• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
dammit, cant post a picture because of the damn censor.

so uh... anyone enjoy various edm styles of music like dubstep, hardcore, and electro? check out this channel for endless amazing mixes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/goingquantum?feature=chclk
damn amazing channel, subbed

so there's this new show in the netherlands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-qZFyE6KLA
dutch (unknown) rappers going to LA to breakthrough in america (i guess nl would be too easy lol)

first episode was hilarious wow

soap

Smash Hero
Dear Jay-Z - Game

(whispering) Dr Dre.....

Dear Jay...you probably upset bout Uncle Otis
But it ain't that serious, I still think ya one a the coldest
I remember workin on Documentary with Doc
As in D-R-E.....not the homie D.O.C....

'Bout two years after you had dropped the Black Album,
that ****** ***** Fifty jus dropped his first wack album
Me n Doc was in the studio....... makin' a classic...
....the next Reasonbale Doubt, Ready To Die, n Illmatic,

..The Chronic, All Eyez On Me, Wu-Tang Forever,
What's Going On, Purple Rain, n Thriller all mixed together
Dre told me I was the next Rakim....mixed with Pac,
6 years after my ***** Wayne dropped The Block Is Hot

I was tellin' Dre it'd be ill if you would jump on a track
So I got ya number from Em....but you wasn't hollerin' back
I jus figured I aint dial the right number...so I told 'Ye
And I read that number to him.......he said it was OK

So I dialed it again....you picked up, n I was sayin'
"Yo what the deal, playboy..." n you said "who dis, Dame?"
Then I was like "Nah this Game", n you was like "who?"
And I was like "Game"....................n you was like "who?"

I explained who I was n ****...tryna be humble
But a second later, ya musta been drivin' thru a tunnel,
cos the phone got cut off.......so I called back to check it
and I heard "Yeah this Jay, I ain't here, please leave a message"

an it keeps goin..
http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/07/exclusive-game-dropped-his-latest.html

it's that ghostface impersonator's blog. An afternoon well spent lol.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Listen to Documentary and R.E.D. album, there are plenty of other worst artists that we talk about in here, Game ain't bad.
I've listened to the documentary, mostly because i was like 13 when it came out and that "hate it or love it" song was my shiit and my ball team won county champs and beat the reigning champs blah blah cinderella story blah blah that song was everyones away message on aim, fast forward g-unit falls apart game makes 300 bars (which was hilarious) and then one blood came out and i was like wtffff is this shiiiiiiiiiit

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I've listened to the documentary, mostly because i was like 13 when it came out and that "hate it or love it" song was my shiit and my ball team won county champs and beat the reigning champs blah blah cinderella story blah blah that song was everyones away message on aim, fast forward g-unit falls apart game makes 300 bars (which was hilarious) and then one blood came out and i was like wtffff is this shiiiiiiiiiit
Lmao can't lie I said the same and I was like 14 when that came out. Although the remix was hype because it had mad artists on it though.

Also I needed to put this somewhere because it made me laugh really hard.

soap

Smash Hero
aight fam, so I just started making a playlist called "corny old ****"

so far I got: Hey Ma, Country Grammar

this joint
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Oux1lN__4

corny *** intro "I'm in the hood"... "Ya we in the hood too"..... then u got Havoc's old mobb deep lookin *** talkin about "I'm young, I'm black, I'm rich and yes"

still, love this track. Anyways, add to the list. kinda goin for that last week of summer feel good type ish

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Random: Justin Timberlake's first album is greatness. Been spinning it for a minute now. Dude needs up get back to that vibe.

Any of you on Twitter? If so: @LondonAssyrian

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Lol Ya'll niggas hand out your twitters like skittles. Also, I agree with Justin Timberlake having a dope first album. Second album was kinda good, too. I didn't even know he sung "Til the End of Time" til someone told me. Thought it was a black dude at first.

soap

Smash Hero
as in playlist files?

I just change the playlist and save over it

when ever I move a file even if i move it back the m3u stays ****ed up tho

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Illmatic... for now... let me listen to Stillmatic real quick, Odd you would mention that, I just downloaded "God's son" and "It was Written"

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Ugh, don't make me do this...

Illmatic and Stillmatic are two of my favorite albums period. I consider Illmatic my favorite album of all time, just because I grew up listening to it, and I still do. But Stillmatic is amazing too.

I really can't decide. I could just say Illmatic because it's Illmatic, but that would just be a biased answer.

Followed you, N9NE.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Man I agree, Its really tough. Illmatic is a classic. Stillmatic is timeless as well.

I'd have to say I enjoyed Stillmatic more. That "Rewind" was so amazing. Not to mention One Mic and Ether.

I also listen to all the Carters by Weezy today, and the first Carter is the best one to date...

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I consider Illmatic my favorite album of all time.
You just became one of my favorite people.

I'll have to go with Illmatic. Rule is really corny to me from Stillmatic and I'd have to agree with MBlaze in that Smokin' should've been replaced with Purple.

I had to learn to appreciate the second half of Illmatic. Before, once the cd got to Memory Lane, i stopped paying attention to it. Once I learned to appreciate it, I realized it was the greatest hip hop album ever, as you all should believe also :awesome:. Nah, but seriously, The grittiness, lyricism and production from Illmatic definitely ranks it above Stillmatic but Still still has a couple things I like a tiny bit better than Ill...like that beginning instrumental.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
as in playlist files?

I just change the playlist and save over it

when ever I move a file even if i move it back the m3u stays ****ed up tho
what are you trying to modify it to? I knew you can convert them into MP3 format with Itunes...
I'm just trying to use it whenever I download a new album since iTunes as of lately has a problem with me adding more than one song at a time... it crashes for no damn reason lol. So whenever an M3U file is included for a playlist all the songs go on there for some reason with no problem, so it's convenient.

Illmatic vs Stillmatic

go
And I love them both but Illmatic for me, Illmatic is my favorite album period. I like It was Written a little bit more than Stillmatic as well, if Stillmatic had Purple... oh shit then I wouldn't know xD

You just became one of my favorite people.

I'll have to go with Illmatic. Rule is really corny to me from Stillmatic and I'd have to agree with MBlaze in that Smokin' should've been replaced with Purple.

I had to learn to appreciate the second half of Illmatic. Before, once the cd got to Memory Lane, i stopped paying attention to it. Once I learned to appreciate it, I realized it was the greatest hip hop album ever, as you all should believe also :awesome:. Nah, but seriously, The grittiness, lyricism and production from Illmatic definitely ranks it above Stillmatic but Still still has a couple things I like a tiny bit better than Ill...like that beginning instrumental.
Yessss lol, I agree with everything here besides Rule being corny, I mean it was right after 9/11 so it was kinda relative. I'm glad that Braveheart's party was taken off though, that shit had no place on Stillmatic imo.

Nastradamus
Troll. lol

Also Drake's 3 new songs that dropped tonight, http://octobersveryown.blogspot.com/.

I'm ready to give up on this nigga completely right about now.

soap

Smash Hero
Top 2 Nas albums for me easy. Stillmatic my fav, altho I can replay Illmatic alot more nowadays. Stillmatic has this gritty inspirational aspect that puts it over for me.

I like smokin, the ceremony **** cracks me up. Rule is a solid track too. And I like Purple where it is. Lost Tapes.

I kinda under-rated Street's Disciple now that I've actually listened to both discs alot. 2nd verse in Reason about the nanny, he makes the imagery so easy. Some people might call that track corny too. I'm pretty sure I like corny tracks. Me & You was sweet too.

Top Bottom