• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet another [maybe new, probably impractical] desync

hohep

Smash Rookie
Hi friends, I have been lurking on these boards for a while so it's nice to have a relevant reason to post. Hopefully this isn't an old discovery, but it's similar to the no setup jump desync Fly found.

Anyway, I was taking a look at Kadano's stickmap images in melee, and I noticed that during wait animation, there was a thin line between neutral-b and down-b that was disabled.

I wondered what would happen if I pressed B then, and I found that only Nana shoots an ice block. If you do it in the air, then you will blizzard as Nana shoots an ice block, which is also cool, but she blizzards when the ice block is over so it's less useful. You can also do it while walking.

I can't exactly get this reliably in neutral but I drew a line that I could line up with the bottom of my octagon which helped me get it sometimes. It's the point between neutral b and down b, so you can get it with a little trial and error too. It still has the problem that you're looking at your controller when you should probably be looking at the screen though. The precision required makes it impractical for tournament play probably, and if anything it'll only see use in TAS or handwarmers.

tl;dr: press b between neutral b and down b and Nana will ice block

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Sounds like too much precision, unless a new tech for super precise stick movement is discovered. Atleast if it's just a single degree, like for the other one. I guess you can do this upwards too.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Very good line of thinking and creativity! Someone has posted about this before, but it's buried in a single page of the Ice Climbers General Chat thread so probably no more than 3-4 people have heard of it. It is quite difficult to do since you can't guide the control stick into a notch, like you can for most of the other sensitivity desynchs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom