• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 129 - Concept: RWBY rep, Concept: Red vs Blue rep, Wiz and Boomstick

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
dunc.png

Chance - 30%/95%/63%. I don't really have a lot to say here. The Dune movies have been very successful and very well received. It isn't Warner's biggest modern franchise (that goes to a certain other girl, from a certain other world), but it's very impressive for a series that was long thought "unfilmable". The Duniverse isn't opposed to crossovers either, there was a fortnite collab around the time Part One released. Really, there are only two reasons we wouldn't get Paul Atredies. One, the game dies before they get around to adding him, which is unfortunately possible. There haven't been any leaks or datamines hinting at him, so I can't give him a very high "coming soon" score. It's not zero, because truth be told the way this game spaces out it's characters is bizarre. Of the four new characters at launch, we had no idea three of them were even being considered. Either they somehow kept them under much tighter lock and key then characters like Beetlejuice and Raven, or they started and finished development after the beta. It's not impossible they rush Paul out the doors in a similar manner. I wouldn't count on it though. The second possiblility is that they pull an Agent Smith and prioritize a side character instead, but I'm not sure if they would do that. Paul isn't the most interesting fighter, but he has some interesting ideas (his Mentat abilities, Weirding Way fighting style, Precience, The Voice). They might do another Dune character at the same time, but it would probably be a Gremlins situation, and the Kwisatz Haderach would still find his way onto the Multiversus roster.

Want - 95%. I've read the first Dune book and watched the first movie (due to strange circumstances I haven't watched Part 2 yet), and I enjoyed both of them. I'd love to see content from the series in this game. Paul isn't my number one most wanted, but Arrakis is absolutely my most wanted stage. The setting and concepts in the books are so unique, and having Paul interact with characters from other series would be really fun to see.
Dune takes place in the deep, deep future. I'm fairly certain it's about ten thousand years from now, give or take. Paul has ancestral memory, so he won't be a complete fish out of water, but I still think it would be intresting to see him interact with characters who from his perspective might as well be cavemen. Aliens also don't really exist in dune, so seeing him react to Marvin and Superman would be neat. Robots are canonically illegal, so I wouldn't be suprised if he was actually terrified of the Iron Giant. And lastly, going back to the meme, I think him and Garnet would ****ing hate eachother. You have the alien thing, kind of the robot thing, but most importantly - future vision. Garnet used her future vision to change fate and stop a tyrant, Precience "forced" Paul to commit a mega-jihad. Those interactions would be fun.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕAN IDAHO

Chance - 2%/40%/21%

For those who have only watched the movies, choosing Duncan Idaho as the second Dune rep would be odd. Someone like Chani, Lady Jessica, or Baron Harkonnen would probably make more sense. Revealing why he would be a good choice requires spoilers for the other books in the series - potentially including Messiah, which will be what Villeneuve's third movie adapts. If you want a relatively low spoiler answer - he comes back in the fourth book. If you want a longer answer (but still really abridged) ...
Duncan Idaho is thoroughly killed in Part 1, it's not a fakeout. However, in the second book, a faction opposed to Paul's rise as emperor create a clone of Duncan. The clone has no memories of his previous life, is trained as a Mentat, and "given" to Paul to emotionally torment him and eventually kill him. However, the clone gets overwhelmed trying to kill Paul and regains his memories and they become buddies again. The second Duncan shows up in Children of Dune (Book 3), married to Paul's sister, and he dies halfway through that book. That's only the beginning for mister Idaho, though. In God Emperor Dune (Book 4), Leto II (Paul's son and also a worm) has a Duncan clone in his service for basically every moment of his three thousand year reign. Most of the Duncans try to kill Leto, but they fail and worm god kills him and orders a new one. Leto is doing this because he has super future vision and a plan to save humanity forever, and Duncan is both an essential part of that and a good barometer of how close he is to the goal. After about Duncan 75, Leto knows that his golden path is safe and lets Duncan kill him. Duncan and his new wife celebrate by having literal hundreds of babies. This Duncan presumably dies of natural causes. Dunes 5 and 6 take place a thousand years later, and for some god forsaken reason they keep making Duncan Idahos. I don't know a lot about these books, all I know is that this Duncan gains the memories of every Duncan that ever Dunked and is so hot he makes a woman spontaneously orgasm (dune gets weird).

To summarize - Very important in Dune 2, Kinda important in Dune 3, pretty much the main character of 4, and a side character in 5 and 6. I've only read the first book, but I've spoiled myself pretty thoroughly - I might still have gotten some of this wrong.

The tricky thing with Duncan is that his greatest advantage, staying relevant throughout the entire series, might not be relevant. Villeneuve has stated that he intends to quit at Messiah, the second book. I wouldn't be surprised if Warner and Legendary try to find someone to do some of the other books, but there's a chance they quit while they're ahead (things get weird fast). He also wouldn't be that unique from Paul. Maybe.

I took a melatonin before writing this so i'm struggling to keep writing. I might touch this up tomorrow. Noms to gwimbly.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 390440
Chance - 30%/95%/63%. I don't really have a lot to say here. The Dune movies have been very successful and very well received. It isn't Warner's biggest modern franchise (that goes to a certain other girl, from a certain other world), but it's very impressive for a series that was long thought "unfilmable". The Duniverse isn't opposed to crossovers either, there was a fortnite collab around the time Part One released. Really, there are only two reasons we wouldn't get Paul Atredies. One, the game dies before they get around to adding him, which is unfortunately possible. There haven't been any leaks or datamines hinting at him, so I can't give him a very high "coming soon" score. It's not zero, because truth be told the way this game spaces out it's characters is bizarre. Of the four new characters at launch, we had no idea three of them were even being considered. Either they somehow kept them under much tighter lock and key then characters like Beetlejuice and Raven, or they started and finished development after the beta. It's not impossible they rush Paul out the doors in a similar manner. I wouldn't count on it though. The second possiblility is that they pull an Agent Smith and prioritize a side character instead, but I'm not sure if they would do that. Paul isn't the most interesting fighter, but he has some interesting ideas (his Mentat abilities, Weirding Way fighting style, Precience, The Voice). They might do another Dune character at the same time, but it would probably be a Gremlins situation, and the Kwisatz Haderach would still find his way onto the Multiversus roster.

Want - 95%. I've read the first Dune book and watched the first movie (due to strange circumstances I haven't watched Part 2 yet), and I enjoyed both of them. I'd love to see content from the series in this game. Paul isn't my number one most wanted, but Arrakis is absolutely my most wanted stage. The setting and concepts in the books are so unique, and having Paul interact with characters from other series would be really fun to see.
Dune takes place in the deep, deep future. I'm fairly certain it's about ten thousand years from now, give or take. Paul has ancestral memory, so he won't be a complete fish out of water, but I still think it would be intresting to see him interact with characters who from his perspective might as well be cavemen. Aliens also don't really exist in dune, so seeing him react to Marvin and Superman would be neat. Robots are canonically illegal, so I wouldn't be suprised if he was actually terrified of the Iron Giant. And lastly, going back to the meme, I think him and Garnet would ****ing hate eachother. You have the alien thing, kind of the robot thing, but most importantly - future vision. Garnet used her future vision to change fate and stop a tyrant, Precience "forced" Paul to commit a mega-jihad. Those interactions would be fun.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕAN IDAHO

Chance - 2%/40%/21%

For those who have only watched the movies, choosing Duncan Idaho as the second Dune rep would be odd. Someone like Chani, Lady Jessica, or Baron Harkonnen would probably make more sense. Revealing why he would be a good choice requires spoilers for the other books in the series - potentially including Messiah, which will be what Villeneuve's third movie adapts. If you want a relatively low spoiler answer - he comes back in the fourth book. If you want a longer answer (but still really abridged) ...
Duncan Idaho is thoroughly killed in Part 1, it's not a fakeout. However, in the second book, a faction opposed to Paul's rise as emperor create a clone of Duncan. The clone has no memories of his previous life, is trained as a Mentat, and "given" to Paul to emotionally torment him and eventually kill him. However, the clone gets overwhelmed trying to kill Paul and regains his memories and they become buddies again. The second Duncan shows up in Children of Dune (Book 3), married to Paul's sister, and he dies halfway through that book. That's only the beginning for mister Idaho, though. In God Emperor Dune (Book 4), Leto II (Paul's son and also a worm) has a Duncan clone in his service for basically every moment of his three thousand year reign. Most of the Duncans try to kill Leto, but they fail and worm god kills him and orders a new one. Leto is doing this because he has super future vision and a plan to save humanity forever, and Duncan is both an essential part of that and a good barometer of how close he is to the goal. After about Duncan 75, Leto knows that his golden path is safe and lets Duncan kill him. Duncan and his new wife celebrate by having literal hundreds of babies. This Duncan presumably dies of natural causes. Dunes 5 and 6 take place a thousand years later, and for some god forsaken reason they keep making Duncan Idahos. I don't know a lot about these books, all I know is that this Duncan gains the memories of every Duncan that ever Dunked and is so hot he makes a woman spontaneously orgasm (dune gets weird).

To summarize - Very important in Dune 2, Kinda important in Dune 3, pretty much the main character of 4, and a side character in 5 and 6. I've only read the first book, but I've spoiled myself pretty thoroughly - I might still have gotten some of this wrong.

The tricky thing with Duncan is that his greatest advantage, staying relevant throughout the entire series, might not be relevant. Villeneuve has stated that he intends to quit at Messiah, the second book. I wouldn't be surprised if Warner and Legendary try to find someone to do some of the other books, but there's a chance they quit while they're ahead (things get weird fast). He also wouldn't be that unique from Paul. Maybe.

