• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you vote for Amy Rose in Smash 4?

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
With all these wonderful video game characters to choose from, Amy Rose is way low on priority to me. Her moves in Sonic Heroes did stick out from the rest of the playable Sonic characters, but that's just it for me. Plus, I'm pretty much one of those people who would concentrate on getting one character in.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, we can confirm that a few of the characters in the Sonic series won't be playable. These characters are:
  • Miles "Tails" Prower
  • Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Knuckles the Echidna
  • Silver the Hedgehog
As far as relevancy goes, Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik (full names for the win) would probably be the next to get in, then followed by Amy Rose. I'd prefer to bank on Eggman. As iconic to the series as Amy is, you can never go wrong with the main villain.

After all, he has the master plan. :)

D

Deleted member

Maybe just to get a little more lady on the roster.

1. I prefer tails

2. support threads need a little more than that to exist. if things dont get added threads tend to wind up locked.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Tails would be my first pick.
And then Knuckles.
And then Eggman.
And then Blaze.
...... and then after a bunch of other characters, Amy.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hmm, we can confirm that a few of the characters in the Sonic series won't be playable. These characters are:
  • Miles "Tails" Prower
  • Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Knuckles the Echidna
  • Silver the Hedgehog
As far as relevancy goes, Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik (full names for the win) would probably be the next to get in, then followed by Amy Rose. I'd prefer to bank on Eggman. As iconic to the series as Amy is, you can never go wrong with the main villain.

After all, he has the master plan. :)
Green Hill Zone's background on the 3DS version doesn't automatically rule out Tails or Knuckles. Shadow is ruled out because of Assist Trophy status, and Silver won't get in for many reasons. Someone went into the Tails thread thinking that, but I made a solid argument on why that doesn't mean anything. But in short, if the team thinks making the DLC will make people happy... cameos on a PAST stage wouldn't discourage them. (And besides, there's examples of characters being a background element but they are playable in the game with both New Stage and Past Stage examples. You have Villager(/s) in Smashville and Fox & Falco in Arwings in the Star Fox stages.)

On topic, if a 2nd Sonic rep happens, the list of likelihood is this: Tails > Knuckles > Dr. Eggman > Any other Sonic Character. Amy only gets in if by some miracle either Nintendo buys out Sega or for some reason Sega sells just the Sonic franchise to Nintendo.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
No. If there were ever to be another Sonic character I would much prefer Tails, Knuckles or Eggman to Amy or anyone else.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I would prefer the following before Amy Rose

Tails
Knuckles
Dr. Robotnik

Tiffany80

Smash Rookie
Think about it. No-one thought Villager or Wii Fit Trainer would be in the game.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Think about it. No-one thought Villager or Wii Fit Trainer would be in the game.
True.

But one must consider that we have never had a character from that respective series. We already have a Sonic rep (Sonic), so that decrease the feasibility of Amy, or any other Sonic character for that matter, to be put into Smash.

I do see your thinking though!

Tiffany80

Smash Rookie
Plus, Sega and Nintendo are slowly growing closer. Imagine how their relationship would be at least 5 yrs. from now. It is still possible. We musn't give up!

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Plus, Sega and Nintendo are slowly growing closer. Imagine how their relationship would be at least 5 yrs. from now. It is still possible. We musn't give up!
I respect your thinking, but I do not believe this will increase the possibility of a Sonic representative being put into Smash 4. You do bring up a good point however, so this can support the claim that Sonic reps may be present in a future Smash game. As for now, many do not see any more fighters from this series being put into the latest Smash installment.

But hey, if they do decide to put a character like Silver, Tails, or Knuckles into the game, I am all for it. I think Sonic characters are very unique and could add a little diversity to the roster. In my opinion, Amy is not the best choice, and most certainly does not have the best chance.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
If the Ryu leak is true, a second Sonic character is possible.

It would probably be Eggman, as he's the most important character in the series other than Sonic.

StormC

Smash Hero
It would probably be Eggman, as he's the most important character in the series other than Sonic.
Tails could put up a pretty good fight for that claim.

Anyway, the day Sonic gets more than four characters in Smash we'll all probably be dead or wish we were dead.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Tails could put up a pretty good fight for that claim.

Anyway, the day Sonic gets more than four characters in Smash we'll all probably be dead or wish we were dead.
Nintendo would need to buy the Sonic IP for that to ever happen.

And even then it'd be 3 at best. :p

Last edited:

Tiffany80

Smash Rookie
Okay so, oni333 and all the others who prefer different characters to Amy Rose, why not for example vote for Tails and Amy Rose

Burruni

Smash Hero
Okay so, oni333 and all the others who prefer different characters to Amy Rose, why not for example vote for Tails and Amy Rose
Because it's a fairly accepted thing that trying to get a SECOND Sonic character is a stretch in and of itself and the votes are for a singular character (unless the mechanic of how they fight is a duo, like Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, Donbe & Hikari, or Cream & Cheese).
And the fact is Amy is down a list of characters that people at large want to see more.

People want the Best Friend who was one of the first founders of co-op in a platformer, or the Rival-Turned-Friend that is the Wario of the Sonic universe with about as much memetic value, or the Villain who has and continues to be one of the most charismatic antagonists of gaming history on margin more.

If between now and Smash 5 SEGA is bought out by Nintendo, Amy's a contender for Smash 6. She is overshadowed in iconicism, popularity, and importance to the series by a small handful in a heavy competition for a slot that may not even be present to fight for.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Give her a chance!
We have.
Maybe not on the Smash front in comparison to some bigger names from her series, but in regards to her own series.

