• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Was never a supporter, but my condolences. I think he should have been an AT at least.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Farewell, Blunder Red!

In all seriousness, sorry guys. It was a long shot for sure, but I think Trophy status is suitable for the game's representation. I really hope one of the stages gets the W101 theme song though.

D

Deleted member

Deconfirmation:
The main Wonderful 100 are all trophies:
I have mixed feelings

D

Deleted member

Farewell, Blunder Red!

In all seriousness, sorry guys. It was a long shot for sure, but I think Trophy status is suitable for the game's representation. I really hope one of the stages gets the W101 theme song though.
Boxing Ring should get this

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
It would be nice if a least he was an Assist Trophy like Dillon, why all the characters that I support are being shoot down, in before Ridley, Shulk and King K. Rool are deconfirmed too.

.n_n.

D

Deleted member

Some things I find odd about today's pic that might or might not be in Red's favor
Pros:
-Sakurai starts saying "Fight!", could indicate PC or AT
-"We also made trophies for some of the others Wonderful 100" isn't it odd that a series that is only represented by Trophies get at least 7 standard trophies?
-Sakurai doesn't specify that he's not playable unlike he did with others
-PC also get trophies
-Zero Suit Samus

Cons:
-Assist is more plausible than Playable at this point
-All the Newcomers first appearence was in their respective trailer
-Trophy model is copy-paste from his official artwork

Don't know if I forgot something

I'm kinda disapointed that the game won't have other content like music or stage, but Assist is still possible, Sakurai said that some AT won't appear in the 3DS version and considering the game is Wii U exclusive, it could happen, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
When Sakurai showed Saria off, he didn't state "by the way, Saria is just a trophy." By your logic, should we be expecting playable Saria now?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When Sakurai showed Saria off, he didn't state "by the way, Saria is just a trophy." By your logic, should we be expecting playable Saria now?
Look at the cons, even if it's still possible, an Assist is more likely, at least as an Assist, we could get more than just trophies, I like them, but, it's nothing special like how he did with Dillon, I felt that Dillon is receiving recognition as an Assist but Red as a trophy isn't anything special(and I won't be able to hear Red speaking any of his phrases like "Diplomacy has failed!" or "Team, unite up!", I just-- at least an Assist, please Sakurai!!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My condolences. Was not a big supporter of him myself, but I thought and hoped that he would at least make it as an Assist Trophy.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Sorry guys. Hopefully Kamiya doesn't scrap his Wonderful 102 plans and turn this into the next Okami/Viewtiful Joe.
Wait, wait, he has Wonderful 102 plans? (Aside from the sequel hook at the end of the game, I mean)

Getting a W101 stage is still possible
Also, what stage d'you think we'd get? On one hand, I don't think Blossom City would be terribly interesting.

Maybe the...
Destroyed Blossom City, or have the destroyed level be part of the normal stage? Or perhaps inside Vorken?

Or maybe we could swap out Corneria Skies/the Great Fox level for one set atop the Virgin Victory during that early 'chase the boss' scene? That'd be pretty neat.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Some things I find odd about today's pic that might or might not be in Red's favor
Pros:
-Sakurai starts saying "Fight!", could indicate PC or AT
-"We also made trophies for some of the others Wonderful 100" isn't it odd that a series that is only represented by Trophies get at least 7 standard trophies?
-PC also get trophies
-Zero Suit Samus

Cons:
-Assist is more plausible than Playable at this point
-All the Newcomers first appearence was in their respective trailer
-Trophy model is copy-paste from his official artwork

Don't know if I forgot something

I'm kinda disapointed that the game won't have other content like music or stage, but Assist is still possible, Sakurai said that some AT won't appear in the 3DS version and considering the game is Wii U exclusive, it could happen, right?
I believe Sakurai stated that only the characters that appear on the official website are the fighters. If a character is shown in the game and doesn't get a character page, they're essentially de-confirmed.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Stage: Blossom City

Location: One of the many buildings. Platforms are destroyed billboards, tanks, and construction equipment.

Hazards: Geathjerk ships blast the stage.

Music:
Hero March
School Bus Pandemonium!
Battle in Blossom City Burbs
Intertwined
Vorkken
Head for Blossom Tower!
Get to the Goddess Statue!
Table Turns
Wonderful Mission 002
Wonder-Eyes *insert color here*
Wonder-eyes BLACK!
WONDERFUL FINISH! ("Are you feeling a bit beside yourself?") - This should be an extended version that is a mix of the english and japanese versions.
Hitchin a Missile!
Jergingha

they could the the same treatment AC got in brawl and have everything BUT a playable fighter...
It would be perfect. Wonderful 101 has so much it can offer Smash bros.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
they could give W101 the the same treatment AC got in brawl and have everything BUT a playable fighter...
You say that as if it's a bad thing. After all, as you said, AC got everything but a playable fighter in Brawl, and look at how well that worked for that franchise in Sm4sh... Heheh.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Stage: Blossom City

Location: One of the many buildings. Platforms are destroyed billboards, tanks, or construction equipment.

Hazards: Geathjerk ships blast the stage.

Music:
Hero March
School Bus Pandemonium!
Battle in Blossom City Burbs
Intertwined
Vorkken
Head for Blossom Tower!
Get to the Goddess Statue!
Table Turns
Wonderful Mission 002
Wonder-Eyes *insert color here*
Wonder-eyes BLACK!
WONDERFUL FINISH! ("Are you feeling a bit beside yourself?")
Hitchin a Missile!
Jergingha
I think the prologue on the bus would be a cooler stage
You say that as if it's a bad thing. After all, as you said, AC got everything but a playable fighter in Brawl, and look at how well that worked for that franchise in Sm4sh... Heheh.
No I didn't actually it's just text's inability to convey emotion...

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
and music track wise I think it's more likely we will get a W101 medley of a bunch of the best songs in the game.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
A city in the middle of an alien invasion isn't interesting? Wat?

Blossom City Stage Idea
Yeah, my bad on that. For some reason, I was thinking *entirely* of the little courtyard area where the demo/the very start of act one/the final scene of the game takes place. I would actually really, really enjoy your idea.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Ouch, this stings! He would have been someone truly special and fun to play as. I doubt if we will ever see a sequel so this was really his only chance to star in smash. Would have been nice to have this young new series represented in Nintendo's grandest stage. I know many people who claim they are meaning to pick Wonderful 101 up. His inclusion would have been a nice push they needed. Whelp this is why I am for DLC. DLC would be perfect for one off characters and more obscure ones like Wonder Red. I will continue to dream for this awesome hero.

Also Nintendo completely owns everything about the Wonderful 101. The title, the characters, everything! So many people believed it to be a 3rd party franchise because Platinum developed it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ouch, this stings! He would have been someone truly special and fun to play as. I doubt if we will ever see a sequel so this was really his only chance to star in smash. Would have been nice to have this young new series represented in Nintendo's grandest stage. I know many people who claim they are meaning to pick Wonderful 101 up. His inclusion would have been a nice push they needed. Whelp this is why I am for DLC. DLC would be perfect for one off characters and more obscure ones like Wonder Red. I will continue to dream for this awesome hero.

Also Nintendo completely owns everything about the Wonderful 101. The title, the characters, everything! So many people believed it to be a 3rd party franchise because Platinum developed it.
Well not everything. Bayonetta characters are hidden in The Wonderful 101. lol

yani

Smash Lord
Pretty disappointed that he didn't make the cut, even though it wasn't very likely to begin with.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so obviously I'm not the first to say it, but it looks like I am in this thread. Sakurai made the distinction today that Brittany is not playable when he revealed her trophy. Call me grasping for straws, but if I remember correctly, Wonder Red is the only trophy picture (other than perhaps Saria, as Sakurai was revealing their coming back and IIRC didn't even mention her by name) in which Sakurai didn't make the necessary distinction that the character wasn't playable. He only said that there were trophies of the some of the other Wonderful 101 characters, never actually saying Wonder Red wasn't playable, like he has for everybody else (again, unless I'm missing somebody).

So, yeah, Wonder Red might still have a chance. Thoughts?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Warning Received
Nope, doesn't stand a chance.

I feel like there should have been more Blunder Red jokes with Joker and Batman/Robin gifs
stood a better chances than some of the characters ive seen youve support

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ok now you're just being an *******
well then dont come into a support thread and be blatantly rude

youve stated sora stand a tiny chance while wonder red didnt stand any and quite frankly any nintendo character stand a better chance than a third party character

Top Bottom