I took a melatonin before writing this so i'm struggling to keep writing. I might touch this up tomorrow. Noms to gwimbly.
Please stop saying the game is likely going to die, it's starting to annoy me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Please stop saying the game is likely going to die, it's starting to annoy me.
Pointing out that a live service game has a limited lifespan by virtue of being a live service game, and thus saying how that will naturally effect likelihood, is perfectly valid to bring up in a game about rating the likelihood of characters.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Paul Atreides/Duncan Idaho

Chance: 20%

Dune is successful by the movies,i think that because movies makes more success than the books,and Paul Atreiges is on Fortnite,even that Dune is becoming a newest Warner's franchise,i think that the a Dune rep can be inclued not as a fighter rep

Want: 5%

i never watched Dune movies nor read the books,but it could be a good addition for Dune in MultiVersus

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Pointing out that a live service game has a limited lifespan by virtue of being a live service game, and thus saying how that will naturally effect likelihood, is perfectly valid to bring up in a game about rating the likelihood of characters.
I was seeing people on reddit say the game was gonna die before they can fix it which left me irritated and worried, I'm sorry if I came off as hostile to peridotgx i just don't want this game to get shutdown again.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
No one here seems to remember that Dune isn't owned by WB and the company that does own it, Legendary Pictures, cut ties with them recently
If I remember correctly, Legendary and Warner came to an agreement: Dune and Monsterverse movies would still be distributed by Warner, but new IPs would be with Paramount or Universal (I forgot which).

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Paul Atreides/Duncan Idaho

Chance: 20%

Dune is successful by the movies,i think that because movies makes more success than the books,and Paul Atreiges is on Fortnite,even that Dune is becoming a newest Warner's franchise,i think that the a Dune rep can be inclued not as a fighter rep

Want: 5%

i never watched Dune movies nor read the books,but it could be a good addition for Dune in MultiVersus
So those scores are for both characters, right? And remember, if you want to give scores to two characters you have to write a total of 8 sentences at minimum.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dune is a bit of a blind spot for me so I will simply abstain, and then put all of my nominations toward Tracy Turnblad again.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
How many more days left til' we move on to the next ratings, Dangan? i still haven't watched Dune and i haven't in time i might aswell abstain.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Okay Then

50%: I think there's a chance Dune can be added into Multiversus due to it's recent popularity and with the 2nd film likely being a success Legendary do want to focus on making more content for the series alongside Godzilla X Kong, however hearing legendary are the ones who owns the rights of the series it may be hard to say if Warner Brothers can get it in Multiversus with good negotiations or not, i think Legendary are willing to produce new dune movies with the company so there's a chance that WB can ask if they're willing to let Paul & other dune specific content be in Multiversus.

Abstain: I haven't watched the dune movies and i have been wanting to get around watching them, but with how i treat my time schedule everyday, currently watching other films & shows, and worrying a little about the movies' long hour timeframe it makes me difficult for me to sit down to watch the series.

I may also worry about a lack of interest since that's usually what keeps me from trying to complete something or watch something and it wounds up taking years until i finally get to it, so there's that.

My Nominations
-Prohyas & Vambre(1X)
-Kazuma & Co.(1X)
-My Adventures with Superman Content(1X)
-Higan(1X)

Note: Upon writing this i just found out that Herbert Properties is the owner of the franchise, can anyone please explain to me what that is and what it could mean for dune in multiversus?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I promise you all I will update the calcs for the Godzilla/Kong and Dune days tomorrow. I'm just sleepy at the moment but I wanted to get some words in.

Chance:
Paul - 25%
Duncan - 15%

I don't think I need to reiterate just how important Dune is to the sci-fi genre in general. In short, a lot of sci-fi media today including things like Star Wars owes a lot to Dune. Now ever since we've rated Paul the first time, Dune Part Two has come out and did excellent in terms of reviews and the box office. With Dune Messiah being announced for a film adaptation, Dune has cemented itself as, dare I say it, one of the staple film series of this decade.

Now again, I'm being skeptical when it comes to third parties and unlike Godzilla and Kong, we don't have a ton of collaborations to determine if Dune would be an affordable IP to obtain. The only collab I've seen is the Dune expansion for Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is obviously from a completely different company and dev team so there is some uncertainty there. However, with how huge Dune is right now, I can definitely see Player First Games putting in the effort to try to get the rights to it.

As for Paul, well I don't see why they wouldn't go for him right away. But for Duncan? He's a bigger question mark. I can see Dune getting two characters down the line, but I'm not certain if Duncan would be the second choice with how big Dune's cast is.

Want:
Paul - 95%
Duncan - 75%

I haven't read the books yet, but I absolutely adore the films. Denis Villeneuve is a fantastic director, one of the best currently working in the industry right now. He created two movies so far that have so much life and personality to them. He did the monumental task of taking a book as ambitious and highly detailed as Dune and made some truly cinematic experiences that are beginner-friendly, riveting, and downright amazing. If you haven't seen the Dune films yet, I cannot recommend them enough.

So if it wasn't clear enough, heck yeah I want Dune in MultiVersus. There is so much potential for the stage with possible sandworm hazards and the characters lend themselves well to a fighting game. Paul is a very good protagonist and I think Duncan is very cool.

Noms: Jackie Chan

Day over.

Today is our Rooster Teeth rerate triple day. Rate the following things:
  • Concept: RWBY rep
  • Concept: Red vs Blue rep
  • Wiz and Boomstick

Here are some songs to get into the huntress mood:

Here are some songs to get into the Halo shenanigans mood:

And here are some songs to get into the mood for a DEATH BAATTLLEEE!!!

Reminder: For triple days, everyone starts with 15 noms and you can earn up to 30 noms if you write a total of 30 sentences in your post.

Last edited:
Before I start talking about anyone rated today, I should bring up the elephant in the room: Rooster Teeth's closure. My ratings are under the assumption that WB somehow keeps the IPs for themselves, even though they don't deserve them.

It's Fun To Stay With R-W-B-Y!
Chance: 70%
That said, if there are any characters from RT in MultiVersus, they'll be from this series in particular. First of all, we have four title characters to choose from in a game that now has four different classes to work with. A game that, mind you, still has a 2-v-2 mode in it. Second, and this goes hand-in-hand with my first tidbit, there are multitudes of characters to choose from. Third, RWBY as a franchise is popular enough to cross over with the Justice League, and somehow relevant enough to get its two-part direct-to-video movie finished despite all the setbacks at each WB subsidiary. Heck, you could just make a RWBY fighting game in and of itself if you wanted.

Cola Wars: The Webseries
Chance: 40%
Next to RWBY, Rooster Teeth's crown jewel is Red vs. Blue, a machinima series that uses assets from the Halo series. I deem this as less likely than RWBY on that asset usage alone. Despite that, Microsoft needs an advantage in the console market, so I propose this to them: You can allow Player First Games to use Halo assets for RvB purposes, provided you also put one of your cartoony characters in here as a console exclusive. Banjo, Conker, Crash, Spyro, Pitfall Harry, Cuphead, Ori, Blinx. As long as it's not one of your Bang Bang McShooties, an Xbox exclusive MultiVersus character would entice Xbox sales in some way.

DEATH BATTLE!!!
Chance: 15%
Death Battle might be the riskiest Rooster Teeth property to get into MultiVersus. This is primarily due to its usage of licensed characters, not just those owned by WB. To add onto this, Wiz and Boomstick themselves rarely appear onscreen in the series. What could they do in MultiVersus as fighters? Perform moves based on characters that didn't get in? Just make them into announcer packs and call it a night.

Wants:
RWBY rep: 60%
RvB rep: 55%
Wiz and Boomstick: 45%

I might not know much about Rooster Teeth or their properties besides pop culture osmosis, but even I'd like to see these shows make it into the game at some point. The general consensus of a game like this goes as such: The more, the merrier.

Noms:
Marine Boy x5
Captain Planet x5
The Mask x5

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
dont call me a cartoon, thats for babies, i am an AMERICAN ANIME for ADULTS!!!! D:<
Chance: 85%
She's in the datamines, not much else from there. I'm pretty sure WB still owns the IP currently, and even if they sold it off she could probably survive off of grandfathering. The characters all have a leg up from already being combatants and a team, as well as MVS seeming to want to double down on cartoo-uh, sorry, animation. I can't help but wonder if they'd fill out all 4, but that's a question for another day.

Goku has died multiple times, Garfield hasn't even bled
Chance: 4%
I was actually thinking of going higher than this, but then I realised this is for playable Wiz and Boomstick, not announcer packs or a story NPC, and uuhhh... yeah, I can't see it. Most people who have watched Death Battle don't even realise that Wiz and Boomstick have physical forms, and while you could come up with fun original movesets for them, "hillbilly" and "scientist" aren't exactly character types in short supply within the WB catalog. I have a feeling using Wiz and Boomstick in a commercial product with actual-licensed non-parody-protected IP could prove... risky. Not impossible, certainly not illegal, but they'd have to be very careful when making references to Death Battle moments and quotes specifically.

The Cold War
Chance: 0%
I was originally going to give this as high a score as RWBY based on Master Chief being leaked to be considered and these two being easy alts... the problem being that well, the way MVS handles skins is that each character has a red version and a blue version... When you have two characters that's main visual difference are their colours, and themselves are based heavily on a base character, I don't see it. Even if they weren't Chief variants, this is a borderline-impossible hurdle to overcome

All noms for Goober

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
RWBY Rep

Chance: 85%

A RWBY rep have a biggest chance of have a rep on MultiVersus, by Ruby was mentionated on leaked character's dialogues and there's a crossover with Justice League.

Want: 20%

One of my biggest pick is Ruby Rose,but she is on 9th place, on my wanted character, and i just watched the Volume 1 and videos who RWBY was ruined

Red VS Blue Rep

Chance: 5%

A Red VS Blue rep is......uh.....,i don't know how will be work on Multiversus,also the characters are based on Halo's spartans,but if them go to the game,i wonder how Microsoft will think about this,i believe that Microsoft can sue Warner

Want: 0%

I never was fan of Red VS Blue,and that could be so hard of adding them on Multiversus as i said

Wiz & Boomstick

Chance: 10%

that could be good of having Wiz & Boomstick on the franchise,but i don't know how could be their moveset,like,Warner franchises references are good choice,and while other non-Warner franchises?,like as one of them using a BFG9000 from Doom, a keyblade from Kingdom Hearts, an infinity gaunlet from Marvel and other non-Warner items?,maybe they will make parody of this items for don't have copyright issues,and they works as an kind of assists or NPC

Want: 25%

Death Battle is my favorite webseries,i follow this series since season 2,and it's will be complicated of they using pop culture weapons as moveset base, and how will works

Norms: Wade Watts

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
RWBY Time

Chance - 95%
Well...it's hard to argue with the datamines. It's especially hard to argue with a datamine as thorough and complete as this one. I left five percent up in the air in case SOMETHING goes wrong late in the game, but realistically I don't see that happening now, and instead Ruby will get in as foretold. For the sake of adding something fresh to this take, I figure I'll also rank how likely I see the rest of Team RWBY beyond Ruby, for fun. I think Weiss, Yang, and Blake, in descending order, would be the next three. Which is, admittedly, a bit sad for me because Blake is my favorite lol.

Want: 80%
I only watched RWBY up until they stopped posting the episodes on YouTube because I didn't want to make a Rooster Teeth account. Yes I'm that guy, I'm sorry. But I did enjoy it quite a bit. Ruby herself isn't my preferred scythe wielder for this game (that would be Grim), but she's a likeable character who could have some really fun dialogue.

Wiz and Boomstick

Chance: 10%
I'll be real, I don't see these two happening. They're in a weird spot where a major multimedia corporation technically owns a fan made parody series that, by its nature, could lead to copyright infringement suits if they try to profit off of it. Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but at the very least nothing about these two's designs in particular is suitworthy, so if they were to focus on the general idea of Death Battle it would be fine. The other big kick to their odds, imo, is that their ownership specifically seems...up in the air? Because apparently the team are going to keep making it after Rooster Teeth went under? So I'm not sure. There's also the fact that while they may be the most requested non-RWBY RT characters...that's not saying much. They're basically the only other RT characters that get any requests.

Want: 70%
I'll admit, I'd like this just because of how silly it is. Imagine a special move where they would run calcs and give themselves buffs to fight better. Imagine Wiz summoning 18 septillion kilotons of TNT to hit Superman for 10%. Imagine Boomstick no-selling Iron Giant's lasers because he calced his durability at surviving 48 atomic bombs. Conceptually them being here is just very funny in a meta sense.

Red vs Blue

Chance: 0%
This will never happen and I'm fairly confident in saying that. Yes, it's incredibly iconic. Yes, it's one of Rooster Teeth's big three. But like...it's also an absolute legal nightmare. I talked above about how the concept of Death Battle could present issues for the legal department if they use it in something as high profile as this, but at least with that, Wiz and Boomstick have original designs that are lawyer safe. Red vs Blue does not have that. They're just...the Halo Spartan design in two non-green colors. The sheer legal minefield here would be too much to even consider, more than likely.

Want: 0%
This isn't because I dislike them. I recognize their influence on Internet culture and know a ton of people like the series. I've...actually just never seen it, unlike with the two above. Unironically the only thing I know about it is the reveal that Sarge is Boomstick's father, as seen in the Death Battle episode Kool-Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage.

Putting all...thirty, I think? nominations toward Tracy Turnblad.

KillerCage

Smash Master
REST IN PEACE, ROOSTER TEETH.

RWBY Rep
Chances: 40%

I recall giving a few potential RWBY reps fairly high chances with Ruby herself getting a 75%. With Rooster Teeth being shut down, the chances of any RWBY character getting into Multiverses has gone down significantly. There is a silver lining though. Supposedly dataminers did find Ruby Rose within Multiverses' code suggesting she will be added the game eventually. While Ruby could make it, I don't see any other RWBY making the cut.

Want: 65%

Most of the points I made during Ruby's day still hold. While I still think she should be presented as her classic self, she has gotten more material and costumes to work with. The quality of the later volumes did hurt her character in my eyes. Don't get me starter with those weird DC crossover movies.

Red vs Blue Rep
Chances: 2%

Most of my points regarding a RVB rep (particularly Caboose) still stand now with the shutdown of Rooster Teeth being a new hurdle. The one saving grace the Reds and Blues have was that their show was allowed to end on their own terms. Aside from that, I don't see them joining the MultiVerses roster outside of a cameo which might be coming (based on rumors).

Want: 100%

Red vs Blue is one of earliest webshows I fell in love with. The first 14 seasons were fantastic and Restoration was a fitting sendoff. It would be amazing if Reds and Blues were playable in MultiVerses regardless of how unlikely it would be.

Wiz & Boomstick
Chances: 0.5%

Ironically the one series that could escape the death of Rooster Teeth intact is the one that no longer has any real chance at getting into Multiverses. Death Battle created by Screwattack, not Rooster Teeth; the latter just bought the former. Death Battle was already in a weird spot as it used many properties that WB doesn't own. The only reason I'm not giving a flat zero is most people don't realize Wiz and Boomstick do have quite a bit of material to construct a moveset. Not to mention the creators of Death Battle have stated multiple times the final Death Battle would be Wiz vs Boomstick (which sorta happened in the final Death Battle Cast.) Not to mention many people think they would work well as announcers. With the creators of Death Battle currently looking for a new partner, Wiz and Boomstick likely will never show up in MultiVerses.

Out of all of Rooster Teeth's properties, Death Battle is the one I have the most attachment to. I've been watching the series practically from its inception starting with its first episode "Boba Fett vs Samus Aran". Wiz and Boomstick are the glue that holds the show together. Even if they don't show up as fighters, it would cool if they were announcers for MultiVerses.

Noms: Mothra x15

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
REST IN PEACE, ROOSTER TEETH.

RWBY Rep
Chances: 40%

I recall giving a few potential RWBY reps fairly high chances with Ruby herself getting a 75%. With Rooster Teeth being shut down, the chances of any RWBY character getting into Multiverses has gone down significantly. There is a silver lining though. Supposedly dataminers did find Ruby Rose within Multiverses' code suggesting she will be added the game eventually. While Ruby could make it, I don't see any other RWBY making the cut.

Want: 65%

Most of the points I made during Ruby's day still hold. While I still think she should be presented as her classic self, she has gotten more material and costumes to work with. The quality of the later volumes did hurt her character in my eyes. Don't get me starter with those weird DC crossover movies.

Red vs Blue Rep
Chances: 2%

Most of my points regarding a RVB rep (particularly Caboose) still stand now with the shutdown of Rooster Teeth being a new hurdle. The one saving grace the Reds and Blues have was that their show was allowed to end on their own terms. Aside from that, I don't see them joining the MultiVerses roster outside of a cameo which might be coming (based on rumors).

Red vs Blue is one of earliest webshows I fell in love with. The first 14 seasons were fantastic and Restoration was a fitting sendoff. It would be amazing if Reds and Blues were playable in MultiVerses regardless of how unlikely it would be.

Wiz & Boomstick
Chances: 0.5%

Ironically the one series that could escape the death of Rooster Teeth intact is the one that no longer has any real chance at getting into Multiverses. Death Battle created by Screwattack, not Rooster Teeth; the latter just bought the former. Death Battle was already in a weird spot as it used many properties that WB doesn't own. The only reason I'm not giving a flat zero is most people don't realize Wiz and Boomstick do have quite a bit of material to construct a moveset. Not to mention the creators of Death Battle have stated multiple times the final Death Battle would be Wiz vs Boomstick (which sorta happened in the final Death Battle Cast.) Not to mention many people think they would work well as announcers. With the creators of Death Battle currently looking for a new partner, Wiz and Boomstick likely will never show up in MultiVerses.

Out of all of Rooster Teeth's properties, Death Battle is the one I have the most attachment to. I've been watching the series practically from its inception starting with its first episode "Boba Fett vs Samus Aran". Wiz and Boomstick are the glue that holds the show together. Even if they don't show up as fighters, it would cool if they were announcers for MultiVerses.

Noms: Mothra x15
Seems i'm not the only one who thinks Ruby may be the only one that'll be in Multiversus.

Also, where did the leaks say that a Red Vs. Blue Reference was present?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Godzilla
Chance: 39%
Want: 90.9%

King Kong
Chance: 41.11%
Want: 89.44%

Paul Atreides
Chance: 52.6%
Want: 78.75%

Duncan Idaho
Chance: 31.2%
Want: 48.33%

So, there is a lot going on here. First, chance scores have dropped significantly for some characters, which isn't a surprise as confidence in MultiVersus has dipped and third party characters in general are still a question mark.

Godzilla got a good boost in want, making him the thread's 7th most wanted character and his inclusion in the Top 10 means that Static has been booted off into 11th place. His chance score is the one that didn't dip too much, interestingly enough. Kong on the other hand, not only dropped a lot in chance, but also decreased slightly in want, placing him at #10 for most wanted, which is still impressive!

Finally, Paul's chances have plummeted, which means that Sub-Zero is now #10 for chance. But as for want, he actually got a small increase which can be attributed to Dune's increasing popularity.

Noms List

50+
Gundam x55
Gwimbly x55

25-49
Wilt x48
Jackie Chan x41
Aquaman x40
Foghorn Leghorn x35
Guardians of Ga'hoole rep x35
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x29
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Professor Fate x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25
Concept: Succession content x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Goober x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Tracy Turnblad x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Black Dynamite x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
Lum the Invader x11
Concept: My Adventures With Superman content x11
Higan (Ninja Kamui) x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
T-800 x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Concept: Marvel characters x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Concept: My Hero Academia characters x5
Supergirl x5
Booster Gold x5
Swamp Thing x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Mothra x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Victory is in a simple soul!"-Theme Song of RWBY Vol. 1
RWBY
Theme: This Will Be The Day
40%: RWBY, one of the most well known anime series on the internet, The series was made by the late Mounty Oum and is one of Rooster Teeth's most popular franchise. The series has a total of 9 seasons currently, 5 spin-offs, couple of books including manga, video games, and even a crossover with the Justice League not just in comics but a two parter movie series too.

Warner Brothers bought the parent company for RWBY alongside every asset they have which made the series become accounted for under the warner brother's brand, giving some recognition to the series, releasing the series on dvd(in japan), and of course the after mention crossover with DC's superheroes of the Justice League, with how much the company did for the show it would make sense for RWBY to appear in Multiversus right?

