard light barrier. Perhaps it's just a me thing but when I think of "light barrier" on its own, I tend to immediately think of magic/fantasy related stuff first. Specifying that it's hard light gives it that sci-fi distinction imo.

But why buster? That word makes more sense for an offensive move rather than a defense tool.

You know like Potemkin Buster and stuff like that. To bust, is to break something. Buster is someone or something that does the breaking.

This one's all you actually. The launch properties are solely on the programming side of things. This is a rare case where the animation doesn't have to reflect a particular motion or direction.

Yep, that was the original plan to begin with. All the rework posts I've been copy/pasting from a document with everything on it. The only thing I add once I post them here are the spoiler tags to break it up into more forum friendly sections.

I quite like it actually. I think it's one of your best so far. Once I finish the post for EPSILON, I'll go back and give a review over Rudder and Kalin since those are the two who I have the least changes for.
LAMBDA's Down Hyper has them launch their barrier forward like a projectile, ala Falco's Shine, EPSILON will spin their barrier around themselves in a circular pattern. That is the plan currently. Maybe call those moves the Light Launcher and Light Spinner respectively.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
LAMBDA's Down Hyper has them launch their barrier forward like a projectile, ala Falco's Shine,
As part of the rework, I actually intended to give the projectile barrier to EPISLON. With LAMBDA's more ground focused moveset and the forward launch on Barrier, I think it suits them better to use it in the more traditional Melee Fox sort of fashion of being able to push opponents across the stage with it to set up for spikes at the ledge and whatnot. It ties into their more "burst" movement approach that way as well.

For a more mobile but frail character like EPSILON, the idea was the barrier gets sent out like Falco's Reflector but doesn't come back, instead staying out on the stage as a more literal barrier, serving as a wall. It would still reflect projectiles too of course but its primary function is as stage control and extension of EP's mobility options. Not only are opponents forced to navigate around the barrier, but EP can actually wall jump off of it and use it to redirect their own projectiles.

EPSILON will spin their barrier around themselves in a circular pattern.
What's the added functionality in this case? Is it meant to loop around their body in a circle facing the camera or orbit them? Either way, wouldn't this actually just leave them more open?

That is the plan currently. Maybe call those moves the Light Launcher and Light Spinner respectively.
It is just opinion at the end of the day, but those names just don't sound as interesting tbh.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
As part of the rework, I actually intended to give the projectile barrier to EPISLON. With LAMBDA's more ground focused moveset and the forward launch on Barrier, I think it suits them better to use it in the more traditional Melee Fox sort of fashion of being able to push opponents across the stage with it to set up for spikes at the ledge and whatnot. It ties into their more "burst" movement approach that way as well.

For a more mobile but frail character like EPSILON, the idea was the barrier gets sent out like Falco's Reflector but doesn't come back, instead staying out on the stage as a more literal barrier, serving as a wall. It would still reflect projectiles too of course but its primary function is as stage control and extension of EP's mobility options. Not only are opponents forced to navigate around the barrier, but EP can actually wall jump off of it and use it to redirect their own projectiles.

What's the added functionality in this case? Is it meant to loop around their body in a circle facing the camera or orbit them? Either way, wouldn't this actually just leave them more open?

It is just opinion at the end of the day, but those names just don't sound as interesting tbh.
Solid points, good things to consider.

Anyway yeah I'll work more on the framework and once I get a solid foundation going I'll start making full movesets. Sorry if it is taking a while, but I've been just trying to get it just right.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I wonder if Kalin's headbutt attacks make sense for her character, I feel like she should use the nodes in her head for neutral attacks, but I don't know if she would be someone to get physical often, this a challenge a character who doesn't usually get their hands dirty in a fighting game, though Zelda isn't really one to do fisticuffs and she has solid enough neutrals conceptually in Smash.

Top Bottom