• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
All that said I hope Daffy’s model isn’t the LTC design. Most of the references in his leaked moveset are towards the Chuck Jones version of the character so it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace

Faso115

Smash Lord
If we only go by hints from the trailers, the remaining spots should be Daffy Duck, Animaniacs, Marceline, Dexter, Scooby Doo and maybe Pinky and the Brain?

im aware there is a new list now too but hard to say which characters are released first, given how all 3 new characters we got for launch (sans joker) come much later in the order list

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
If we only go by hints from the trailers, the remaining spots should be Daffy Duck, Animaniacs, Marceline, Dexter, Scooby Doo and maybe Pinky and the Brain?

im aware there is a new list now too but hard to say which characters are released first, given how all 3 new characters we got for launch (sans joker) come much later in the order list
Don't forget Ruby Rose

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I don't think Pinky and the Brain is coming right now, their cameo are just balloon for the water tower stage.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This might have been brought up at some point in the past 135 pages, but what are some unusual character choices you'd like to see?

I'm asking because at one point, I pictured how Immortan Joe from Mad Max would work in this game, and now I kind of want to see it happen.

He probably wouldn't be anyone's first or second pick for a Mad Max character (the nature of his actions likely wouldn't help when it comes to him getting any support), and Mad Max likely wouldn't be many people's first pick for a series to add to this game, but I'd like to see a moveset where he summons the War Boys (maybe it can be charged up and Immortan Joe spray-paints their face with silver as the attack's charging) or the Doof Warrior (the flamethrower guitar guy who's extremely dedicated to his job of playing music in the middle of car chases and fights) as a down special to buff himself or his teammate as long as they're in the area around him.

I'd just love to see this guy make it into the game in some form:

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
This might have been brought up at some point in the past 135 pages, but what are some unusual character choices you'd like to see?

I'm asking because at one point, I pictured how Immortan Joe from Mad Max would work in this game, and now I kind of want to see it happen.

He probably wouldn't be anyone's first or second pick for a Mad Max character (the nature of his actions likely wouldn't help when it comes to him getting any support), and Mad Max likely wouldn't be many people's first pick for a series to add to this game, but I'd like to see a moveset where he summons the War Boys (maybe it can be charged up and Immortan Joe spray-paints their face with silver as the attack's charging) or the Doof Warrior (the flamethrower guitar guy who's extremely dedicated to his job of playing music in the middle of car chases and fights) as a down special to buff himself or his teammate as long as they're in the area around him.

Now that the datamines and trailer easter eggs have squared off almost more than half of my big wishlist picks, the character I'm ride or die for right now counts for this.

Yeaaaaahhhh buddy!

1717207900637.jpeg

If they put in Space Ghost or Zorak, sure, whatever, base them off the 60's versions if you really gotta, but Brak? Brak HAS to be the 90's Coast to Coast/Cartoon Planet/Brak Show Andy Merrill version of the character. Have him sing so loud it stuns the opponents! Have him open a can of beans so hard it splatters everywhere! Have him float on his own little cloud! Have him fight by doing some of his stupid dances from Brak Presents! Have his down air being falling on his head!
You don't even need to write a script for him, just put Andy Merrill in the booth and let him ad lib! Just the announcer pack alone would sell like hotcakes!

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

He was my first pick for a Mad Max rep in my second video

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
GoldenYuiitusin GoldenYuiitusin

In PapaGenos's new video, he shows off the current datamined C0 ordered list.

i decided to try and predict the other character datamines to see who's likely, looking at the original daatamines, the current ones, and recent trailer.

For the first half of unknown characters after the powerpuff girls scooby doo might be next to them, due to having early datamines in the files aswell as having a working model already if the hockey tie in is anything to go by. the last i see are two characters from the original leaks i think the most likely ones are Daenerys and Poison Ivy(Game of Thrones is still popular and Ivy? yea....).

The 2nd half are likely based on the characters from the hints of the relaunch trailer and newer files from the leaks, C037-8 i think are Ruby Rose and Dexter, both i think were getting worked a time after Jason & Smith were greenlit as for the last one? i was trying to guess at someone else since Marceline was said to be currently in development however the more i think about it i realize it may be Marceline as C039.

What do you guys think of my predictions? is there anything i'm missing?

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
i decided to try and predict the other character datamines to see who's likely, looking at the original daatamines, the current ones, and recent trailer.

