• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xerom's Repository of Miscellaneous Modifications - *Notice*

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You're probably wondering why I haven't dropped anything in the past few months, or not; let alone said anything. That can be summed up to my computer dying and me losing all of my stuff. It's also why the OP is still a broken mess. Anyway sometime in the future I'll revive the thread or start a new one.

*--------old stuff---------*
*currently under construction*

Hi. I make things, occasionally, for myself. Thought I'd share with others because that's what good people do.

Might as well throw this in here. Still being worked on over the course of whenever. Do note the image above showcases how this menu appears in the Patt Anderson build.

Thank you Luigifan
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203154

Fourside X
??? World
Norfair (Backdrop)
Japes X
Corneria X
Corneria Tour
Misc Stage Mods
Questions? Go ahead.
I update whenever.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hi. I make things, occasionally, for myself. Thought I'd share with others because that's what good people do.

the magic of jrpgs (lol is it even a jrpg) and smash. Doesn't desync.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204368

My ideal Delfino stage. Fight takes place in front of the statue. There are 5 platform 'phases' that go along with the stage: 2 3 4 5
Bowser Jr. can also be seen running around causing mischief in the background.

This was phase 1 if you hadn't guessed

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204721

'X' simply because it's my interpretation of a balanced stage, and not +'s or P:M's.
A rebalanced Brinstar, with only a few minor animation issues.
Finally.

the breakable orbs in the center have been removed and both sides of the stage has been pushed together. Everything else is aesthetic.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204718

Soopercool has a similar vision to what I wanted in a balanced NPC. Upon opening the file I discovered that he removed the 3rd center platform (probably for size reasons idk) as well as the limo. So I simply re-added them in and adjusted the background so it isn't so far away.

It was a bit of a stretch if you know what I mean

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dgkexx1eu7u9cfo/NPC_Edit.rar

The first vBrawl stage I wanted neutral-ish. Layout is similar to Super Smash Land's "Underground."
Structure on the right functions as a weird wall-staircase. There's and elevator on the right. Moving platform above the main stage. Etc. Oh and there's a hole. That's neat, right.

****ing Hammer Bros.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204569

Now here's something unique. Unlike the original stage where the blocks just crush you and are a total obstruction, certain blocks will protrude from their formations to act as wall/platforms as so:

It still needs a bit of collision bugfixing. The first tier of block act as solid walls/ceilings (lol), while the ones after function as normal platforms. That's what I'm aiming for but bugfixes, yeah.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oplletpvbu8ugls/Tetris.rar

If you're familiar with the stage, you'd know how gorgeous it is. You'd also know just how large it is. You're now restricted to the bridge area and the two leaves that accompany it. It's still large as hell tho. More of a balanced-casual stage.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/psp8kgzjyvw24ud/Mushroom_Mix_edit.rar

Not much to say here. If you're familiar with the original stage, you'd know it lacked platforms, so I've added 3 in a reverse BF layout.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tmop83jqnqio4sm/AA_Courtroom.rar

Lensho's GGG resized and shortened with a few minor background edits. Nothing special.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tu4l3qit1m6dow2/Green_Grove_Galaxy_Neutral.rar

Might as well throw this in here. Still being worked on over the course of whenever.

Do note that it looks more or less like ^this photo (without the not-so satisfactory csps of course) than the top one. That version is exclusive to pat anderson's build.
Thank you Luigifan

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203154

:porttown:
Questions? Go ahead.
I update whenever.
Quick question: I tried to edit the layout of the Mushroom Kingdom X stage, and I noticed something. The SCN0 in the version with Brawl textures isn't from the original stage, at least by the look of how visible the objects in the background were.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You're right, that's because I simply extracted the model from the original mushroomy kingdom stage. Applying the brawl textures were a last minute thing as I was focusing on the NSMBU textures. If you want, I can apply the SCN0.

Rage83

Smash Ace
You're right, that's because I simply extracted the model from the original mushroomy kingdom stage. Applying the brawl textures were a last minute thing as I was focusing on the NSMBU textures. If you want, I can apply the SCN0.
If you could apply the SCN0, that would be great.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Wow! That's some pretty cool stuff! Gonna try out Green Grove (can't believe i missed this on the vault) and Newpork for sure. Do you happen to have SSP/Stage Preview files for Green Grove? :)

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Updated Brinstar: X. Restored majority of the animations as well as included a Metroid version.

Wow! That's some pretty cool stuff! Gonna try out Green Grove (can't believe i missed this on the vault) and Newpork for sure. Do you happen to have SSP/Stage Preview files for Green Grove? :)
I'll make them in a second.
If you could apply the SCN0, that would be great.
I've attempted to import the SCN0 several times, but they give the same effect. I'll keep looking into it and let you know if I find a solution. Not that it's that big of a problem.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Updated with:

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
These are the best and most unique balanced versions of stages I've seen. no more battlefield and Dracula's Castle replicas.

Where's the Kingdom Hearts stage over Final Destination!? Lol I know you have it, stop holding out.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Hey, you're quite a pro at this!

How long have you been modding?
Thanks! I've been experienced with general brawl modding since '10-'11. Late '13 is when I first began working on more advance mods, like stages. Trying to learn 3ds max too so I can contribute more original content.

These are the best and most unique balanced versions of stages I've seen. no more battlefield and Dracula's Castle replicas.

Where's the Kingdom Hearts stage over Final Destination!? Lol I know you have it, stop holding out.
Shhhh. It'll happen soon.

Last edited:

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
These are pretty cool. I downloaded the Final Destination, and two others. I also have your Pillar CSS. Best thing ever, although there is a bug in it. Overall I love your work, and look forward to the rest of it :)

EDIT: Does anyone happen to have the SSS portraits for your Final Destination? They would be well appreciated :)

Last edited:

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
I really like your stuff, especially the characters.

But seriously, some of the stages have a really good design, the New Pork City edit is one of my favorites.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Thanks! I've been experienced with general brawl modding since '10-'11. Late '13 is when I first began working on more advance mods, like stages. Trying to learn 3ds max too so I can contribute more original content.

Are you open for collabs?

I'm planning on doing a balanced version of this stage:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22785

Seeing your pretty creative on platform placing, I would like to ask;

Could you help me please?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Do you take requests?
Because I'd really like a balanced version of Melee Yoshi's Island. Its my favorite map and it was replaced in PM by the new Yoshi's Island.

It could be just a retex of the current Yoshi's Island, with some extra stuff from Super Mario World added in the background. Like Lakitus instead of Shy Guys.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I could do a retexture, or I could do this:

Just needs some lighting fixes in this version. And it'll be up.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I could do a retexture, or I could do this:

Just needs some lighting fixes in this version. And it'll be up.
I love you. This is freaking awesome. Do the blocks flip when hit or are they just platforms? Either or, its so good. please let me have this.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I love you. This is freaking awesome. Do the blocks flip when hit or are they just platforms? Either or, its so good. please let me have this.
they flip. I wanted to keep that in tact.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Awesome! So what about the background, is there going to be landmasses in the background for aesthetics like in the old one? And Banzai Bills and Lakitus?
Yeah. Everything is there.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

2x BALANCE COMBO

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
This thing is sweet. Any way to put it over somewhere else like Frigate Orpheon or something? I actually enjoy the one PM provides.
Rel port.
http://www.lakora.us/rel/

on the left side choose yoshi's island melee, and on the right side choose frigate. You'll then get a file named "st_orpheon.rel"

Rename the stage to STGORPHEON and put both files on the sd card.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
If the first Yoshi's Island stage redux isn't balanced enough for competitive, I'd like to see the blocks replaced with the clouds from SMW, but that would require new models/textures to be made.

Also, are you also planning to make a new competitive Green Hill Zone? Because that would be awesome too.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This guy has helped me with all of my PM problems. I think he's a god.

This guy does stages and stuff. He IS a god. (The PM god)

Hey, what does the Ace Attorney thing go over?

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Goes over FD by default. There's a rel included in the dl if you want to port it.

If the first Yoshi's Island stage redux isn't balanced enough for competitive, I'd like to see the blocks replaced with the clouds from SMW, but that would require new models/textures to be made.

Also, are you also planning to make a new competitive Green Hill Zone? Because that would be awesome too.
I didn't plan on redoing stages that P:M already did. Besides, there are plenty of GHZ balance edits out there. No need for another one, right? I may consider it after I'm done with the current agenda.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Goes over FD by default. There's a rel included in the dl if you want to port it.

I didn't plan on redoing stages that P:M already did. Besides, there are plenty of GHZ balance edits out there. No need for another one, right? I may consider it after I'm done with the current agenda.
Can it go over anything?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'm sure it can. Well maybe except Castle Siege. FD stages don't work on that slot.
I have mine on a custom slot and it works fine.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
yeah, pretty much.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Would you be able to possibly add some Wheelie's in the background of Halberd that are driving around?

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
For some reason the Pillar CSS isn't working for me. I replaced the Misc30/40/70 with brawlbox and used the fusionizer to fuse the codes, but it still doesn't show up in game. Did I miss replacing something?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Would you be able to possibly add some Wheelie's in the background of Halberd that are driving around?
That was on the original to-do list. I'll get around to it after other things are taken care of.

This is pretty sweet! I really like how you incorporated the unique properties of Yoshi's Island into this stage. I wish more people would do stuff like that :p
Sandfall complemented my stage :nervous:

Is there a possible way for that Courtroom to have SFX?
As much as I'd love to hear wright and edgeworth go back and forth, I don't think it's possible, or at least within my abilities to program the game to read sound for a FD based stage.

For some reason the Pillar CSS isn't working for me. I replaced the Misc30/40/70 with brawlbox and used the fusionizer to fuse the codes, but it still doesn't show up in game. Did I miss replacing something?
Really now? Can you walk through the steps you performed?

On a side note, I'm working on an Eldin edit, but I'm skeptical on whether or not I should release it.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
My Courtroom is over Frigate Orpheon.

Is that possible?
I'm still not sure. Take warioware for example; the version I have is ported over a custom slot, resulting in no microgame sounds.

Top Bottom