• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeros Smash 4 Marth Guide

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Zero has released the latest in his Smash 4 video guides; this one covers Marth. This guide, like his previous videos on Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff, provides a moveset analysis and discusses the character's pros and cons and general strategies.

Hopefully this helps anybody who wants to learn Marth in Smash 4. You guys can check out more guides and videos by Zero on his Youtube channel.
What do you guys think of the guide? Did this help you? Leave you thoughts in the comments.

Check out Michael's stream for more smash content.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I wonder if he will ever make a Mewtwo guide. I could really use it xD.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
So I guess that means we're getting his tier list a week late as well

Elite Smasher

Elite Smash Expert & Smashologist
NNID
Justin3
3DS FC
4253-3537-8467
Could we please get a grip on reality!? Can we stop worshiping this man!? Seriously! If people actually cared, then they would have subscribed to him already. Stop wasting posts dedicated to this!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Could we please get a grip on reality!? Can we stop worshiping this man!? Seriously! If people actually cared, then they would have subscribed to him already. Stop wasting posts dedicated to this!
If you don't like ZeRo, that's cool, but when someone gets a rep like current best player of Sm4sh, that person is gonna get some respect in the Smash community. I'm not subscribed, but I tune into ZeRo regularly. Besides, isn't the post more about how to help Marth users, rather than the fact that it's ZeRo?

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Why are so many people calling for Marth buffs? I say that he's middle tier at the very least.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Hmm first Jiggs now Marth. Is Zero doing the Melee God's mains?

Elite Smasher

Elite Smash Expert & Smashologist
NNID
Justin3
3DS FC
4253-3537-8467
If you don't like ZeRo, that's cool, but when someone gets a rep like current best player of Sm4sh, that person is gonna get some respect in the Smash community. I'm not subscribed, but I tune into ZeRo regularly. Besides, isn't the post more about how to help Marth users, rather than the fact that it's ZeRo?
You are right in that it should be focused on Marth help, but it's not. The picture for this post is Zero's banner and literally the first word is "Zero".

Last edited:

Mr.ケイ

Smash Apprentice
It's a shame Marth sucks so much he was my main since Melee, but due to his speed, range, and most importantly (for me at least) his spike nerf, he's no longer any fun to play as.

D

Deleted member

You are right in that it should be focused on Marth help, but it's not. The picture for this post is Zero's banner and literally the first word is "Zero".
The title isn't "Zero does a video", the title is "Zero Smash 4 Marth Guide".

I'll translate this for you:
"The most renowned Smash 4 player in the world has advice which will help you get better with Marth in Smash Bros 4."

Ergo, it's to validate the advice which is given, because it is advice given by an extremely good player.

Sooo, yeah, it is actually mainly about the Marth help. And it helps that it comes from someone who knows what they're talking about.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Zero is less likable then Leffen which is a notable achievement. Something about his face :\ and his scarf and his voice and stuff like this:

In a long post to the r/SmashBros subreddit, ZeRo appealed for calm resolution, but he didn’t shy away from the larger stakes involved.

“I am here to tell you that we're slowly partaking in actions that progressively hurt our community and game,” Barrios wrote. “The fact that there is a considerable amount of players who would not support their game, in the largest event to date of its existence, is something we can't take lightly.”
It annoys me how he tries to come across almost as a smash politican lol. If you want to engage in communal diplomacy fix your face, lose the scarf, and maybe I'll take you seriously.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I remember how I used to **** my pants whenever I fought a Marth in Brawl. Now I just laugh. How the mighty have fallen. (Not that I'm complaining, that's one less bad matchup for Mario).

Teyo

Smash Rookie
It's not like there's a limit to posts. Seriously, if you don't care about this just skip over it and move on. This being posted doesn't stop other things you might care about from being so as well.

D

Deleted member

If you want to engage in communal diplomacy fix your face, lose the scarf, and maybe I'll take you seriously.
I agree. We should judge people by their appearance only, and disregard any ties they may have with their loved ones. Speaking of which, you should prove that you're attractive and that you don't respect your parents so that you can be taken seriously as well.

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
I'd like to see ZeRo lobby for certain characters who could really use buffs. (And no I don't play Charizard) If anyone could lobby Sakurai (or whoever does the patches), he definitely could.

And Marth tips? Nothing new there. :awesome: Nice guide though.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
The people who should be most dissatisfied with smash 4 and saying "sakurai, wtf?" Are DK mains and marth mains. Just amazing the direct things they did to those characters to make them bad. Marth not being able to have largely ANY combo strings is ridiculous, and in what world is it OK to give someone terrible getup options from the ledge where getting punished is largely guaranteed vs the top tier characters and many others? (DK). Terrible, just terrible. Then again sakurai hates DK and nerfed him badly from 64 to melee too, we were lucky he was as good as he was in brawl. DK probably gave sakurai more nightmares than metaknight did in brawl. Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
The people who should be most dissatisfied with smash 4 and saying "sakurai, wtf?" Are DK mains and marth mains. Just amazing the direct things they did to those characters to make them bad. Marth not being able to have largely ANY combo strings is ridiculous, and in what world is it OK to give someone terrible getup options from the ledge where getting punished is largely guaranteed vs the top tier characters and many others? (DK). Terrible, just terrible. Then again sakurai hates DK and nerfed him badly from 64 to melee too, we were lucky he was as good as he was in brawl. DK probably gave sakurai more nightmares than metaknight did in brawl. Sorry had to get that off my chest.
TLDR : SAKURAIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Marth is still pretty bad*ss for a character who was extremely nerfed. However, I miss the Ken combo as it was in Melee. You still can do it, but it's not a true combo anymore.

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704
I don't really agree with Zero with alot of things, but I sure am glad that this is out!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
*sigh* Another "Sakurai hates DK" conspiracy nutjob.

D

Deleted member

Fix your face, lose the scarf, and maybe I'll take you seriously.
You have some nerve to tell somebody to "fix" their face. Should he get plastic surgery just to please you? And why the hell do you care what type of clothing he chooses to wear? It's a piece of fabric that doesn't affect you in the least.

Maybe you should fix your attitude since you're being idiotic and ridiculously superficial.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
You have some nerve to tell somebody to "fix" their face. Should he get plastic surgery just to please you? And why the hell do you care what type of clothing he chooses to wear? It's a piece of fabric that doesn't affect you in the least.

Maybe you should fix your attitude since you're being idiotic and ridiculously superficial.
I agree. We should judge people by their appearance only, and disregard any ties they may have with their loved ones. Speaking of which, you should prove that you're attractive and that you don't respect your parents so that you can be taken seriously as well.
I'm sorry, I was wrong to have felt that way. I hope I didn't offend anyone, please accept my apologies.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, I was wrong to have felt that way. I hope I didn't offend anyone, please accept my apologies.
No worries. You're free to dislike Zero all you want, but those comments about his appearance were simply not to be complied with. Glad you saw that it was wrong though.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
No worries. You're free to dislike Zero all you want, but those comments about his appearance were simply not to be complied with. Glad you saw that it was wrong though.
jk lel i dont like him hes ugly

Last edited:

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704
I think the reason Marth was so much worse in this game is because the developers expected us to hit the tipper every single time.

Top Bottom