• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda changes discussion

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
This topic has started in other threads, so I thought everyone might want a specific place to take about the rumored changes to Zelda. Rest of original post retracted, I wrote it when I was REALLY ticked and didn't realize how negative I was sounding.

Sorry if I offended you.

If we could get a proposed change list to reflect on that would be great!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

why ask for a discussion if you don't want people to bring ideas to the table. horribly stupid. 0/10.

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
Can this seriously get an answer? Stupid or not, Zelda is rumored to be getting changed. Is this true? I think everyone on the zelda boards deserves an answer.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Umbreon can confirm as a matter of fact, that Zelda is being changed. He played a dev build.

"She is way more like Melee, and less like a DBZ character" < to semi-quote him.

Also, the first post is exactly the OPPOSITE of how we should be acting. Calling everyone who agrees with any change a moron... "We'll get no sympathy from them" Or the PMBR for that matter.

I do hope these changes aren't TOO Meleefying though, because Melee zelda was a disaster that shouldn't be brought back. > , >

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Becareful, pika-thunder, I know your mad but they'll never listen to us like this. Just spread the word on Whitelightnin's zelda balance thread. Maybe the PMBR will actually look at it and realize that the players just need to learn the matchup.
And I hope they will not put us through such a bad period such as a melee version...

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
Hey I know this has been dead for a while, but how does everyone feel about giving Zelda a float? A float would get her off of the bottom of everyone's tier lists.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I don't think Zelda is at the bottom of the tier list at all. Look at how Salem plays her. He's next to unstoppable.
Agreed. I second that but with KoreanDJ. I'm starting to feel his way of playing her could be a small step closer to the optimal future Zelda play.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I don't think Zelda is at the bottom of the tier list at all. Look at how Salem plays her. He's next to unstoppable.
http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-video-discussion.333414/page-2
He's not listed in the Top Players by Character Redux thread.
Could we collaborate to add and critique more videos of Zelda play, both good and bad, here?
Videos are worth a thousand words. I currently don't have a means of capturing high quality footage of my gameplay, and I'm still looking for a means to improve given my situation. I don't have a car, the scene in my area isn't that big, and no one else that I play with truly mains Zelda. I've seen Dolphin mentioned a few times, and I haven't tried it out. I have a 4+ year old laptop that isn't a gaming or high powered PC. Some YouTube accounts list tournament matches by players handles rather than the characters they play. Furthermore, some videos on YouTube will be outdated since Zelda has changed significantly since her initial release. Ugh. I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't even know where to begin.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-video-discussion.333414/page-2
He's not listed in the Top Players by Character Redux thread.
Could we collaborate to add and critique more videos of Zelda play, both good and bad, here?
Videos are worth a thousand words. I currently don't have a means of capturing high quality footage of my gameplay, and I'm still looking for a means to improve given my situation. I don't have a car, the scene in my area isn't that big, and no one else that I play with truly mains Zelda. I've seen Dolphin mentioned a few times, and I haven't tried it out. I have a 4+ year old laptop that isn't a gaming or high powered PC. Some YouTube accounts list tournament matches by players handles rather than the characters they play. Furthermore, some videos on YouTube will be outdated since Zelda has changed significantly since her initial release. Ugh. I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't even know where to begin.
I haven't seen many for 3.0, but just search Zelda project M and you get a ton.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I haven't seen many for 3.0, but just search Zelda project M and you get a ton.
I'll look on YouTube again, and I agree that there isn't much serious footage of 3.0 Zelda.
We've had 3.0 for nearly 4 months now; I wouldn't want to get too accustomed to this version, especially since it's rumored that she'll be considerably different in the next major release.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I'll look on YouTube again, and I agree that there isn't much serious footage of 3.0 Zelda.
We've had 3.0 for nearly 4 months now; I wouldn't want to get too accustomed to this version, especially since it's rumored that she'll be considerably different in the next major release.
If you think like that, why play Project M at all? Just stick to the main games. Things change all the time in PM. That's part of the fun.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
If you think like that, why play Project M at all? Just stick to the main games. Things change all the time in PM. That's part of the fun.
I tend to be a neutral or negative person. I enjoy Project M, and I have not interest in playing Brawl.
I don't own Melee, and I've only played it briefly once or twice.
I don't own Smash 64 either.
I'll be sticking with PM. I just have "mood swings" with the game; sometimes playing Zelda is fun, while other times it's frustrating.
Well, it's starting to get frustrating and less fun a little more often.
My competition is catching on to me, and other players are just flat out better at the game.
I haven't experienced a greatly effective method of changing things.
I've seen videos, but I learn more from doing rather than reading or observing, and there are plenty of things that one doesn't pick up from footage or discussions alone.

Top Bottom