Well maybe during the beta years of the game however recently this year WB has decided to shutdown rooster teeth due to their financial troubles over the years, and with the studios' termination their parent company opted to sell three of their most popular series to other studios which includes RWBY, as of right now the people who made the show a.k.a CRWBY has said they found a company who's willing to buy the series and keep them at the helm of production, while it doesn't mean the series has been sold off yet there's already a company planning to take it in, with this possibility it might mean WB is already cutting ties with RWBY making any characters' chances appear in the game hopeless.

Well.....that is until the leaks came through.

During the new datamine discovery on Multiversus' relaunch many leakers found which characters has some stuff that suggested who's coming to the game and One of those characters was the leader of their team & main protagonist, Ruby Rose.
There's a stinger for her name, another one for her series, profile icons & a ringout for her series, and interactions found from rick talking to her. All this with leakers like Papagenos claiming that there are no plans for her to be removed may mean ruby could get in sometime in the future.

While this is good news for a character and the series being in Multiversus, it's likely that'll be the only representation the game will offer. The series is still going to be sold off most likely and with a buyer being brought up warner could still sell it to them which wouldn't make them own the show anymore, plus if they were to keep said RWBY content in the game they need to continue paying the other company to continue using little red and what other RWBY stuff is in it otherwise they'll just choose not to & we get a stranger things x dead by daylight situation were the series is unavailable to get in anymore purchases of Multiversus or Worse, But if whoever buys RWBY is in good contacts with Warner Brothers or are under their brand as a sister company then perhaps maybe they'll put more content in the game.

There is a future lining for RWBY in Multiversus but it depends on what happens, Only time will tell.

Alt Theme: I Burn
50%: Personally for me, i've only watched RWBY Volume 1 and Chibi officially,i also seen a review of Ice Queendom to get to know how that show turned out too i didn't watch the rest of the volumes and i honestly prefer not to follow what happens later on.

But i have seen some fanmade content from the series and they've tend to be better then what the main series has done so i hope it counts for me knowing the series even if it's not enough, as for how i see it getting into multiversus, i still think that if RWBY does get in based on the datamines they might just settle with only Ruby and what they bring with her, i would've prefer seeing both her & yang join the game but i'm okay with what may come.

But if they do continue getting more RWBY then that's fine by me, i'm just hoping they make their classic counterparts be their main defaults with their later appearances as costumes.

"Hey" "Yeah?"
"You ever wonder why we're here?"-Grif and Simmons
Red Vs. Blue
Theme: Blood Gulch Blues
5%: Roses are red and violets are blue, one day i'll cruise down the molbery blues, it's red versus red, and blue versus blue, it's i against i and me against you...

Red Vs. Blue, another popular series from Rooster Teeth and one of their first ever series made, Red Vs. Blue is a fanmade web show that takes the models and world of Halo within their own games making a different story about these soldiers in a boxed canyon trying to kill each other in war but just taking things slow, goofing off, and getting into random events that changes their lives in the end.

The series lasted for 18 Seasons, ended with a single movie, has plenty of spin-offs, PSA's, Merchandise, and some recognition from the halo series itself too(with an easter egg that includes some of the voice actors, some references in other games, and an apparent fortnite crossover were the reds meet master chief, THE master chief), While it was fanmade series at first, the show had numerous DVD and Blue-Ray's distrubuted & released in stores before, has been shown on streaming services such as FilmRise & Amazon Prime, and even on TV once at the El Ray Network. this is all very shocking for a webseries that's based on existing characters to the point were it makes it feel like an official tv series.

Though with Rooster Teeth shutting down WB is selling away Red Vs. Blue as one of the main popular franchises for them to give to another company meaning it's chances of getting into Multiversus has fallen down and unlike RWBY, RVB is a fanmade series that used Halo for their characters and world so they'd have to get Microsoft to let their likeness be referenced with Red Vs. Blue, which might not be possible since i heard 343 Industries wouldn't let them for their own reasons & they would likely need to be involved aswell for Halo's rights.

The only reason why it's not lower to 0% is because someone mentioned a Red Vs. Blue Reference for Ruby so maybe the show won't be ignore in Multiversus but it also won't make any appearances either.

Alt Theme: Contact
70%: Even if the series is no longer getting into Multiversus, i still would've want to see characters from Red Vs. Blue appear more specifically Sarge & i guess Caboose too.

The series was good to watch and i liked seeing the jokes play out, the characters being good, and the action being entertaining aswell, Season 10 was an amazing end to the freelancer arc and the chorus trilogy was an amazing aftermath, Restoration ended up being the true ending for the series and it was okay, but i still remember having a good time watching Red Vs. Blue and i wish to atleast remember those times to cherish while moving forward.

Also, i liked some of the songs including Blood Gulch Blues, The Zealots Theme, The Fight with Meta, and Contact.

"Alright, The Combatants are all set and we ran the data through all possibilities" "It's Time for a DEATH BATTLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"-Wiz & Boomstick
Wiz & Boomstick
Theme: Wiz & Boomstick
0%: DEATH BATTLEEEEEEE!!!!!! one of my favorite webseries of all time, this is the show that came from screw attack originally before being bought out by Rooster Teeth and later become part of the company after the former went under in 2018.

The Action Web Show were they pit various characters in a fight to the death ran for 10 seasons, three spin-offs, and a long attention spam on the internet for two decades making it one of the most popular series on the internet, However it being under Rooster Teeth aswell as Warner Brothers at the time. the company did influence death battle a bit with making episodes come true like Johnny Cage Vs. Captain Falcon & Scooby-Doo! Vs. Courage the Cowardly Dog and they've gotten to advertise HBO Max & some of their movies such as The Matrix: Revolution, Wonder Woman 1984, and Black Adam too.

But once again with the companies shutdown and despite not being one of the main shows being sold, Death Battle is currently trying to negotiate a new deal with a company to keep the show afloat and with rooster teeth being gone with the show being unable to be sold to a company for MANY legal reasons, the show is pretty much down to 0% immensiley decreasing Wiz & Boomstick's chances of getting in the game even as announcers.

Alt Theme: Super (Goku Vs. Superman(2023))
40%: I love this show, i used to hate it at first due to not wanting to see characters i know &/or love get killed in a bloody fashion but then i got intrigued by the speculation scene and the quality improvement of the series that i wounded up ended enjoying the show, the music for the fights, the animation overtime, the end transitions, the coverage of characters i like, and the influence the show has for introducing or making me learn more about the characters.

Death Race was also a fun show and one i might like more than DBX & Desk of Death Battle.

i'm hoping the series does return too because they have their victor of the tournament of champions to be given a proper episode aswell as some other ideas that are due to be covered on the show eventually, and while it may be nice to have Wiz & Boomstick in a fighting game i don't have that feeling of wanting them in Multiversus anymore, with the show now departed from rooster teeth & searching for a new home to follow there's no reason for it be in the game now, I usually imagine a Death Battle fighting of it's own with all the characters they've covered & more, while there is a fanmade idea of that already i like to make up my own with smash bros' style of platforming to make it more fun but still understand the style of 2D fighting games still being a preferred style.

While it may be a really cool idea to have the show represented in the game it's not very likely anymore.

My Nominations
-My Adventures with Superman Content
-Higun

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
They're both half in, so that adds up to a 100% chance.
1717705568474.png
1717705606535.png

Chance - 90%/90%/90%. Let's not beat around the bush: She, and her series, have references in the code. She's happening. There are other characters with more complete data (Samurai Jack, Aquaman, the PPG, etc., so she probably won't happen this season or next, but I have very little doubt she'll release by this time next year. The situation with Rooster Teeth is very unfortunate, don't get me wrong, but I don't get why it would make them scrap her. She almost assuredly started development before the announcement of closure (she's a fairly popular character from a fairly popular series), and while the lack of new content isn't great, there's still enough RBWY for her inclusion to make sense. AFAIK, WB still owns the rights, and if they sell I doubt it would go to a major competitor like Disney or Amazon (unlike the situation with Embracer and LOTR). The potential buyer would probably be someone like Glitch Studios, who would have no reason to say no to this (especially because a good chunk of the work is already done). I've seen people say it's disrespectful to "mutilate the corpse" of the series by putting it in Multiversus, but honestly? I think it would be disrespectful not to finish her, to not give RBWY a last hurrah.

American Politics

Chance - 0%\0%\0%. I don't have a lot to say here. While I think the closure of Rooster Teeth doesn't affect Ruby all too much, because she already started development, I think it screws over basically everything else. Starting development on a character that's either done with new content or soon to be third party is a tough sell, especially when most of these characters weren't too likely in the first place. If I rated this before the unfortunate news, I can't imagine I would give this idea more than a 5%. The biggest hurdle is that the characters are reskinned Master Chiefs. Getting the approval of one of the biggest companies in the world to exclusively use a parody of their character... seems like a tough sell. Best case scenario, they add the actual Master Chief and added these two as skins, but I don't think he's particularly likely either.

I DONT HAVE A QUIP FOR THIS ONE

Chance - 1%\1%\1%. Similar situation here. Death Battle is very iconic online, but even when the series was a fully Warner-owned property, the idea of Wiz and Boomstick being playable was a long shot. There's just so much competition. When you factor in the closure of Rooster Teeth/Screw Attack... it's almost assuredly not happening. I'm giving the pair slightly higher scores for two reasons. one, they aren't reskinned versions of other video game characters. Two, and this is kind of a reach, but Wiz could maybe be made a skin for Rick? I wouldn't count on it, especially when there isn't a good character for Boomstick to copy and having one without the other would be odd, but it gives this score a very slim boost. If this was for announcer packs this would probably be much higher, even in spite of the closure.

Abstaining on want for all three. I've never watched RWBY or RVB, and I haven't watched a ton of Death Battle. I do hope somebody buys the rights to the Rooster Teeth catalogue and continues all three series, though. What Warner did was extremely dissapointing. Half of my noms to Gwimbly, the other half to Swamp Thing.

Also, can we take "concept: bryan cranston" off the noms list? It's a Walter White rerate in all but name, which was what the thread was for the better part of a year. I don't think we need to rate him again, at least not this soon.

Top Bottom