• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WY Gaming League Fundraising For Local Youth Smash Group

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

WY Gaming League has launched an Indiegogo campaign with the goal of providing "quality Smash content across the world and give younger audiences a shot in eSports that seemed nearly impossible to reach" by starting a youth Smash group in the Chicagoland area. Their fundraising goal is $3,000 dollars which is being raised to get themselves Wii U consoles with Gamecube adapters and streaming equipment. Here is a snipet from their campaign:

"Some kids don’t have the ability to play traditional sports and we here at WY Gaming League want to provide a safe space where young cyber athletes can hone their skills and grow as players and people. The staff at WY Gaming League have made lasting friendships through Smash and would like to share those opportunities with people both here in Chicago and also across the world on our stream. If the campaign succeeds, it shows that there is proof that people are interested in seeing the growth of youth eSports, as well as allowing ways to others to expand in ways similar to us."

The campaign will end in 59 days from the time of writing. For those interested in the project or would like to donate, you can find it here.

SmashCapps wishes them the best of luck and hopes to see their project funded! To discuss this or keep up with all things Smash follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
This is great, I'm glad the Smash community is giving back!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My brotha in the back look like he gonna 2 stock someone in real life LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
It's always nice to see new communities want to become part of the Smash community, which in turn allows for our community to blossom by the second. I really do hope that they will receive the proper funding needed in order to start their streaming career as part of the Smash community! Simply sharing and spreading the word is a good start for them and I hope they get the support they need.

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I personally know their struggle. It feels almost impossible as a young gamer to break into the local competitive scene without being taken as a complete noob. I hope their campaign ends well, and I really hope that this inspires others to lead a similar cause.

Last edited:

Defyler

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty young and I personally would rather see Melee than Smash 4 and I think you should branch out to Melee if this is a success. Lots of my friends at high school actually prefer Melee over Sm4sh this is really exciting news and I hope that it works!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd love to join, visit, or start something similar.
I'm glad this is a thing; kids like myself are pretty directionless when it comes to finding e-sports, and I've only recently made tourney appearances as a result. Seeing as I might not have even gone to most of my recent tourneys without my friends looking for Smash events themselves, I'm really glad to see a group like this that prioritizes community.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
That's a great initiative! It is really hard at that age to get very present in the eSports scene, mainly because of school. I hope everything goes well!

Last edited:

meda9871

Smash Cadet
NNID
meda9871
3DS FC
2895-7619-5918
I'm pretty young and I personally would rather see Melee than Smash 4 and I think you should branch out to Melee if this is a success. Lots of my friends at high school actually prefer Melee over Sm4sh this is really exciting news and I hope that it works!
I wanted to say thank you for you reminded me of the part that I forgot to put in the information. If you check now, it gives all the information towards other games that we are not doing the funding for(tl;dr already have it or we don't).

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
That's great! It'd be neat if I had something similar to go to.

Top Bottom