For the first half of unknown characters after the powerpuff girls scooby doo might be next to them, due to having early datamines in the files aswell as having a working model already if the hockey tie in is anything to go by. the last i see are two characters from the original leaks i think the most likely ones are Daenerys and Poison Ivy(Game of Thrones is still popular and Ivy? yea....).

The 2nd half are likely based on the characters from the hints of the relaunch trailer and newer files from the leaks, C037-8 i think are Ruby Rose and Dexter, both i think were getting worked a time after Jason & Smith were greenlit as for the last one? i was trying to guess at someone else since Marceline was said to be currently in development however the more i think about it i realize it may be Marceline as C039.

Ruby might be in the earlier set since I remember something about a voice clip referring to someone with a scythe before we even knew of Morty.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You're probably spot on regarding the information we have available, although I'm kinda curious who people think are likely beyond the datamining. Jason and Agent Smith went mostly undisclosed, at least. And I'm sure certain characters have been generally scrubbed from the game or not ready to have their data implemented yet... I'd expect those who have voice lines or ample in-game data are coming next, but since we can all assume that is indeed coming it doesn't leave much room for further roster speculation.

Someone I feel could still show up at any point is Fred Flintstone. I'm baffled that he hasn't seen even a single hint in his favor yet in the game's lifespan. I recall him showing up in at least one of two initial text leaks, and is generally probably the biggest no brainer outside of these datamines. We're edging toward an inevitable three Scooby Doo characters without arguably the face of Hanna Barbera in tow, let alone any other character or franchise from the studio.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You're probably spot on regarding the information we have available, although I'm kinda curious who people think are likely beyond the datamining. Jason and Agent Smith went mostly undisclosed, at least. And I'm sure certain characters have been generally scrubbed from the game or not ready to have their data implemented yet... I'd expect those who have voice lines or ample in-game data are coming next, but since we can all assume that is indeed coming it doesn't leave much room for further roster speculation.

Someone I feel could still show up at any point is Fred Flintstone. I'm baffled that he hasn't seen even a single hint in his favor yet in the game's lifespan. I recall him showing up in at least one of two initial text leaks, and is generally probably the biggest no brainer outside of these datamines. We're edging toward an inevitable three Scooby Doo characters without arguably the face of Hanna Barbera in tow, let alone any other character or franchise from the studio.
The face of Hanna Barbera would have to be Yogi Bear, but Fred has had more longevity of recognition then the former so maybe he is truly the face of Hanna Barbera.

Had to actually draw this out.

View attachment 390460
He's singing the Coast to Coast theme like in the episode "Jerk"

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

After seeing the Teen Titans Go episode "Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary", I would love to see a giant Michigan J. Frog as a joke character.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I think Flintstones is definitely more a when than a if. My guess is that it's possible that they're waiting for a few Flintstones project to be further in development before relasing Fred, because there's an adult reboot in development and an animated movie. It's also possible he was lower priority because despite how big the franchise is, there isn't that much fan request for him to be in the game. I'm still pretty much 100% sure he'll come eventually, but maybe in the second year of the game.

As for other Hannah Barbera character, personally I would really like Mr. Dastardly, but not sure how likely he is. The thing with Hannah Barbera is that, aside from Flintstones, Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry, despite being huge at the time a lot of their characters seems to be really forgotten like Yogi Bear and I'm not sure they're really going for that in the roster.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The thing with Hannah Barbera is that, aside from Flintstones, Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry, despite being huge at the time a lot of their characters seems to be really forgotten like Yogi Bear and I'm not sure they're really going for that in the roster.
This was what I was thinking.

To Yogi Bear’s credit, he’s still somewhat remembered as he’s sort of taken the role of the default “Hanna Barbera Talking Animal Character” in the public consciousness, so he probably has a much better shot than, say, Huckleberry Hound or Snagglepus, but even after them there aren’t that many really relevant choices beyond remembering that the likes of Powerpuff Girls, Dexter and a lot of other CN originals, along with stuff like the original Space Ghost, were technically H-B productions. Top Cat might have a decent enough shot, if no one else.

It’s crazy looking at bumpers for the early days of CN and seeing all these collar and tie wearing animals walking around. Sometimes they got really crazy and wore a vest! Now all these characters have basically been consolidated into Yogi.

Also YES I know about Jellystone, I mean outside of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom