• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo Discusses His Top Five Characters In Smash For Wii U

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
With the balance patch that came with version 1.0.6 many players wondered and discussed who might be the best characters in the current meta game. Smash Invitational invitee and Apex 2015 Smash for Wii U winner ZeRo has been on a tear taking first place at every Smash for Wii U tournament he attends, and he's made a video discussing who he thinks the best five characters are currently in the meta. to note this is note tier list of any kind, just a breakdown of the characters he currently finds to be the most potent.

Whether of not players agree or disagree with the list, it is interesting to see what top players think of the current metagame. Will these predictions prove true? Only time can tell...

SmashCapps wants to mention that ZeRo gave a nod to Pikachu in the Youtube comments as well. Players can find ZeRo on Twitter @ZeRoSSB. To discuss this and keep up with all things Smash follow SmashCapps on Twitter.

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
Loving ZeRo's higher quality. Even though I disagree with him on some of his views I gotta respect the guy.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I feel like half of the smashboards news updates are just links to zero youtube videos.
We've covered three of his videos lately as they've been really good. Before that we honestly hadn't been covering much of his stuff. It makes me happy he's upping his quality and covering more relevant content, we can always use more good and constant content for smash!

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Welp, Diddy's still good in this game, with his combo options still present even before the nerf. But at least he lacks kill power now. :)

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
I agree with his picks but I think a few characters are close.

Never count :4falcon: out.
Seriously. It's really annoying. Zero this, Zero that. I don't care. Nobody cares.
He just happens to be arguably the best Smash 4 player right now. I'd like to think that his opinion matters.

Last edited:

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
Seriously. It's really annoying. Zero this, Zero that. I don't care. Nobody cares.
I'd say that there are plenty more people care than there are like you that don't/hate ZeRo.

It's not like there's that many other people continually making so many good quality videos about Smash 4 at the moment anyway.

Although I'm not sure how much I agree with this video, but it's a pretty subjective thing at the moment so disagreements are natural I guess.

BuTTNutz

Smash Apprentice
what was that tier list at the begining at the video? It is extremely inaccurate. Mega-Man, Pikachu and Ness in the D tier? And Luigi ( a character that ZeRo mentions IN THIS VIDEO) in the E tier?

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
what was that tier list at the begining at the video? It is extremely inaccurate. Mega-Man, Pikachu and Ness in the D tier? And Luigi ( a character that ZeRo mentions IN THIS VIDEO) in the E tier?
That was the week 1 tier list. Look at how far we've com.....plained about Hoo-hah.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Zero Suit *clap clap* Samus!

I think she'll stay awesome.

OHMYNESS!

Smash Rookie
Ikr

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Supposedly it's some Japanese Tier list. But yeah, it's bull****. I main Pika, and the rat racks up damage. Plus, some suprisingly good kill options. Dat Up-Smash

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
We could name Luigi's Down-Throw to F-Air. This combo, with Luigi being considered one of the Top-Tiers (not only by ZeRo), may become a staple for now.
There are many people who care, like myself. ZeRo is the best player at Sm4sh for now, meaning that his opinions are much more special than anyone else; he knows more, therefore he may be right in those predictions. Why so many people hate him? Just because he goes for the best characters? I can't understand this. I could understand if he was a douche who laughs at everyone, but the guy literally gives his e-mail for contact to help competitive newcomers. And, no, don't tell me because of MK/Diddy/Fox, because thousands of competitive players main Top-tiers.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
That's really cool that ZeRo believes Ness is 4th!
It's really cool he realizes both how underrated Luigi is and how overrated Sonic is.

I think Pikachu could be a serious top 5 candidate as well.

It's crazy how Pikachu, Fox, and Sheik are all either really good or at least viable in each Smash game.

Tokis

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashB_Tokis
3DS FC
1478-3110-1670
> When zero uses donkey kong

BuTTNutz

Smash Apprentice
Supposedly it's some Japanese Tier list. But yeah, it's bull****. I main Pika, and the rat racks up damage. Plus, some suprisingly good kill options. Dat Up-Smash
Not to mention I'm a Mega-Man main, and I'm not a tourney player but have they not seen Zucco, NinjaLink and StlyesX2. Plus that aint falco!.......in the d tier

Last edited:

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
Who mentioned melee lol
People who don't like Smash 4 also don't like Brawl. Brawl players moved to Smash 4. I made the assumption he's a Melee fanboy cause they're the ones who pop up more than the actual, accepting Melee players

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I rest my case of luigi still having his weaknesses overlooked.
Luigi tends to win against top tier characters, that's why he is so viable. But what people don't see is his flaw of being easily spaced. His match up with villiger is out right terrible for him for example.
Luigi has plenty of bad match ups, people just don't realize what they are.

DJ Arson

Smash Rookie
This is super neato burrito.

Zero's opinion probably matters the most because he wins all the time. Actually all the time. This isn't to say we should all follow his lead and flock to him for answers, but rather learn from what he has to say and apply it to your game.

Luigi and Ness are super cool and have a lot going for them. They have some good match-ups against "higher tier" characters and can be an optimal second character in the even you lose with your main.

There's always room for improvement with every character, but to understand why these characters are played the most is important to know and knowing will only benefit you as a player.

Top Bottom