Where she's used very often as that "4th player" kind of protagonist: Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Shuffle, Sonic Heroes (in which she's more of a 3rd player Protag because Espio is clearly ranking below her), Sonic Advance Trilogy, and Boom (but only on the WiiU version, on 3DS she's reduced to Damsel in Distress and P4 is taken by Sticks).

To bring the comparison to the Mario scenario, we have :4mario: and people are requesting :4luigi::4bowser: and more rarely :4wario2:while The Pink Piko-Piko Mallet Powerhouse is around the level of :4yoshi: or Blue (or Yellow) Toad.

That's my stance as a pretty firm detractor.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I am going to reiterate the most recent post above me.

Amy Rose is just not requested as much as necessary. She is not a prominent character (at least when compared to Tails or Knuckles), so that really challenges her likelihood of becoming DLC. It isn't that we don't want to give her a chance, but rather it's that she really doesn't have one to begin with. We have to realize that anyone can vote for who they want, but some characters have a much stronger chance than others.

Whether we like it or not, Amy falls into the "there's barely a slight chance" category, due to the fact that supposed Roy and Ryu files were found, and Lucas was confirmed. If these 3 characters were to make it in, we can speculate that Sakurai is focusing on veterans and reps from series already present in Smash 4. Although Amy is a Sonic character, we can assume that Sakurai is intent on adding DLC from popular demand.

Tiffany80

Smash Rookie
So you think that Amy Rose doesn't have enough demand well what if the problem is rooted from you

StormC

Smash Hero
Third party franchise are incredibly unlikely to get more than one character, and even if they did, there are many more requested, important Sonic characters than Amy. She would have to go through Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow at the bare minimum.

Even if every single person on Smashboards voted for her, it wouldn't make a difference.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You know something? I do like Amy Rose as a character, but I do have a beef with her being in Smash.

Even if this whole Ryu thing is real, a second representative from the Sonic franchise in a Nintendo all stars fighting game just doesn't make sense to me.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
I would want more Sonic reps but she's behind A LOT of characters( Knuckles, Tails, Silver, Metal Sonic, Blaze, Eggman), She's a very polarized character in the series, If we get more Sonic reps I would want Silver and Knuckles, Sorry

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Not really. There are other Sonic characters or even other Sega characters that I want over her. :U

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I like Amy just fine, but Tails and Knuckles would be my biggest Sonic wants.

But I'm not really rooting for even Tails at this point.
Pretty much this. The Sonic fan base just keeps getting way too loud when it comes to smash speculation.

However, I think it would've been nice to see her as an Assist Trophy.
Would so rather go with Blaze or Sally instead.
You do realize that Sally didn't originate in a video game, right?

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh but she did, she was originally 1 of the animals rescued in STH1:

Amy Rose on the other hand, is not originally from a game but actually debuted in manga & later to the games: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Eimi
So they changed her gender?

Also notalgia flashback for Johnny Lightfoot and Porker Lewis. I get teary eyed every time I remember Johnny's death at Metal Sonic's hands.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh but she did, she was originally 1 of the animals rescued in STH1:

Amy Rose on the other hand, is not originally from a game but actually debuted in manga & later to the games: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Eimi
What a buncha baloney. Amy and Eimi are not the same person. Amy was only based off of Eimi. Even your own source says so.

And that pic you shared just screams straw grasping. Sally was only based off the kinda squirrel you would find in said game. There's no connection at all.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Pretty much this. The Sonic fan base just keeps getting way too loud when it comes to smash speculation.

However, I think it would've been nice to see her as an Assist Trophy.

You do realize that Sally didn't originate in a video game, right?
Even with Sally looking like she does in the comics/old cartoon, she was in Sonic Spinball before Amy was ever in Sonic CD.

Nifty, huh?

Also... no... I wouldn't vote for Amy. Even if I was only going to vote for a Sonic character, she'd be behind Tails.... and Eggman.... And Knuckles... And Blaze.... And Rouge.... And Metal Sonic... And Gamma.... And Cream and Cheese.... And any member of the Chaotix that isn't Charmy, Heavy, or Bomb.... And Flicky.... And Nack/Fang...And Chaos.... And Emerl... And Tikal... And Charmy, Heavy, and Bomb...

She's ahead of Stix...

And if I'm allowed from the comics/cartoons.... Ixis Naugus and Mammoth Mogul need to be the big bad of a Sonic game. With playable Bunnie Rabbot.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
And that pic you shared just screams straw grasping. Sally was only based off the kinda squirrel you would find in said game. There's no connection at all.
The squirrel in the games is straight up named Sally Acorn in the western versions of STH1, the name originates from that source. The Sally of the cartoon is an adaption of that squirrel. In fact all of the animals were initially going to be in the cartoon at first but plans got changed & only Sally remained. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Pre-SatAM_images I don't see that as straw grasping at all.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The squirrel in the games is straight up named Sally Acorn in the western versions of STH1, the name originates from that source. The Sally of the cartoon is an adaption of that squirrel. In fact all of the animals were initially going to be in the cartoon at first but plans got changed & only Sally remained. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Pre-SatAM_images I don't see that as straw grasping at all.
Exactly. It's just one squirrel. We won't ever even know if the same "Sally" was even in the game to begin with. I'm not saying she wasn't, I'm saying there's no proof that one certain "Sally Acorn" could've been in Sonic 1.

This is getting a bit stupid though. Let's just stop before the mods get here.

Top Bottom