• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Mini-Recreates: The SSB Series Rosters

Louie G.

Smash Hero
To elaborate on this, we only have room for five more fighters once semi-clone newcomers and the three next veterans are accounted for. From these five fighters, at least four are veterans, and at least two of these veterans are semi-clones.
So for clarification, we have one more batch of two semiclones to fill out after this one is decided right? I'm assuming this particular vote is for someone to more or less fill the role of Lucas, and then wrapping up with Toon Link / Wolf?

In that case, I feel like it wouldn't hurt to just grab two from this batch since I suspect Dark Samus or Toon Link are just popular names that will show up again (with Lyn being the clear frontrunner rn). Either way is fine... unless you were also thinking of letting us vote on whoever we want to fill those last two roles, cloned veteran and newcomer alike? I'm just curious, you should play it out the way you like since you've been handling it well but maybe it would help to know the next couple prompts just so we know if there's another chance for certain characters later.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
So for clarification, we have one more batch of two semiclones to fill out after this one is decided right? I'm assuming this particular vote is for someone to more or less fill the role of Lucas, and then wrapping up with Toon Link / Wolf?

In that case, I feel like it wouldn't hurt to just grab two from this batch since I suspect Dark Samus or Toon Link are just popular names that will show up again (with Lyn being the clear frontrunner rn). Either way is fine... unless you were also thinking of letting us vote on whoever we want to fill those last two roles, cloned veteran and newcomer alike? I'm just curious, you should play it out the way you like since you've been handling it well but maybe it would help to know the next couple prompts just so we know if there's another chance for certain characters later.
I was thinking of having the final batch be two semi-clones like Toon Link/Wolf, and I’m fine adding two semi-clones here instead as one of or even both of Dark Samus/Toon Link would probably take the last two spots (Lucas is probably the only other choice where I could see a semi-clone join). Also, having two clones earlier does fit the scenario where Wolf was rushed and more last minute than the other fighters.

Remaining Jobs:

Submit a Fighter
Add in Two Veterans (Unique or Semi-Clone will really just depend on the prior job’s submissions)
Submit a Semi-Clone
Submit the Final Two Veterans

Do you think it’d be better just to vote for four veterans and then to let us choose our last unique fighter and semi-clone?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Do you think it’d be better just to vote for four veterans and then to let us choose our last unique fighter and semi-clone?
Up to you! I think either way works, was just kinda thinking out loud and figured I’d share. I feel like we probably shouldn’t go all in with all three semiclones this round at least, since maybe we’ll want to base one of the remaining characters off someone who hasn’t been added yet.

Like, Ness isn’t even here so Lucas can’t be a semiclone off anyone yet. Dixie Kong is also a valid choice that can’t be nominated yet. I think we could get away with locking in two characters this round if you’re comfortable with it, but the pool may widen and we should leave at least one space available for that. Or two as initially planned, whichever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom