• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALM5252's Stages (Pyrosphere Released! page 2)

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Hi, I'm ALM5252 and welcome to my thread! I'm going to be posting stages that I have either edited or made from scratch! I hope you like any and all stages that I put up for download. I also make character textures, mainly recolors, and they are all available on my BrawlVault. Give them a look, you might like something!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

OLD INTRO: Hi guys, so I made a Wuhu Island stage for Project M (or any other version on Brawl). It is a battlefield style stage that flies around Wuhu Island, kinda like Delfino Plaza (even uses some of the platforms). I been working on it for a long time.

Wuhu Island

There are three versions, day, night, and sunset.

Wuhu Island Day

The lighting for the main stage needs to be fixed. I tried but can't fix it. The platforms appear baby blue and the glass looks green.

Wuhu Island Night

Wuhu Island Sunset

There are probably a few little things I can try to fix, but so far I've done everything I can on my own. I'm not much of a stage builder. Mewtwo2000 helped out on a few things. Just thought I'd leave it here to see what you all thought. I really would like this to be an "official" Project M stage so that it can have more unique stages compared to Brawl, but that seems unlikely.

The newer versions of the stage have not been uploaded yet, but I have an older version of the stage available to download.

They are ready for download! Download the pack here.
Wuhu Island Pack (Day, Night, and Sunset)

As I said, I mainly made it for Project M and to be a competitive friendly Battlefield style stage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Other Stages

Wuhu Plane Ride + Day, Night, and Sunset

If you're interested in a wacky-er styled Wuhu Island stage, download my Plane Ride version. Hope everyone likes it!

Wuhu Destination + Day, Night, and Sunset

Wuhu Destination was made to be WiFi friendly for Final Destination. I don't know if I succeeded in it being WiFi friendly, so if it is great! It was also a personal thing too as I am going to download the WiFi version of Project M 2.6b, and use it over default Final Destination. Just thought I would share it.

Green Hill Zone (Sonic Generations) for Project M 2.6b

Bomberman Battle Arena (Pack) V1

I have been wanting to update this stage, but just never gotten around to it.​

My first 3D Stage ever (custom made), and it's based on Bomberman's Stage from "DreamMix TV World Fighters" with small adjustments to accommodate Smash Bros.​
Fun to play with Bombs and Explosives set to high!​
Wooden Boxes act like platforms; you can jump through them and stuff.​

Download them, check them out, and give me opinions. Thanks!

Small Updates Available Exclusively Here

Wuhu Plane Ride (Day) Camera Update
Please do NOT upload this version to the BrawlVault or anywhere else. I will upload it when I feel it is complete. Thanks! :)

210stuna

Smash Lord
The main platform on the Plane Ride is passable. Meaning a missed wavedash could lead to a single death, and also the camera doesn't move to the new plane when it comes close enough. There's no indication it's coming, or from where other than you're about to die off screen so you better jump somewhere and hope it's underneath you.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
The main platform on the Plane Ride is passable. Meaning a missed wavedash could lead to a single death, and also the camera doesn't move to the new plane when it comes close enough. There's no indication it's coming, or from where other than you're about to die off screen so you better jump somewhere and hope it's underneath you.
As I said, I'm not much of a stager. But I do know what you are talking about. I tried to do something similar to Rumble Falls vBrawl where it says "Speed Up" only to say "Next Plane" but it would disappear into the sky when it popped up. Don't know how to fix that, I have tried, believe me. And for the camera, I'm not sure how to make it move to the next plane. I was thinking of making it a fixed camera stage, but don't know how to go about that. :(

That version of the stage was made entirely for fun because a friend wanted a stage similar to the new PilotWings stage from Smash 4. I am still looking to fix that version, believe me. haha

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
This stage is quite nice!
Thank you!

Anyways, I've tried editing my older post, but it wouldn't let me, and I didn't want to double post.
What I was wanting to say is that, if anyone on the forums can help with some of the issues I have (For Wuhu Island and Wuhu Plane Ride), it would be great and I will collaborate you on the BrawlVault (if you have an account). If interested and are familiar with stage making, send me a PM. I need a lot of help since I'm such a noob. But atleast I'm trying to make a quality stage and hopefully Project M can use it! That's my farfetched goal TBH. :)

Also, I'll probably post the Daytime Wuhu Island sometime for people to try and see what they think of it hands on.

210stuna

Smash Lord
The Plane Ride stage was quite lovely visually speaking. I felt like I was really fighting on a plane throughout the entire gorgeous island.

It has potential my friend, it has potential.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
The Plane Ride stage was quite lovely visually speaking. I felt like I was really fighting on a plane throughout the entire gorgeous island.

It has potential my friend, it has potential.
Thank you, that actually means a lot. This weekend I'll work on the Plane Ride version some more to be much more Project M friendly and an overall better experience for everyone. I'll look into either a camera shifting or fixed camera option. I'll also see if I can get my original idea of "Next Plane" showing up to work. :)

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Yeah, it's a model. It's literally the same model from Rumble Falls vBrawl where it says hurry up, only a different texture to say "Next Plane". It works in game, just it disappears into the sky (as in the Blue from the sky texture covers it up even though it's super far away). I was thinking of using a modified stage builder block to see if it works since I'm sure it's a material issue. I do not know how to edit materials and stuff.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hey, Alm. I remember trying out your Plane Ride about a week ago without knowing who made it. It's really good, man, minus a few small things. Thanks for putting in the work for something that cool.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Since it is a model, can you just animate it so that it just blinks at the right time? Also, I'd suggest adding arrows as a separate model so you can rotate the arrows to let the players know where the next plane is at, but that's just me though.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Since it is a model, can you just animate it so that it just blinks at the right time? Also, I'd suggest adding arrows as a separate model so you can rotate the arrows to let the players know where the next plane is at, but that's just me though.
Yeah. I'm working on another one using a different model to see if that will work. I'll try out the other idea using the arrows. Sounds like a great idea. I just hope I can make it work. Lol :)

Hey, Alm. I remember trying out your Plane Ride about a week ago without knowing who made it. It's really good, man, minus a few small things. Thanks for putting in the work for something that cool.
Thanks, glad to know you like it. Sooner or later most of the kinks in the stage should be fixed and it will be 10x enjoyable. Haha I hope! xD

Dudex11a

Smash Rookie
Oh my god, thank you for making this. I made something similar to this a wile back but you're doing it so much better.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Oh my god, thank you for making this. I made something similar to this a wile back but you're doing it so much better.
Glad to know you like it! I used yours for a while and started fixing it up slowly at a time. I made many changes from the textures, to Mewtwo2000 animating the water and fixing the lighting.

Anyways, if it wasn't for your version, I would have never made these versions. :)

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Updated the OP to include Wuhu Destination. I will probably officially release V2 of Wuhu Island tomorrow (Day, Night, and Sunset versions).

As for a newer version of Plane Ride; I can't fix my "Next Plane" thing. When it shows up, it now has a black border around where it should be transparent. Don't know how to fix it. It uses a modified stage builder block compared to my last attempt. That's the only problem at the moment. Once I get that fixed, I'll finish animating it and will probably release it.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Is the background for Wuhu Destination animated? Really like the look of the 1st pic, I'll be sure to use it in my personal build.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Okay, so I made a small update to the Wuhu Plane Ride. It now has a fixed camera and non-fall through collisions.

The fixed camera should make the stage easier. Just remember to jump off before it's too late! You can't fall through the wings anymore.

Anyways, been trying to add the warning, but it still just won't come out transparent. So I decided on this for now. I might work on a whole new animation eventually.

EDIT:
Would also like to show off Sunset Wuhu Island in motion through a friendly match. :)

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I take it that the format change didn't work either?
Nope. I want to assume it's a material conflict / issue with the Caution and Sky. I don't know how to get that technical, so it's delayed at the moment. I did the next best thing in my opinion.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I would like to make a quick post saying that I finished a new animation for Wuhu Plane Ride. It'll be the official V2 once I finish everything else. At the moment, it uses the new camera update, and only one plane with no transitions. I plan on refining the main planes animations sometime, then adding in either transitions or a second plane that flies with the current one every now and then. If anyone does want me to post the "beta" of V2 just leave a comment and I'll add a Download link.

EDIT: A Video showing off the new Wuhu Plane Ride version. Not finished, but this is what it's like at the moment.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I've been making a new update for my Wuhu Plane Ride stage. Credit to DSX8 for getting the Biplane to have animated collisions.

I plan on making 3 different versions with 3 different sub-versions. (Day, Night, Sunset)

One version (as shown in the pictures above) is the "No Tilting" version, making it a great neutral stage.
The second version will be one that does Tilt to go with the way the stage animates.

The third version will be just like the second version, but have a plane transition midway through. Problem is that I can't make it an easy transition without it looking weird or randomly teleporting characters to the middle of the stage.

Falco is running on air because the collisions and the plane aren't cooperating. The plane goes into the background, but the collisions stay there. I need help finding a way to make this work seemlessly so people won't die easily. Ideas are welcomed.

I did make another version where the planes swap between the rideable and non-rideable versions to accomplish the transitions, but the characters teleport to the middle of the stage, right inside the Seaplane.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
The stage has been released. Comes with 4 separate packs each with 3 separate versions (Day/Night/Sunset). The Transitioning version has not been completed at the moment, so I hope you all can enjoy Wuhu Plane Ride v2 featuring the new Biplane in both a static and non-static version. :)

Video featuring the static/non-tilting version of the stage.

Link to the Download
Wuhu Plane Ride v2 (Biplane or Seaplane)

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Yes, I tried Wuhu Island and Wuhu plane ride on my build and they're working perfectly fine

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I'm sure they'll work, but I mean if they're updated for 3.02 as in if they have the updated camera that P:M uses now?
The version that I use does have the new Camera that is Project M ready. I haven not updated this because it didn't look like many people were interested in it. Lol

Here's the link for both the Tilting and Non-Tilting Biplane versions.

EDIT: If anyone is interested, I adapted DSX8's Dr. Wily's Castle for Project M.

It does not lag with One VS One, but will lag with 4 players.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So...I've been using a version of Dr. Wily's Castle that doesn't lag even with 4 players but I think it doesn't have the P:M 3.0 Camera
You think I should update it to this new version or leave it like that?

BTW, nice stages man I really love Wuhu Island and Wuhu Plane ride
I'm looking forward your next works, what are you planning to create next?

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
So...I've been using a version of Dr. Wily's Castle that doesn't lag even with 4 players but I think it doesn't have the P:M 3.0 Camera
You think I should update it to this new version or leave it like that?

BTW, nice stages man I really love Wuhu Island and Wuhu Plane ride
I'm looking forward your next works, what are you planning to create next?
Mind sending me the version you use? The one I had lagged, and I used the new brawlbox update that allowed less lag on models.

Anyways, yeah I would update if the lag won't bother your, but if you can send me the one you use, it would be great because I will update that one as well. :)

Right now I'm working on Great Bay. I'm getting some basic stuff done before doing the more ambitious stuff like animating the Turtle, Giants, and adding in a few Seagulls.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Yeah no problem, I'll upload it do my dropbox and I'll post it here

I have Great Bay too, the melee one
I downloaded a swimmable version too but haven't tested yet so I don't know it it works properly
Would you like those too?

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Yeah no problem, I'll upload it do my dropbox and I'll post it here

I have Great Bay too, the melee one
I downloaded a swimmable version too but haven't tested yet so I don't know it it works properly
Would you like those too?
Sure send that one too, the one I'm working on doesn't have swimmable water and I haven't bothered to check if it can be switched. Lol

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Top Bottom